Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 MC Storm causes Ajay to quit hardcore

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz I *think* this post is from Ajay's personal account to Ajay's 'public' account but please someone correct me if I'm wrong

Andrew Pickering‎ to Ajay Pickering
18 mins ?
I'd say I'm disappointed with MC storms post and the fact he's deleting all the positive comments from people slating him for his actions but manipulation is this mans middle name. What do you expect from someone who drove one kid to suicide with his bullying, tried ruin DJ SY and manipulates smaller newer promoters with his stature. Hardcore will never change with vile people like this guy and the other artists secretly manipulating things behind the scene that you all adore, it's like fighting a brick wall.

So It's with a sad and heavy heart that I'll add to his hit list and I will be resigning from hardcore and music effective immediately. I cannot take the bullying, lies and disgusting behaviour any more. I literally dread my phone going off and it's geunily making me feel depressed, angry and Ill. I simply cannot take it anymore so I'm sorry to all of you that will be disappointed with this news and to all the guys I've helped push based on talent alone that will now fade into darkness or room 3. I never wanted to leave this way but if I don't I will break down and nothing is worth going back to that darkness I've once lived in.

Over my 18 years I've never once maliciously done anyone over, licked hoop or bowed down to egocentrics and they ****ing hate me for it (GOOD). I know from the many messages of support from the genuinely kind people in this industry that I made positive changes and stopped the higher echelons from controlling and hampering progress for their own gain. It's ironic that the most rewarding thing I've ever done was stop the pathetic rift between the hardcore scene and push talented GOOD people onto stale line ups that will echo forever as the ravers have become educated and demand more for their money (big up to you guys I love the lot of you) but the irony is that leaving is making me feel like I can breath again and feel free from it all.

In my personal life Im being denied access to my baby which is killing me, people I care about are suffering from terminal illnesses, I've found out I have other family I didn't know existed and on top of all this I have to deal with playground tactics and bullying that has seen me go from someone who loves what I do to not wanting to answer my telephone or even go to events, it stops right here right now!

Thank you to everyone of you who believed in me and supported "our" vision you are every much a part of the success, you have no idea about the threats, attacks and bullying I've endured over the last few years to push that on your behalf and even though I cannot continue I would look back and say to myself "it was worth it" as long as I go now.
As I said It's not the way I wanted to go but it's defiantly the legacy I'll look back on proud.

Good luck, avoid the BS and rave safe you beautiful people xxx

Seriously, why do we allow Storm any respect/power in this 'scene'? Why is everyone always scared to state specifics? The guy is like a rake...
Mickey Init Fair play to him for naming and shaming but if things are that bad now, surely going public will draw even more unwanted attention to himself for a while.

I've not been to any major events since Ajay took the reigns but as a bystander I respect his efforts to keep the momentum going for other people to enjoy what I once did.

Storm's always been quite sound whenever I've spoken to him but I hear nothing but bad press from other people. I hope Whizzkid doesn't have a similar facade because he's always come across as a decent guy who doesn't get involved with the politics or bitching.
arpz I've never heard anyone say a single bad word about whizzkid and he's been spot on every time I've spoken to him (admittedly it's not that many times but yeah).

I wanna read what Storm wrote in the first place but I got blocked from his page ages ago for telling him to stop slagging off someone that had asked him to sign something (or something like that, I don't recall)
Captain Triceps Storm seems to have fallen out with a couple of promoters this last week alone.
Mickey Init Can anyone expand on the drove one kid to suicide bit?
Elliott Scene conspiracies confirmed legit once again.

I find it's best to just assume the worst about everyone and eerything that goes on in hardcore and you'll probably be right.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Can anyone expand on the drove one kid to suicide bit?

From the comments, I think he's referring to MC Ricta. There was a memorial rave and stuff last year for him.
Samination I don't know if I should be friggin happy that MC Storm is getting his share due, or sad that someone icon like that was such a dirtbag.

Anyways, Ajay Pickering? More like Anal Bickering right. right?
trippnface BRING BACK SY
djDMS Shocking but not at all surprising
wong What was storms post then?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
What was storms post then?

"Let's play a game called guess who!?!?
Let's guess which ' promoter ' sent that to me last night!?!"

then a picture of a message saying:

"the flyers have been printed sort it out with them I don't care about this shitty pathetic scene anymore"

Followed by a lot of painfully typical illiterate replies.
Elipton I do feel like it's this old guard that's holding Hardcore down in a way. MC Storm has done a lot of stuff like this over the years and I've heard more stories than I ever should.

He is manipulative, and he knows he can get away with it. Promoters are the engine that drive the scene, but it's Storm that's the driver. If there's new blood that threaten Storm, Storm acts.

I feel that once Storm and some other old names leave the scene, we'll finally be able to bring new blood to the top and create some momentum.

It's no coincidence that every time a big name leaves the genre that no one ever seems to take their place or fill the void.
arpz I can't understand why he doesn't get ****ed off though - surely if people are aware of what he's doing they can just not book him.

It's hardly like anyone goes to the raves to see Storm...
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
I can't understand why he doesn't get ****ed off though - surely if people are aware of what he's doing they can just not book him.

He has too many allies that can weigh in on events and leverage him in. The amount of blackmail that must happen is worrying.
Captain Triceps At least in the 90s we had that illusion that everyone in the scene were mates.
dannothemanno89 The guys a twat, thought it for years esp after what he did to sy, saw it or somethin similar wrote here before once, sumin like ^the rot goes all the way to the top and starts with storm^ well true, get him out of the game and the rest will sort itself out.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I do feel like it's this old guard that's holding Hardcore down in a way. MC Storm has done a lot of stuff like this over the years and I've heard more stories than I ever should.

He is manipulative, and he knows he can get away with it. Promoters are the engine that drive the scene, but it's Storm that's the driver. If there's new blood that threaten Storm, Storm acts.

I feel that once Storm and some other old names leave the scene, we'll finally be able to bring new blood to the top and create some momentum.

It's no coincidence that every time a big name leaves the genre that no one ever seems to take their place or fill the void.

They do occasionally seem to let new people break through (like some of the newer FW/TWR artists) if you're prepared to get your knees dirty and act like a good, servile little peon.
skarr
quote:

Errrr, yes they do .
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
At least in the 90s we had that illusion that everyone in the scene were mates.

Good point. Promoters were in control back then. Things only started to go downhill when DJs/MCs/artists started setting up major events in the early 00s and featuring on their own lineups. That's when the boundaries became blurred and the hardcore scene became a pointless dick-measuring contest.
skarr No matter how much of a prick he is he will always get booked and be exremlery powerfull, because he has 1000's upon 1000s of fans and is one hell of a performer. And people do go to raves just because he is mcing. I went to totally ardcore In Bristol the other week and spoke to loads of people who were all saying they couldn't wait for storm to come on. And when he did come on he smashed the absolute living shit out of the place, people were going absolutely crazy just because he was on the stage, I'm not trying to defend his actions , just saying why he is and always will be one of, If not the most powerful person In the hardcore scene, I completely disagree with it but that's the way it is, for every person he upsets he has 5000 times more people that will have his back.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:

Errrr, yes they do .

What, really? You actually think that people wouldn't turn up if he wasn't on the line up? There are plenty of people capable of doing what he does.

edit: you just answered that question - I don't agree that it'd make any difference to the turn outs
skarr People do go to raves just to see him,( that's not my fault is it, im just telling it like it is) the same way people go to raves just to see anyone else, when he came off stage at totally ardcore people were literally fighting to get a photo with him,it was crazy, what was the last rave you went to?
skarr
quote:
People do go to raves just to see him,( that's not my fault is it, im just telling it like it is) the same way people go to raves just to see anyone else, when he came off stage at totally ardcore people were literally fighting to get a photo with him,it was crazy, what was the last rave you went to?

Elipton Skarr is correct
arpz The last I went to was a HAS night, prior to that was another HAS, probably Fusion before that, or another HAS. The last one I went to where he may conceivably have been booked would've been the NYE in Southampton but I don't recall if he was or not. But I see what you were going to try and get at, that I couldn't possibly know the impact he has on a crowd.

I fully understand that he 'hypes the crowd' etc and that people are happy to see him but I don't think for one minute that if he stopped appearing on the flyers that those events would suffer in any real way. There's plenty of guys MCing that are happy to pose for pictures, whilst also being actually decent people
skarr I'm not saying there's not though am I? I dislike the guy just as much as others I'm just saying why things are the way they are, he's a HUGE crowd puller and that's all there is to it.
arpz If there's actually a high number of people that wouldn't go to a rave because Storm wasn't on the lineup then this 'scene' is much more ****ed than I had previously imagined.

Fair enough.
skarr If he wasn't then he wouldn't get booked, fair enough mc 'friendly down to earth willing to pose for photos' maybe a nice bloke, but storm is storm and the reason he gets booked and others don't is because he is a master of his art, and he 'hypes the crowd' ? That's what an mc is supposed to do, I personally hate listening to any hardcore mc's, never listen to sets with mc's on, 99% of the mcing at ta was horrific, and I mean HORRIFIC ! I just find it hard to understand why people act surprised as to where storm is where he is, he's hardcore royalty and it's never going to change, ever.
latininxtc

In general I'm not a fan of MCs but for me Storm is one of the worst out there and although his presence at the HTID ITS I went to didn't bother me because I was hyped up to be there, looking back at some footage made me wonder what the fuck is wrong with all these people who enjoy such a loudmouth cunt rambling over the music?

Definitely lost what little respect I had, if any, for him because of rhe Sy drama. And when he was banned from HTID events, a ban that should have been permanent, that should have been a clear indication that he was a major problem to the scene and that something wasn't quite right with him.
Mickey Init Remember when he could no longer do that mouth-scratching but persisted with it, even though his attempt to salvage it was a bit embarrassing. Likewise when Gammer started scratching and used to practise during his live sets. What goes through these guys' minds?
skarr If the ban would have been permanent he probably would have ran the event into the ground, completely destroyed it, he's basically an evil dictator but it's always the evil dictators that are the ones with power and in charge in the world.....
arpz Still can't believe that he's that much of a draw but in lieu of anyone actually stating the issues that actually does know, I suppose it's the only explanation available.

I wish someone would actually state specifics instead of all the vague statements
Mickey Init
quote:
Still can't believe that he's that much of a draw but in lieu of anyone actually stating the issues that actually does know, I suppose it's the only explanation available.

I wish someone would actually state specifics instead of all the vague statements

Why oh why can't ya just accept it?
arpz
quote:
quote:
Still can't believe that he's that much of a draw but in lieu of anyone actually stating the issues that actually does know, I suppose it's the only explanation available.

Why oh why can't ya just accept it?

The awful thing is, I'll probably be shouting back at him come NYE. ****ing inebriation.
Bring Me Round To Love Crackhead in a vest, one day he well pick on the wrong person and loose what teeth he has left.
arpz https://www.facebook.com/Mc-Storm-shut-the-****-up-650065375040740/?fref=ts
Elliott
quote:
Remember when he could no longer do that mouth-scratching but persisted with it, even though his attempt to salvage it was a bit embarrassing. Likewise when Gammer started scratching and used to practise during his live sets. What goes through these guys' minds?

They're the made men of hardcore. Why should they give a shit?
_Jay_

Crumbs.

AJay was committed as fcuk. I don't know how many, and who the other guys at HTID are, but I hope someone has the drive to replace him, and continue the revivification of the HTID brand (which in turn had an enormously positive effect on Hardcore in general).

Cyrax It's the grammar that suffers the most in these deliberations.
Claxton While what Skarr is saying is true to an extent, of all promoters came together and decided not to book him, it wouldn't have any effect on the numbers through the doors at all. Yes people love to see him, but not to the extent they wouldn't attend a rave if he wasn't there.

The guy is a poison, a virus which is deeply embedded into the scene. Things like this will help open people's eyes and hopefully oust him altogether. People just don't understand the impact this guy has on the scene and the decisions he makes. He has manipulated line ups for years and ensured his pals and favourites get the best bookings and set times I don't really want to talk about the Ricta situation and Ajay probably shouldn't have said it, but the things Storm did were vile.
djDMS Yet there's still a ton of people queueing up to lick his arse because 'he's a ledgend' etc etc.

Sadly, it's these people who only care about their next Rave, and not the scene as a whole.
djDMS Oh....and you'll be getting the call soon, Ben.

Bye bye DJ'ing career.....
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Oh....and you'll be getting the call soon, Ben.

I'm not going for the obvious joke here, I'm going to let someone else take this one.

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Oh....and you'll be getting the call soon, Ben.

I'm not going for the obvious joke here, I'm going to let someone else take this one.

Shit! I had a tenner on it being you
SmashingTheSirens For all you MC Storm haters, personally I'm not one of them, but there are a few promoters out there who are not keen on him. Paul Grant, who runs Hyperbolic, put a poll up on which artists people would like to see on the next line up and MC Storm was a suggestion and he straight up said that it won't happen as he doesn't get along Storm. Never effects his events though. Must of been a recent thing though as Storm was a Hyperbolic original and played right up to events in 2012. So there are people who will say it as it is and if they don't like him they won't book him. Here's the post...

https://m.facebook.com/questions.php?question_id=10154014110607475

It's in the replies to first comment

I take it you lot on here are looking forward to Prime Time Players new stuff, this collaboration of Storm, Klubfiller, Joey Riot and some other chap? Apparently it's to push hardcore boundaries like never before!
arpz I don't really like it when there's a group of people identifying themselves as 'the best'. It comes across as arrogant (funnily enough) and will no doubt result in music attesting to the same

Obviously they can do what they want but I don't really see the point of these cliques that turn up from time to time.
djDMS Looking forward to the next big Hardcore supergroup.

We are a squad of massive legends who have been Hardcore since day one. We might not produce much now and are desperately trying to be big in other genres without much success, but we still love Hardcore - and most importantly you, the small people. Because our appeal is dwindling massively, we have teamed up to bring you something you have never seen before (since last time).

'The scene controllers', coming to a Rave near you soon....whether you like it or not!
ConnerIntenzifi Not read through all the comments but ajays statement is total nonsense. Htid has been sold and he got let go and clearly won't go quietly. He tried to make himself a name slating all the established guys in the background hence why 90% if scene don't like him. He's an utter **** of a guy granted he probably was decent with a few so they won't have seen the snakey snide to him.

All about pushing new talent he said am guessing that's why he had prime time slots at every Htid event since he started managing the brand, oh wait no one had heard of this guy until then. I know personally a few people that he pissed off. We all know storm can be a massive **** but in this situation I think ajay has tried to go out with a bang and play the victim card.

Hopefully this will be the start of Htid returning to be the major force it was.
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Not read through all the comments but ajays statement is total nonsense. Htid has been sold and he got let go and clearly won't go quietly. He tried to make himself a name slating all the established guys in the background hence why 90% if scene don't like him. He's an utter **** of a guy granted he probably was decent with a few so they won't have seen the snakey snide to him.

All about pushing new talent he said am guessing that's why he had prime time slots at every Htid event since he started managing the brand, oh wait no one had heard of this guy until then. I know personally a few people that he pissed off. We all know storm can be a massive **** but in this situation I think ajay has tried to go out with a bang and play the victim card.

Hopefully this will be the start of Htid returning to be the major force it was.

interesting stuff to read at work, there are always two sides to every story, I'll always be grateful to Ajay for the fact he gave Freeform some exposure in his tenure.

Claxton
quote:
Not read through all the comments but ajays statement is total nonsense. Htid has been sold and he got let go and clearly won't go quietly. He tried to make himself a name slating all the established guys in the background hence why 90% if scene don't like him. He's an utter **** of a guy granted he probably was decent with a few so they won't have seen the snakey snide to him.

You usually talk a lot of sense, but I disagree with pretty much everything in that post.

Ajay has been the only major promoter responsible for pushing the right new talent through and giving the hard working talent the chance they deserve. He's shaken up the old guard and upset the applecart. This is something which clearly needed to happen.

I know, let's just sleepwalk into obscurity like we have been doing for the last 7 years. Hardcore's dying! People need to wake up and smell the coffee. The same people are responsible for this. They won't let anyone else in and want to protect their status and power in what is a dwindling car crash of a scene.

The part of your post which I do find interesting is that you say HTID has been sold. I didn't know this. Do you have any other information regarding this?

Elipton
quote:

Well credible or not, his opinion is simply an echo of what is already pretty well established. The people within HTID seem to have this opinion in common.
djDMS
quote:
[b]Hardcore's dying!

Don't be ridiculous!

There are loads of events every week.

...In the back rooms of pubs selling 15 tickets, losing promoters loads of money because they feel forced to book big names in order to have a successful night.

Personally, I couldn't give a shit about either of the parties involved. Nothing against either of them personally because I don't interact with, or follow them.

What I do care about though, is the apparent need for drama.Being a 'big name' means precisely shit all to everyone outside Hardcore but these people parade round like they're a cross between a King and the second coming of Christ.No mate, you're a normal bloke that got lucky.

In a small scene which has some brilliant people, producers, DJ's and ravers - WE deserve better.
robertybob I think it's a shame that people go to raves for the MCs, not the music. How many other scenes does this happen in?

ConnerIntenzifi Well as I said other folk will have a different opinion of him as they haven't seen or heard from this side of the fence. He had control of the biggest Hardcore brand in the world and things could have been so much different but he messed it up. All good pushing new talent and shaking things up but if you knew what things he was saying and to who and his manner once being given control you would maybe understand what I'm saying. And do you not think this other new talent were worthy of the prime time slots he was giving himself as they have been trying to push on in the scene for a while rather than popping out of nowhere.

I'm not going to disclose what I know regarding Htid being sold hopefully once this nonsense dies down it will be announced but its someone with a solid background in Hardcore outwith the UK.

To be fair the Hardcore scene is picking up I have seen a surge in numbers in Scotland compared to last few years, a lot of newer younger faces. Next year will make it or break it as we can keep saying next year will be the year forever!
arpz Always the same arguments - 'you dont know whats happened so you can't make a comment'

What we do know is that Storm acts like a complete bellend 95% of the time and throws tantrums left and right, while Ajay has mostly continued to run a fairly sane seeming ship.

Samination
quote:
To be fair the Hardcore scene is picking up I have seen a surge in numbers in Scotland compared to last few years, a lot of newer younger faces. Next year will make it or break it as we can keep saying next year will be the year forever!

And that seems to be thanks to DJ Rankin. Seriously, this scene should die like a phoenix again and (hopefully) revive even stronger.
ConnerIntenzifi
quote:
Always the same arguments - 'you dont know whats happened so you can't make a comment'

What we do know is that Storm acts like a complete bellend 95% of the time and throws tantrums left and right, while Ajay has mostly continued to run a fairly sane seeming ship.

Nah that's not what I meant at all. As I said other people will have a different opinion of him as they haven't seen what he's like behind the scenes so that's totally fine and can comment as they please. Put it this way there was established names refusing to play whilst he was there and it was probably going to end up all new names which wouldn't be a bad thing if events done well with such line ups but they don't. And I'm not defending storm a have booked him countless times I get on well with him but I know how much of a cock he can be on this occasion though ajays farewell statement is just trying to cause bother because he's been given the boot.

Dj rankin doesn't play at any Hardcore events in Scotland. There's an event with all the pcdjs from back in the day which actually does well. But the actual UKCore events are picking up I've promoted for over 8 years with many up and downs and the trend has turned for the good with a run of events doing well and numbers creeping up everytime. It is hard to book the new guys in the scene here as nobody takes notice of them until their getting a run at the major events.

As I said this is my opinion on what I know etc.. Feel free to disagree!
Mickey Init
quote:
Put it this way there was established names refusing to play whilst he was there and it was probably going to end up all new names which wouldn't be a bad thing if events done well with such line ups but they don't.

I thought this was the point of the thread... the old boys' club watching out for each other.
Claxton I can't think of anyone of significance who wasn't in Magaluf. Which artists weren't there? Or has there been refusal to play since then? When he came into HTID there was an insane rift between parties. From the outside it appeared as though Ajay was the one to heal these divisions. Not sure how it could have been any different?

Hardcore always seems to revert back to type. Two many people scared of the names. Half of the big boys are now irrelevant in terms of musical output anyway. They're living off rep. It seemed to me as though Ajay became wise to this.

I don't think DS, Breeze, Hixxy, Sy, Squad-E, Storm need to be booked anymore. I don't think they particularly add anything or are relevant. Obviously DS is relevant but isn't worth the finance.

Promoters are as guilty as anyone too. Some still book these names and clearly think we still live in 2008.

ConnerIntenzifi
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I can't think of anyone of significance who wasn't in Magaluf. Which artists weren't there? Or has there been refusal to play since then? When he came into HTID there was an insane rift between parties. From the outside it appeared as though Ajay was the one to heal these divisions. Not sure how it could have been any different?

Hardcore always seems to revert back to type. Two many people scared of the names. Half of the big boys are now irrelevant in terms of musical output anyway. They're living off rep. It seemed to me as though Ajay became wise to this.

I don't think DS, Breeze, Hixxy, Sy, Squad-E, Storm need to be booked anymore. I don't think they particularly add anything or are relevant. Obviously DS is relevant but isn't worth the finance.

Promoters are as guilty as anyone too. Some still book these names and clearly think we still live in 2008.

Well I thought good things were going to happen as well, having attended Htid since 2006 through the glory days I was looking forward to what was coming.

You'd be surprised at who punters want to see, in Scotland the majority only want these names so keeping it fresh is really tough. Ds is the only name in Hardcore that I can say will make you his fee back 2/3 times over. That's speaking from experience of having him here once a year for past 4 years.

This will die down and we will move on standard rave drama. Here's hoping it will get turned around, Htid used to be the pinnacle of the rave scene and its lost it so fingers crossed it the new team behind it can resurrect it.
Claxton When are these people going to stop getting a free ride (and paid handsomely for it) despite not offering anything to the current scene or future scene?

I don't see anyone who is arsed about the scene beyond what it gives them. Therefore we should stop paying their mortgages.

Right now, I don't see anyone taking responsibility for the future of the genre. I obviously don't include HU in this dig who are trying to do it with two hands tied behind their back and a bag over their head.
wong has hixxy bought it back?
djDMS
quote:
has hixxy bought it back?

Yep.

Next event 2031
ConnerIntenzifi
quote:

No someone outwith the UK has bought it. Solid Hardcore background actually whether they continue here with all the crap that goes with it remains to be seen but we shall see.

I wish we had more new names making it big so I could have fresh line ups that pulled a crowd every event. Most promoters do events because they love the music and have a passion it's definitely not for the money as theres absolute zilch to be made.

Alongside the new HH album there's word of another major one coming out so things could still be looking up once the latest soap opera is done with.
Mickey Init I hope this doesn't spell the end of artist name logos on flyers!
Elliott Threads like this are why I love HH.com (no sarcasm).

Serious, intelligent commentary on the hardcore scene.

Without this place, we'd just have Soundcloud (yikes) and Facebook (yikes doesn't cover it).
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Threads like this are why I love HH.com (no sarcasm).

Serious, intelligent commentary on the hardcore scene.

Without this place, we'd just have Soundcloud (yikes) and Facebook (yikes doesn't cover it).

Fcuk da haterz, ur a ledgend m8
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

And that seems to be thanks to DJ Rankin. Seriously, this scene should die like a phoenix again and (hopefully) revive even stronger.

Good contribution, Sam.
dannothemanno89
quote:
It's the grammar that suffers the most in these deliberations.

Damn straight, I know I'm not the best at spelling some times but just saw this on 1 of the few status that are about,,,

the thing wiv storm is is that hes been in the scene since it started and he wikk b there imtil ut dues out (which wont happen) hes entertained us for years and is ahead iv ncs in the fact hes orobz the inly one who can spit 128 bsrs not 32 bars tbh i think hes jealous cuz he diesnt win the awards like he used ta and hes seein all these new mcs winnin em do he decides ta ruin their careers i was gobsmacked when he did wot he did ta sy that was outta order storm is a legend but hes a legend for a reason and in a different year hes old now and needs ta retire tbh

What fukkin language is that sposed to be in ha ha
Captain Triceps It is painful to read, it really is. I just can't take an argument or point seriously if they spell like that. How can it possibly be easier to type?
Mickey Init
quote:
It is painful to read, it really is. I just can't take an argument or point seriously if they spell like that. How can it possibly be easier to type?

How else can I say it I don't speak no other languages. So buckle up, cos it's gonna get bumpy... bumpy... bumpy

dannothemanno89 Seriously though damage limitation needs to be done, every single big promoter or event or whatever ALL need to say right that's the lot we're flat out not booking him no more, if that would happen that'd be it solved, won't happen though as he's clearly all is with keyes and poison dwarf slemmen, funny how everyone used to take piss outa keyes a few years ago before he was anyone handing his demos out at raves, and now most of them piss takers are in his arse.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
For all you MC Storm haters, personally I'm not one of them, but there are a few promoters out there who are not keen on him. Paul Grant, who runs Hyperbolic, put a poll up on which artists people would like to see on the next line up and MC Storm was a suggestion and he straight up said that it won't happen as he doesn't get along Storm. Never effects his events though. Must of been a recent thing though as Storm was a Hyperbolic original and played right up to events in 2012. So there are people who will say it as it is and if they don't like him they won't book him. Here's the post...

I take it you lot on here are looking forward to Prime Time Players new stuff, this collaboration of Storm, Klubfiller, Joey Riot and some other chap? Apparently it's to push hardcore boundaries like never before!

The saddest part about that whole list is none of those waste of skins nominated Fracus and Darwin.
SmashingTheSirens They have probably never heard of them! Well at least someone totally different, Darren Styles, topped the vote! So that tells you what you already know and who the masses want to see. Don't think Ajay was on the list!
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
For all you MC Storm haters, personally I'm not one of them, but there are a few promoters out there who are not keen on him. Paul Grant, who runs Hyperbolic, put a poll up on which artists people would like to see on the next line up and MC Storm was a suggestion and he straight up said that it won't happen as he doesn't get along Storm. Never effects his events though. Must of been a recent thing though as Storm was a Hyperbolic original and played right up to events in 2012. So there are people who will say it as it is and if they don't like him they won't book him. Here's the post...

The saddest part about that whole list is none of those waste of akins nominated Fracus and Darwin.

At least we wrapped the HH album before I saw it. Not sure I would have bothered, if I'd seen that first. Honestly, ffs. Lol.

CDJay
Captain Triceps Ah, what do they know. Vote for the names they know first and then their mates.
CDJay Promoters actually listen, though. It's a horrendous chicken and egg scenario that none of the now eversafe names had to deal with.

I honestly don't know what more can be done, or what chance any new talent henceforth can have. *sighs*

CDJay
Mickey Init
quote:
quote:
It is painful to read, it really is. I just can't take an argument or point seriously if they spell like that. How can it possibly be easier to type?

How else can I say it I don't speak no other languages. So buckle up, cos it's gonna get bumpy... bumpy... bumpy

Excuse me. Whilst quite early in the night, I was terribly smashed and was going hard on the EVOs. That succession of B sides round about that time were incredible
skarr Hixxy or ajay never 'owned' htid, they were just event managers, from what I can remember the people that own htid are the same people that own garage nation and 1 or 2 other big raves, stu woods stood up to storm publicly, kiss goodbye to everything you have worked hard for stu, you will dissappear into the mist now, mc storm is the Kim Jong Il of hardcore music.
skarr Come to think of it he didn't even stand up to him, he just almost dared to try to question him publicly, DICTATORSHIP!!!
wong sidewinder
skarr
quote:
While what Skarr is saying is true to an extent, of all promoters came together and decided not to book him,

Never ever going to happen ever...... ever ever ever...... he's best friends with keyes, THE BIGGEST UK hardcore promoter in the world, BY A ****IN LONG SHOT, and he smashes the absolute shit out of every rave he gets booked at, which is what he's paid to do, he's the international president, the eternal ruler, the absolute king of the hardcore scene, you think you can fight the power,? Try it and see what happens, he's basically an STD you will never, never get rid of.
skarr Even Fracus n darwin/ hu have bowed down to keyes, the ****in 'rogue squad' for ****s sake, embarrassing to admit you listen to hardcore when you see shit like that on a flyer.
skarr Maybe that's why West fest minimised the UK hardcore in the main arena, because they didn't want half the line-up to look like a ****ing wrestling match.
skarr
quote:
sidewinder

My sincerest apologies for getting my garage raves mixed up, but cheers for the correction mate, lol.
skarr Who's been booked for hu birthday rave? Oh it's keyes , is that because of his deep meaningful interact lyrics and perfection of timing that almost rivals early 90's gangster rappers? Or is it because If you don't kiss his arse it's all over for you?
djDMS Somebody has had too much fizzy pop tonight
Mickey Init
quote:
Never ever going to happen ever...... ever ever ever...... he's best friends with keyes, THE BIGGEST UK hardcore promoter in the world, BY A ****IN LONG SHOT, and he smashes the absolute shit out of every rave he gets booked at, which is what he's paid to do, he's the international president, the eternal ruler, the absolute king of the hardcore scene, you think you can fight the power,? Try it and see what happens, he's basically an STD you will never, never get rid of.

I'm beginning to think skarr is actually Keyes doing a DJ Impact. It became a little too desperate a little too quickly.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

Excuse me. Whilst quite early in the night, I was terribly smashed and was going hard on the EVOs. That succession of B sides round about that time were incredible

Things Guest might say?

I haven't read the rest of the topic.
skarr
quote:
quote:

I'm beginning to think skarr is actually Keyes doing a DJ Impact. It became a little too desperate a little too quickly.

What's did dj impact do? He was one of my favourite producers.
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's did dj impact do? He was one of my favourite producers.

Yeah, I wanna hear the backstory on this one as well.
Mickey Init
quote:
He was one of my favourite producers.

Who else makes the shortlist?
Mickey Init
quote:
Yeah, I wanna hear the backstory on this one as well.

Haha, you know more about it than me.

skarr
quote:
quote:
He was one of my favourite producers.

Who else makes the shortlist?

Thank you for asking Mickey , obviously the rogue squad, as they bunn up the darnce relentlessly, but my all time favourite producer? Ham, nobody else comes anywhere near.
skarr How do I post a picture to prove everything I'm saying?
skarr Is it possible to post a screen shot on here? All my points will be proven.......
arpz Upload it to imgur.com and then copy the link

lol
arpz can't even work out what you're supposed to be proving
skarr **** that , that sounds longer than a Thumpa retirement statement, and more tenuous.
arpz Guess we'll have to miss out then
skarr If I could just post 1 pic it would prove just how false the whole UK hardcore scene/ heirachy is, but obviously this is a hardcore site so it's not gonna be that straight forward is it
arpz You have to post the picture to some kind of site, imgur.com is probably the most simple. Just do it, you've spent more time moaning about it than it'd take
skarr I just signed up to imgur how the fuc do I post a picture?
arpz lol you don't need to sign up, but you click on 'New post'
skarr Look how genuinely happy everyone looks in this http://m.imgur.com/FJBGRx7
skarr Even squad e has liked the pic so that's how you know it's real.
arpz hahah well that's it then, nice one lol
skarr UK hardcore!!!!!!!! http://m.imgur.com/hhBVdMi
arpz Not sure what point you're making with this...
skarr Just talking shit basically......
Mickey Init Darren Styles with his backpack, ha. Bet he's got a pack-up in there.
arpz I was hoping for something that was going to blow the door off and leave us all gobsmacked :/
djDMS Well that explains everything!
Samination Keyes looks like he's photoshopped in. same ****ing face pose hahaha.
Samination
quote:
UK hardcore!!!!!!!! http://m.imgur.com/hhBVdMi

Just like the comment in the picture, Gammer's fed off with hardcore, but it pays him (more than Ham)
Elipton Gammer looks like an iced gem in that picture.
The drunken scotsman Why does Keyes always do that weird pose in photos? Like an ugly bitch trying her best to look sexy for the camera.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Why does Keyes always do that weird pose in photos? Like an ugly bitch trying her best to look sexy for the camera.

hahahahaha
Captain Triceps Why is Gammer doing that? Is he genuinely unhappy or is he trying to look cool or what?
Give us a smile, son!
dannothemanno89 I didn't go Westfest but know a few who did, word on fb is that storm got started on at the merch stand, o dear, ha ha ha ha
arpz https://www.facebook.com/events/272760126444999/permalink/408441356210208/

^ this thread has all that stuff. Quite a few people saying some pretty extreme shit but the overall consensus is that he's a knob that needs to be stopped lol
Samination It's one thing that the guy who tried to pick a fight with Storm was the bigger dick, but the ones (half-)defending Storm by sayins "his daughter was there. bad form!" should just stop. She's a adult woman ffs.
Mickey Init Hasn't he been knocked out on stage before? I overheard at an event once that he got attacked during a set in Liverpool of all places. Never seen anything on it, though.
Captain Triceps
quote:
he's a knob that needs to be stopped

It's like the tag line to a ridiculous sci-fi porn film.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

haha! The crotch wrath of the Storm ;) I get on with the fella. I can't say that used to always be the case, just my brother caused me a lot of problems back in the day, and Storm came down on me like a ton of bricks for it. Understandable really. Storm just wants people to have a clean sheet when he deals with them. If you don't, then you best keep your distance! lol x
DJ Sketchy Also if you want to get on with Storm... Don't slag him off! I was surrounded by people slagging him off back in the day, and I didn't say a word. Out of both respect and FEAR HAHA. I bet those same people would have gone running to Storm to tell him if I said something too... The thing is, Storm keeps his ear VERY close to the ground, and he knows lots about what's going on and what's being said. Just treat him with respect! If you have problems with him, just don't worry, that will dissipate with time! I am living proof of that :)
The drunken scotsman I don't think anyone on here is particularly arsed about being mates with storm. Why would they be?
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
Also if you want to get on with Storm... Don't slag him off! I was surrounded by people slagging him off back in the day, and I didn't say a word. Out of both respect and FEAR HAHA. I bet those same people would have gone running to Storm to tell him if I said something too... The thing is, Storm keeps his ear VERY close to the ground, and he knows lots about what's going on and what's being said. Just treat him with respect! If you have problems with him, just don't worry, that will dissipate with time! I am living proof of that :)

lmao
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I don't think anyone on here is particularly arsed about being mates with storm. Why would they be?

Each to their own... Just a word of advice to people trying to break through. Or to people who have broken through ;)
arpz shit... I know this probably sounds a bit mental but when I left the house this morning there was a car parked opposite that I've never seen before... surely not? :/
DJ Sketchy The thing is, Storm is, and always will be, a powerful force in the Hardcore scene. There's no moving him! He isn't ever gonna slip up personally either... He has a powerful voice and he isn't afraid to use it! Even to the detriment of his own career! If he thinks something is wrong, he will say so, PUBLICLY! Simple as that.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
shit... I know this probably sounds a bit mental but when I left the house this morning there was a car parked opposite that I've never seen before... surely not? :/

DUN, DUN, DUNNNNN haha. It's Halloween!!!
Elliott What have we become?

Sitting around like little bitches getting catty about Facebook pictures.

It's time to man the **** up again and start whining about MCs and hardcore and stuff.

Edit: Gammer does have a long face though, doesn't he? Let's be honest.
Cyrax
quote:
What have we become?

Sitting around like little bitches getting catty about Facebook pictures.

I find it kills about 30 minutes of work time thank you very much!
_Jay_
quote:
quote:

LOL

Elipton Storm has told producers to remove chunks of vocals from tracks to allow him to MC over more sections.

The bloke is a knob, irrespective of where you are in the scene. The sooner he departs (or gets departed), the better.

The divisions he alone has made the last 4 or 5 years have damaged Hardcore far more than his career efforts have helped it to succeed. It's a matter of time before promoters band up with a common opinion and omit him from events.

It's certainly happened a few times with Sy being chosen under popular demand.
arpz I doubt it'll actually happen, but agree that it would be good
Samination
quote:
The thing is, Storm is, and always will be, a powerful force in the Hardcore scene. There's no moving him! He isn't ever gonna slip up personally either... He has a powerful voice and he isn't afraid to use it! Even to the detriment of his own career! If he thinks something is wrong, he will say so, PUBLICLY! Simple as that.

never slip up? So making the Sy incident 4 to 4000 times worse than it actually was, and people call out that Storm was even worse to girls before himself?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
The thing is, Storm is, and always will be, a powerful force in the Hardcore scene. There's no moving him! He isn't ever gonna slip up personally either... He has a powerful voice and he isn't afraid to use it! Even to the detriment of his own career! If he thinks something is wrong, he will say so, PUBLICLY! Simple as that.

never slip up? So making the Sy incident 4 to 4000 times worse than it actually was, and people call out that Storm was even worse to girls before himself?

I need to tread carefully here, as I get along well with Sy too. Sy slipped up, Storm hammered him down for it. That was one of Storm's best mates too! It all got way too messy for me to want to get too deeply involved with. Just it displays what I said earlier, you need to keep a clean sheet around Storm!
Samination good thing i only go to smaller club raves then :p
DJ Sketchy
quote:
good thing i only go to smaller club raves then :p

I doubt he'd be hammering down certain individuals, when there's lots of individuals having a negative word. He will power forward I'm sure.
Elipton You talk about Storm as though he'said a governing force. Don't take too much offense, as I'm only going off of the few posts you've made, but you need to grow a spine and form your own opinions.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
You talk about Storm as though he'said a governing force. Don't take too much offense, as I'm only going off of the few posts you've made, but you need to grow a spine and form your own opinions.

You winding me up? There's a thing called respect and knowing when to keep your trap shut.
The drunken scotsman What has storm done to deserve any respect?
arpz to be honest, you are coming across as a bit of a wetty - why should you respect someone who you think is acting unreasonably?
DJ Sketchy Also you're a bit ****ing pie eyed if you don't think that Storm is a governing force. Look at what he did to Sy's career!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
to be honest, you are coming across as a bit of a wetty - why should you respect someone who you think is acting unreasonably?

I've known Storm and Sy for about 15 years. I'm not gonna suddenly start hating on Storm over politics. Same with Sy.
arpz No one is asking you to start hating on him but you're basically saying that you will/have kiss(ed) the required arse in order to better your career.

And you acknowledge what he 'did to Sy's career', one of your mates of 15 years, **** being one of your enemies!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
No one is asking you to start hating on him but you're basically saying that you will/have kiss(ed) the required arse in order to better your career.

And you acknowledge what he 'did to Sy's career', one of your mates of 15 years, **** being one of your enemies!

Word it how you want. Life's too short to intentionally go outside and make enemies!
Elipton Goes to show, play by their rules and brown nose them enough, you go far... but never as far as them...
Claxton This thread is hilarious. Sketchy, are you a troll or are you living proof of how Storm manipulates and controls people in this scene?

And people on this forum call me a lick arse...

You might as well say: "Storm knows my address and the names of my children. Please don't tell him I think he might be a bad person or he will ruin my very existence."

He's a bloody chav for Christ sake.
Elliott Forum veterans are just getting bored and creating their own troll accounts now imo.
latininxtc
quote:

Weren't you a diehard Storm supporter until recently, like a few days ago? Either that or I'm confusing you with someone else, or confusing Storm with an equally obnoxious DJ or MC that the majority but you loathe lol
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Goes to show, play by their rules and brown nose them enough, you go far... but never as far as them...

I take offence that what you think I'm doing is brown nosing. I'm just keeping the peace.
fakka13k Having read all your posts in this thread........You are deffinately a brown nose.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
Having read all your posts in this thread........You are deffinately a brown nose.

WTF? Some of you guys are deluded. I've treated everyone I've met in the scene respectfully and as mates. I just don't act like a dick and start slagging those same people off as soon as their back's turned.
Cyrax
quote:
This thread is hilarious. Sketchy, are you a troll or are you living proof of how Storm manipulates and controls people in this scene?

I think he's real, i'm friends with him on facebook

quote:

they don't just call you that!

Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
No one is asking you to start hating on him but you're basically saying that you will/have kiss(ed) the required arse in order to better your career.

Word it how you want. Life's too short to intentionally go outside and make enemies!

What career? Never heard of this guy.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
quote:

What career? Never heard of this guy.

based on discogs, he's made one track with Deejaybee
djDMS No, he's definitely done more - but the details are Sketchy ;-)

Sketchy.

I reckon people are having a go because you're making it look like you'd support 'bad' people to look after yourself rather than challenge them.

It's the 'it doesn't affect me so I'll keep out of it' type of situation. Which is OK, but when there are tons of other people doing the same, we end up with exactly the situation we're in now - people speaking up get shot down (or worse) and it's too late to change anything. Which in turn, gives those with power even more.
dannothemanno89 Best thing that should have happened to storm at Westfest would have been for him to be forcibly chucked into the moodiest looking part of the crowd in the dnb arena lmao
skarr He's not a governing force, he is THE governing force, and anyone that thinks every promoter is going to meet up, sit round a big table and talk about what a twat he is and then all decide to never book him again is deluded.
dannothemanno89
quote:
He's not a governing force, he is THE governing force, and anyone that thinks every promoter is going to meet up, sit round a big table and talk about what a twat he is and then all decide to never book him again is deluded.

No, he's an MC who let's face it isn't even that good any more compared to the calibre of MCs coming through these days, yeah he's been around years which does count for something, but time served in the scene (or for armed robbery if you believe the tales from way back) does not make him any kind of God, it makes him an ageing and frankly past it performer who's living off his relevance and talent of 10+ years ago, with a superiority complex, a shit attitude, and an ego the size of a small country, which is exactly what he is.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
No, he's definitely done more - but the details are Sketchy ;-)

Sketchy.

I reckon people are having a go because you're making it look like you'd support 'bad' people to look after yourself rather than challenge them.

It's the 'it doesn't affect me so I'll keep out of it' type of situation. Which is OK, but when there are tons of other people doing the same, we end up with exactly the situation we're in now - people speaking up get shot down (or worse) and it's too late to change anything. Which in turn, gives those with power even more.

I've written New Essential Platinum 1 with Dougal and my brother DJ Compulsion & I wrote with Gammer too (The Gammer track was un-released). I had a remix of Breeze's 'Let's Fly' with DeeJayBee on Clubland X-Treme Hardcore. I've DJ'd for Slammin Vinyl's United Dance Brand with DJ Compulsion and solo for Ministry of Sound among others including my 10 year Lakota residency.

Yeah I understand what you're saying DMS. I had to protect myself in a world of negativity. The best way I found being, KEEP IT SHUT haha ;)
Hard2Get Dance U Got The Chance is one of the best releases on Essential Platinum 2002.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Dance U Got The Chance is one of the best releases on Essential Platinum 2002.

Thanks! :) It's called Dougal meets Sketchy & Compulsion, as he literally met us at Lakota, watched us mix (as he was on after us). Then said "Right, 2001 in my studio!" :)
DJ Sketchy We (me & Paul DJ Compulsion) almost wrote with Breeze & Styles too! Just we didn't jump on the open window soon enough. Then Breeze & Styles got HUGE LOL! I DJ'd with Compulsion at Hixxy's first ever HTID night @ Enzos too :)
arpz Any chance of you two doing anything else in the future then?
Mickey Init I know this belongs in the track ID section but whilst we're talking about this era of Dougal/EP can anyone tell me what the first tune of this set is is, please?

https://youtu.be/VBfkEQlt3rE

I've wanted to know for years but never had time to rip the tape and upload it myself. What's funny is I've never found this set on YouTube before (to ask) but a quick search today - prompted by the mention of Dougal/EP - proved fruitful.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Any chance of you two doing anything else in the future then?

Hopefully! Just I'm going more solo at the moment. I'm trying to get Paul DJ Compulsion to write a track with me on the new DJ Sketchy album I'm currently in the process of writing though!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
You might as well say: "Storm knows my address and the names of my children. Please don't tell him I think he might be a bad person or he will ruin my very existence."

Unless there is something between me and Storm, I see everything external as something which isn't any of my business. I did however feel that he deserved some defence, as does just about everyone. What's my opinion? Well I've said clearly my personal feelings are to keep my mouth shut. However, that's not how Storm operates. Each to their own!
skarr
quote:
Originally posted by dannothemanno89:
quote:
He's not a governing force, he is THE governing force, and anyone that thinks every promoter is going to meet up, sit round a big table and talk about what a twat he is and then all decide to never book him again is deluded.

No, he's an MC who let's face it isn't even that good any more compared to the calibre of MCs coming through these days, yeah he's been around years which does count for something, but time served in the scene (or for armed robbery if you believe the tales from way back) does not make him any kind of God, it makes him an ageing and frankly past it performer who's living off his relevance and talent of 10+ years ago, with a superiority complex, a shit attitude, and an ego the size of a small country, which is exactly what he is.

I'm not saying he's a good mc? .... I'm saying he's in charge of the hardcore scene, which is , doesn't matter how shit he is, if he doesn't like an event he'll run it into the ground, if he doesn't like a person he'll run them out of the scene, just like he just did with ajay, I dislike him just as much as anyone else but there's absolutely no denying what he says goes.
Hard2Get
quote:
I know this belongs in the track ID section but whilst we're talking about this era of Dougal/EP can anyone tell me what the first tune of this set is is, please?

https://youtu.be/VBfkEQlt3rE

I've wanted to know for years but never had time to rip the tape and upload it myself. What's funny is I've never found this set on YouTube before (to ask) but a quick search today - prompted by the mention of Dougal/EP - proved fruitful.

Don't know the tune but its blatantly Hixxy/UFO.
Mickey Init
quote:
Don't know the tune but its blatantly Hixxy/UFO.

Cheers mate. It's probably the original (?unreleased) version of this...

https://www.trackitdown.net/artist/293589/hixxy-and-menis.html
DJ Sketchy Also I just want a mention for DJ Sy here, as he's a good bloke who has really suffered in the face of a mistake. I feel he just needs to pay some dues. Then hopefully we will see him on all the big lineups again :)
arpz How exactly do you propose that he 'pays his dues'?

You talk a fair bit of nonsense mate lol
DJ Sketchy
quote:
How exactly do you propose that he 'pays his dues'?

Just he made a mistake, which unfortunately reached the sights of the old bill. I blame all those granny sites made famous on his message boards haha. Just a shame that he looked at something which got him clobbered. Could easily happen to others I'm sure. I just hope that after a bit of time 'paying some dues' he can make a proper comeback. Maybe a Quosh resurgence with DJ Chris Unknown?! Who knows what the future has in store for us! He's done his 'time' at the cost of his career, that's for certain.
Samination
quote:
I've written New Essential Platinum 1 with Dougal and my brother DJ Compulsion & I wrote with Gammer too (The Gammer track was un-released).

Maybe you could tell us why Gammer & Compulsion's The Beat doesnt seem to exist. I have it and I can't remember where I got it :( (I believe Compulsion had it upo on his website before it went down).
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
I've written New Essential Platinum 1 with Dougal and my brother DJ Compulsion & I wrote with Gammer too (The Gammer track was un-released).

Maybe you could tell us why Gammer & Compulsion's The Beat doesnt seem to exist. I have it and I can't remember where I got it :( (I believe Compulsion had it upo on his website before it went down).

I wrote that track with Gammer too! haha my brother Compulsion had a habit of omitting me from things... We we wrote 2 tracks with Gammer, both unreleased. We were Essential Platinum boys, and the 2 tracks weren't quite the EP sound. A BIG shame really. As both tracks were banging!
arpz lol, I just find the whole thing ridiculous. You've built up this image of Storm sat upon his throne made out of crackrocks with various top tier DJ's popping round to offer tributes and gifts :D
Samination Yea, the Beat really deserves more attention. Real good freeform banger. Could've easily been released on Relentless Vinyl like Gammer's other freeform efforts

Here's a sample of it https://youtu.be/UpBMC0S2YYA?t=45m1s
Samination double post? double post!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Yea, the Beat really deserves more attention. Real good freeform banger. Could've easily been released on Relentless Vinyl like Gammer's other freeform efforts

Just listening to the rest of your mix! Banging mate!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Yea, the Beat really deserves more attention. Real good freeform banger. Could've easily been released on Relentless Vinyl like Gammer's other freeform efforts

This is the 2nd track me & Compulsion wrote with Gammer, this one including MC Rizla Dizla!

https://soundcloud.com/rizladizla/gammer-sketchy-compulsion-feat-rizladizla-suicide-in-broxbourne-unreleased
DJ Sketchy Oops double post!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
lol, I just find the whole thing ridiculous. You've built up this image of Storm sat upon his throne made out of crackrocks with various top tier DJ's popping round to offer tributes and gifts :D

I don't think it's fair to call him a crack head, when there's no evidence of that. Yeah we should all make Christmas songs about him! HAHA ;)
DJ Sketchy Good king MC Storm sat down, in the garden of Eden.
Storm sat down and said some words, deep & crisp & even!
Mickey Init
quote:
Good king MC Storm sat down, in the garden of Eden.

Skarr?
DJ Sketchy MC Storm rode into town on a donkey... Then kicked like a mule! haha
DJ Sketchy Three kings, Hixxy, Dougal & Styles followed a shooting star (copyright) to gift the new born MC Storm with Gold, Frankincense, and Gam(mer).
Captain Triceps
quote:
Maybe a Quosh resurgence with DJ Chris Unknown?!

Do you think this is actually likely?
How close are you with Sy, do you speak to him regularly at all, and has he spoke much about 'what happened', or if he still has any contact with Chris at all?
I would like Sy & Unknown back together in the studio as much as the next guy but from what Unknown has said in the past I just can't see it happening.

Captain Triceps
quote:
Good king MC Storm sat down, in the garden of Eden.

quote:
MC Storm rode into town on a donkey... Then kicked like a mule! haha

In equal parts, I both wish you were and I'm glad you're not an MC!

DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

How close are you with Sy, do you speak to him regularly at all, and has he spoke much about 'what happened', or if he still has any contact with Chris at all?
I would like Sy & Unknown back together in the studio as much as the next guy but from what Unknown has said in the past I just can't see it happening.

I feel Chris was put into a corner to save his career! He had to say something to distance himself from Sy's problems, as they had nothing to do with Chris. Sy was my best mate through the years! Sy & Chris were best mates. I don't see why they can't brush things under the carpet and get things moving again...
Captain Triceps
quote:
I feel Chris was put into a corner to save his career! He had to say something to distance himself from Sy's problems, as they had nothing to do with Chris. Sy was my best mate through the years! Sy & Chris were best mates. I don't see why they can't brush things under the carpet and get things moving again...

It is a shame he had to do that, it's not harmed his DJ career at all but his productions have been mostly unremarkable, well produced but not particularly memorable.
I can imagine if they did get back in the studio it would rustle a few feathers, and would jeopardize Unknowns DJing somewhat. Chris has been rather quiet about the whole thing (which he is of course entitled to be) so it is difficult to gauge how he feels about the situation. Sort of why I was asking really. I take it you don't speak too much with Chris Unknown then?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

It is a shame he had to do that, it's not harmed his DJ career at all but his productions have been mostly unremarkable, well produced but not particularly memorable.
I can imagine if they did get back in the studio it would rustle a few feathers, and would jeopardize Unknowns DJing somewhat. Chris has been rather quiet about the whole thing (which he is of course entitled to be) so it is difficult to gauge how he feels about the situation. Sort of why I was asking really. I take it you don't speak too much with Chris Unknown then?

I used to be at EVERY major rave, with a backstage pass, as I used to run coaches from Cardiff! So I used to catch up with everyone then. I used to phone Sy on occasion. We DJ'd on the same lineup a lot though, as me and my mates used to ensure he was on the Hardcore nights we promoted, as I used to promote Delerium in Bristol, and I was a resident at Lakota. Sy was a Bristol boy! I think his brother lives here. As I said, I feel Sy needs to still pay some dues, however he is headlining an event in London for NYE! So maybe a few years, and we could see him & Chris Unknown cooking again :)
Captain Triceps
quote:
I feel Sy needs to still pay some dues, however he is headlining an event in London for NYE! So maybe a few years, and we could see him & Chris Unknown cooking again :)

I genuinely admire your optimism, and whilst I wish I could agree I just don't see it happening, not with certain people in the scene. Maybe you could get Sy in the studio?
Cheers for the answers anyway though, didn't want to seem like I was prying too much.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
I feel Sy needs to still pay some dues, however he is headlining an event in London for NYE! So maybe a few years, and we could see him & Chris Unknown cooking again :)

I genuinely admire your optimism, and whilst I wish I could agree I just don't see it happening, not with certain people in the scene. Maybe you could get Sy in the studio?
Cheers for the answers anyway though, didn't want to seem like I was prying too much.

Nah that's cool mate. Yeah maybe I'm being a bit wishful here. However if DJ Sy does make it to the big leagues again, I'm sure him & DJ Chris Unknown would be back in the studio again. Yeah maybe after I release my album, I will be a big enough fish to get Sy in the studio for my 2nd album!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nah that's cool mate. Yeah maybe I'm being a bit wishful here. However if DJ Sy does make it to the big leagues again, I'm sure him & DJ Chris Unknown would be back in the studio again. Yeah maybe after I release my album, I will be a big enough fish to get Sy in the studio for my 2nd album!

I'm focusing on Breeze at the moment though... Things a cooking with me & DJ Mark Breeze!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
I'm focusing on Breeze at the moment though... Things a cooking with me & DJ Mark Breeze!

I don't want to put a 'LABEL' on anything. Keep em peeled though ;)
Gazza1712 I speak to both sy and Chris regularly, and they won't be getting in the studio together again that is for sure, for a number of reasons, one of them being Chris doesn't make music anymore and has a full time job which he's happy in and has been doing for the last year and a half. He has a young family and doesn't get time to make any new music these days anyway, but I don't think his drive for hardcore is there any more, he is happy to take the odd booking here and there.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
I speak to both sy and Chris regularly, and they won't be getting in the studio together again that is for sure, for a number of reasons, one of them being Chris doesn't make music anymore and has a full time job which he's happy in and has been doing for the last year and a half. He has a young family and doesn't get time to make any new music these days anyway, but I don't think his drive for hardcore is there any more, he is happy to take the odd booking here and there.

I think it's safe to say most of us don't give a shit what Chris Unknown does to himself. Without Sy his productions are a flop, with the exception of Takin' Me Back, at least for me I like that track, but he couldn't even manage to produce that one all on his own lol
Claxton
quote:
I speak to both sy and Chris regularly, and they won't be getting in the studio together again that is for sure, for a number of reasons, one of them being Chris doesn't make music anymore and has a full time job which he's happy in and has been doing for the last year and a half. He has a young family and doesn't get time to make any new music these days anyway, but I don't think his drive for hardcore is there any more, he is happy to take the odd booking here and there.

Other than that are the amicable? Do they speak at all or is Chris refusing to have anything to do with Sy?

At the moment there is no point at all in having Sy on a major rave line-up. He plays classic sets only. He's not relevant in the current scene and won't be until he either starts producing again or plays upfront music.
skarr
quote:
Chris doesn't make music anymore

Absolutely ****in brilliant news, finally realised he was shit then.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Dance U Got The Chance is one of the best releases on Essential Platinum 2002.

Thanks! :) It's called Dougal meets Sketchy & Compulsion, as he literally met us at Lakota, watched us mix (as he was on after us). Then said "Right, 2001 in my studio!" :)

I purchased this when it came out in 2002. Quality track!
Mickey Init
quote:
At the moment there is no point at all in having Sy on a major rave line-up. He plays classic sets only. He's not relevant in the current scene and won't be until he either starts producing again or plays upfront music.

So what you're saying is if you made shit music yesterday you deserve a spot on the line-up but if you made good music a few years ago you're out.

Couldn't disagree more. Slipmatt wasn't current for years but it was always good fun dancing to his sets whilst he was still getting booked.

Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

There is no chance of Sy working with Chris Unknown again. Sy is currently very busy with projects and property development.
Mickey Init
quote:
but he couldn't even manage to produce that one all on his own lol

Agreed. And that album that came out might as well have been the Chris Unknown & Re-Con album or the Chris Unknown et al feature presentation
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

So what you're saying is if you made shit music yesterday you deserve a spot on the line-up but if you made good music a few years ago you're out.

Now now, don't be so hard on Ben's productions he's new at it! ;)

I welcome DJs that produce or play more up to date music, which are few and far between it seems these days, but clearly big events tend not to agree with that.

Large events seem to be overwhelmed with DJs playing old songs just to guarantee a good crowd reaction. Happened a lot at HTIDUSA last year and I imagine it happens a lot at most other HTID events, especially In The Sun.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

I welcome DJs that produce or play more up to date music, which are few and far between it seems these days, but clearly big events tend not to agree with that.

Large events seem to be overwhelmed with DJs playing old songs just to guarantee a good crowd reaction. Happened a lot at HTIDUSA last year and I imagine it happens a lot at most other HTID events, especially In The Sun.

So, do you mean that Darren Styles & Gammer (gammer loves his old stuff?) played older stuff, or that less people where to DS and Gammer set because they idnt play newer stuff?
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So, do you mean that Darren Styles & Gammer (gammer loves his old stuff?) played older stuff, or that less people where to DS and Gammer set because they idnt play newer stuff?

To the first part of your question, yes they continue to play their old stuff. Even when they give it a "modern" remix it's still an oldass track.

To the 2nd part of your question,
Samination to further explain my question. So they did not play full sets with old stuff then? I'm just trying to see your point or find flaws in them.

And that gif is incorrect. I don't speak Egghandball English
Claxton
quote:
quote:

Couldn't disagree more. Slipmatt wasn't current for years but it was always good fun dancing to his sets whilst he was still getting booked.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all. Neither should be on a major rave main room line up.

Classic rooms or classic raves by all means, but what's the point in booking someone to play old music for the main stages at bigger events? They should be forward thinking and introducing new music.

I'm not sure how you have deducted what you have from my original post.
Samination I think he's making a comparison. You say that Sy isn't relevant, which I kinda agree about Slipmatt aswell. None of them are relevant in the Current scene, but that doesn't say that they can't get any Big bookings at all.
Mickey Init
quote:
No. That's not what I'm saying at all. Neither should be on a major rave main room line up.

Classic rooms or classic raves by all means, but what's the point in booking someone to play old music for the main stages at bigger events? They should be forward thinking and introducing new music.

I only put a slight twist on what you said. You suggest that you should be churning out tunes in order to feature on the line-ups these days. As has been said on here before, 'new' doesn't necessarily mean 'good'. There's a lot of garbage being produced these days.

It's about variety. Putting Sy, Brisk or Slipmatt on after an hour of current GTYM, for example, would surely stop people falling asleep.
Samination
quote:
quote:

I only put a slight twist on what you said. You suggest that you should be churning out tunes in order to feature on the line-ups these days. As has been said on here before, 'new' doesn't necessarily mean 'good'. There's a lot of garbage being produced these days.

It's about variety. Putting Sy, Brisk or Slipmatt on after an hour of current GTYM, for example, would surely stop people falling asleep.

or leave, because they where only there to listen to Gammer's ( or MC Storm's) banter
Claxton
quote:
quote:

I think it goes without saying that the quality of music must be high. Just because someone is making new music it doesn't automatically mean they should be booked. My point was: if Sy is to become relevant again, he must either a) Get in the studio again. b) play upfront Hardcore from other artists.

There isn't a place for someone to be consistently booked if they aren't playing new music.
Gazza1712 No they do not speak anymore, basically sy put his house up for sale in 2012 when they were still working together and he didn't even tell Chris, sy has moved away from the area, so not sure how it would have panned out anyway between the two if the fallout didn't happen, also Chris lost both his parents in the space of a year and one of them passed away around the time it all blew up with sy and storm and sy didn't bother to send Chris one message asking how he was, but the friendship had broken down between them anyway earlier in the summer of 2012 as they were both playing the same event back 2 back and had a long drive think it was Sheffield and something was said by Chris in the car on the way home who was having a joke and sy lost it with him apparently and that was that, there is a lot of things that happened before the whole thing later in the year between sy and storm blew up, also sy cannot make music by himself that's why he hasn't and won't, plus Chris done 90 per cent of the work on all sy and unknown tracks,
Samination
quote:
No they do not speak anymore, basically sy put his house up for sale in 2012 when they were still working together and he didn't even tell Chris, sy has moved away from the area, so not sure how it would have panned out anyway between the two if the fallout didn't happen, also Chris lost both his parents in the space of a year and one of them passed away around the time it all blew up with sy and storm and sy didn't bother to send Chris one message asking how he was, but the friendship had broken down between them anyway earlier in the summer of 2012 as they were both playing the same event back 2 back and had a long drive think it was Sheffield and something was said by Chris in the car on the way home who was having a joke and sy lost it with him apparently and that was that, there is a lot of things that happened before the whole thing later in the year between sy and storm blew up, also sy cannot make music by himself that's why he hasn't and won't, plus Chris done 90 per cent of the work on all sy and unknown tracks,

so, Sy can make music, but can't produce
Chris can produce, but can't make music?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
No they do not speak anymore, basically sy put his house up for sale in 2012 when they were still working together and he didn't even tell Chris, sy has moved away from the area, so not sure how it would have panned out anyway between the two if the fallout didn't happen, also Chris lost both his parents in the space of a year and one of them passed away around the time it all blew up with sy and storm and sy didn't bother to send Chris one message asking how he was, but the friendship had broken down between them anyway earlier in the summer of 2012 as they were both playing the same event back 2 back and had a long drive think it was Sheffield and something was said by Chris in the car on the way home who was having a joke and sy lost it with him apparently and that was that, there is a lot of things that happened before the whole thing later in the year between sy and storm blew up, also sy cannot make music by himself that's why he hasn't and won't, plus Chris done 90 per cent of the work on all sy and unknown tracks,

Sounds like Sy knew there was trouble brewing before it all became public and he was starting to lose his cool. Chris Unknowns Facebook post a couple of years back alluded to that as well. It's funny looking back, I spoke to Chris at HTID in the sun 2012, I remember thinking to myself that he went a bit strange when I mentioned Sy.

I don't know about your comment that Chris done 90% of the work. I can only go on how good their collaborations sounded compared with how average Chris' solo tracks were. That 10% from Sy made a hell of a difference...
Mickey Init
quote:
I think it goes without saying that the quality of music must be high. Just because someone is making new music it doesn't automatically mean they should be booked. My point was: if Sy is to become relevant again, he must either a) Get in the studio again. b) play upfront Hardcore from other artists.

There isn't a place for someone to be consistently booked if they aren't playing new music.

I don't know, maybe we appreciate different things when we go to these things, which is allowed. I just don't know where this thing comes from about hardcore tunes needing to have a finite shelf-life.

I agree with you when it comes to albums (e.g. that Vinylgroover mix on the Technikore album) but not when it comes to sets; Sy on the decks (playing the Quosh back cat) is a lot more entertaining than watching someone from the nu skool hit 'auto-sync' on a laptop.
DJ Sketchy 'Down Like That' with Darren Styles & Chris Unknown is a MAJOR hit though! One of my favourite tracks Chris has ever produced, and it's very recent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwZRgF9Q_os
_Jay_
quote:
'Down Like That' with Darren Styles & Chris Unknown is a MAJOR hit though! One of my favourite tracks Chris has ever produced, and it's very recent!

It's a funny one, ya know. I was thinking about this style of track very recently. They've always existed - probably in equal measure to uplifting/vocal/cheesy stuff. But it always struck me as weird that people who like uplifting stuff also like this kind of stuff. Twisty, filthy, moody. I personally don't. I mean, they're alright on the dancefloor if you're off ya box on squeelers (tequila) and just want to pound around the floor. But musically I've never taken to them.

Nothing against them or people that do like them. Just occurred to me how fundementally different those two sets of elements that make up the two styles of music are liked, generally, by people equally.

Mickey Init I think, as well, his collabs are generally alright. It's just his solo stuff can be a bit weak in comparison.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
I think, as well, his collabs are generally alright. It's just his solo stuff can be a bit weak in comparison.

Just a personal view... I feel DJ Chris Unknown maybe aims his stronger tracks towards collaborations!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
'Down Like That' with Darren Styles & Chris Unknown is a MAJOR hit though! One of my favourite tracks Chris has ever produced, and it's very recent!

It's a funny one, ya know. I was thinking about this style of track very recently. They've always existed - probably in equal measure to uplifting/vocal/cheesy stuff. But it always struck me as weird that people who like uplifting stuff also like this kind of stuff. Twisty, filthy, moody. I personally don't. I mean, they're alright on the dancefloor if you're off ya box on squeelers (tequila) and just want to pound around the floor. But musically I've never taken to them.

Nothing against them or people that do like them. Just occurred to me how fundementally different those two sets of elements that make up the two styles of music are liked, generally, by people equally.

Yeah I never really thought of it like that. Hardcore wouldn't be Hardcore without these type of flat out stomping tunes though! What's Gammer's new track? "I'm gonna wake this mother****er up!" BOOM BOOM BOOM
DJ Sketchy As some of my tracks were mentioned earlier, I just want some exposure regarding the album I am creating with Matt from the Organ Donors! The Organ Donors brand will not be attached to the album, as they feel very strongly about protecting their brand. The album will be a DJ Sketchy album!

I'm under a complete ban showing any of the material we have made so far (or privately sharing it) so as not to affect the impact of the singles releases in about 6 months time. We have Mark Breeze's FutureWorld label lined up for the singles! On Mark Breeze's say so, following when he is presented with the finished articles of course :) (I hope you don't mind me revealing that information nugget, Mark! ;)

This is an example of the sound I'm going for, for my album. This is an idea I've made and this will not be the finished product (I don't want to get into trouble with my producer here), as all my ideas for the album will be re-worked in the studio.

Impulse_Response Do you at least have permission to show a more revealing pic of the girl?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
Do you at least have permission to show a more revealing pic of the girl?

That was a snap express off my hard drive mate. I don't know who she is. I've got over 6000 erotic images on my hard drive LOL! ;) Here are some erotic pics I just scanned the web for... Enjoy!

mod edit: removed, sorry google will not like us for being a PG site, please PM them to anyone asking.
Samination I wouldn't recommend you post them here tho.
DJ Sketchy On the subject of erotica, and the Organ Donors... Check out this video from the boys, with a sexy HOT half naked chick in it :) (You need to be logged into Youtube to view it, as it's explicit!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIOHLR-P5qE
DJ Sketchy
quote:
I wouldn't recommend you post them here tho.

Apologies... I shall behave henceforth!
Captain Triceps It's more like happysoftcore.com with all these pictures!
DJ D-Luc-D Definitely shouldn't have opened this thread in the school library today. Lol.
DJ Sketchy I just want to be clear about Mark Breeze's FutureWorld label. We will release on the label if Breeze feels the tracks are hitting the mark. I am very confident they will. Just I need to wait 6 months to find out lol! Watch this space ---> <---
Samination "hit the Mark" *school girl snickering*
DJ Sketchy
quote:
"hit the Mark" *school girl snickering*

Yeah I should have said 'on point' or something... Anything but hitting the mark! hahaha
skarr
quote:
quote:

I've got over 6000 erotic images on my hard drive LOL! ;)

No wonder you and Sy are mates then.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey! They are all healthy, erotic pictures. I was just in the middle of writing an erotic story to my erotic author I'm in a relationship with...
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol
skarr
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey! They are all healthy, erotic pictures. I was just in the middle of writing an erotic story to my erotic author I'm in a relationship with...

So that's why you have 6000 erotic images on your hard drive? That'll never stand up in court.
Samination my question is. Only 6000? :P
MC Deecee ****s sake gammer, that's not MUCH of a dig at ajay is it...

DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
****s sake gammer, that's not MUCH of a dig at ajay is it...

He's hammering down on the incubus. New step forward and all!
arpz He's a dick, becomes increasingly less relevant to the actual UK hardcore scene with every release / Twitter post imo
DJ Sketchy
quote:
He's a dick, becomes increasingly less relevant to the actual UK hardcore scene with every release / Twitter post imo

Gammer more than ANYONE still has ear very much pinned to the ground. Who can really touch him atm though? Styles, Breeze, Dougal, Scott Brown... Hixxy soon...
arpz
quote:
quote:
He's a dick, becomes increasingly less relevant to the actual UK hardcore scene with every release / Twitter post imo

Gammer more than ANYONE still has ear very much pinned to the ground. Who can really touch him atm though? Styles, Breeze, Dougal, Scott Brown... Hixxy soon...

He isn't interested in the UK scene, he's interested in his new friends in the US and with doing as many collaborations with shitty drops as possible. He was relevant, he was great, these days, he isn't.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

He isn't interested in the UK scene, he's interested in his new friends in the US and with doing as many collaborations with shitty drops as possible. He was relevant, he was great, these days, he isn't.

I should have mentioned Klubfiller, Joey Riot (Who is very busy atm) and Kurt. Gammer's US stuff is different, I'll give you that.
CDJay Not entirely convinced you're up to date, but I'd already worked that out.

CDJay
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Not entirely convinced you're up to date, but I'd already worked that out.

CDJay

Who else would you suggest? I'm interested!
djDMS Just when I thought he couldn't be any more of an arsehole...
CDJay Fracus & Darwin, Mob and Prospect all sold 500 or more albums each in the past twelve months. Two of those acts are on the forthcoming Hardcore Heaven album.

If you're not actually being facetious, you should probably check out the Hardcore Underground store as that is where the bulk of music has been released in the past 3 years.

edit: In fact, if I was planning on spending the time/energy/money on creating an album in genre I'd probably be paying lots of attention to the Hardcore Heaven album. 40 unmixed tracks from most of the artists in genre to reference against for 15 pounds. *shrugs*

CDJay
arpz 40 unmixed tracks for 15 quid tho :D
DJ Sketchy
quote:
If you're not actually being facetious

Not at all mate! I've been away 5 years!
Mickey Init
quote:

You've not missed much. Apart from a few Re-Con freebies on SoundCloud.

DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

You've not missed much. Apart from a few Re-Con freebies on SoundCloud.

Cor Re-Con too! Squad-E also. It's so difficult to think of everyone in these situations...
CDJay ATM I'd say Technikore is on tip-top form. In fact that's understating.

CDJay
DJ Sketchy
quote:
you should probably check out the Hardcore Underground store as that is where the bulk of music has been released in the past 3 years.

edit: In fact, if I was planning on spending the time/energy/money on creating an album in genre I'd probably be paying lots of attention to the Hardcore Heaven album. 40 unmixed tracks from most of the artists in genre to reference against for 15 pounds. *shrugs*

CDJay

I will check it out! My record collection needs stocking up!
Vladel
quote:
Fracus & Darwin, Mob and Prospect all sold 500 or more albums each in the past twelve months. Two of those acts are on the forthcoming Hardcore Heaven album.

If you're not actually being facetious, you should probably check out the Hardcore Underground store as that is where the bulk of music has been released in the past 3 years.

CDJay

I'll give you fracus and Darwin who have been great but prospects album sounded like future world two years late and I've only bought one mob track in my life. Admittedly you can't argue with sales but I've always wondered firstly why lethal theory ever bothered with them given the contrasting styles, secondly how the hell they are so popular they are. Just shows how varied taste can be.

arpz MOB is capable of putting out some brilliant melodic tracks, I think to be honest you're just a bit too jaded mate. I don't subscribe to the whole 'dont say anything if you cant say anything nice' thing but perhaps it's got to the point with you that it might be worth considering?
Mickey Init
quote:
ATM I'd say Technikore is on tip-top form.

Always has been, always will be. I don't think he's ever produced an embarrassment of a tune. Even the Soap On A Rope tunes were decent bootlegs! Even Wanna Be There was awesome and that reached Cheese Level 99.

Being honest, though, F&D/HU have been the ones that have kept me interested in hardcore over the last few years. I think without some of the projects that have come to fruition, I'd still be listening to Bonkers 1-17 on repeat every day. Don't get me wrong, I like the TWR stuff, too. It's just they don't do anything interesting with their music.

Vladel
quote:
MOB is capable of putting out some brilliant melodic tracks, I think to be honest you're just a bit too jaded mate. I don't subscribe to the whole 'dont say anything if you cant say anything nice' thing but perhaps it's got to the point with you that it might be worth considering?

I did say something nice, I bought one of his tracks!
arpz I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting a version of Iron heart that doesn't have the horrible hiss/clipping in the vocal that's present in the trackitdown version
djDMS
quote:
I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting a version of Iron heart that doesn't have the horrible hiss/clipping in the vocal that's present in the trackitdown version

Is the version on the Kutski album different?

Can't recall the one I have sounding so bad.
arpz I haven't heard the Kutski album, I've only heard the trackitdown one. I thought it was potentially due to encoding at trackitdown (I don't know how it works, do they get wavs and then encode MP3 on the site?) so I messaged MOB about it. He told me to send him a screenshot of my order and would resend it to me but it never happened and I haven't chased it up.

It's most noticeable during a breakdown and from memory the word 'away' has it pretty bad. I say 'bad', it's not ridiculous, struggled to hear it on my mates monitors but it's fairly clear on mine. I'll make a clip if anyone cares enough
arpz edit: dbl post

CDJay If I haven't noticed that during QA I will be fairly cross with myself. To a point. I need rest. Hmmz. I'll check tomorrow

CDJay
arpz
quote:
If I haven't noticed that during QA I will be fairly cross with myself. To a point. I need rest. Hmmz. I'll check tomorrow

CDJay

I was expecting it to be gone just cause of the fact that it's an edit to the original (I think?) but I don't really know if it's an artifact introduced by encoding or whether it's actually present on the original. Let me know if you need a clip
CDJay Might be useful to reference. Am desperately hoping so as I want the HH album uncompromised.

CDJay
Impulse_Response My best guess is intersample peak clipping due to loudness war mastering. Lossy compression makes intersample peaks worse than in the original. If you and your friend have different equipment with different DACs, then that might explain the issue. Some have extra headroom to cope with this issue, and some don't. I've heard this problem on a lot of hardcore releases, and even on professionally released hardcore albums (such as Who's Got The Stamina).

EDIT: I wouldn't mind hearing a clip. This sort of technical stuff fascinates me.
arpz I just noticed it on my USB gaming headset as well, I've made a clip -

http://fikshun.me/IronHeartclip.wav

I only have the 320 mp3 from trackitdown but exported as wav so as to not introduce anything else

edit: we did hear it on his equipment, it was definitely there, but a touch less. As it is, I wouldn't play this mp3 in a set
Impulse_Response Thanks for the clip. I'll do some quick analysis and post my findings.

FINDINGS:
There is a slight amount of intersample peak clipping in that song, but honestly not that much compared to most other stuff out there which doesn't have such noticeable clipping. I heard a huge amount of clipping in that file, though. The worst of it was at the end of the clip starting around 42 seconds.

I think the only way to know for sure is buy the wav from trackitdown and see if it has this problem as well. If not, then it must be a problem on the mastering engineer's end.

arpz I wonder if CDJay will literally be uttering the words 'stop the press' :/
arpz I don't really know what that stuff means but the hiss/buzz on the vocal should be really quite apparent on anything as good as my headset

edit: ffs sorry, edits edit edits, I assume if it's on the version CDJay has then we also have the answer. I begrudge paying for it from trackitdown again
Impulse_Response This was on an HU mixed CD, right? If so, then CDJay likely has an unmastered version, because the whole mix would be mastered as a single unit (I think). I'm tempted to buy the wav on trackitdown myself and see if it has the clipping.
arpz Yeah, the discs are mixed and then mp3 downloads for unmixed.

If you do buy it, and it hasn't got it, do send it over ;)
DJ Sketchy I feel like causing some carnage in the Storm & AJay thread... *CARNAGE*
DJ Sketchy *Streaks the Storm & AJay thread* Nude.
DJ Sketchy MUST... RESIST... CAREER... ENDING... ANTICS ;) HAHA
DJ Sketchy I remember when the promoter of Dreamscape, Gill, pulled a moon (got his arse out) ON CAMERA! It was at a Slammin Vinyl event. The jury is out as to weather this is embarassing or not. In the middle of a set, Slammin cut the music, then cut to Gill getting his arse out on the video. LOL
Elipton Now, Now, John. You don't want to attract the attention of the men in white coats..
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Now, Now, John. You don't want to attract the attention of the men in white coats..

My brother Paul DJ Compulsion, once interviewed DJ/MC Sharkey. Then proceeded to ask him how he was enjoying UPREAR (we were at Uproar).
DJ Sketchy Paul DJ Compulsion also quite famously called Gammer once, and secretly recorded the conversation. He said "I like you. I want to touch you!".
DJ Sketchy I used to phone DJ Sy, pretty much exclusively when I was very pissed HAHA. As I got nervous! After one disastrous telephone conversation, when I next saw DJ Sy. He said "Just text me in future, yeah?" LELS
wong Think im gonna have a break from this forum for a while...
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Think im gonna have a break from this forum for a while...

If you're referring to my stories. You need not worry. There aren't many more stories I can tell without getting myself into serious trouble.
latininxtc As I read more and more of your ridiculous shit Sketchy you certainly resemble a criminal character on Law & Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit).
DJ Sketchy
quote:
As I read more and more of your ridiculous shit Sketchy you certainly resemble a criminal character on Law & Order: SVU (Special Victims Unit).

You say ridiculous shit. I say fun stories! Harmless fun too, unlike some of my other stories. I've lived a crazy life!
DJ Sketchy Ok, last story. Calvin Harris knows of me well, through private messaging him on Twitter going on 5 years! Well... I SLAMMED DJ Zedd, in full view of Calvin Harris, for his use of FLANGE in Ariana Grande's hit 'Break Free' that he co-wrote alongside Max Martin, who wrote Britney Spears' 'Baby One More Time'. All to say it was very embarassing and I apologised profusely to DJ Zedd following my outburst. I feel my criticism might have pushed DJ Zedd to try a bit harder to be more original though :)
Elipton Prove it.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Prove it.

Prove what? How could I possibly make that story up?!
Elipton
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

The Queen knows of me well, through private messaging her on Snapchat going on 5 years! Well... I SLAMMED Princess Diana in the pussy, in full view of The Queen. All to say it was very embarassing and I apologised profusely to Diana following my ejaculation. I feel my banging might have pushed Diana to read the Kamasutra though :)

How could I possibly make that up?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

The Queen knows of me well, through private messaging her on Snapchat going on 5 years! Well... I SLAMMED Princess Diana in the pussy, in full view of The Queen. All to say it was very embarassing and I apologised profusely to Diana following my ejaculation. I feel my banging might have pushed Diana to read the Kamasutra though :)

I don't tell lies. deadmau5 knows of me. Judge Jules and Paul Oakenfold know of me better. Tiesto knows of me too! I spent 5 lonely years on my private Twitter account frantically messaging celebrities. Pasquale Rotella who runs EDC knows me very well. I've spoke to his wife Holly Madison a couple of times too!
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

I don't tell lies. deadmau5 knows of me. Judge Jules and Paul Oakenfold know of me better. Tiesto knows of me too! I spent 5 lonely years on my private Twitter account frantically messaging celebrities. Pasquale Rotella who runs EDC knows me very well. I've spoke to his wife Holly Madison a couple of times too!

Look, Stacy Slater. All your other stories were ********, and so are these
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

You're entitled to your own belief system. I don't mess about with Bull shiz. I'm partly here to factually entertain!
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

You're entitled to your own belief system. I don't mess about with Bull shiz. I'm partly here to factually entertain!

It's not about believing. I'm with Judge Jules and Deadmau5 now. We're at the same orgy and they say they've never heard of you. Now excuse me while your mate Vanessa Hudgens sits on my face

FeelsGoodMan
djDMS
quote:
Let me tell you a story.

Many times in the past, I have criticised people for writing things like 'I'm dying with laughter' and other ridiculous exaggerations thinking 'nothing is that funny'

I now apologise to all those people for I have literally exploded with laughter!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

It's not about believing. I'm with Judge Jules and Deadmau5 now. We're at the same orgy and they say they've never heard of you. Now excuse me while your mate Vanessa Hudgens sits on my face

FeelsGoodMan

You can joke about all you want Elipton! I know how close I am to certain people. Like I'm VERY close to Rosie Jones & Rhian Sugden, the glamour models. I get on well with some more of the boob troop like Lucy Pinder too. I chatted Lucy up over private message. It was a pathetic attempt. She would have thought I was cute for trying though. I private message Abigail Ratchford a lot too! More A list celebrities. I private messaged Selena Gomez every day for a straight month! Sent a dozen red roses to her home too! I'm very close to Jessica Alba also! Sent her a dozen red roses too!
ConnerIntenzifi **** sake I'm not a big poster on here more lurker & on odd occasion chime in with my opinion but is this sketchy character actually real or someone just ripping the piss out everyone, never seen so much clattyness all at once in the same place.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

FeelsGoodMan

You can joke about all you want Elipton! I know how close I am to certain people. Like I'm VERY close to Rosie Jones & Rhian Sugden, the glamour models. I get on well with some more of the boob troop like Lucy Pinder too. I chatted Lucy up over private message. It was a pathetic attempt. She would have thought I was cute for trying though. I private message Abigail Ratchford a lot too! More A list celebrities. I private messaged Selena Gomez every day for a straight month! Sent a dozen red roses to her home too! I'm very close to Jessica Alba also! Sent her a dozen red roses too!

Selena Gomez just said she doesn't know who you are, but she had her mouth full, so she could have said anything.

Of course, a Twitter veteran such as yourself knows that you have to follow each other to private message. She doesn't follow you

FeelsBadMan
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

FeelsGoodMan

Selena Gomez just said she doesn't know who you are, but she had her mouth full, so she could have said anything.

Of course, a Twitter veteran such as yourself knows that you have to follow each other to private message. She doesn't follow you

FeelsBadMan

I've got a private Twitter account @JesusIamChrist - Which is where I private message celebrities from.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

FeelsGoodMan

FeelsBadMan

I've got a private Twitter account @JesusIamChrist - Which is where I private message celebrities from.

But none of the celebrities follow that account either, so again, you're ********ting.

No pic no click

FeelsBadMan?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

FeelsGoodMan

FeelsBadMan

But none of the celebrities follow that account either, so again, you're ********ting.

No pic no click

FeelsBadMan?

I message them on their Twitter page, like everyone else.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

FeelsGoodMan

FeelsBadMan

No pic no click

FeelsBadMan?

But they can't message back, your account is set to private

FeelsStupidMan
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Prove it.

Let me tell you a story.

FeelsGoodMan

FeelsBadMan

No pic no click

FeelsBadMan?

But they can't message back, your account is set to private

FeelsStupidMan

Right. I hope this now wraps things up. I'm organising a piss up in a brewery next! ;) JOKE

All my messages are one way. There is no doubt that the celebrities who own the accounts see my messages though. It's a harsh way to live. Being left in the cold almost all the time. If they were to communicate deeply, then that's evidence I could go to the press with. So they don't risk it. This was my way of 'socialising' when I cut everyone off 6 years ago (I'm back in touch with most now).
Captain Triceps Just ignore him, mate. I had Sarah Ferguson, Judge Rinder and Pele round for dinner today, they all said they know you.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Just ignore him, mate. I had Sarah Ferguson, Judge Rinder and Pele round for dinner today, they all said they know you.

A bit too much sausage there for an orgy! Sure we will find lots to talk about though. Thanks Captain!
DJ Sketchy I was gonna do something else, but time for another story.

I once thought it was a good idea to introduce this girl who was a friend I had just met, to MC Storm. As he was in the chalet above us. So I take her upstairs to MC Storm's place and knock on his double glazed doors. Storm jumps up through the curtains and through the window says "what?" - I said "Ah my friend wants to meet you" to Storm through the double glazed sliding doors. Storm looks at my female friend, smiles and waves! Then we leave. That was that until HTID a week or so later, when Storm came up to me and said. "Don't you ever do that again" Haha. I've gone tame there... Storm teared me a new one! In front of a large group of people too HAHA. Lesson learned. Don't disturb Storm!
DJ Sketchy This is a story about the politics of the music industry. I MUST protect all involved parties. So I need to hide their identities, so please bare with me.

A BIG NAME came up to me and said "Your ****ing mate! You gotta talk to that ****er before I do!"
What had happened was that this individual had managed to get themselves deeply involved in a situation that had nothing to do with them, at the anger of the big name involved. He said "I keep hearing his name pop up in serious things, that aren't any of his business!"

So let that be a lesson to you all. Stay out of other people's business!
Future_Shock
quote:

How can we possibly do that when you keep telling us (what i think are made up) stories about all your famous "friends"?

Just saying.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

How can we possibly do that when you keep telling us (what i think are made up) stories about all your famous "friends"?

Just saying.

What. You think MC Storm wouldn't be straight on my case for putting Bull shiz stories about me and him online! He'd chew me up! That's serious! He won't mind me sharing that story. He's a sensitive bloke, if that makes sense. The story is a fun one really. Storm can be fun. Don't mess about with him when he's serious though!
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

What. You think MC Storm wouldn't be straight on my case for putting Bull shiz stories about me and him online! He'd chew me up! That's serious! He won't mind me sharing that story. He's a sensitive bloke, if that makes sense. The story is a fun one really. Storm can be fun. Don't mess about with him when he's serious though!

The warning doesn't mean much when i'm not convinced you actually know him. Sorry.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

The warning doesn't mean much when i'm not convinced you actually know him. Sorry.

I'm in the process of writing an album. So what you think I'm gonna burn bridges by making up stories about powerful people in the scene?! I remember MC Storm coming up to me and my brother Paul Compulsion before our set at United Dance with MC Whizzkid MCing for us. Storm came up to us before our set and said "This is your big chance, you can't **** it up" or something along those lines. I used to be part of the team! I still am really. I used to be back stage at every major event chilling with everyone. I got really close to John Seduction who ran Uproar at one stage. I thought I had to wait to be booked though, when I should have asked Seduction for the booking! DJ Sy was shocked that I didn't ever ask him.
Elipton I love these stories. Got any more?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
I love these stories. Got any more?

Most of the ones I've got left will get me into serious trouble if I reveal them publicly! I can tell you about DJ Dougal's dog Kitani though! It was a HUGE Japanese Akita! It's paws were huge! Dougal said Kitani pawed one of his mates on the nose and broke his nose! Kitani used to growl at me when I entered Dougal's studio. Scary dog!
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

I'm in the process of writing an album. So what you think I'm gonna burn bridges by making up stories about powerful people in the scene?!

Yes. How does one influence the other? You think storm is going to get people to stop anyone buying an album that they don't know is releasing?

I'll say one thing - you have a very strong ego! People with low self esteem should just spend a day chatting with you.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

I'm in the process of writing an album. So what you think I'm gonna burn bridges by making up stories about powerful people in the scene?!

Yes. How does one influence the other? You think storm is going to get people to stop anyone buying an album that they don't know is releasing?

I'll say one thing - you have a very strong ego! People with low self esteem should just spend a day chatting with you.

Off the top of my head. I have spoke about Dougal, Gammer, Styles, Breeze, Hixxy, Sy, Unknown, Whizzkid and Storm! That's almost the whole flipping scene! Each person pissed off would be a door closed. Just pissing off Storm alone doors close and opportunities evaporate. How about pissing off the whole scene through telling lies about them through made up stories?! I've been round the block kid, you best recognise.
djDMS Never mind pissing off the scene.

You're doing a fantastic job of pissing off your audience.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

You can't burn bridges that were never there to begin with.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Never mind pissing off the scene.

Well it's a shame you feel that way. It was fun thinking back and writing some stories! It's good promotion for me too. The stories are pretty much done now anyway.
Cyrax I've heard many times that Paul Compulsion is an arsehole
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

You're just being ridiculous. I've wrote with Dougal & Gammer, nearly Breeze & Styles. DJ Sy was my best mate. Breeze will hopefully be releasing my singles on his FutureWorld label. I don't understand how none of this is believable for you. I was DJing with all the big names for a solid 10 years! If you don't believe me, fine. I won't waste any more of my time dealing with you.
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

I've been round the block kid, you best recognise.

I recognise talent when i see it. I haven't seen it. I've just seen this guy who paid people to engineer his tracks years ago and hasn't been relevant since.

You know who else can do that? Everyone.
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:

Well it's a shame you feel that way. It was fun thinking back and writing some stories! It's good promotion for me too. The stories are pretty much done now anyway.

How is it good promotion from you when it's alienating you from your audience? Do you even understand business?
Elipton I forgot this guy expects us to hear his album!

I can't wait to give it my 'critique'
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

How is it good promotion from you when it's alienating you from your audience? Do you even understand business?

The only thing alienating the audience is negatively. They were good, honest, fun stories. Times I am proud of (mostly).
Future_Shock
quote:
I forgot this guy expects us to hear his album!

Didn't he post a track a little while ago?
Elipton
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

The track is an idea. I am not a good enough producer to finish it off. That's why I've got Matt from the Organ Donors, to properly produce all of my ideas. I've written 8 tracks for the album so far out of 10. I'm gonna keep writing once I reach 10 so I can raise the bar.
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds.

DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds.

It ain't no rip. I made it myself.
skarr
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The only thing alienating the audience is negatively. They were good, honest, fun stories. Times I am proud of (mostly).

Your proud of your brother getting slapped up by brisk? Your proud of sitting in the corner giggling whilst your brother made perverted hoax phone calls to gammer? Fair enough, And there's nothing big about making tracks with the organ donors, they make tracks with ANYONE for a price.Also where can we read your erotic novel? Has sy given it the go ahead yet ?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your proud of your brother getting slapped up by brisk? Your proud of sitting in the corner giggling whilst your brother made perverted hoax phone calls to gammer? Fair enough, And there's nothing big about making tracks with the organ donors, they make tracks with ANYONE for a price.Also where can we read your erotic novel? Has sy given it the go ahead yet ?

A bit hostile aren't we skarr? Paul deserved that slap! You should have heard what he was saying to Brisk! That Gammer call was funny. Writing with the Organ Donors is HUGE
skarr It's not huge though anyone can do it, think they have an offer on on studio time at the minute If I remember correctly, and sorry for coming across as hostile, you seem like a nice bloke to be honest just a bit off key.
DJ Sketchy Also I don't write the erotic novels. One of my close friends does. She publishes internationally! She said I should write myself! Sy was just unfortunate. Yeah he did wrong. Weather he new he was doing wrong or not is open for discussion.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
It's not huge though anyone can do it, think they have an offer on on studio time at the minute If I remember correctly, and sorry for coming across as hostile, you seem like a nice bloke to be honest just a bit off key.

It's huge as the Organ Donors are SO talented! The jury will be out if the Hardcore we make cuts the mustard. It's sounding banging though! No worries mate, nice to become acquainted!
DJ Sketchy Shelby Kent-Stewart is the erotic author! (Some friendly promotion for her)
Elipton So the Organ Donors got bored of Lorenzo as their sidekick and signed you up?

I don't think I've heard any material from them despite being in Hardcore for nearly a decade, yet I keep seeing their names pop up as the overseers of these great projects

As for that song? You're a worthy second sidekick.
DJ Sketchy Ah! One of my last stories (I'm running dry of the safe ones)

I was at Fusion in Bath, I can't remember if I recognised him, or if I was told. However there was someone sat in a car in the car park who I thought was DJ Sy! I went up to him and said "Are you DJ Sy?" the guy in the car said "No. I'm Micky Finn's driver". I then said "Ahh what's it like to drive Micky Finn around?". The guy said "Yeah good". That was then that.

I then attended a rave at the Sanctuary, and I had a stage pass for doing a small bus. Low and behold, that SAME DRIVER was sat back stage, with a record bag. I then went up to him and said "I THOUGHT YOU WERE DJ SY!" HAHA. So that's how I met DJ Sy.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
So the Organ Donors got bored of Lorenzo as their sidekick and signed you up?

I don't think I've heard any material from them despite being in Hardcore for nearly a decade, yet I keep seeing their names pop up as the overseers of these great projects

As for that song? You're a worthy second sidekick.

Thanks Elipton! I'm very happy with it. I sent Gun Magazine to my go to big names. I won't list them here for fear of showing off. Yeah the Organ Donors are just great. I'm really happy working with them!
Triquatra you could add lyrics to it? here's a few I just made up

How does it feel
To treat me like you do
When you've laid laid your hands upon me
And told me who you are

I thought I was mistaken
I thought I heard your words
Tell me how do I feel
Tell me now how do I feel

Those who came before me
Lived through their vocations
From the past until completion
They will turn away no more

And I still find it so hard
To say what I need to say
But I'm quite sure that you'll tell me
Just how I should feel today
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
you could add lyrics to it? here's a few I just made up

How does it feel
To treat me like you do
And told me who you are

I thought I was mistaken
Tell me how do I feel

Those who came before me

You've got skills mate!
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:

How does it feel
To treat me like you do
And told me who you are

I thought I was mistaken
Tell me how do I feel

Those who came before me

You've got skills mate!

Don't copy them though, at least jumble them into a New Order first.
arpz *that clapping hands emoticon*
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

How does it feel
To treat me like you do
And told me who you are

I thought I was mistaken
Tell me how do I feel

Those who came before me

You've got skills mate!

Don't copy them though, at least jumble them into a New Order first.

You lot, lol
djDMS Definitely a Blue Monday for somebody today...
SmashingTheSirens Enjoy...

www.soundcloud.com/atombeatsradio/mc-storm-primus-inter-pares
Future_Shock
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

It's a direct copy mate. Note for note.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

I don't copy nothing when I write. If there is something out there what sounds similar then so be it.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

I don't copy nothing when I write. If there is something out there what sounds similar then so be it.

If you create a track that just happens to sound like one of the most iconic songs of the 80's, it's usually one you just chuck aside - unless you're deliberately going for a fun take on a classic riff. I've done it, but I didn't try to hide it.
GrahamC
quote:
Enjoy...

www.soundcloud.com/atombeatsradio/mc-storm-primus-inter-pares

That is beyond terrible. Storm should listen to that, realise what rubbish that is and pack it all in ASAP!
SmashingTheSirens Not that keen then? His vocal delivery isn't all that bad and his rapping and subjects are just as good as anyone one else's in the game, you might see that as a good or bad thing but I'm not fussed either way. The bits I'm not keen on, and this only my own critique from a musical stand point and not a personal agenda, are the bits where he half raps half sings and it's not to key. Being a musician I put that akin to knifes scratching on a plate! Also he says it's his first mix tape. I wish he'd of gone the Gammer/Whizzkid Querkout route and been a bit inventive and shown off a different side maybe instead of just straight bars. Apart from those things it is what is and what you'd expect to hear in any rave these days.
arpz
quote:
Not that keen then? His vocal delivery isn't all that bad and his rapping and subjects are just as good as anyone one else's in the game, you might see that as a good or bad thing but I'm not fussed either way. The bits I'm not keen on, and this only my own critique from a musical stand point and not a personal agenda, are the bits where he half raps half sings and it's not to key. Being a musician I put that akin to knifes scratching on a plate! Also he says it's his first mix tape. I wish he'd of gone the Gammer/Whizzkid Querkout route and been a bit inventive and shown off a different side maybe instead of just straight bars. Apart from those things it is what is and what you'd expect to hear in any rave these days.

I liked the 'your' vs 'you're' fails on the 'lyric book' posted on his page and the fact that he failed to use images without watermarks and then overlaid text on top. It gave it a really professional feel.

DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

If you create a track that just happens to sound like one of the most iconic songs of the 80's, it's usually one you just chuck aside - unless you're deliberately going for a fun take on a classic riff. I've done it, but I didn't try to hide it.

Can someone direct me to the Youtube link for this? I need to hear this for myself. I randomised the key I wrote it in and everything. It's one of my favourite tracks I've written!
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

Can someone direct me to the Youtube link for this? I need to hear this for myself. I randomised the key I wrote it in and everything. It's one of my favourite tracks I've written!

A link to what?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

A link to what?

Where Andy_Influx posted this "The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds." - Where is the link the the rock band track he is going on about? I can't see it.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

A link to what?

Where Andy_Influx posted this "The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds." - Where is the link the the rock band track he is going on about? I can't see it.

New Order - Blue Monday. It's a pretty significant track mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYH8DsU2WCk
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

A link to what?

New Order - Blue Monday. It's a pretty significant track mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYH8DsU2WCk

I will give it to you that the pattern the bass line follows is similar. Mine's in a completely different key though. They aren't 'exactly' the same either. I thought you were on about my riff for a minute then 'phew'.
SmashingTheSirens Arpz. I didn't even look at that! I was just listening to the audio content. So it's a cut and paste special on Windows Paint then?

Sketchy, mate. Don't worry about it mate. It's all a bit silly really. If you're happy doing what you're doing then don't get drawn in. If you wrote it and it sounds similar to something else then so be it. I listened to it and it didn't sound like anything I've heard before. But then again I hate anything pre-90s! I followed the link you your facebook page and watched a few of your videos of you making tunes and you gave some good things going on. Just do what like and don't feel like you have to explain yourself just cause someone doubts you.

What happened to community!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Arpz. I didn't even look at that! I was just listening to the audio content. So it's a cut and paste special on Windows Paint then?

Sketchy, mate. Don't worry about it mate. It's all a bit silly really. If you're happy doing what you're doing then don't get drawn in. If you wrote it and it sounds similar to something else then so be it. I listened to it and it didn't sound like anything I've heard before. But then again I hate anything pre-90s! I followed the link you your facebook page and watched a few of your videos of you making tunes and you gave some good things going on. Just do what like and don't feel like you have to explain yourself just cause someone doubts you.

Thanks for your input SmashingTheSirens! Yes I shall continue. A sharp ear someone has to notice the similarities though!
SmashingTheSirens To be fair it sounds like the old 3 chord trick you've used which in that progression will sound similar to a lot of things. Same with the big standard 4 Major chord progression. Especially in hardcore and EDM, route notes and progressions at its most basic will always like something else. It's what you do with your chords and leads that will make the difference. Don't be off put though :-)
DJ Sketchy
quote:
To be fair it sounds like the old 3 chord trick you've used which in that progression will sound similar to a lot of things. Same with the big standard 4 Major chord progression. Especially in hardcore and EDM, route notes and progressions at its most basic will always like something else. It's what you do with your chords and leads that will make the difference. Don't be off put though :-)

I won't, and thanks. I'm not that clued up on chord progression etc. I just write what sounds good to my ear. I use a NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard, which is awesome! I choose a key (on one occasion I used a BLUES key lol) and then I work out my bass line and riffs on the NI keyboard. Then transfer them to my synth.
arpz I've just had another look, it's not *that* bad I suppose but yeah, I wouldn't be using a watermarked photo myself...

I'm a bit down on him because at the end of the day it's just a bloke talking shit and making stupid noises on a mic and he acts like he's the messiah. I've made most of my thoughts on him clear throughout this thread anyway, and, as I said previously, no doubt I'll be shouting back at him and throwing my hands up come NYE
DJ Sketchy
quote:
I've just had another look, it's not *that* bad I suppose but yeah, I wouldn't be using a watermarked photo myself...

What are you referring to here, arpz?
Cyrax
quote:

I think the community on here is actual not that bad considering that forums are used that much and the demographic of UK Hardcore is mainly chavs, there is some comedy gold at points.

Where Sketchy has gone wrong is that no one cares if you're best mates with Storm, caddied for Gammer on the golf course or managed to obtain a lock of Cyrax's hair on ebay.

DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

I think the community on here is actual not that bad considering that forums are used that much and the demographic of UK Hardcore is mainly chavs, there is some comedy gold at points.

Where Sketchy has gone wrong is that no one cares if you're best mates with Storm, caddied for Gammer on the golf course or managed to obtain a lock of Cyrax's hair on ebay.

There was my mistake. I thought people would have been interested by my anecdotes! I've pretty much ran out of my 'safe' stories now anyway...
Elipton
quote:
quote:

Pretty much bang on the money there.

The first few posts you've made here have been lies and made up stories for a reaction. Be genuine, and people will take you seriously.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

The first few posts you've made here have been lies and made up stories for a reaction. Be genuine, and people will take you seriously.

I don't want to have to keep responding to people saying my stories are bull shiz. I don't lie! In my position I would get into serious trouble with those involved in my stories, if I wasn't telling the truth. The stories are harmless anyway. The harmful stories I'm understandably keeping private.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't want to have to keep responding to people saying my stories are bull shiz. I don't lie! In my position I would get into serious trouble with those involved in my stories, if I wasn't telling the truth. The stories are harmless anyway. The harmful stories I'm understandably keeping private.

The stories that you've told us are:
"I'm best mates with Hollywood itself"
"I'm best mates with everyone in the Hardcore top tier"
"I'm Jesus, and Vanessa Hudgen's pre-teen sister is my lover"

All false.

The stories you've held back:
"Someone said someone to someone, but it was too out of order to say - but trust me it was mental"
"My alter ego, Paul, said something outrageous to Brisk but I can't say"
"I've got loads of stories, but they might affect my career".

What's the point in mentioning them?

Here's the important part.
Just be genuine, and stop begging attention. Your opinion, your music and your tales are more than welcome, but we've seen it all here. Just moderate it. We're keen to hear what you can produce, we're keen to hear what you think about various topics, but we don't want horseshit attention seeking and 9 threads a day of nothing worth reading.
Triquatra all 11 of us
Samination
quote:
all 11 of us

don't forget the spambots
djDMS
quote:
all 11 of us

Better than 1100 with copy & paste opinions
Cyrax
quote:
quote:
all 11 of us

Better than 1100 with copy & paste opinions

yeah, better than 1100 with copy & paste opinions
djDMS Thanks Will, that's another tenner for me!
Triquatra I suppose it's time for me to own up

those lyrics I wrote earlier.

I actually just hit "randomise" on a random word generator, and that's what came out. :/
djDMS I actually wrote them.

It's just coincidence if they're exactly the same as the lyrics from another song.
DJ Sketchy One track, which we are actually in the process of writing, was directly inspired from a classic. I can't show it off though, as I will get in trouble form my producer.

I can only really show you that one that I did as a flavour of what we are doing. I won't get into trouble for that bass line being similar to a classic though. It seriously was a coincidence too. I don't sit here looking for songs to copy. I just write what happens when I'm sat in front of the keyboard. It's tough to write original songs!
Impulse_Response I'm looking forward to the album.

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit I'm disappointed that I don't get to hear your "harmful" stories.
maxgadd
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just saying.

You're just being ridiculous. I've wrote with Dougal & Gammer, nearly Breeze & Styles. DJ Sy was my best mate. Breeze will hopefully be releasing my singles on his FutureWorld label. I don't understand how none of this is believable for you. I was DJing with all the big names for a solid 10 years! If you don't believe me, fine. I won't waste any more of my time dealing with you.

You are like a hardcore version of that Creme Brulee fella from the league of gentleman.

I feel like I've logged back into ush.net reading this.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by maxgadd:
You are like a hardcore version of that Creme Brulee fella from the league of gentleman.

Fucking hell, I just snorted out loud at work when I read that.
"Everyone knew me round here, I'd walk in a urinal and heads would turn!"
arpz haha I never watched league of gentlemen but that quote makes me want to
Captain Triceps
quote:
haha I never watched league of gentlemen but that quote makes me want to

He's actually a fairly minor character but it really is a great, great show.
arpz
quote:
quote:

I do this thing quite a lot when people bang on about something a load I kind of rebel against it and then by the time it really does start sounding like a good thing I've already stubbornly decided not to watch it. I need to stop doing it really because I can't think of any time that it's really done me any good
DJ Sketchy
quote:
I'm looking forward to the album.

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit I'm disappointed that I don't get to hear your "harmful" stories.

Thanks Advather! It's a long road until it's finished, as we are only half way through track 2. So another year until we are close to completion.

I just can't go into detail regarding the "harmful" stories. Just understand that time is a big healer. I believe there isn't a single person in the Hardcore scene who doesn't try to get on with everyone.
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do this thing quite a lot when people bang on about something a load I kind of rebel against it and then by the time it really does start sounding like a good thing I've already stubbornly decided not to watch it. I need to stop doing it really because I can't think of any time that it's really done me any good

Yeah I'm sort of the same. I wouldn't say I 'rebel' against watching it, but if I want to watch something I'll watch it when I'm good and ready. I'm currently halfway through Breaking Bad, we can binge watch it through to the end without the fury of 9 month breaks between seasons.
Captain Triceps
quote:
I believe there isn't a single person in the Hardcore scene who doesn't try to get on with everyone.

I think that's a bit of a romantic view, anyone with Facebook and Twitter can see otherwise.
Maybe you should get on the book writing bandwagon to get your stories out!
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
I believe there isn't a single person in the Hardcore scene who doesn't try to get on with everyone.

I think that's a bit of a romantic view, anyone with Facebook and Twitter can see otherwise.
Maybe you should get on the book writing bandwagon to get your stories out!

What I mean is everyone in the Hardcore scene will attempt to get on with everyone, as everyone is innocent initially in the eyes of those in power. Don't get me wrong, someone could just take a disliking to someone very soon after meeting them, which could cause very major problems for those involved. I had a lengthy phone conversation with big name once, as they took a disliking to someone's behaviour to someone who I knew very well personally. So you need to be careful as to how you are treating people!

I can't see me writing a book about these stories. I just thought now was a nice time to share some of them :)
DJ Sketchy Just to add to complications. I had to keep my phone conversation with this big name private, especially from the individual who it concerned. Or I would have been dragged into the problem! You need to tread very carefully when politics are involved, and know when to keep your mouth shut lol.
Mickey Init
quote:
we can binge watch it through to the end without the fury of 9 month breaks between seasons.

This!
Mickey Init
quote:
Just to add to complications. I had to keep my phone conversation with this big name private, especially from the individual who it concerned. Or I would have been dragged into the problem! You need to tread very carefully when politics are involved, and know when to keep your mouth shut lol.

I know what you mean. Somebody once told me something, only somebody else overheard. When someone else approached me about this, they thought I'd said something to somebody. I told them that somebody told me something and that I wouldn't tell somebody else. Somebody else told someone else the wrong thing and somebody didn't get in to trouble. I did.

Captain Triceps
quote:
I know what you mean. Somebody once told me something, only somebody else overheard. When someone else approached me about this, they thought I'd said something to somebody. I told them that somebody told me something and that I wouldn't tell somebody else. Somebody else told someone else the wrong thing and somebody didn't get in to trouble. I did.

maxgadd My head hurts, this has to be a windup?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
Just to add to complications. I had to keep my phone conversation with this big name private, especially from the individual who it concerned. Or I would have been dragged into the problem! You need to tread very carefully when politics are involved, and know when to keep your mouth shut lol.

Yeah that's a tough one that mate.
arpz
quote:
quote:

I think I know who you're talking about

Mickey Init
quote:
I think I know who you're talking about

If you do, please don't tell anyone.
djDMS Somebody told me...

That you had a boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year.

It's not confidential.
Elipton
quote:

Hi, I'm Olly. We obviously haven't met.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

Hi, I'm Olly. We obviously haven't met.

Haha! Hi Olly. You know I dread reading your responses about me when I see your name tagged in a post that I am close to.
Elipton
quote:
quote:

She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb..
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

lol that looks like Rebel Wilson.

BTW, I actually forgot her name so I started typing fat Australian female comedienne and in the middle of typing Australian it already pulled it up for me. Way to go Google!
Captain Triceps Didn't know who Rebel Wilson was until I checked.
One of them lasses you'd perhaps slip a length at the end of a night out, but not tell your mates.
Samination
quote:
Somebody told me...

That you had a boyfriend, who looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year.

It's not confidential.

God I love that song. Needs a gabber remix
wong God i hate that song, hope there's never a gabber remix!
Captain Triceps I'd be surprised to learn there wasn't one already.
djDMS I'm writing an album before I leave the scene for good, might cover it on there.

17 tracks and I've had it with this game.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
Somebody told me...

It's not confidential.

What song is it?
MC Deecee
quote:
quote:
quote:
Somebody told me...

It's not confidential.

What song is it?

The killers - Somebody told me.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Somebody told me...

It's not confidential.

What song is it?

The killers - Somebody told me.

OH yea good song. Didn't a pop star cover this song, or maybe there was a UK hardcore remix? I swear I don't believe I've ever hrard the original, but a remix/remake of it.
Dy5oN
wong
quote:
quote:

No someone outwith the UK has bought it. Solid Hardcore background

is it weaver ?.... random guess ....
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:

good work on that michael mansion remix dude; absolutely killer

excited to hear more from you! :)
Skidzorz Okay I know this topic has gone far off from the MC Storm/AJAY issue, but how the **** was Storm allowed to play both of the Ricta memorial events if he had a hand in his suicide?

I get that Storm is entrenched in the scene, but if its common (slash insider) knowledge that Storm contributed to it, then him playing any of those events is beyond disgusting, and I can't beging to understand where someone's head would have to be at to let that happen. If I was friends with Ricta and knew that was the case I'd probably have tried to kill him if I saw him there :/...
skarr How was he involved in it ?

It took 9.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page