Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Car sound systems and hardcore.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Raver_Davie What do you guys play your music on in your cars? I've just installed two 330 watt pioneer 6x9's and they've yet to be wired up but I can't wait. I'm thinking of a sub but there's so many different types, I hear enclosed subs are good for dance music. What do you lot think?

Dave!
BAD_WES This is a very tough question to answer. First, you can get all kinds of killer subs, but i recomend no free standing subs. Second make sure you dont buy a killer sub, and have no money to buy the amp that you need to get the sub pumping. Make sure you know how to install it right too, if you dont have a professional do it, usually if you buy a sub and some other stuff install will most likely be free. Do make sure you have enough power in your car, or you have...shit i dont remeber what it is called...but rockford fosgate makes it and when your bass hits your head lights wont dim on you. I recomend looking arond for deals and sales, but also know your terms when it comes to ohms, mhz, dbs and so on. Check out www.crutchfield.com for a catalouge and they have some good deals too. The subs are up to you though. go out and listen to them and find out which one you like. And some are very expensive, and will cost you an arm a leg and most of your hhc collection so be very careful with the subs you buy. I do not know what to recomend, but i would buy Kicker or Alumapro. But it is fuly up to you.

"There is no spoon."
Xenochrome
quote:
Originally posted by STiWES:
Do make sure you have enough power in your car, or you have...shit i dont remeber what it is called...

It's called a capacitor. It's a vital part of any high power system. It can kill your battery if you don't have one. Make sure to have a professional install it, as they can be quite dangerous.

BAD_WES Thanks, i just could not remeber what it was called. Thanks alot.

"There is no spoon."
Xenochrome No problem. Welcome to the forum.

strychnine I've got a busted Sony Discman (with theoretically 10 whole seconds of anti-skip that seems to have been reduced to about 3 microseconds), powered by the cigarette-lighter and plugged via cassette-converter into the Clarion tape deck that came with the car, which then sends the signal to 6.5" coaxials in the doors (which again, came with the car). I'm far from happy with the setup but I'm a uni bum and I got other things to spend my money on.

i just bought my self a new 320W system for the house...my neighbours i think may well kill me, hehehehe
GregE

GET THAT FOOKING HAIR CUT!!!! (Dj UFO)
DJ Mouse my mate made his own,got 2 12" subs (can't remember the name) and built the box for it,sounds well nice :)
as for mine i got a kenwood mask,kenwood 4 way 6x9's, boss amp and 2 wharfdale 10" subs

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse
tezmate ive got a pair of sony 6x9 run off a 200w amp and twin 10in subs run off a 330w amp bass is amazing but keeps cutting out cause lack of power . hardcore heavens latest box set sounds the mutts nutz .

atomicb as many as I can pack into my old skool beetle when I get it :D gonna be amusing trying!

Xenochrome Oh yeah, my system...
-Pioneer DEH-6400 CD deck
-2x Fosgate 2" tweeters
-2x Fosgate 6.5" 3 way
-2x Pioneer 6x9" 4 way
All powered by a Fosgate 200 watt amp

-2x Kicker 12" subs
Powered by a Sony 600 watt amp

-Fosgate capacitor

All connected by Monster Cable

strychnine If and when I got the money to get some serious sound in my car, I wanna hook up 2 Technics SL1210s to the dash, a Pioneer 600 mixer in the glove, and a rotating stacker on the passenger seat, housing a collection of Sydney's best underground hard-dance DJ's.

It had to be done.
Raver_Davie ^^^ I've seen decks in a car! Ill have to scan the pic out of the magazine (that's Max Power, you might have heard of it). The turntables and mixer are actually mounted in a large mdf shelf and the picture is titled "got any backstreet boys, mate?" lol.

Dave!
Raver_Davie Thanks all!

I've been told since my car is a small engine I would probably need to change my alternator, or maybe even get a second battery in the boot.

Dave!
strychnine
quote:
Originally posted by Raver_Davie:
^^^ I've seen decks in a car! Ill have to scan the pic out of the magazine (that's Max Power, you might have heard of it).

Yeah Max Power features some crazy cars sometimes - our modified car scene was kinda tame before but now it's catching up to you Poms, Japs and Yanks in terms of craziness. I mean, what mental state do you have to be in to put a water-feature in your boot featuring a genuine, honest-to-Bob Mexican Walking Fish?

It had to be done.
BAD_WES Well, there are also record players in cars. Yes, i think Mic Jager from the Rolling Stones had one, or it was one of the beatles. the funny thing was that it was mounted next to the driver on a huge spring so that it would not skip, but it would hit the driver if the car shook to the right or left, depending on where you are driving the car in the world. (ok, yes i know the drivers seat does not change places, but you get tmy point right?)

"There is no spoon."
fazza you can get the dimensions to build the box for the sub off the internet. my mate made his for his 700watt pioneer and it sounds sweet!!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
Raver_Davie ^^^ Where would you find them Fazza?

Dave!
fazza not sure mate. ill ask him where he got them from and get back to u

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"
Raver_Davie ^^^ Thanks

Dave!
GregE was talking to a guy at the neophyte concert on sat night who was a truck driver, he has a full soney explode system in his truck that pumps out 150+db.....he told me it is what make work bearable :)
GregE

silver 150db is technically 13.3 times louder than a 747 plane so I dont think so since a 747 is about 110 db and every 3db you double the loudness.

The world record is something like 163db using a van that is totally fitted out with massive speakers...

Speaking from experence 128 db pop's out your front window... whoops :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Weird Fish And probably your eardrums would pop out eventually.....could it?

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!
silver Sure anything over say 105db will make you deaf

DJ Mouse i thought every 6db was double??

DJ Mouse
DiA i know someone who has bolted down a huge **** off speaker in his boot, and it does sound ****in excellent!

strychnine A couple of years ago one of the car-mod mags down here (Hot4s, I think, or one of its subsidiary publications) built as a feature-car what they called the Hellbus, a Kombi stripped down to the absolute barest essentials required for driving and then loaded to the gunwales with MTX audio-gear. It went on to become the first Australian-built vehicle to officially break the 160db barrier (although its record was broken pretty soon after).

Anyways, the cool thing was that in between all the speaker baffles and amp racks in the back was a small bench that you could sit on while the system was pumping. I don't think they ever cranked it to max while anyone was inside, but my experience with that seat had me fearing for my life.

It had to be done.
DJ Mouse i saw on a tv program once there was this van that was jam packed with speakers and they put loads of glasses on the boot...smashed the lot within a few seconds. if only i had a system like that in my car

DJ Mouse
GregE silver, it was measured withh a flat level meater, by my self who is a train occupation health and safety officer, please not that a lot of the measurement are taken from different places and orrintations in the car that usuallyresult in the bass being measured, however measuring on a flat level right at ear level measurs all sound levels includeing high pitched noise which travels less distance than bass.
and on the health and safety side of things any thing over a peak volume of 90db will do u perimant damage and an avrage of 80db over 8hrs is the legal occupation limit for where i live/work, u wont notice the damage till u are about 30 and u lose most of your high pitched hearing, (i always wear ear plugs when out..i might look like a bit of a knob but i still have my hearing)
and yeah silver thanks for bring back the nightmares of accoustic physic *shudders and remembers the pages and pages of maths equations*
GregE

silver ^^^ Thanks interesting post, all car's are measured on SPL (Sound pressure level), I don't know about your job and how things are messured there but thanks for the info.

Simon Doesn't Jonah lomu have one of the loadest car sound systems in the world.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
Raver_Davie
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
i saw on a tv program once there was this van that was jam packed with speakers and they put loads of glasses on the boot...smashed the lot within a few seconds

I saw something like that with a van on a Max Power video, inside the van they had 4 women with ear muffs on to see if it's true that big speakers make women orgasm!

Dave!
Broken Well.... .... .... Did It?!?!?!
The suspense is killing me!

GregE NP dood, there are several "weightings u can put on the meters that change the meter to read at the level that the human ear hears at (that is the human ear hears different frequencies at different levels), from my experance most measureing comps are done on the "A" weighting which measures reduces the levels of high pitched sounds, hence y these super cars prodominately have subs and lack tweeters, if they were measured on a level rating u scraching ya nails down the black board would whoop there asses :) + the fact that low sound travels a lot further and remains "loud" over a longer distance.
*feels like the HHC.com teacher* hehehe
later
GregE
PS any military jet air craft are much louder than a 747. 747 have big assed muffelers to reduce noise polution :)

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page