Total online 1830
 Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HELP! What are we overlooking (HH album)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay So, yeah, wow. Not a lot seems to have happened when we were scrambling around trying to simultaneously survive and future proof through 2016.

Now, anyone who knows our ethos will be aware we don't like the idea of "loading" comps. We want to represent a broad spectrum of artists whether it'll be their comp debut or they're a seeming guaranteed name on the list of artists.

That all said, I feel we're struggling with that remit. Now, this ISN'T a HU album in the traditional sense. We're not shooting for massive stylistic breadth; we're after upfront sounding (at least in production terms) musically solid genre leading material. Amazingly, and I thought HU7 was an aberration, we're not exactly being bombarded with tracks.

This needs wrapping in the next week, or so, and with that in mind it's open season. What *should* be on there?

Criteria:

Cannot contain unclearable samples
Has not featured on a previous compilation (HU7, One Rave, latest Rebuild CD)
Artist/label must be willing to license *and* grant single rights due to format
It can have been released already, as long as the previous criteria are met it's a non issue
Material from late 2015 - 2016

Help! Obviously I'm expecting a few tracks shortlisted to get mentioned and that's great. I'll sleep better ;)

CDJay
Mickey Init Gregor Le Dahl feat. Allison Gray - Change (Technikore Remix)
Dougal & Gammer feat. Jenna - Kryptonite
Darren Styles feat. Christina Novelli - Sun Is Rising
Hixxy - Where Do We Go?
arpz Fallon - We Are One
Re-Con - Become One
Scott Brown & M-Project - Don't Leave Me Alone

Dy5oN What's the best way of contacting you these days CDJay? Are you back/active on Facebook again?
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:
What's the best way of contacting you these days CDJay? Are you back/active on Facebook again?

I found him easiest to contact on GRINDR
CDJay I am back on FB atm. So that, or DM here

Fret ye not, your remix of "Another Notch" is already shortlisted

CDJay
Elipton I feel like I want to put some real thought into this

But my immediate thought would be that Kniteforce is often overlooked. It'd be great to see Luna-C, Sc@r and CLSM tear a CD into thirds.
trippnface Dowster & Vagabond have stuff from this year that is good.

bassjunkie and richie?

technikore ; whatev euphoric vibes storm is cookin.

i dunno about anybody else; but that move with you 2016 remix from the recent s3rl remaster is KILL; S3RL should feature i think.

doug horizon has cool sounding stuff; dan edge; gaz v; some of the trackmaster dudes.

https://www.trackitdown.net/cloudsearch/keyword?q=Cruze

anything with zoe van west on vocals.

stromtrooper did a new track sounds pretty good

https://www.trackitdown.net/track/dj-stormtrooper/unomas-original-mix/hardcore/10314209.html

IYF
https://www.trackitdown.net/track/hyperforce-and-iyf-vs-anima/re-arrange-original-mix/house/10310905.html

future of hardcore label just released a USB with their full catalog; seen some fire tracks & artists.

Whats up with magic chord and the artists that did tracks for that?

everything was on point.

https://www.trackitdown.net/track/liqo/my-time-original-mix/hardcore/6214034.html

speaking of which; how about some j core guys/ tracks?

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
speaking of which; how about some j core guys/ tracks?

Absolutely this. Couldn't agree more.
CDJay .. see, normally I'd be agreeing with you lots and lots and lots.

I'm not sure much of it will fit the brief, for *this* album, though, sadly.

Still, link me to things and prove me wrong

CDJay
Rodz90 There are some bits i've heard in various podcasts

Alex Prospect & Spyro - Up To No Good
Scott Brown - Reach For The Sky
Outforce - Goosebumps
Avi8 - The Forgotten Star (Macks Wolf & Clarkey Remix)
Jekyll Ft Heidi Anne - Too Afraid
Darren Styles - Show me the sunshine (Gammer Remix 2016)
Gammer ?Red Drink Foam Party?

This is really broad, but there are two Stu Infinity tracks one contains a reallyyyyyyyyy good male vocal, the other is an update of an older piece he did. Both featured on the Stu Woods podcast which is sadly gone.

I have no idea if this would get cleared, but i like the mashup he did:
Hixxy meets The Fat Rat feat. Laura Brehm - Don't stop vs Monody (https://soundcloud.com/hixxy/hixxy-meets-the-fat-rat-feat-laura-brehm-dont-stop-vs-monody)
Golion
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
.. see, normally I'd be agreeing with you lots and lots and lots.

I'm not sure much of it will fit the brief, for *this* album, though, sadly.

Still, link me to things and prove me wrong

CDJay

Maybe a full J-core underground cd sometime in the future? Buying stuff from japan is pretty expensive so a cd compiled by you guys might have an audience? The Al Storm & Shimamura cd on Hu 7 is really good =)
CDJay I'd love to do it, but the language barrier is real and the interest has to be reciprocal.

Best I can tell, the Japanese audience are interested in HU but the active artists not so much.

CDJay
Samination
quote:
I'd love to do it, but the language barrier is real and the interest has to be reciprocal.

Best I can tell, the Japanese audience are interested in HU but the active artists not so much.

CDJay

not even Mproject or Shimamura?
Future_Shock

Maybe this? Cheeky self promotion.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:

I can't see any of the 3 djs involved with this album would be interested in this. It has that very heavy S3RL cheesy style and sound that has never been really popular among the UK crowd.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
I'd love to do it, but the language barrier is real and the interest has to be reciprocal.

CDJay

not even Mproject or Shimamura?

Hmm let me think.

Fracus and Darwin. DDR Superstars.
I will dare go on record and state they are easily the most popular UK Hardcore act in that territory, even VS Gammer et al.
Our third best selling territory, for years. See also: Podcast.

Number of times F&D have played there? Zero.

I see little evidence of reciprocity.

CDJay
oxis no embedding since i'm scared it will lag the thread. also sorry if any of these were on compilations, i don't keep up as much as i would like to :(

j-core
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9KNQPc6XXg

i like this one, unique riff.
https://www.beatport.com/track/make-the-club-shake-original-mix/7301573

these ones are probably not as upfront as you want but i really like both of them.
https://soundcloud.com/nds_lds/tragick-herofc-journey-to-the-stars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz0G5v37FSo

the new Finnbarr on Stamina is also insane.
Elliott
quote:
We're not shooting for massive stylistic breadth; we're after upfront sounding (at least in production terms) musically solid genre leading material.

You just talked yourself out of a sale, good sir.

Seriously though, good luck with the project.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

I can't see any of the 3 djs involved with this album would be interested in this. It has that very heavy S3RL cheesy style and sound that has never been really popular among the UK crowd.

In other words, it's actually a pretty decent tune so it won't go onto the album.

Afaik S3RL is popular almost everywhere. To the people on the street here who vaguely know what hardcore is, S3RL is one of the 5 or so names you're most likely to hear. I don't even like him but I acknowledge that he's achieved huge popularity for an artist outside of the traditional top tier.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
We're not shooting for massive stylistic breadth; we're after upfront sounding (at least in production terms) musically solid genre leading material.

You just talked yourself out of a sale, good sir.

Seriously though, good luck with the project.

Totally see where you're coming from, but surely you'd agree that different criteria are called for? It's not like repping everyone and everything on the HU series for 10 years has been a hug and then some. The mainstream, IMO, has gone utterly sideways and the gap now isn't an alternative to that it's a replacement for what it was. Which, truth be told, isn't breakbeat hardcore and J-Core. If you were me, would you honestly do it differently?

CDJay
CDJay
quote:
quote:
quote:

In other words, it's actually a pretty decent tune so it won't go onto the album.

Afaik S3RL is popular almost everywhere. To the people on the street here who vaguely know what hardcore is, S3RL is one of the 5 or so names you're most likely to hear. I don't even like him but I acknowledge that he's achieved huge popularity for an artist outside of the traditional top tier.

I have a lot of respect for S3rl, he has things in the pool (as it were).

CDJay
CDJay Submissions finally coming in. Hooray!

CDJay
Mickey Init
quote:
Submissions finally coming in. Hooray!

CDJay

Coincidentally or as a result of this thread?
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:
Submissions finally coming in. Hooray!

CDJay

Coincidentally or as a result of this thread?

Facebook most likely!
PecheyTheLizard One super serious question. I finished a track a while ago and am in the process of fixing it up and mastering it. Basically, my question is if small time producers such as myself can be added to this compilation? I'm quite certain their are quality qualifications and I can assure you I'm not some Bandcamp low quality garbage, haha. I'm not saying I'm the "best" but I'm rather proud of this one.
CDJay Always open to anyone and everyone!

DM me a link

CDJay
Thumpa Artists doing it for me:

Macks Wolf, Jakka-B, Getty, Relect, Seventhrun (sp?), DJ Noriken

There's lots of good music coming from Japan at the mo, they have their style locked down, UK hardcore with a sprinkling of Japanese style.
trippnface make em give you this one . and while you are at it; make him give you transcend & cyrax remix of morning light haha.

https://soundcloud.com/m-project_suzumoto/heart-attack

track is so cool; such a good synthesis of their sounds. not a big stomp fan; but the euphoria/ vibes off that track is killin

Hixxy is moving again too; maybe he could give some fresh sounds?

trippnface Haze for sure ; love the sound he went for here

https://www.trackitdown.net/track/weaver-and-jts/i-need-you-haze-mix/hardcore/9802813.html
trippnface shame the Japanese do not want to get involved; maybe viperstar or attack the music guys could help a collab?

check this out; j core and western guys. rhythmics still making hardcore?

https://diverse.direct/hx-rec/hxcd-001/

and look who does the mastering . lol.

So they are involved in helping the real scene; behind the scenes; but push utter shit. how confusing; why?
Elliott
quote:
shame the Japanese do not want to get involved; maybe viperstar or attack the music guys could help a collab?

check this out; j core and western guys. rhythmics still making hardcore?

https://diverse.direct/hx-rec/hxcd-001/

and look who does the mastering . lol.

So they are involved in helping the real scene; behind the scenes; but push utter shit. how confusing; why?

Not everyone actually wanted to change the music. But when Gammer and Styles and friends start pushing something completely different, you have to fall in line if you want to stay relevant and keep getting bookings.

Even notable hold-outs like Technikore and Scott Brown have started to realise that you're supposed to act like the '00s never happened.

Only people with nothing financial at stake haven't given in and sold out at this point.
Thumpa Elliott you chat so much depressing shit, if there was a way of blocking you on here I would, if you got nothing nice to say about anything close your laptop and go outside and have a walk you miserable ****.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Elliott you chat so much depressing shit, if there was a way of blocking you on here I would, if you got nothing nice to say about anything close your laptop and go outside and have a walk you miserable ****.

not fully defending him, but you went over the line there. Haven't you read about his illness?
Elliott
quote:
Elliott you chat so much depressing shit, if there was a way of blocking you on here I would, if you got nothing nice to say about anything close your laptop and go outside and have a walk you miserable ****.

Yeah, that's a good look. Insulting someone who actually bought some of your albums. Well done.

Won't be making that mistake again.

Edit: Speaking of bookings, how are yours going, mate? Cleared any floors lately? They should just call you the cleaner.
Elliott
quote:
quote:

not fully defending him, but you went over the line there. Haven't you read about his illness?

It's alright bro. I haven't fully explained what's wrong and I'd prefer not to but I don't want to let any illness, no matter how serious, define who I am. :)

I'd still be posting the exact same shit if I was healthy anyway!

Edit: ****in typos in every post!
trippnface
quote:

i dunno; did you see Gammers twatty post?

"UK Hardcore Scene 2017:
The great ****boi exodus "

not even sure what is going on; is he talking about himself?

and here " When the whole crowd chants your song " ( to some shitty god forsaken hype track of his)

? was he ****ing sleeping for a decade as the most superb fans one could ask for sang their hearts out to his brilliant euphoric tracks?

actually pisses me off.

pretty much takes the cake as far as depressing shit goes; i'd say.
Elliott
quote:
quote:

i dunno; did you see Gammers twatty post?

"UK Hardcore Scene 2017:
The great ****boi exodus "

not even sure what is going on; is he talking about himself?

and here " When the whole crowd chants your song " ( to some shitty god forsaken hype track of his)

? was he ****ing sleeping for a decade as the most superb fans one could ask for sang their hearts out to his brilliant euphoric tracks?

actually pisses me off.

pretty much takes the cake as far as depressing shit goes; i'd say.

It's like he intentionally tries to out-dick himself year on year. And since 2012, he's been very successful at it.

Man, I remember in 2008, he was like one of my few genuine music idols. It's just sad to see. These days, he doesn't even acknowledge that he had fans before 2010. For him, it's like hardcore started a few years ago and he's one of the pioneers of the genre.
djDMS I've watched him grow from massively excited geeky kid, to massive talent, to massive bellend.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've watched him grow from massively excited geeky kid, to massive talent, to massive bellend.

Eloquently put.
oxis
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's a good look. Insulting someone who actually bought some of your albums. Well done.

Edit: Speaking of bookings, how are yours going, mate? Cleared any floors lately? They should just call you the cleaner.

yeah dude, the fact that you bought a cd totally gives you the right to talk shit about a guy who works to put together multiple cd releases featuring various unearthed artists in a barely alive genre.

also nice job derailing a good thread, once again you prove yourself as the #1 Gammer fan on the planet, simply cannot talking about him!
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
quote:
quote:

yeah dude, the fact that you bought a cd totally gives you the right to talk shit about a guy who works to put together multiple cd releases featuring various unearthed artists in a barely alive genre.

also nice job derailing a good thread, once again you prove yourself as the #1 Gammer fan on the planet, simply cannot talking about him!

Who the **** are you? Why do you seem to have an intimate knowledge of my posting proclivities? Are you stalking me?

I might have been Gammer's number 1 fan at one point almost 10 years ago tbf.

Anyway, I can't be bothered. I care about what you have to say slightly less than I care about what Thumpa has to say. Don't waste your energy responding. I won't be.
trippnface that was my bad too lol; but seriously; that harmonix Gate cd is 2 discs; i see Daniel seven AND fracus & darwin right next to hella j core names; how you gunna say they don't collab CDJay!? :p

that's your crew!

( as i buy that cd now; looks FIRE YALL)
Elliott
quote:
that was my bad too lol; but seriously; that harmonix Gate cd is 2 discs; i see Daniel seven AND fracus & darwin right next to hella j core names; how you gunna say they don't collab CDJay!? :p

that's your crew!

Every single HH.com thread longer than a single page gets derailed. That's just the way of the universe. Like gravity and the law of energy conservation. There's no point in complaining about it or even trying to rectify it imo. For the most part, I think people trying to promote their topic should just roll with it and accept the free bumping/interest that accompanies a large thread.

Link to clips of CD? Sounds mildly interesting!

On a side-note (not aimed at you or anyone really -- just cba to make another double post), why does everyone always try to ad hom me? A lot of my posts contain falsifiable premises yet nobody, except CDJay, even bothers trying to argue against the content. I just take that as a tacit acknowledgement that I'm right and nobody wants to hear it. But when CDJay responds, it leads to discussions that are interesting to me. It gets boring when the only counter-argument I hear is some variation on "you're a cnut". I might rip on his music but CDJay is actually one of my favourite users on here.
arpz Re: Gammer post.

I took the gold on that one I think

Gammer: UK Hardcore 2017 - The great **** boi exodus
Me: I thought you already ****ed off UK Hardcore

What's he even getting at? ****ing shit ton of sycophants liking the post mind...
Mickey Init
quote:
I've watched him grow from massively excited geeky kid, to massive talent, to massive bellend.

I remember the Hawaiian shirts in the early days
oxis
quote:
Who the **** are you? Why do you seem to have an intimate knowledge of my posting proclivities?

i was on the forum for more than 8 seconds
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Re: Gammer post.

I took the gold on that one I think

Gammer: UK Hardcore 2017 - The great **** boi exodus
Me: I thought you already ****ed off UK Hardcore

What's he even getting at? ****ing shit ton of sycophants liking the post mind...

That was quality tbf!
CDJay
quote:
quote:
that was my bad too lol; but seriously; that harmonix Gate cd is 2 discs; i see Daniel seven AND fracus & darwin right next to hella j core names; how you gunna say they don't collab CDJay!? :p

that's your crew!

Every single HH.com thread longer than a single page gets derailed. That's just the way of the universe. Like gravity and the law of energy conservation. There's no point in complaining about it or even trying to rectify it imo. For the most part, I think people trying to promote their topic should just roll with it and accept the free bumping/interest that accompanies a large thread.

On a side-note (not aimed at you or anyone really -- just cba to make another double post), why does everyone always try to ad hom me? A lot of my posts contain falsifiable premises yet nobody, except CDJay, even bothers trying to argue against the content. I just take that as a tacit acknowledgement that I'm right and nobody wants to hear it. But when CDJay responds, it leads to discussions that are interesting to me. It gets boring when the only counter-argument I hear is some variation on "you're a cnut". I might rip on his music but CDJay is actually one of my favourite users on here.

I literally get shivers of thrill that anyone gives enough of a sh** about things to argue convincingly in the first place. Nothing distresses me more than the whole "BANGING m8!" FB commentary to things that make me wish my brain had sustained enough trauma to no longer notice.

I also believe that I've made my own biases, and restrictions, clearly enough that I can be trusted to segue way without seeming irredeemable.

I do actually reckon there are a fair few bits on the HH album that you'd enjoy; I came close to sending you one the other day and then got all nervy and timid. The thing as a whole will inevitably distress you, but I still think we're on a recovery tip. One day at a time, yea?

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's your crew!

I literally get shivers of thrill that anyone gives enough of a sh** about things to argue convincingly in the first place. Nothing distresses me more than the whole "BANGING m8!" FB commentary to things that make me wish my brain had sustained enough trauma to no longer notice.

I also believe that I've made my own biases, and restrictions, clearly enough that I can be trusted to segue way without seeming irredeemable.

I do actually reckon there are a fair few bits on the HH album that you'd enjoy; I came close to sending you one the other day and then got all nervy and timid. The thing as a whole will inevitably distress you, but I still think we're on a recovery tip. One day at a time, yea?

CDJay

Aw. You should've done it mate!

I have a question for you. You've been working with HU and (previously) RFU for a long time. You were with RFU and HU when the bouncy supersaw-driven sound was dominant in the latter half of last decade (and continued to be a regular feature until about 2013). It was a sound you admit that you didn't enjoy but there were plenty of HU releases and compilations/CDs in that style. Inevitably, that means you've had to work with a lot of music that you probably personally didn't enjoy much. At those points, how did you justify your commitment to keeping hardcore alive? You were essentially fighting to promote an abstract concept. It wasn't the sound you were enamoured with; more of an idea.

To borrow a concept from object-oriented programming, the parent class of hardcore would really have only 2 attributes: a BPM of 170 and 4-to-the-floor drum programming (and that's if we're ignoring old skool completely because otherwise hardcore would have absolutely no meaningful definition at all). Nobody (sane) loves a genre on the basis of those two attributes. It's everything on top that counts. For me, I like happy hardcore stabs, pianos and ALL THE SUPERSAWS on top of my beats. Now that I'm not hearing that stuff, what am I supposed to be fighting for? The idea of hardcore as an abstract concept? Some sentimental crusade? The hope that everything will go full circle and we'll end up back in 2007 again?

Genres themselves have no intrinsic value (artistic or otherwise); only the music derived from those conventions has value -- and obviously that value is subjective (with maybe a smidge of objective value in an existential sense). If the conventions change in a subjectively unfavourable way, doesn't that just destroy the value? Why should we fight to keep something alive if it's not valuable to us anymore? Not the same thing that used to hold subjective value? I just wonder where your seemingly-limitless motivation and resolve come from. It's impressive but also enigmatic.

I'm glad you don't find me offensive. I don't want to dislike the music. I'm still waiting and wanting to be proven wrong and shown that hardcore in 2016 can still send shivers down my spine. You're right. I do care a lot. As I said to someone the other day, I have a thousand better things I could be doing even despite my illness but I'm passionate about this thing we call "hardcore" (whatever the hell it actually is).

More than anything else, I hate this restrictive clustering and the blind following of trends that makes it hard for two big styles to co-exist in the scene. It shouldn't this hard, should it? I think we agreed in another discussion that some producers were effectively, albeit somewhat indirectly, forced to "modernise". The fact that some older producers have refused to return on the basis of being unable to produce the modern sound suggests that the internal/external pressure to conform is immense (I'm not naming names but I've spoken to a couple of mid-tier ex-producers who cited this as a reason for staying away from the modern hardcore scene). Even Scott Brown is now changing his signature sound - one that most people were still feeling and that had almost no best-before date - to fit the TWR cartel's preferences and the scene groupthink. Maybe he prefers it this way. But nobody will convince me that every single producer in the scene drastically changed their style of their own free will or that they all prefer it this way. The fact that big names like Technikore still put out the occasional track that wipe away the last 6 years as if they were nothing makes Gammer's implications that the old UK hardcore was silly seem somewhat ridiculous.

I don't know. Maybe I should just accept that what I love is dead and either abandon the forum like everyone else or stick around for the scraps (been listening to "Tortuga 2016" pretty much on repeat this evening -- new stuff like that is mana from heaven). Maybe I need my own thread where we only post new tracks made in a '00s style. I'm far from the only one who would be interested in something like that.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's your crew!

CDJay

I have a question for you. You've been working with HU and (previously) RFU for a long time. You were with RFU and HU when the bouncy supersaw-driven sound was dominant in the latter half of last decade (and continued to be a regular feature until about 2013). It was a sound you admit that you didn't enjoy but there were plenty of HU releases and compilations/CDs in that style. Inevitably, that means you've had to work with a lot of music that you probably personally didn't enjoy much. At those points, how did you justify your commitment to keeping hardcore alive? You were essentially fighting to promote an abstract concept. It wasn't the sound you were enamoured with; more of an idea.

To borrow a concept from object-oriented programming, the parent class of hardcore would really have only 2 attributes: a BPM of 170 and 4-to-the-floor drum programming (and that's if we're ignoring old skool completely because otherwise hardcore would have absolutely no meaningful definition at all). Nobody (sane) loves a genre on the basis of those two attributes. It's everything on top that counts. For me, I like happy hardcore stabs, pianos and ALL THE SUPERSAWS on top of my beats. Now that I'm not hearing that stuff, what am I supposed to be fighting for? The idea of hardcore as an abstract concept? Some sentimental crusade? The hope that everything will go full circle and we'll end up back in 2007 again?

Genres themselves have no intrinsic value (artistic or otherwise); only the music derived from those conventions has value -- and obviously that value is subjective (with maybe a smidge of objective value in an existential sense). If the conventions change in a subjectively unfavourable way, doesn't that just destroy the value? Why should we fight to keep something alive if it's not valuable to us anymore? Not the same thing that used to hold subjective value? I just wonder where your seemingly-limitless motivation and resolve come from. It's impressive but also enigmatic.

I'm glad you don't find me offensive. I don't want to dislike the music. I'm still waiting and wanting to be proven wrong and shown that hardcore in 2016 can still send shivers down my spine. You're right. I do care a lot. As I said to someone the other day, I have a thousand better things I could be doing even despite my illness but I'm passionate about this thing we call "hardcore" (whatever the hell it actually is).

More than anything else, I hate this restrictive clustering and the blind following of trends that makes it hard for two big styles to co-exist in the scene. It shouldn't this hard, should it? I think we agreed in another discussion that some producers were effectively, albeit somewhat indirectly, forced to "modernise". The fact that some older producers have refused to return on the basis of being unable to produce the modern sound suggests that the internal/external pressure to conform is immense (I'm not naming names but I've spoken to a couple of mid-tier ex-producers who cited this as a reason for staying away from the modern hardcore scene). Even Scott Brown is now changing his signature sound - one that most people were still feeling and that had almost no best-before date - to fit the TWR cartel's preferences and the scene groupthink. Maybe he prefers it this way. But nobody will convince me that every single producer in the scene drastically changed their style of their own free will or that they all prefer it this way. The fact that big names like Technikore still put out the occasional track that wipe away the last 6 years as if they were nothing makes Gammer's implications that the old UK hardcore was silly seem somewhat ridiculous.

I don't know. Maybe I should just accept that what I love is dead and either abandon the forum like everyone else or stick around for the scraps (been listening to "Tortuga 2016" pretty much on repeat this evening -- new stuff like that is mana from heaven). Maybe I need my own thread where we only post new tracks made in a '00s style. I'm far from the only one who would be interested in something like that.

There's a question in there???
latininxtc
quote:

Pretty much the Calvin Harris of UK hardcore, the difference being that Calvin Harris at least is now fuckable.
arpz ****ing wall of text cunt :D
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's alright bro. I haven't fully explained what's wrong and I'd prefer not to but I don't want to let any illness, no matter how serious, define who I am. :)

That's good to know. As we all mostly agreed on the Squad-E thread just because something is wrong with you doesn't give you a free pass to be a cunt.

But it is amusing seeing Thumpa criticizing someone for being negative when he's had many moments of being an outright prick on this site.
arpz Dougal talks about this issue in 2003, this little segment sounds so cynical, makes me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z3c7fGiDU2c#t=469

But definitely there's the idea of being in control of where the sound goes but it's not quite at illuminati levels...

Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's good to know. As we all mostly agreed on the Squad-E thread just because something is wrong with you doesn't give you a free pass to be a cunt.

But it is amusing seeing Thumpa criticizing someone for being negative when he's had many moments of being an outright prick on this site.

I don't remember being present at this meeting!

In the post Thumpa quoted, I wasn't even being a ****. He just had a minor meltdown for some reason. I think he needs a PR manager.

I will say that what's wrong with me is potentially life-threatening. And I still don't melt about someone doing a bit of complaining on a forum. In fact, I find it annoying that this is his idea of a big problem. Seriously, Thumpa, mate, sort your life out. We can trade any time you like.
Triquatra
quote:
what am I supposed to be fighting for?

Your entitlement to gather in large groups in a celebratory manner!

/

looking forward to hearing/purchasing the end product :)
I'd send something in, but I'm still using pots, washboards and broken twigs to make my hardcore.
trippnface
quote:
quote:

that's your crew!

http://hxrecords.bandcamp.com/releases
Elliott ^Thanks mate.

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
what am I supposed to be fighting for?

Your entitlement to gather in large groups in a celebratory manner!

Ha. Subtle laugh.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's your crew!

CDJay

There's a question in there???

Several, mate. They can be found using these things called question marks.
Elliott I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

I'm not allowed to say much about it but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The HU guys have really gone to a lot of effort to include a broad spectrum of music and satisfy everyone. I might be pushing it here but I'll just mention that some of the music they've managed to license is impressive.

Don't write this off before you've heard it. Even I enjoyed it and that's a seal of approval right there. ;)

I think if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one.

Big up CDJay and everyone involved.
Captain Triceps
quote:
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

I'm not allowed to say much about it but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised. The HU guys have really gone to a lot of effort to include a broad spectrum of music and satisfy everyone. I might be pushing it here but I'll just mention that some of the music they've managed to license is impressive.

Don't write this off before you've heard it. Even I enjoyed it and that's a seal of approval right there. ;)

I think if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one.

That sounds promising then!
djDMS OK, who hacked Elliott's account?....
robertybob
quote:
OK, who hacked Elliott's account?....

It sounds like a clever marketing ploy by CDJay - get a seal of approval from the forum's toughest critic to guarantee sales from forum members

Even got a great quote for the front of the artwork / poster:

quote:
..if any modern hardcore compilation stands a chance of blowing up and actually doing well, it's this one

But seriously, can't wait for this album!!!
Elliott Hahahaha

You bunch of cynics!

CDJay said he'd been thinking about sending me something for a while. He wanted to persuade me that modern hardcore isn't all shite. Then he just decided to send me the draft of the entire first disc of the new album!

As much as I'd like to talk more about it, I'm sworn to secrecy. I even have the tracklist but I'm not allowed to mention a single track by name. Just take my word for it that it's genuinely enjoyable. I don't know if I'll be able to afford the album when it comes out but if I can, I'll be buying it.

He didn't even want me to post about it publicly. It was supposed to be a little secret. But when I found that I enjoyed it, I persuaded him to let me post a sentence or two. The least I could do is my little bit to help promote an album that I liked and that CDJay trusted me enough to hear before almost anyone else. Needless to say, it made my evening. :)

Edit: TYPOS EVERYWHERE -- even in the edit notice ****
djDMS I'm sure he'll send you it as a thank you if you tip a few doubters towards buying it ;-)
arpz Sounds like a winner. I wonder what vladel will make of it
Captain Triceps Just got off the phone to CDJay, he said it's fine if Elliott wants to upload it and give away the details.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Just got off the phone to CDJay, he said it's fine if Elliott wants to upload it and give away the details.

That's weird. I just phoned him and he said "Captain Triceps is a liar" followed by someting that sounded suspiciously like the C-word.
Cyrax just got back from walking CDjay's dog, he said Elliott please stop calling the house and hanging up he knows it's you, if you keep standing outside the house he's going to get a restraining order.
latininxtc
quote:
I'm sure he'll send you it as a thank you if you tip a few doubters towards buying it ;-)

Let's be real here no one really gives a shit about what Elliot had to say about the album to begin with we were going to buy it regardless of what he thought about it. Most, if not all, of us here are HU fanboys and we were going to buy it once we saw HU involved in the project.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
I'm sure he'll send you it as a thank you if you tip a few doubters towards buying it ;-)

Let's be real here no one really gives a shit about what Elliot had to say about the album to begin with we were going to buy it regardless of what he thought about it. Most, if not all, of us here are HU fanboys and we were going to buy it once we saw HU involved in the project.

Hey! I'm a human being and therefore my feelings have intrinsic value!

Anyway, CDJay cared plenty about what I had to say about the album and he's more important than any of us.

Edit: On a serious note, even you have to know that there are other people on here who think exactly the same as I do. I also know several people (I won't name names) who are long past the point of thinking that everything HU does is "buy on sight". We basically have our own modern-hardcore-hating clique. When someone in that clique says something is good, I'm automatically more inclined to check it out. But, no, I don't seriously believe I'm somehow going to sell a bunch of extra albums for HU on a forum of a dozen active users who had already made their minds up about this project months ago. Nothing about this is related to sales. It definitely wasn't CDJay's intention and it's not mine. I'm just giving my honest opinion on an album I've been fortunate enough to hear in advance of its release. My integrity wouldn't allow me to lie and say that it's good even if I wanted to -- I actually enjoyed it! If that gets people more hyped, great. You love HU as much as the next average HH.com user so you shouldn't have any problem with what's going on here. :)
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
just got back from walking CDjay's dog, he said Elliott please stop calling the house and hanging up he knows it's you, if you keep standing outside the house he's going to get a restraining order.

If you were walking his dog and I was standing outside his house, why aren't we having this conversation in real life?

Also **** you. CDJay would never do that to me!
Captain Triceps I'll tell you what, it's not easy posting on here on your phone wearing a realistic dog costume...
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'll tell you what, it's not easy posting on here on your phone wearing a realistic dog costume...

Have you lost weight?

Totally believable. ;)
trippnface
quote:
I was lucky enough to get an exclusive listen to an early version of F&D's disc for the album. In fact, I've had it on repeat all evening.

nice!

if i recall; you were not too big of a fan of F & D mix from HU7?

Glad you are enjoying this one; our tastes are pretty similar :D
Elliott
quote:
quote:

nice!

Yeah, man. When I think of people who like good music on this forum, you're one of the people who comes to mind. ;)

Not gonna beat around the bush: I thought HU 7 was tripe. This is much better.
PecheyTheLizard With all this positive talk about the new album, I hope I stand a chance in getting in, haha!! I am a lover of 07 hardcore, but Im a maker of newer hardcore. So hopefully I get a few listens if there's a chance I do get on the compilation ; )

Got most of my song mixed down last night, now I gotta do a final mix ; )))
arpz Well if you haven't submitted it then surely it's already too late?

Cyrax
quote:
Well if you haven't submitted it then surely it's already too late?

You've shattered his dreams now!

arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Well if you haven't submitted it then surely it's already too late?

You've shattered his dreams now!

There's always the possibility that the tune is so amazing that they stop the manufacture mid-press and re-record the mix
Elliott Tbf, if someone had sent me Building Shaker back in 2009 on the day of an album release, I would've cancelled the release and redone the whole album. Probably would've called the new album Building Shaker.

Point is: Building Shaker was a tune.

Edit: Also I should probably never be in charge of putting together a hardcore album..
PecheyTheLizard I wouldn't say it's shatter worthy, haha! I'm just saying that even for an amateur, I think it's worthy to be on something? And even if it didn't get on, I would still be happy someone put their time I to listening to it!
PecheyTheLizard By the by, when is the submission date? Hopefully I didn't screw up and get this too late lol
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

nice!

Yeah, man. When I think of people who like good music on this forum, you're one of the people who comes to mind. ;)

you know it man <3

and no way this is getting released without you getting it ; i will buy 2 and send one to your house if need be haha
CDJay The mixes are pretty much finalised, at this point, pending a few licensing stragglers.

That said, we fully intend to follow this up in a reasonable timeframe so it's still worth getting in contact.

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

nice!

you know it man <3

and no way this is getting released without you getting it ; i will buy 2 and send one to your house if need be haha

That's a very kind offer mate! You're a top bloke!
Elipton
quote:
Edit: Also I should probably never be in charge of putting together a hardcore album..

Me neither
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Me neither

This sounds like it has a story to it!
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Me neither

This sounds like it has a story to it!

And it all started with a Z. But then I don't think the naming of the album (Sharkey/React/AATW don't own the word that started with a B) was the problem, but everything else around it.
robertybob Oh god not this story again..
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
This is really broad, but there are two Stu Infinity tracks one contains a reallyyyyyyyyy good male vocal, the other is an update of an older piece he did. Both featured on the Stu Woods podcast which is sadly gone.

This is the track i meant although i guess its quite late now, still something to maybe consider for future albums:

https://soundcloud.com/stuinfinity/stu-infinity-wait-all-night-original-mix

This is pretty great as well:
https://soundcloud.com/stuinfinity/stu-infinity-somebody-like-you-original-mix

Both are quite cheesy

It took 4.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page