Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven (FEEDBACK)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay Starting a new thread for people to peruse; will use this for clips and further info going forward.

Hardcore Heaven (2016) - 2 CD + 40 .wav Bundle (!)

CD1: Mixed by Fracus & Darwin

01. Fracus & Darwin vs. Michael Mansion - Don't Let Me Go
02. Impact & In Effect - Close Your Eyes (In Effect & Darwin Remix)
03. Chwhynny - Still I Am
04. Fracus & Darwin vs. Strife II - Heartfelt
05. Nicholson feat. Niki Mak - To The Flame (Charlotte's Theme) (Technikore Remix)
06. MOB - I'll Be Good (2016 VIP)
07. Hyperforce feat. Cail Baroni - Too Late (She Cries)
08. Gregor le DahL feat. Allison Gray - Change (Technikore Remix)
09. Hotchkiss feat. Ceci - Shut Out Of Paradise
10. Da Tweekaz & Darren Styles - Heroes (170 Mix)
11. Reflux & Stu Infinity - You Gotta Know
12. Skinny & Darwin - Everybody (It's Time)
13. Gareth Emery feat. Janet Devlin - Lost (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
14. Michael Mansion - Another Notch (Dy5oN Remix)
15. Stonebank feat. EMEL- Be Alright
16. JAKAZiD - Amnesia
17. Reflux & Joey Riot - The Other Side (Macks Wolf Remix)
18. Rampant & Obie vs. Darwin & Ant Johnson - Twice Around The Moon (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
19. Technikore feat. Emi - Just Be (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
20. Fracus & Darwin - Keep On Reachin'

CD2: Mixed by MOB

01. MOB & Enemy feat. Nina - Iron Heart (HH Edit)
02. Nuton - Way Back Home
03. Joey Riot vs. Starkiss - Bang To The Beat
04. MOB & Callum Higby - Creation
05. MOB vs. Strider feat. Jenny J - Bring Me Home
06. Outforce & Hartshorn - Put Yo Hood Up
07. Technikore & JTS - Worlds Collide
08. MOB & Outforce - Now & Then
09. Stonebank - Who's Got Your Love
10. MOB & Klubfiller - Heart Of Glass
11. MOB - Never Let You Down (Callum Higby Remix)
12. Modulate & Obie - Believe
13. MOB feat. Lou - Butterflies 2016
14. Alex Prospect & Spyro - Up To No Good
15. TBC
16. Wasted Penguinz - Bitterness (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
17. Dougal & Gammer - One For The Ravers
18. Styles & Breeze - Into Your Eyes (MOB X Callum Higby Remix)
19. Klubfiller - Universe
20. MOB vs. Supreme & Chunky - Timebomb (MOB & Starkiss Remix)

Available to pre-order, now, at http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/

I actually do think the physical run will sell out, it certainly deserves to.

CDJay
ConnerIntenzifi Ordered alongside nu foundation and prospect albums first ones bought in years. Looking forward to Hardcore heaven.
Brainchild Made the pre-order!
Rodz90 Pre ordered! insanely good value for money and a great model for compilations going forward. Tracklist looks great and its great to see Up to no good on there!
Elipton Interested to hear some clips. The Fracus & Darwin CD looks far more balanced than the MOB CD, so I'm keen to hear the range on there
djDMS Fingers crossed that the appeal spreads to a wider audience
CDJay It's flying out faster than anything since we first launched the store which is a good portent. Our model going forward is reduced LE physical runs, followed by digital rollout. Cake and eat it too, stylee.

CDJay
DJGouda Tracklist looks awesome. I'll preorder it pretty soon, however what happened to the No Sweat album, it seem like it got removed.
Mickey Init Also pre-ordered. Can't wait. Noticed Dark Shadows 3 is there, too. I think that's a great, quirky little series.
CDJay Yeah, yesterday was pretty stressful:

As well as attempting to sign off everything on the HH album, in order to get it up for pre-order, I also drove to London to pick up Dark Shadows 3. Then had to race the clock on the way back, on a Friday afternoon, in order to get UK orders posted on the Friday. Why? Tracked 48; means it arrives Monday. Halloween themed release.

I'm fairly sure I was shrieking demonically during the drive home, and genuinely thought I was going to have a heart attack. I got back at 17:08. The post pickup turned up at 17:09. Chwhynny had pre-packed and labelled the UK pre-orders so we were panting in a delirious state of heightened anxiety as we stuffed the CDs in with the Royal Mail guy being far more tolerant than I'd be in that situation.

Another dream day at HU HQ.

CDJay
Mickey Init I'm actually a fan of the HH artwork so I hope we get a hi-res jpeg posted in the gallery on the HU site ; )

Good work, CDJay!
Mickey Init What's happened to the HU podcast, by the way? And the Klubbed Up podcast, does anybody know?
Dy5oN
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
What's happened to the HU podcast, by the way? And the Klubbed Up podcast, does anybody know?

I would assume that F&D have been too busy with the Blu-Ray to make any new podcasts?
CDJay The podcasts had to take a back seat to simple logistical, capital and time constraints.

There is very much a plan to do them again, and in a way we haven't yet.

Ultimately, it really was a choice between keeping HU alive / doing HH album / sorting Blu-ray *or* doing Podcasts.

We chose the former. We still value the latter

CDJay
whittle1 CD 1 looks immense. CD 2 I can't really comment on as I'm not too familiar with Mob so will reserve judgement until I hear it, but expecting big things!
Elliott The tracklist for CD1 - as far as I can see - hasn't changed from the preview version I've heard. That's good news because it's a good disc, even for a modern hardcore skeptic like me.

"Heroes" was one of the tracks I was referring to when I hinted at impressive licenses. Given the somewhat tense relationship between HU and the big dogs, I wasn't sure if they'd be getting any of the TWR crew on there at all. And obviously that was a big concern for an album that's supposed to be building bridges. Fortunately, the music that I heard represents quite a broad spectrum of modern hardcore.

Neither disc is full to bursting with big names like you'd traditionally expect from a Hardcore Heaven compilation but I don't think that's such a bad thing. My opinion of most of the aforementioned big names these days is well known. It's time to introduce people to the next generation. There are still some impressively big remixes on there.

I suppose at this point it doesn't hurt for me to say that "Still I Am", "I'll Be Good", "You Gotta Know" and "Heroes" were probably my favourite tracks on disc 1.

I'm still in my overdraft so I won't be preordering but I hope this does well. It deserves to.
arpz pre-ordered.

The unmixed wavs alone are a right result for the cost of entry
arpz I'm up for this but echoing Eliptons comment about the balance - the 2nd CD almost looks like a MOB artist album while the 1st seems to be far more what you'd expect from a compilation. I usually like MOB tracks so there's no reason to think it's a bad thing as such
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
The tracklist for CD1 - as far as I can see - hasn't changed from the preview version I've heard. That's good news because it's a good disc, even for a modern hardcore skeptic like me.

"Heroes" was one of the tracks I was referring to when I hinted at impressive licenses. Given the somewhat tense relationship between HU and the big dogs, I wasn't sure if they'd be getting any of the TWR crew on there at all. And obviously that was a big concern for an album that's supposed to be building bridges. Fortunately, the music that I heard represents quite a broad spectrum of modern hardcore.

Neither disc is full to bursting with big names like you'd traditionally expect from a Hardcore Heaven compilation but I don't think that's such a bad thing. My opinion of most of the aforementioned big names these days is well known. It's time to introduce people to the next generation. There are still some impressively big remixes on there.

I suppose at this point it doesn't hurt for me to say that "Still I Am", "I'll Be Good", "You Gotta Know" and "Heroes" were probably my favourite tracks on disc 1.

I'm still in my overdraft so I won't be preordering but I hope this does well. It deserves to.

It's the same, just edited down and with some finished tracks in place of WIP versions. "Still I Am" was very much in progress, production/effects wise, when the draft mix was done.

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
The tracklist for CD1 - as far as I can see - hasn't changed from the preview version I've heard. That's good news because it's a good disc, even for a modern hardcore skeptic like me.

It's the same, just edited down and with some finished tracks in place of WIP versions. "Still I Am" was very much in progress, production/effects wise, when the draft mix was done.

CDJay

Yeah, I figured that one was a pre-master at least. It's going to be a stomper though. It's got the spirit of the '00s flowing through it. ;)

latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
I'm up for this but echoing Eliptons comment about the balance - the 2nd CD almost looks like a MOB artist album while the 1st seems to be far more what you'd expect from a compilation. I usually like MOB tracks so there's no reason to think it's a bad thing as such

In fairness to MOB he's not doing anything that is out of the ordinary from the first 4 Hardcore Heaven compilations from Slammin Vinyl. There's always been at least one mix that looked like an artist album showcase, and those are the Sy and Unknown mix from the first 3 and Joe Riot from the 4th one. There's also the Summer Madness compilation which was nothing more than 3 artist album mixes. So the tracklist is a good representation of what the Hardcore Heaven album series has been.

Besides, if we're gonna have MOB come out with a far more diverse mix then you might as well add another DJ alongside him, throw in another pair for a 3rd Cd and then rename this project Hardcore Underground Vol. 8.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I'm up for this but echoing Eliptons comment about the balance - the 2nd CD almost looks like a MOB artist album while the 1st seems to be far more what you'd expect from a compilation. I usually like MOB tracks so there's no reason to think it's a bad thing as such

In fairness to MOB he's not doing anything that is out of the ordinary from the first 4 Hardcore Heaven compilations from Slammin Vinyl. There's always been at least one mix that looked like an artist album showcase, and those are the Sy and Unknown mix from the first 3 and Joe Riot from the 4th one. There's also the Summer Madness compilation which was nothing more than 3 artist album mixes. So the tracklist is a good representation of what the Hardcore Heaven album series has been.

Besides, if we're gonna have MOB come out with a far more diverse mix then you might as well add another DJ alongside him, throw in another pair for a 3rd Cd and then rename this project Hardcore Underground Vol. 8.

Yeah agree with what you're saying however I was still expecting to hear some recent releases from a few very well known artists on the album.
CDJay First 10 clips:

CDJay
djDMS Some decent stuff there, but they've just about all got the same lead!
CDJay I was somewhat limited by the necessity to use stuff already uploaded to Soundcloud. Similar sounding leads is nothing new (rave synths in 90s, supersaws in noughties).

CDJay
Elipton Really liked them
djDMS
quote:
I was somewhat limited by the necessity to use stuff already uploaded to Soundcloud. Similar sounding leads is nothing new (rave synths in 90s, supersaws in noughties).

CDJay

I wasn't expecting much different to be honest. I know (hope) that there's a lot more to come.
Sulphurik Stoneback - Be Alright sounds great. Have heard Who's got your love which is on CD 2.

Jacco Bagged. Now off to buy a CD player. lol
CDJay

I am very happy this is now online. Superb track, and he's even mentioned the album in the soundcloud listing! *doffs cap* *nods appreciatively* etc.

CDJay
Craig Cairney That's truly outstanding!!
Mickey Init One For The Ravers sounds like ice cream van music.
djDMS I was really hoping that the days of half good, half rubbish tunes were over.

Seems not.
arpz The Fracus & Darwin and Technikore remixes are wicked. (F&D edging it for me)

That Dougal & Gammer track is pretty wank though, lol.

I reckon it's gonna be good overall, at least 80% good anyway.
Mickey Init
quote:
That Dougal & Gammer track is pretty wank though, lol.

It's hard to believe it's the same guys who came up with 'All The Tears' and 'Kryptonite'. Look Back shuffled into my playlist last night - that's a brilliant tune that!
Mickey Init CDJay, how are things coming along with the finished product?
CDJay Interesting you should ask. I am sat in my car in a car park, with my mobile tethered to my Surface Pro, uploading the last ddp image. This is the second location I have attempted this from.

In happier news, it's nearly done and they have everything else. Well on track for delivery before release date. A bargain at 10 years off my life expectancy and further pummelling to my sanity.

It's really, really good though. As long as people take it for what it is (HU do a more commercial comp) I'd say it's the best thing we've done. Every aspect of it has been finessed and thought carefully about, and the result will be something special.

CDJay
Craig Cairney From what I've heard it's impressive. Just what the genre requires. Even people w/ just a fleeting interest in UK Hardcore should purchase as a matter of urgency.
CDJay

CDJay
CDJay All sent off for manufacture, despite loads of last minute flies in the proverbial ointment.

I don't think I've been as excited about holding a finished product since HU1.

CDJay
arpz
quote:

CDJay

Oooh I like that :)
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Interesting you should ask. I am sat in my car in a car park, with my mobile tethered to my Surface Pro, uploading the last ddp image. This is the second location I have attempted this from.

In happier news, it's nearly done and they have everything else. Well on track for delivery before release date. A bargain at 10 years off my life expectancy and further pummelling to my sanity.

It's really, really good though. As long as people take it for what it is (HU do a more commercial comp) I'd say it's the best thing we've done. Every aspect of it has been finessed and thought carefully about, and the result will be something special.

CDJay

Sounds good mate!
CDJay

CDJay
Mickey Init Amazing stuff! Good work, CDJay. I meant to ask, can you feature on the podcasts again when they resume? Also, what's the plan for album artwork for the HU store releases, past and present?
CDJay We're planning two more podcasts this year (AFAIK); one on the ten years tip, which was supposed to happen yesterday but didn't due to album and industry dramas, followed by another centred around the HH album. I'd imagine I'll feature lightly in both, but more likely the 10 year one. So I can whine. WHINE!

Next year we're completely revamping the podcast, which we'll get into later on

It should be markedly more interesting than it currently is, and less like others in genre(even though I think ours is executed to a technical standard fairly well clear of others already IMNSHO). Due credit to Cap'n "Radio Voice" Fracus!

CDJay
arpz Revamp sounds interesting!

Bring back printer news!

That reminds me, we didn't see an NG Podcast this Briskvisit :(
Sulphurik Technikore & JTS - Worlds Collide what a track.
CDJay In related news, it's looking like half the run will be tied up in pre-orders well before the release date.

We had some hassle with assets, so if anyone actually wants to be in the first "batch" shipped, I'd move fast. There's a genuine danger of this selling out, in LTD physical form, in December.

If you don't care about the physical release, there's no danger; once the hard copies get below 100 units left we'll jack the price of the release "proper", and subsequently roll it out as a digital product on our store, as well as other vendors, and shoot for mass market. If you *do* care, I'd move fairly quickly as this is already approaching >2010/HU4 levels of scarcity in a short timeframe.

We didn't repress the Mob & Enemy album and the last 50 copies flew out at a 33% hike, so this is not a drill.

CDJay
CDJay Did I mention the physical is a "step up"? We tried it with HU1, pretty digipak style, and more recently with the Diversions vinyl/USB release. This is a step beyond that.

This *is* a collectors item, and we genuinely won't re-press it.

CDJay
djDMS Finally got round to purchasing.

Better be amazing.
Vladel How long till we get the mp3's? The only reason I would buy the album is to get them and I dont fancy waiting months for them.
djDMS Says around release date on the description
CDJay It'll be the week of release; Fracus is insisting it's on "release day" whilst I'm suggesting to have it the day after UK peeps receive the album.

( He'll probably win )

CDJay
Mickey Init
quote:
It'll be the week of release; Fracus is insisting it's on "release day" whilst I'm suggesting to have it the day after UK peeps receive the album.

( He'll probably win )

CDJay

What does Fracus say about having hi-res album artwork available on the site for all HU releases?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
How long till we get the mp3's? The only reason I would buy the album is to get them and I dont fancy waiting months for them.

Don't worry. I think someone will poirate it and share it within the week.... oh wait I didn't buy this one :(

Sami, the world laziest Swedish Pirate.
arpz He's no doubt talking about the unmixed mp3's which aren't present on the CDs so kinda irrelevant :)
kazukism92 OffTopic, but, just asking, any plans to do an exclusive wallpaper for the people who has ordered HH?. It could be neat have it as a desktop wallpaper. *Just saying*
CDJay Nice idea! I'll get some sorted

CDJay
CDJay In stock, shipping on time. Egads!

UK peeps, order before 4 p.m tomorrow to receive on release day.

CDJay
skarr The picture on Facebook just looks like somebody has put it on a table and shone a lamp on it.
CDJay I blu tacked it above the uplights in the theatre room.

Running out of photo locations.

CDJay
Smoogie Do these have any relation to the old Slamming Vinyl Hardcore Heaven series from 10 years ago?
CDJay Well, they were a rebooted series of albums with the hh branding. So, yes.

CDJay
skarr
quote:
I blu tacked it above the uplights in the theatre room.

Running out of photo locations.

CDJay

Looks very professional mate.
Smoogie
quote:
Well, they were a rebooted series of albums with the hh branding. So, yes.

CDJay

Well it took them about ten year lol There where rumours for a Hardcore Heaven 5 to come out in 2007 and I guess that this one is the indirect and rather late follow up?
CDJay I can *always* count on you to make another thrilling evening scrabbling around on the floor doing post feel extra heartening

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

CDJay

Well it took them about ten year lol There where rumours for a Hardcore Heaven 5 to come out in 2007 and I guess that this one is the indirect and rather late follow up?

well there was Hardcore Heaven Summer Madness that was released a few years ago. I guess that could be considered the 5th one.
CDJay I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but we were originally working on that Summer Madness iteration in 2010/2011.

Also, Chwhynny's first album license was to a Sy mix on the mid noughties HH series, and the first ever RFU Recordingz album license was to the earlier noughties series.

(So *THERE* to anyone who thinks we don't have the pedigree and association )

CDJay
lewiscanon I have this album ready fir purchase when ma next work Pay cheque comes through which is Xmas Eve I gather as this week I have been busy oon ma holidays & have thankfully got xmas shopping underway just a few presents ti get. Once xmas has been fully covered I can think oon saving money fir some serious fun purchases onwards ti 2017. Nice tracks but I will have a scout oon singles. Any suggested producers that are not big names in the Dance market I should be looking inti as I have in the past focused oon known dj's/producers.

Hope ye all have a awesome Xmas wif Family & Friends by the way :)
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

CDJay

well there was Hardcore Heaven Summer Madness that was released a few years ago. I guess that could be considered the 5th one.

Not heard of that myself
Smoogie
quote:
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but we were originally working on that Summer Madness iteration in 2010/2011.

Also, Chwhynny's first album license was to a Sy mix on the mid noughties HH series, and the first ever RFU Recordingz album license was to the earlier noughties series.

(So *THERE* to anyone who thinks we don't have the pedigree and association )

CDJay

This one?

CDJay Aye, there's an update on this one called "Still I Am". We considered of spoofing "still.i.am" but thought better of it.

CDJay
CDJay It's started arriving on doorsteps, all feedback (good and great) appreciated.

Digital assets going out this evening, not part of site relaunch as originally planned but we had a backup plan.

CDJay

robertybob
quote:
Did I mention the physical is a "step up"?

Received the CD this morning, can confirm this is true! I was wondering if it would play music when I opened it (like a musical birthday card ...may copyright this idea!) but yes, I think everyone will be impressed when they see what's been achieved
CDJay Please don't copyright that insanely great idea.

I want to do it.

CDJay
arpz Knew I should've pulled a sickie
djDMS It's here.

Looks lovely. Will be listening and feedbacking soon ;-)
youngson
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
It's here.

Looks lovely. Will be listening and feedbacking soon ;-)

Me too. Love the way it jumps out at you and says listen to me now. Many thanks to CDJay for getting it out to me in time, now i feel like a cool kid.
CDJay *curtseys*
arpz Don't know how you'll top the packaging!

A jack in the box with 5 or 6 simplified melodies and the CD popping out on a spring?
Samination
quote:
Don't know how you'll top the packaging!

A jack in the box with 5 or 6 simplified melodies and the CD popping out on a spring?

make it act like a happy bday card that has sounds when you open the package? :P

Anyways, the pessimist in me is saying "Should I buy the album and dislike it?", and the optimist in me says "Should I buy it because I want to support the scene even tho I still dislike it?"?
arpz There's one constant with both options... It's 15 quid, do it
Samination
quote:
There's one constant with both options... It's 15 quid, do it

I will hate you if I do like it :P

The Wav's are still mixed right?
arpz unmixed wavs , mixed CDs. Literally the deal of the year
Samination !!!

*checks wallet*

... ****... I'll do it. I WILL DO IT LIVE
arpz Yes! Embrace the hate!

Update when complete!
Samination Order system is broke:

Notice: Undefined variable: line in /home/hardcore-underground/application/views/scripts/email/order.phtml on line 28

But ordered I has
Captain Triceps When people said it jumps out I didn't think they meant literally.
I love it!
arpz It's amazing ha...

Also, jakazid track is worth the price of entry alone!
CDJay

CDJay
arpz Can't hear the hiss on Iron Heart! Hurrah!

Ok maybe just a touch ... :D
youngson
quote:
It's amazing ha...

Also, jakazid track is worth the price of entry alone!

It's certainly a great tune.
Samination
quote:

CDJay

got a private email I can send you my reciept? it's all gibberish (as in code errors)
djDMS Be careful with that packaging boys, I've split mine already.
arpz Check your inbox! unmixed tracks dropped... downloading now at a terrible speed :D
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

make it act like a happy bday card that has sounds when you open the package? :P

Hey, hey, I made that suggestion already on the previous page!
djDMS
quote:
Check your inbox! unmixed tracks dropped... downloading now at a terrible speed :D

Nothing in mine.

Although I have won a lottery I never entered and got compensation for an accident i never had.

And who would have thought that so many Russian birds find me irresistible?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:

Hey, hey, I made that suggestion already on the previous page!

Did you patent the idea? :P
robertybob
quote:

Did you patent the idea? :P

Oh ha ha
Alexbturbo Certainly didn't expect the surprise with the packaging - something a bit different to the normal card & plastic combo :)

quote:
Check your inbox! unmixed tracks dropped... downloading now at a terrible speed :D

It's not on Mediafire is it?

If so I might have to leave it to run overnight (and hope for no timeouts / dropouts with MF) as that will probably take a good couple of hours based on 2 CD's worth of full tracks in WAV format and MF's usual DL speeds.
youngson Listened to both of these now, great album, I look forward to listening to it again. Some real stand out tracks for me.

Close your eyes remix is great,
JAKAZID's Amnesia is another great tune.
Nuton - Way Back Home - probably the tune of the album for me, i love this.
Creation and into your eyes remix is fantastic too.
I really enjoyed the Alex Prospect & Spyro tune, for me Alex Prospect can do no wrong atm!

And actually.. I think the Dougal & Gammer - One of the ravers is the first gammer tune I have enjoyed in around 8 years.

CD 1. Altogether i thought it was strong. (Admittedly I did skip the DA Tweakas tune, I think it's horse**** much like their other work.) However a decent selection none the less.

CD 2. More my style tbh, I wasn't a fan of mob until the last three years, really stepped up his game for me. This cd is really good, I like every song tbh.

My only criticism is every set should end with gabber, Scott Brown knows this and that's why he's king.

:)
youngson
quote:
Originally posted by Alexbturbo:
Certainly didn't expect the surprise with the packaging - something a bit different to the normal card & plastic combo :)

quote:

It's not on Mediafire is it?

If so I might have to leave it to run overnight (and hope for no timeouts / dropouts with MF) as that will probably take a good couple of hours based on 2 CD's worth of full tracks in WAV format and MF's usual DL speeds.

It is and took me 40 mins :)
Mickey Init Anyone got hi-res artwork? Best I could find is 220 x 220.
Alexbturbo Thought I'd try the link - bugger it's Mediafire with their DL speed limiting means 2GB = 3 hours approx. :(

Thought I'd start it anyway hoping to get it done by 1AM. Sadly, as expected, MF stopped responding and dropped the DL out at 6% with no option to resume :(
djDMS Took 15 minutes to get mine
Alexbturbo Hey, don't rub it in for those of us with crap internet lol

Sadly, despite living in a decent area of Surrey, BT promised Infinity work / rollout round here since early 2012 and haven't delivered - well unless you live in one of the new build apartments & houses being crammed around the centre of town a stones throw away from the main exchange.

As a result Virgin is now so oversubscribed that one of my mates found speeds during peak times are rarely any better than what you expect (2Meg) via a standard BT line round here.
djDMS The whole thing is an absolute triumph!

Sexy packaging.
40 Unmixed tracks.
2 top class mixes.

I must admit I was expecting to be writing a less than glowing review.

Hearing the clips I thought I wasn't going to like it.
Quick listen to the CD's on the laptop, sounded ok.
Proper listen in the car.....WOAH!

The overall quality of the vocal tracks is outstanding.

Think Claxton said somewhere about it being very mature and professional sounding - that's spot on.

Highlights etc to follow
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by youngson:

My only criticism is every set should end with gabber, Scott Brown knows this and that's why he's king.

Well that would have probably never happened on this album since Fracus loathes gabber and Darwin and Mob aren't all that well known for playing it. Brisk, Marc Smith and Joey Riot are other DJs that have ended sets (live or cd or digital releases) with gabber so perhaps when the next one comes out they can be booked to mix one of the CDs and include gabber.
Samination
quote:
quote:

Well that would have probably never happened on this album since Fracus loathes gabber and Darwin and Mob aren't all that well known for playing it. Brisk, Marc Smith and Joey Riot are other DJs that have ended sets (live or cd or digital releases) with gabber so perhaps when the next one comes out they can be booked to mix one of the CDs and include gabber.

clearly you haven't heard them play live as many times as I have :P

If they/he really loath it, why does it frequently appear as midsection in their tracks?
CDJay
quote:
quote:

C'mon; they finished at HTID USA 2015 with the Nothing There remix and Join Us Now

CDJay

Samination I will wait for the mixes before I will review it properly...

...but what's up with some of the track namings?

Is the Heartfelt track supposed to be mashed with another track? if not, I would've named it "StrifeII - Heartfelt (Fracus & Darwin remix)", or "(Fracus & Darwin vs. StrifeII remix)". Are ye hogging credits man? :P
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

C'mon; they finished at HTID USA 2015 with the Nothing There remix and Join Us Now

CDJay

C'mon, you know classifying Join Us Now as a gabber track is an insult to such a brilliant track, especially when it takes influence from hardstyle and not gabber. And yes both genres are similar, but they're far more distinguishable now than they were 10yrs ago.

And I could be wrong but didn't Fracus not like gabber at one point? Brisk used to tease him about it on the podcast and I think I might have even brought it up in convo with him years ago.
Samination Well consider all the tracks bearing Fracus name that also contains gabber or harder midsection always contain Darwin, it could mostly be Darwin who adds them
Alabaster Didn't the Hardcore Underground Store Sampler mix that Fracus and Darwin did end with gabber?

Anyway, I just purchased this CD today and am eagerly refreshing my inbox for those DL links. Do you know when it's likely to arrive? I can be patient, but it would be nice to know which side of Christmas I can expect to see it in the flesh.
Mickey Init I so wish "Lost" (Fracus & Darwin Remix) kicked CD1 off. For me, the mix takes a while to get going but the first Technikore track brings it to life. I just think that with this compilation being such a significant release in 2016, it needed to start with a BANG! Ironically, I think the first track would've made a good finale. Having said all that, though, it was the first time in a long while that I've listened to an album/compilation mix without skipping any of it. I know a great deal of thought is put in to tracklisting so I appreciate it just comes down to personal view. The mix on CD1 has a good flow to it and you get - at least - a couple of minutes for each track. I'm not fan of 20 second tracks on compilations.

I think the project is a great effort and I appreciate the work behind it. I would definitely welcomel a HH release like this each Christmas.

For 15GBP, it's a steal! The unmixed wav files make it so worthwhile.

Thanks again, CDJay and co.
Samination after finally listening to all the tracks (I won't rate the mixes, they are probably 1000
times better than mine :P), nothing on MOB's mix enticed me. Other than maybe the
Nuton track, that one was ok. The rest is basicly the reason I never liked UK Hardcore
inbetween 2007-2013. Fracus & Darwin's trackselection on the other hand, they where
definitly more up my street, even if it's just a paralell road to what I really like. Nice to
see only 1 gammer track on the whole album tho :D

Tracks I like:
Still I Am
Close Your Eyes (In Effect & Darwin Remix)

Tracks I could enjoy:
Lost (F&D remix)
Change (Technicore remix)
Another Notch (Dy5on Remix)
You Gotta Know (sounds like a Justin Bieber track, but for some reason I kinda like it)
Way Back Home

Tracks I Definitly did not like:
Up 2 No Good
Believe
Put You Hood up
Mickey Init I agree, Sam. That's why I didn't mention the MOB mix - it was fine, just nothing breathtaking. I'll give it another go, though.
djDMS I thought Don't let me go was a perfect first track to set us up for the rest of the mix. Nice, gentle start (and a beast of a tune too).

Enjoyed the MOB mix far more than I expected, definitely very few tracks I won't listen to again
trippnface I have only listened to the tracks off MOB's mix ( saving best for last ;) ) but

I like Now & Then ; one for the ravers and f&d remix of bitterness alot.

The rest of the tracks have that powerstomp kick and are kind of mellow i feel like ; and even one for the ravers & now & then are not straight uk hardcore; but of course fracus & darwin remix of biterness is on point; being the only true uk hardcore track of disc 2 imo.

the 3 tracks i listed have really good energy though; and one for the ravers isnt anything crazy but hey on the right track i think ;) .
Samination If anything, it took only 2 days to recieve my order from HU. What. The. Bloody. Hell? Did you use someone else than Royal Mail? :P

Either that, or CDjay knew what 2 CD's I wanted to order and sent them beforehand
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Alabaster:
Didn't the Hardcore Underground Store Sampler mix that Fracus and Darwin did end with gabber?

Anyway, I just purchased this CD today and am eagerly refreshing my inbox for those DL links. Do you know when it's likely to arrive? I can be patient, but it would be nice to know which side of Christmas I can expect to see it in the flesh.

If you're based in the UK you should get it two working days after ordering (presuming ordered before 5 p.m ) as we use a tracked 48 service.

I believe Fracus has been manually generating and sending download links at the end of business hours daily.

CDJay
CDJay
quote:
If anything, it took only 2 days to recieve my order from HU. What. The. Bloody. Hell? Did you use someone else than Royal Mail? :P

Either that, or CDjay knew what 2 CD's I wanted to order and sent them beforehand

On the admin side Royal Mail have been faintly terrible this year. On the collection, service regrade, and delivery side they've been far better. We're now on a zone sorted business letters/parcel service which seems even better than the service we had before. Obviously it still ends up handed off to local services in the recipient country, but from our end at least things appear to be in top-top-shape!

CDJay
Alabaster
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Alabaster:
Didn't the Hardcore Underground Store Sampler mix that Fracus and Darwin did end with gabber?

If you're based in the UK you should get it two working days after ordering (presuming ordered before 5 p.m ) as we use a tracked 48 service.

I believe Fracus has been manually generating and sending download links at the end of business hours daily.

CDJay

Excellent, thanks for all your hard work, can't wait to get my hands on it
Vladel Just started the download now but hell mediafire is slow. Says an hour and a half. If mediafire could give me the full potential of my connection it would take like 5 mins.
Jacco
quote:
Just started the download now but hell mediafire is slow. Says an hour and a half. If mediafire could give me the full potential of my connection it would take like 5 mins.

Download took me 6 hours!
CDJay Utterly ridiculous; we signed up for the Business option as a temp measure (it can create more than 100 single use codes a day) which has "no speed restrictions" plastered all over it.

Moan we shall

CDJay
Mickey Init I was lucky - 15 mins!!
Captain Triceps My fucking kids have destroyed the cover whilst I was at work , Mrs sent me a picture.
To say I'm pissed off is a massive understatement.
Samination took me at most 20 minutes aswell. Got a solid 1.5 Mbit/s most of the time using a download accelerator :P
Alexbturbo
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
quote:
Just started the download now but hell mediafire is slow. Says an hour and a half. If mediafire could give me the full potential of my connection it would take like 5 mins.

Download took me 6 hours!

At least yours completed - mine dropped out :( Emailed back to the address on the email the link were on but not heard anything as yet back with regards to a replacement link / options :(
GrahamC Took 30mins to download, if it had maxed out my connection it would have been between 4 & 6 mins for ~2Gb

I concurrently pulled down another 9Gb in the same 30mins

Just waiting on the CDs now :)
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
My fucking kids have destroyed the cover whilst I was at work , Mrs sent me a picture.

CDJay
arpz adoption?
Captain Triceps I have to tell myself, they are only kids, they are two and four year old girls and will naturally argue over pretty things, unfortunately I just wasn't there to stop them and wifey was in the kitchen, she sent me a picture straight away after giving them a right good bollocking (I would hope!).
The inner casing and CDs are fine, it's just the slip-case that is ruined. I'm pissed off beyond belief.
I'd post the picture but you probably want to see it as much as I did.
arpz My slip case arrived creased and shit, the struggle is real my friend ;)
Captain Triceps
quote:
My slip case arrived creased and shit, the struggle is real my friend ;)

Yeah mine had a nasty crease when it arrived. I'd be willing to swap though :D
latininxtc
quote:
My fucking kids have destroyed the cover whilst I was at work , Mrs sent me a picture.

Well you wanted those revolting creatures you're gonna have to live with the consequences. You can stil give them up for adoption.

Unless by kids you mean pets like dogs or cats then leave them be they don't know better and they're adorable.
CDJay If I hadn't met you, I would swear you were a Chwhynny alt account.

CDJay

Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:

Well you wanted those revolting creatures you're gonna have to live with the consequences. You can stil give them up for adoption.

Unless by kids you mean pets like dogs or cats then leave them be they don't know better and they're adorable.

I didn't want them. Both unplanned (by me anyway). Of course I love them more than anything but it still pisses me off no end when they break things.
I've got a cat but anyone who calls their pets "kids" is a fucking moron who needs to have a word with themself. Unless they are pet goats, then it is acceptable.
latininxtc
quote:
If I hadn't met you, I would swear you were a Chwhynny alt account.

CDJay

latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

anyone who calls their pets "kids" is a fucking moron who needs to have a word with themself. Unless they are pet goats, then it is acceptable.

I'll call my cat my child, my spoiled lazy child that doesn't really do anything. She's far better to have around than human kids. Pets in general are far less expensive and they'll never ever disappoint you in life the way a kid will. Plus if you get sick of them you'll have the luxury of knowing you'll easily outlive them and get new ones.

Anyone who has a problem with people treating their pets as kids are just jealous those people aren't living the misery of parenthood and secretly want to leave or drown their children.
Captain Triceps I know better than to engage in a debate with someone who clearly doesn't want kids. There are no winners.

What I do know is that every person I've ever known that has had the same attitude but ends up having kids anyway completely changes their mindset. If you're happy to pretend an animal is your child, carry on, just don't think people are actually jealous of that...
Samination
quote:
I know better than to engage in a debate with someone who clearly doesn't want kids. There are no winners.

What I do know is that every person I've ever known that has had the same attitude but ends up having kids anyway completely changes their mindset. If you're happy to pretend an animal is your child, carry on, just don't think people are actually jealous of that...

Well we all have been children. Except Latin, He just came to be as he is now :P
Elipton Steve is the site's own Benjamin Button
latininxtc
quote:
I know better than to engage in a debate with someone who clearly doesn't want kids. There are no winners.

I'm actually not entirely against having kids. What I am against is having babies, children, or any other kid incapable of feeding itself, bathing itself, dressing itself, and wiping its own ass.

So I would definitely consider adopting one about the age of 8, give or take a couple of years. Also that way they're at an age where they're grateful that someone would want them so they'd be less inclined to act like fucking cunts or risk being exchanged for something better. There's over 7 billion people in this world the last thing we need is to create more and utilize the ones we already have.
DjZelous

The birth of latininxtc
trippnface wow!!!

how about the next stage of hardcore evolution is EVERY producer doing their best Technikore impression?

Sorry; he is putting people to shame!!!!

Literally. all the needs to happen to save hardcore; is everyone start being as good as Technikore.

* Technikore needs his own disc. **** MOB

MOAR TECHNIKORE.

i feel like i just did a really; REALLY good drug; compared to moderately ok drugs.

I almost thought i was not feeling the hardcore for a minute. but nope;just nobody is half as good as technikore. Hardcore artist of the year and to infinity.

no lame trappy sounds; no shitty crunchy sounds; no slowed down powerstomp

pure; unadulterated; utter uk hardcore vocal bliss. A true hero of the scene.
PecheyTheLizard I havent got my CD Yet (Obviously, since im in the US), but i do have a question about MOB & Enemy's - Iron Heart (HH Edit)!

So im going through my WAV's right now, rendering them all into MP3 (For those moments where a mix just wont do me in c; ) and i noticed that Iron Heart has this weird long break of silence and then a riser, and then the "I have an iron heart" kicks in again.

I was just wondering if this was intentional, or im just stupid and don't know a thing about structure of certain songs, haha.
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
I havent got my CD Yet (Obviously, since im in the US), but i do have a question about MOB & Enemy's - Iron Heart (HH Edit)!

So im going through my WAV's right now, rendering them all into MP3 (For those moments where a mix just wont do me in c; ) and i noticed that Iron Heart has this weird long break of silence and then a riser, and then the "I have an iron heart" kicks in again.

I was just wondering if this was intentional, or im just stupid and don't know a thing about structure of certain songs, haha.

Listen to his mix and the transition into the second track, he uses it in that. The bonus is that you can scratch with it.

Edit: I forgot to add the album kicks ass! been listening to it all week and the quality is top notch through the whole thing, job well done!
PecheyTheLizard Oh okay, that makes sense!
It's funny, I got all of my CDs today, so that's cool! 10+ CDs, I don't know him I'm going to live with all of this ripping!
arpz I hate that you can't really listen and rip at the same time, that always catches me out lol
Vladel Had mine quite a while and listened to both disks all the way through. The fracus & Darwin disk is great as expected and if you were looking for a disk to show to someone we had lost, it might be a good choice. The second disk is an excercise in disappointment. Literally 90% of the tracks starts well and then either goes dubcore, minimal, big room or just has a lead that just doesn't fit. It's like great intro, great breakdown, great vocal, how is this track going to go wrong? Oh like that. Dougal & gammers one for the ravers is the worst with a perfect track until that stuttering shit. It's as if they make good songs by accident and then try like hell to ruin them. MOB was a horrendous choice for the second disk and beside the highlight being the disk sounding slightly mixed rather than blend-blend, the disk obviously exists to make the first better.

The fracus & Darwin opener was one of the best I've ever heard rather than one of those studio made crap intros. The song even makes you forget you are listening to a hardcore disk before the beat kicks in which may help for casual listeners. That disk flows and is so well made that the tracks you aren't keen on don't matter it's so well done. In terms of the singles, not sure how many I would buy individually but it doesn't matter when they are free. I think the model is great as it caters for both mixed and unmixed and for that I applaud HU. Let's do this format again but next time have someone other than MOB.
Jacco
quote:
Had mine quite a while and listened to both disks all the way through. The fracus & Darwin disk is great as expected and if you were looking for a disk to show to someone we had lost, it might be a good choice. The second disk is an excercise in disappointment. Literally 90% of the tracks starts well and then either goes dubcore, minimal, big room or just has a lead that just doesn't fit. It's like great intro, great breakdown, great vocal, how is this track going to go wrong? Oh like that. Dougal & gammers one for the ravers is the worst with a perfect track until that stuttering shit. It's as if they make good songs by accident and then try like hell to ruin them. MOB was a horrendous choice for the second disk and beside the highlight being the disk sounding slightly mixed rather than blend-blend, the disk obviously exists to make the first better.

The fracus & Darwin opener was one of the best I've ever heard rather than one of those studio made crap intros. The song even makes you forget you are listening to a hardcore disk before the beat kicks in which may help for casual listeners. That disk flows and is so well made that the tracks you aren't keen on don't matter it's so well done. In terms of the singles, not sure how many I would buy individually but it doesn't matter when they are free. I think the model is great as it caters for both mixed and unmixed and for that I applaud HU. Let's do this format again but next time have someone other than MOB.

100% Agree
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
quote:
Had mine quite a while and listened to both disks all the way through. The fracus & Darwin disk is great as expected and if you were looking for a disk to show to someone we had lost, it might be a good choice. The second disk is an excercise in disappointment. Literally 90% of the tracks starts well and then either goes dubcore, minimal, big room or just has a lead that just doesn't fit. It's like great intro, great breakdown, great vocal, how is this track going to go wrong? Oh like that. Dougal & gammers one for the ravers is the worst with a perfect track until that stuttering shit. It's as if they make good songs by accident and then try like hell to ruin them. MOB was a horrendous choice for the second disk and beside the highlight being the disk sounding slightly mixed rather than blend-blend, the disk obviously exists to make the first better.

100% Agree

looks like we on to something here. ..

also; the lack of AL STORM is unacceptable.
djDMS I have to say that despite being by far the weaker of the 2 mixes, the MOB Disc is by no means a disaster. Some seriously good stuff on there.
john scardy Pretty disappointing, but not a total loss. Lots of it sounds like it's been played on a kazoo... But Kazoocore seems to be the trend this year.

I read on here from time to time and seem to have a different view point to most of what's posted on this forum. I liked the so called dub core and really like hardcore that's taken influence from what ever's popular at the time... Alot of this album just feels like a weak attempt to go back to the naughties.

That being said I do like still I am, (the vocals awful
trippnface got ma discs; listening to the mix is far more impressive than scoping single tracks

and besides technikore murdering; fracus & darwin also kill things.

my favorite track is their remix of just be... what a ****ING BANGER

dy5on remix is pretty damn class; f & d remix of lost is A +

lots of really good other tracks too.

Chwynny should seriously produce more; WHAT THE ****!?!

a really good comp of current sounds; good job guys; and I hope there is more to come.

still gunna say **** disc 2 and those sounds should just die ;) I don't personally know anybody interested in those sounds. they bought this for disc 1; and people would have been more happy with disc 2 being like dics 1. I would be very suprised if giving those guys their avenue of sound helped your; or hardcore cause at all. i just don't think that style does anything for anybody. If they want it so much they should make their own album; wih full tracks like that.

I won't buy; and i doubt most other hardcore heads would either.

good job HU! <3
youngson
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
still gunna say **** disc 2 and those sounds should just die ;) I don't personally know anybody interested in those sounds. they bought this for disc 1; and people would have been more happy with disc 2 being like dics 1. I would be very suprised if giving those guys their avenue of sound helped your; or hardcore cause at all. i just don't think that style does anything for anybody. If they want it so much they should make their own album; wih full tracks like that.

good job HU! <3

I only bought it because of disk 2. Certainly 100% would not buy if both were like cd 1.
trippnface
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

I only bought it because of disk 2. Certainly 100% would not buy if both were like cd 1.

wow!

So you never liked or bought uk hardcore when it was at it's prime?!

really nothing about dics 2 reprents a hardcore sound I look for at all.

and a set that uses both styles will never be as good as a a set that just sticks to one ( imo) .... so i guess good on them for doing 2 vastly different discs ;)

Though I can't help but think this is actually why our scene falls flat on it's face compared to others. I just can't think of any other genre where they feel the need to attempt to appease so many different wide bases. in such a TINY outlet. I buy so many different genres and comps; and i can easily pick up 3 dicsers with 3 discs of fire.... just not inthe hardcore scene...

* also though; i need to rememeber this is not just HU ; this was a union with Hardcore Heaven too.
So it makes more sense....

but Daniel Seven would have rocked that shit 1000x harder ;p
youngson
quote:
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

wow!

and a set that uses both styles will never be as good as a a set that just sticks to one ( imo) .... so i guess good on them for doing 2 vastly different discs ;)

Though I can't help but think this is actually why our scene falls flat on it's face compared to others. I just can't think of any other genre where they feel the need to attempt to appease so many different wide bases. in such a TINY outlet. I buy so many different genres and comps; and i can easily pick up 3 dicsers with 3 discs of fire.... just not inthe hardcore scene...

* also though; i need to rememeber this is not just HU ; this was a union with Hardcore Heaven too.

And when exactly was it's prime for you? Because I will tell you it certainly was not in 2010 when you joined this site. I've been buying and 'liking' hardcore for many years now, I have a very large hardcore collection of which I am very proud of.

Your scene in America is different to here. I don't appreciate on you looking down at me for enjoying the slightly harder edged music more and I know for sure I ain't the only one. In fact, the general consensus from my friends here in Scotland was that CD 2 was in fact more enjoyed.

SPOOX Ordered mine the other day & downloaded my digital wav's yesterday :)
Not listened to any yet (although i really wanted too) as i wanted to listen to all the tracks mixed so i'm just waiting for the CD.
Also bought a few others in the sale to replace my original copies that are getting a bit tatty looking.

EDIT:
Just been speaking to a friend who also ordered the CD. Some of his wav files don't play so i just tried mine & some of mine don't play either :( My broken files are different to his. His broken ones i can play fine & vice versa.

Have sent a email reply.
Vladel
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

wow!

And when exactly was it's prime for you? Because I will tell you it certainly was not in 2010 when you joined this site. I've been buying and 'liking' hardcore for many years now, I have a very large hardcore collection of which I am very proud of.

Your scene in America is different to here. I don't appreciate on you looking down at me for enjoying the slightly harder edged music more and I know for sure I ain't the only one. In fact, the general consensus from my friends here in Scotland was that CD 2 was in fact more enjoyed.

MOB harder edged lol
Samination Harder than F&D, but just slightly. And youngson is scottish. I thought hew knew harder stuff :(
CDJay The whole point of having multiple discs on a compilation is to allow for variance in preference. Even if someone *hates* one of two, it's still a good deal when you factor in the 20 unmixed .wav files.

One of the biggest plagues faced by "upfront" UK Hardcore is baked in disdain and indifference towards people who try to do things. Established players sit safe on past accomplishments, in a far less tainted and dynamic era, and have to do a lot less whilst simultaneously taking far fewer risks even as their stature and guaranteed revenue streams make doing so far less of an actual gamble. I could make a fairly convincing argument that doing nothing is in fact preferential, as preservation of stature is easier without anything currently comparative.

Rather than this sliding into tit-for-tat disparaging of the few wilfully active elements in modern industry, can we instead celebrate that this has already nearly sold out? Over 700 in the first week, odds are good for this being delisted to rare (with appropriate price hike) before months end if not sooner. That's the fastest selling CD, or frankly anything, I'd wager, in the scene for at least 4 years. The feedback, whilst seemingly spikey here, is universally very good and clearly the project is hitting both a disengaged and casual market we've previously failed to reach. Digital rollout can now follow, for wider availability, and the "new model" is certified. UK Hardcore Compilation albums aren't dead.

Combined with other happenings in the wider industry, both in the UK and globally, we could actually be heading for resurgance, even locally. The plans we have, internally, next year are quite ambitious even compared to what we've done to date.

So, in the spirit of the season, let's be merry. There's actually something to celebrate

CDJay

trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

good job HU! <3

wow!

not even dude; sorry if those were my vibes; def not trying to talk down to anybody.

I am glad people enjoy so much diversity and you like disc 2; you know I am very opininated and loud abiout hardcore ;) ; was not necassarily directed at you <3

I think the prime was prob like 2003 - 2008 for me.

100% agree with geographical differences though.

Just shows how vastly different opinions are.

disc 2 almost put me to bed; the cheesy vocaly fast classicish disc 1 sound gets me super elevated.

looks like we just need 3 discs CDJay haha

trippnface
quote:
The whole point of having multiple discs on a compilation is to allow for variance in preference. Even if someone *hates* one of two, it's still a good deal when you factor in the 20 unmixed .wav files.

One of the biggest plagues faced by "upfront" UK Hardcore is baked in disdain and indifference towards people who try to do things. Established players sit safe on past accomplishments, in a far less tainted and dynamic era, and have to do a lot less whilst simultaneously taking far fewer risks even as their stature and guaranteed revenue streams make doing so far less of an actual gamble. I could make a fairly convincing argument that doing nothing is in fact preferential, as preservation of stature is easier without anything currently comparative.

Rather than this sliding into tit-for-tat disparaging of the few wilfully active elements in modern industry, can we instead celebrate that this has already nearly sold out? Over 700 in the first week, odds are good for this being delisted to rare (with appropriate price hike) before months end if not sooner. That's the fastest selling CD, or frankly anything, I'd wager, in the scene for at least 4 years. The feedback, whilst seemingly spikey here, is universally very good and clearly the project is hitting both a disengaged and casual market we've previously failed to reach. Digital rollout can now follow, for wider availability, and the "new model" is certified. UK Hardcore Compilation albums aren't dead.

Combined with other happenings in the wider industry, both in the UK and globally, we could actually be heading for resurgance, even locally. The plans we have, internally, next year are quite ambitious even compared to what we've done to date.

So, in the spirit of the season, let's be merry. There's actually something to celebrate

CDJay

for sure good news dude!

take a deep breath of success :D
Elliott Haven't got the energy to read through the thread because I've spent the last 6 weeks dealing with a big family crisis that completely ruined the festive season. But skimming through, people seemed to have enjoyed the first disc just as I did. Seems like a lot of people picked out the same highlights as me. :)

Ironically, I haven't heard the second disc yet because of aforementioned crisis. But I will do soon enough because I had a month-old PM waiting for me from CDJay. He generously offered to send me a copy. Huge thanks for that!

Also big up trippnface who offered to buy it for me himself!

All in all, a very nice way to return to the forum, especially after a difficult couple of months.
Elliott Big up CDJay for sending me the digital mixes today while I wait for the album!

Some of my favourites from disc 1 sound amazing now they've been mastered properly like that Chwhynny track.

Currently listening to disc 2. Based on some of the reviews on here, I was expecting much worse. Stylistically, I really don't hear that much difference between the two. It all sounds like generic modern hardcore to me. That isn't necesarily intended to be disparaging; it's just that, ironically, hardcore now sounds more homogenous to me than it did back in the supersaw era. Few good tracks that I'll be listening to some more. I actually enjoyed that trap track. I was just disappointed that "Heart of Glass" didn't turn out to be some super-cheesy Blondie bootleg.
CDJay
quote:

To clarify, he *did* and I'm posting it out today. The hero!

CDJay
martinj1985 Well what can i say lol..sorry for derailing the thread!!

01.Micheal Mansion - Another Notch (Dy5on Remix)
02.Dougal & Gammer - One For The Ravers
03.Chwhynny - Still I Am
04.Fracus & Darwin - Keep On Reachin'
05.Relux & Stu Infinity - You Gotta Know
06.Technikore & JTS - Worlds Collide
07.Gareth Emery Ft. Janet Devlin - Lost (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
08.Fracus & Darwin Vs. Micheal Mansion - Don't Let Me Go
09.Klubfiller - Universe
10.Hyperforce Ft. Cail Baroni - Too Late (She Cries)
11.Impact & In Effect - Close Your Eyes (In Effect & Darwin Remix)
12.JAKAZiD - Amnesia
13.Hotchkiss Ft. Ceci - Shut Out Of Paradise
14.Gregor Le DahL Ft. Allison Gray - Change (Technikore Remix)
15.Reflux & Joey Riot - The Other Side - (Macks Wolf Remix)
16.Skinny & Darwin - Everybody (It's Time)
17.Nuton - Way Back Home
18.Technikore Ft. Emi - Just Be (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
19.Wasted Penguinz - Bitterness (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
20.MOB Vs. Supreme & Chunky - Timebomb (MOB & Starkiss Remix)
21.Rampant & Obi Vs. Darwin Ft. Ant Johnson - Twice Around The Moon (Fracus & Darwin Remix)
22.Stonebank Ft. EMEL - Be Alright
Elliott
quote:
quote:

To clarify, he *did* and I'm posting it out today. The hero!

CDJay

TOP LAD

Weird thing is I already PM'd him and he didn't even mention that he'd paid for it. Really great guy.

Thanks for making my christmas a bit less shit bud!

Trippn for forum hero 2016. Good taste in hardcore too.
whittle1 I think it's about time that Jakazid got his own mix or compilation album released on HU. All of his tracks are so masterfully crafted and believe it or not he's a veteran in the industry, been going at it for way over a decade now (that is so hard to believe).
Dy5oN
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I think it's about time that Jakazid got his own mix or compilation album released on HU. All of his tracks are so masterfully crafted and believe it or not he's a veteran in the industry, been going at it for way over a decade now (that is so hard to believe).

Cillit Bang! Cillit Bang! Cillit Cillit Cillit Bang!
PecheyTheLizard
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:
quote:
I think it's about time that Jakazid got his own mix or compilation album released on HU. All of his tracks are so masterfully crafted and believe it or not he's a veteran in the industry, been going at it for way over a decade now (that is so hard to believe).

Cillit Bang! Cillit Bang! Cillit Cillit Cillit Bang!

I Second this! Gimme that cillit bang original mix please, lol!

Samination 60 minutes of cillit bang, and the grime is gone!
PecheyTheLizard I'm not gonna lie tho, but I honestly want a Kurt artist album now
CDJay
quote:

We tried to setup a new "Presents" album at the start of 2016; which JAKAZiD was supposed to be doing. 2 out of 3 mixes were essentially done! Getting him to actually *do* it, is something we failed at, again.

I think he's better off doing what he's doing, which is the odd sensational track that even we need to stumble across.

In a far more general sense, it's worth factoring in that potential and ability to execute are two very different things. Half the time that something sounds good on paper it would either not happen or turn out far differently than oft hoped.

We "started" this HH album around March last year, and it went through various models/names/iterations. In the end it took so long that the 10 years album fell by the wayside and was folded into this.

This year I think we'll be operating slightly differently. We'll be a lot more focused, but also insular. More to come

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
We tried to setup a new "Presents" album at the start of 2016; which JAKAZiD was supposed to be doing. 2 out of 3 mixes were essentially done! Getting him to actually *do* it, is something we failed at, again.

What was stopping him, if it's not too nosy a question?

Could you ever get Luna-C/Kniteforce involved with a HU album at all?
skarr Couple of questions, the album was released a while ago, and hasx APPARENTLY nearly sold out, so why is there a 'launch' party for it in Scotland in February? Also I thought it was going to be advertised on TV, why did this not happen?
CDJay The TV ad will coincide with the wider digital rollout, I don't think anyone thought it would have sold out in a month but here we are heh.

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

What was stopping him, if it's not too nosy a question?

Could you ever get Luna-C/Kniteforce involved with a HU album at all?

Think it's safe to say that he probably flaked out. With Sharkey bailing on his artist album after it's nearly complete, Joey Riot not making it to HTIDUSA when there was no reason he should have missed it, and so many artist albums and projects taking forever to complete (not including the kickstarter one), it seems like hardcore producers just aren't the most focuses individuals out there. Thankfully the end has justified the means in many cases when it comes to artist albums, but when projects come to a screeching halt it must be aggravating to those involved.
arpz I thought Joey Riot was due to visa issues, he seemed pretty on board with the initial videos and stuff... maybe it turned out he wasn't capable of doing the keep fit video. :D

Samination if JR has visa problems, maybe the US can't take his hardcore techno? :P

If Jakazid is like Nanobii, who i've met a couple of times, they are really just into making music. His appearance in the US last or previous year was his very first time behind decks, and Jakazid just does sets occationally from what I understand.
skarr So it's sold out then ?
CDJay There's about 40 left AFAIK, we're about to jack the price up on the last few and simultaneously make it available as a digital only product. Then we'll pull the trigger on getting it out to other vendors (which takes a few weeks)

CDJay
skarr how many left now?
CDJay Visibly I'd say there are ~12 in the lock up, and there are also 10 recently-signed ones I put aside a while back (3 of which are competition prizes to go out)

There's also a likely a few undeliverable returns, in the future, so some of them might be repurposed. Or signed and sold. Dunno.

Basically it's sold out, hence the price hike, but the digital-only variant has been available for a while on our site. Wider rollout in March, I think.

Will de-list the physical in the next day or two, so we have any remaining for posterity or bundles. Wish I'd kept another 50 for that, really, oops.

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
Visibly I'd say there are ~12 in the lock up, and there are also 10 recently-signed ones I put aside a while back (3 of which are competition prizes to go out)

There's also a likely a few undeliverable returns, in the future, so some of them might be repurposed. Or signed and sold. Dunno.

Basically it's sold out, hence the price hike, but the digital-only variant has been available for a while on our site. Wider rollout in March, I think.

Will de-list the physical in the next day or two, so we have any remaining for posterity or bundles. Wish I'd kept another 50 for that, really, oops.

CDJay

Did you actually send mine in the end? I never got it.

I wasn't going to complain because I was quite happy with the digitals but then I remembered that trippnface paid for it so I don't want his money to be wasted. Besides, apparently the CD bundle is quite attractive. ;)

Trip is still my favourite HH user of all time.

Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by john scardy:
Alot of this album just feels like a weak attempt to go back to the naughties.

Ironically, the real intention was actually the opposite: to make modern hardcore more palatable, especially to diehard era purists like me. Pretty much everyone at this point has made it quite clear that they have no intention of returnig to last decade (well pre-2012, really, because that's when things really fell off a cliff).

If this was marketed as a attempt to return to 2007, I'd be the first to get my pitchfork out. But it wasn't at all. I accepted it for what it was and found some pleasure in it as a result. It really only sounds poor to me by comparison to what I like but if I leave aside my predilections, I can enjoy new hardcore.

I've really gone off-topic from your message here but I've finally drawn a line under hardcore for my own sanity. Since HH (HU edition), I've leanrt to start treating hardcore as a whole new genre ("moderately happy hardcore"?) and appreciating it for what it is rather than what it isn't. It hasn't captured my imagination and my heart the way '00s hardcore did - and it never will - but I can at least enjoy it in the same way I enjoyed the occasional dubstep mix or track back in 2008. I predict that, like most people, I'll steadily drift away from the scene (no new purchases and certainly no raves). Hardcore is a genre you can't really keep up with without actively putting in the effort and I just don't love it enough to do that anymore. But there's equally no point wasting time slagging off the new stuff through frustration and misguided hope.

I'll probably concentrate on finishing my pre-2010 digis collection. Over 600 labels finished, about 400 to go (mostly half-completed).
CDJay
quote:
quote:
Visibly I'd say there are ~12 in the lock up, and there are also 10 recently-signed ones I put aside a while back (3 of which are competition prizes to go out)

CDJay

I wasn't going to complain because I was quite happy with the digitals but then I remembered that trippnface paid for it so I don't want his money to be wasted. Besides, apparently the CD bundle is quite attractive. ;)

Worryingly, yes. I'll jump on the office PC shortly and check the tracking info!

CDJay
Elliott
quote:
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Worryingly, yes. I'll jump on the office PC shortly and check the tracking info!

CDJay

Oh. :(

Well, let me know wagwan. I've had no end of problems with RM around here recently (last year, pretty much every holiday, even bank holidays, meant a 2 week delay here and Christmas was a nightmare).

The RM sell-off at mate's rates should really have been one of the biggest political scandals of the decade. I'm pretty ashamed to be British these days. At least we've still got Andy Murray, I guess. For the moment, anyway..
CDJay I can't find any record of posting, having checked [:([

Ooops! Going out tomorrow, with you Wednesday. It's the shiny!

CDJay
Samination shiny 'disko'balls?
skarr Just noticed mob isn't playing at transmission, you'd have thought hardcore heaven would have him headlining as he mixed the album but they haven't even bothered to book himy , why is this ?
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Just noticed mob isn't playing at transmission, you'd have thought hardcore heaven would have him headlining as he mixed the album but they haven't even bothered to book himy , why is this ?

I was up all night thinking about this!

skarr From the minute I saw the amateur artwork I thought hardcore heaven actually had nothing to do with this cd, this just kind of confirms it, surely if they had anything to do with it they would be booking the person that mixed disc 2 on their album at their events?
robertybob
quote:
From the minute I saw the amateur artwork I thought hardcore heaven actually had nothing to do with this cd, this just kind of confirms it, surely if they had anything to do with it they would be booking the person that mixed disc 2 on their album at their events?

Maybe he's washing his hair that night?
CDJay
quote:
From the minute I saw the amateur artwork I thought hardcore heaven actually had nothing to do with this cd, this just kind of confirms it, surely if they had anything to do with it they would be booking the person that mixed disc 2 on their album at their events?

Are you seriously saying you've actually seen/handled the finished release and it is "amateur"? You think that SV would have done a better job of it than a dedicated indie specialising in albums? Are you quite sure? It's a bold claim, heh.

Do bear in mind previous iterations were handled by external labels, too.

CDJay
arpz You'd think he'd be full up by now ...
skarr Lol I pretty much got a skin ed, seriously though , how come they don't book him if he mixed their album ?
arpz
quote:
Lol I pretty much got a skin ed, seriously though , how come they don't book him if he mixed their album ?

I have no idea. There's always the possibility that he's busy doing something else though isn't there? What sort of involvement do you actually want there to be anyway? It looks to me like the artists were allowed to choose a tracklist to their liking, we already know HU handled the actual production/manufacture of it, HH gave their name and branding... What's left?
CDJay Quite honestly, I have no idea why Mob isn't on the Tranzmission line-up and I agree it is weird. Unfortunately we're only touching base with them re: this album now as we prepare statements etc.

They don't follow hardcore as closely as in years past, so it's likely just a simple oversight.

CDJay
skarr They don't even know who mixed their album.
skarr Either that or they just don't give a **** about it.
latininxtc Or maybe they did listen to his mix and booked accordingly...
Vladel
quote:
Or maybe they did listen to his mix and booked accordingly...

Totally agree
skarr How has it sold out If it's still available to buy on the website? Sorry if I'm being completely stupid here....? But surely if something has sold out it means that there are no more available?
arpz Digital
skarr the cd is still available to buy
skarr It hasn't sold out
arpz
quote:
It hasn't sold out

Oh cool, guess that means people can still pick up a copy then
skarr
quote:
quote:
It hasn't sold out

Well yea unless these people have been tricked into believing there are no more available, ? Which surely wouldn't be doing anyone any favours ?
skarr
quote:
quote:
It hasn't sold out

Well yes if you liked being lied to and tricked into things
skarr Surely saying it's sold out when it clearly hasn't sold out will just reduce sales?
skarr Only 15 (000) copies left!
CDJay 99% of sales at this point are digital.

I think we've shipped 4 since I hiked the price, and made Digi available. Nit exactly promoting it either.

What's the problem? Lol.

CDJay
CDJay I'll delist it when back at HU HQ. Want some for posterity, after all. Thanks for the nudge

CDJay
skarr Surely the problem is your problem? If you go around shouting about how it has sold out when it clearly hasn't then surely that's gonna put people off potentially buying it and actually making it sell out?
CDJay edit: expanded below.

I struggle to see the problem.

CDJay

CDJay I'm assuming the root of this is that you think we're not a credible source for units remaining.

So....... let's play "the logic game".

IF there were significant units left, a normal move would be to drop the price. No? Knock 33% off or something.

IF there were significant units left, and monies tied up in them, it would make sense to sell through rather than put out a digital-only alternative.

IF there were significant units left, there would be some sort of advertising to retain awareness.

Rather than any of the above, the price was hiked, digital only made available on our store, we're running into lead-times through our broker to get out to other vendors, and I've announced we're compiling a new album with a 2 week deadline.

So, for the grand prize....... Are there loads of units left?

Now go and try to buy some other things I said were low stock (HU1, HU2, HU4, HU Presents 2010).

CDJay
djDMS Very well explained.

Although a simple 'shut up, you arsehole' would also have done the trick
skarr
quote:
I'm assuming the root of this is that you think we're not a credible source for units remaining.

So....... let's play "the logic game".

IF there were significant units left, a normal move would be to drop the price. No? Knock 33% off or something.

IF there were significant units left, and monies tied up in them, it would make sense to sell through rather than put out a digital-only alternative.

IF there were significant units left, there would be some sort of advertising to retain awareness.

Rather than any of the above, the price was hiked, digital only made available on our store, we're running into lead-times through our broker to get out to other vendors, and I've announced we're compiling a new album with a 2 week deadline.

So, for the grand prize....... Are there loads of units left?

Now go and try to buy some other things I said were low stock (HU1, HU2, HU4, HU Presents 2010).

CDJay

Who said anything about there being significant units left ? It hasn't sold out, it hasn't even anywhere near sold out, I may be an arsewhole but at least I'm not trying to pretend something isn't available when it clearly is ?
skarr Lol @ 'are there loads of units left ' if I was to hazard a guess then I'd say yes there probably is ........
CDJay Oh dear, you didn't do very well at the logic game

You can guess all you want, but we did a stock check at the end of January and.... there aren't many units left.

As I noted, I hiked the price on the few remaining and put out a digital version early. Cancelled all further advertising, as we couldn't get digital roll-out accelerated beyond our store in a sensible timeline.

Actions speak louder than words, facts louder than speculation.

It's sold out.

Still, what would I know? I just post them out and store stock where I live.

Essentially you're now just calling me a liar, when I've just directed you to other projects I have said this about before. Won't be hard to fact-check whether I was lying before, eh?

CDJay
skarr It hasn't sold out
skarr
quote:
Oh dear, you didn't do very well at the logic game

You can guess all you want, but we did a stock check at the end of January and.... there aren't many units left.

It's sold out.

CDJay

doesn't make sense?

skarr forgive me for not being 'logical ' when I have been told there aren't many units left of something that has sold out that is still available to buy on your website?
arpz It does make sense - you can't buy it in physical form now because he's taken it off the store. There are a few copies left in his possession which are to be kept 'for posterity' which I assume means for random giveaways/collectors needing a copy/etc.

What do you think is really happening here? That he's telling lies about it being sold out to try and act like it was more popular than it is or what?
skarr Literally just taken it off the store like literally just now, so it must have just sold out like a minute ago?
CDJay So, we'll start with it vanishing from the store. Didn't I just say I'd remove if so we had a very few copies left for posterity? I believe I did. Even thanked you for the nudge, as I'd meant to do it a while ago.

I'm going to assume you've seen "Speed".

Pop Quiz, hotshot, someone from Russia ordered one of the last few copies available at the princely sum of 20 british pounds. The parcel gets lost, or arrives damaged, and you need to send out a replacement copy. What do you do, Jack? What do you do?

Ultimately though, what *are* you trying to do here? It's clearly sold well, and been well received, so is this some sort of feline thread compulsion you're working out?

I'm working on a follow up album now. Guess why?

CDJay

djDMS
quote:

CDJay

Ooh, can I guess?

Is it so bellends with no knowledge of how anything works can keep having snidey digs at you?
CDJay How did you know?!

CDJay
skarr
quote:
So, we'll start with it vanishing from the store. Didn't I just say I'd remove if so we had a very few copies left for posterity? I believe I did. Even thanked you for the nudge, as I'd meant to do it a while ago.

I'm going to assume you've seen "Speed".

Pop Quiz, hotshot,........If I was in anyway interested in any sort of 'pop' then I would be at clubland weekender.?.?.? What do you do, Jack? What do you do?........ Hit the road obviously.

Because slammin vinyl still aren't toosure who mixed the last one?
CDJay

skarr And it hasn't clearly sold well, you've just said that it has ?
CDJay Surely even you can see how circular this will be?

The only people who have access to the facts you crave are us. You clearly don't want to listen to us, even when supplied with fairly obvious supporting actions in line with what we say.

So what's the point?

I say it sold what our most optimistic projections said would take 3 months, in 3 weeks. Then increased the price and brought digital release forward. What else do you need to satiate you?

Also.... Newsflash, just in: You clearly don't care either.

For anyone else who *does*, we're adding 50% to the production run for the next album. I still anticipate it selling through in a similar timeline.

CDJay
skarr
quote:
Surely even you can see how circular this will be?

The only people who have access to the facts you crave are us. You clearly don't want to listen to us, even when supplied with fairly obvious supporting actions in line with what we say.

So what's the point?

I say it sold what our most optimistic projections said would take 3 months, in 3 weeks. Then increased the price and brought digital release forward. What else do you need to satiate you?

Also.... Newsflash, just in: You clearly don't care either.

For anyone else who *does*, we're adding 50% to the production run for the next album. I still anticipate it selling through in a similar timeline.

CDJay

What does selling through mean ? Same as selling out? 'CDJay could be found at multiple times brandishing a copy of Hardcore Heaven and opening it at people like it was a 3D access all areas pass :D 'The album didn't sell out mate. End of story.
CDJay Wow, getting increasingly concerned about your mental health.

So... me taking an open copy of a *sell out album*, with unique packaging concept, and brandishing it around industry types is your proof to the contrary?

I think my wife has an artist copy, too!

You're right, I'm clearly deluding myself.

CDJay
Claxton Decent album. I'd like it more if it sold out though.
CDJay As an act of charity, and to keep Skarr from needing any more tissues, I will sell you the last 10 copies for ?4500.

Then we can move on.

CDJay

CDJay P.S: When I told Slipmatt, Ham, Force and Luna-c it was a sell out album they didn't get out the electric nipple clamps. Weird that such naive innocent babes of industry took it at face value.

It's almost like I had earned some sort of industry credibility.

You should wake them up before I hoodwink them all!

CDJay
Vladel Ok for anyone who isn't sure what happened the last couple of pages on this thread:

Skarr is either on a period or being a dick. Now a period is a natural thing that no one can help but being a dick is voluntary. So it either blows over in a couple of days or skarr is just really a dick.
skarr
quote:
P.S: When I told Slipmatt, Ham, Force and Luna-c,

CDJay

What where their opinions on it after they had listened to it?
skarr
quote:
quote:
P.S: When I told Slipmatt, Ham, Force and Luna-c,

CDJay

What were their opinions on it after they had listened to it?

CDJay The album? They couldn't, as I had no spare copies to give them. Sold out, you see. Listening to me? Inspired, aroused and honoured presumably.

CDJay
skarr please excuse my spelling mistakes.
skarr
quote:
The album?

CDJay

Eeeeeerrrrrr no the other thing we were talking about?!?! I bet slipmat , force, luna c and ham were borderline suicidal after trying to buy a copy of a sold out album that they then seen you running around a rave with.
CDJay Yes, I agree it would be very weird for the guy who project managed an album to have an open copy to demonstrate to industry peers after it was sold out.

That would be unheard of. No-one has ever withdrawn an album from general sale and kept a few opened copies.

CDJay
Elliott @CDJay: I got it in the end, thanks (about a week ago). :)

The design is awesome! Not very practical but a brilliant surprise when I first opened it up!
CDJay Please don't send it back, I already have to hide 14,000 copies in case Skarr starts an audit.

CDJay
skarr
quote:
Yes, I agree it would be very weird for the guy who project managed an album to have an open copy to demonstrate to industry peers after it was sold out.

That would be unheard of. No-one has ever withdrawn an album from general sale and kept a few opened copies.

CDJay

Who said anything about anything being weird ? Nothing weird about something being sold out that doesn't have many units left but is still available to buy, makes perfect sense.
So what we're theire thoughts on it, after they had more than surely listened to it, after they had seen you running around with it ?
CDJay As pretty as the packaging is, I couldn't afford the neural link download add-on.

They saw the packaging, of the sold out album, and said it was really f***ing cool. It didn't sprout tendrils and send music through them. Maybe on the one after next; I've wasted too much time talking to you to even sort the audio chip I wanted on Vol 2.

CDJay
arpz
quote:
As pretty as the packaging is, I couldn't afford the neural link download add-on.

They saw the packaging, of the sold out album, and said it was really f***ing cool. It didn't sprout tendrils and send music through them. Maybe on the one after next; I've wasted too much time talking to you to even sort the audio chip I wanted on Vol 2.

CDJay

I would actually buy one that had birthday card style clips when you opened it...
CDJay I looked into it; readily available it exceeds the available space. It might be possible in the future.

Not that we have one, as clearly this album *Tanked* and I am pretending we sold albums we didn't and I totally ate them all coz I am a big fat liar and Skarr is going to win at Disney.

CDJay
skarr
quote:
I looked into it; readily available it exceeds the available space. It might be possible in the future.

Not that we have one, as clearly this album *Tanked* and I am pretending we sold albums we didn't and I totally ate them all coz I am a big fat liar and Skarr is going to win at Disney.

CDJay

Come on mate I know it sold out really, like really really genuinely really, as in not many units left, sold out and still available really, and that luna c , slipmat, force and ham all thought it was really ****in cool. Of course that's what they thought man, we all know that.
CDJay It's odd that the only sane thing you've said is through an attempt at sarcasm. Dead on. You should recalibrate.

Don't believe me? Ask them.

CDJay
skarr
quote:
It's odd that the only sane thing you've said is through an attempt at sarcasm. Dead on. You should recalibrate.

Don't believe me? Ask them.

CDJay

I don't need to ask them , you've told me therefore it's true, I have nothing but belief in absolutely everything you say, you said that something with limited units left has sold out and is still available to buy, how can one not trust in that ?
CDJay You do realise you sound like a colossal lunatic, yeah?

Scan back; I said "essentially sold out". Then jacked the price, and offered a cheaper digital only alternative

Pedantry requires careful attention.

I am unsure how many other ways to explain this to you but, trapping me in a lie, as some sort of Ally Mcbeal tribute act, it clearly requires both wit you lack *and* reality to fold into itself to your advantage.

I fear this is not going to happen no matter how many times you post.

I will give you this; I thought you'd run away after last night. I underestimated your resolve! Also overestimated your ability to reason, but I admire the spirit if... nothing else.

CDJay

skarr
quote:
You do realise you sound like a colossal lunatic, yeah?
Yes, yes I do realise that,
Scan back; I said "essentially sold out". Then jacked the price, and offered a cheaper digital only alternative

I am unsure how many other ways to explain this to you, but trapping me in a lie, as some sort of Ally Mcbeal tribute act, requires both wit you lack *and* reality to fold into itself to your advantage.

I will give you this; I thought you'd run away after last night. I underestimated your resolve! Also overestimated your ability to reason, but I admire the spirit if... nothing else.
This is what I also admire about you too, all the best mate xx
CDJay

skarr
quote:
You do realise you sound like a colossal lunatic, yeah?

I am unsure how many other ways to explain this to you but, trapping me in a lie, as some sort of Ally Mcbeal tribute act, it clearly requires both wit you lack *and* reality to fold into itself to your advantage.

CDJay

Also I have never seen Ally Mcbeal, as the shop that had limited units left when I went to buy the dvd had sold out but still had some available, they also hiked the price of the sold out item to make it clear that it had sold out.
Impulse_Response I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense, CDJay. I hope it doesn't ruin your week.
Slipmatt Yet another excellent album from the CDJay stable! Just gutted he didn't ask me to do a remix for it :(

Maybe next time... nice one guys, and great to see you at the weekend :)
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Slipmatt:
Yet another excellent album from the CDJay stable! Just gutted he didn't ask me to do a remix for it :(

Maybe next time... nice one guys, and great to see you at the weekend :)

Are you the real DJ Slipmatt?
CDJay Hahaha, yes. Skarr has gone viral!

CDJay
Slipmatt Lol - yes it is thedjslipmatt :)
robertybob
quote:
I've wasted too much time talking to you to even sort the audio chip I wanted on Vol 2.

CDJay

Hey, don't forget whose idea that was ;)
robertybob
quote:
Lol - yes it is thedjslipmatt :)

Space was a great trance track! Was there ever a hardcore version?
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:

Space was a great trance track! Was there ever a hardcore version?

I have heard a remix on a compilation from around 2007. Was a 'Rave Breaks' remix

Also, Slipmatt have you heard any of the Hard House coming out lately?
trippnface
quote:

give us your love!
arpz Looks like Slipmatt had the last word on the matter :)
Elipton Egg on skarr's face.

Can't say I'm surprised, though. You're very transparent with how you run HU. Someone is always going to get the wrong end of the stick.

Not heard the album yet, but it's encouraging that it's done well.
CDJay The whole thing is madness; we're sending out industry wide statements with units and costings. Does anyone *really* think we can claim something and it go unchallenged if false?

I *wish* I lived in that hugbox

CDJay
latininxtc Lol this back and forth between Jon and skarr is so entertaining!

Reminds me of the time Ellipton tried to call out Obie for not socializing with ravers only for it to completely backfire on him!
Elipton
quote:

Reminds me of the time Ellipton tried to call out Obie for not socializing with ravers only for it to completely backfire on him!

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that.
Samination Sadly, even if you didn't say those words, you made it look like Obie was a twat.
skarr Slipmat, what were you're 2 favourite tunes off the mob cd and what was it you liked about them ?
skarr God I've so been put in my place ! I'm sorry for thinking that something with limited units left that had the price hiked that was still available had'nt sold out!
CDJay Essentially sold out. Remember? What will it actually take for sanity to intrude?

Remember: I've supplied sales statements to everyone on the album now. If you're even kind of right surely you can find one person to confirm your demeted agenda?

CDJay
skarr I often forget that 'ESSENTIALLY ' Means completely, it's about as sold out as the last W.A.H At the O2 in Liverpool was, but you made industry statements and there has never been a statement made in the music industry that has been false, FACT !
CDJay Oh dear.

Utilisation of "essentially" as a quantifier implies exactly that. Don't rely on it, for any significant duration.

"Essentially sold out" means it's nearly sold out, don't plan on future availability.

If you're going to keep on this circular track, please, please, please point at the bit where I've in any way contradicted myself.

You're trying to catch me on a technicality, but don't seem to understand the language or timing of the "net" you're using.

Do yourself a favour. Walk away. There is no planet on which anyone reading this, even you, actually for a fraction of a second believes I've transgressed, lied, misrepresented or whatever the hell you're baiting for.

You're wasting your, and our, time. If you can find a sentient vaguely credible human, without serious demonstrable brain damage, to actually engage in tandem on your bicycle ride of self-flagellation I'll engage again. Otherwise, I'll just move onto the next album I plan to sell out, probably "essentially" before it actually does. On schedule. Like clockwork..... medication? No?

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
Oh dear.

Utilisation of "essentially" as a quantifier implies exactly that. Don't rely on it, for any significant duration.

"Essentially sold out" means it's nearly sold out, don't plan on future availability.

If you're going to keep on this circular track, please, please, please point at the bit where I've in any way contradicted myself.

You're trying to catch me on a technicality, but don't seem to understand the language or timing of the "net" you're using.

Do yourself a favour. Walk away. There is no planet on which anyone reading this, even you, actually for a fraction of a second believes I've transgressed, lied, misrepresented or whatever the hell you're baiting for.

You're wasting your, and our, time. If you can find a sentient vaguely credible human, without serious demonstrable brain damage, to actually engage in tandem on your bicycle ride of self-flagellation I'll engage again. Otherwise, I'll just move onto the next album I plan to sell out, probably "essentially" before it actually does. On schedule. Like clockwork..... medication? No?

CDJay

This is one of those times you might be better using normal people words...

drewonfire Well... this has been an entertaining 10minutes of catching up on this post. I'm a little confused how this dialogue has gone on for so long? CDJay has nothing to prove, everyone understands what was said, I think Skarr is just trolling for trolling sake!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by drewonfire:
Well... this has been an entertaining 10minutes of catching up on this post. I'm a little confused how this dialogue has gone on for so long? CDJay has nothing to prove, everyone understands what was said, I think Skarr is just trolling for trolling sake!

Skarr is definitely the worst troll on here now that there's a bit of competition. I've genuinely cringed a few times reading his posts, particularly on this thread. Desperately sad stuff.
Samination I guess people miss USH that much :P
CDJay It's a testament to my stress levels, and work hours, that replying to this thread has constituted "down time"

I *know* you shouldn't feed the troll, but he dances for scraps so endearingly that I just can't help myself.

CDJay
djDMS Is it trolling though?

Some people are genuinely arseholes in real life too.
skarr When are we going to get to see the t . v advert ?
CDJay Yay, a new thread of baiting.

We cancelled it because it was already nearly sold out by the time it was planned to be broadcast. We spent a couple of hundred pounds on FB and that seemed to be enough. Our digital store wasn't ready, and our digital broker has a minimum 4 week lead time.

We'll do one next time, instead. If that's okay with you? We're doing more units, so it's worthwhile.

CDJay
skarr but surely the advert was already filmed as you said it was going to be on t v ? Let's have a look at the advert you cancelled?:
CDJay It wasn't "filmed" it used stock footage of F&D and Mob at various gigs near the time (primarly "The Order" and Fracus & Darwin @ Westfest).

We never got as far as finalising it, and getting it ready for broadcast, because it was clear from fairly early on we wouldn't need to.

We had been using the rule of thirds; we expect to do a third in pre-sales and first week sales, a third in the next three months, and then the rest trickling out over time.

We wanted to sell this through faster, and aimed for three months. Well over half went before release date.

This is all cripplingly obvious, and publically documented, stuff.

I still don't really see what you're trying to do, tbh. I've essentially confirmed that we're working on a follow up, and the previous one is no longer available for sale. You can bleat on about SV and their scene attentions, but would they have agreed to have us do another one so soon if it hadn't sold out and performed above expectation? Clearly not.

Still, I'm sure you're chomping at the bit in anticipation of snarkily commentating on every aspect of another volume already. Take a nap, it'll get announced shortly

CDJay
skarr
quote:

You can bleat on about SV and their scene attentions

CDJay

So why have they chose to not book the people, that have mixed their album, at their raves ?
CDJay Still not had a chance to ask, likely oversight. It happens.

Mob got to play main stage at westfest the year after winning the breakthrough award, whilst f&d are the only act ever not to play at the party they won theirs, so... c'est la vie.

CDJay
skarr
quote:
Still not had a chance to ask, likely oversight. It happens.

Mob got to play main stage at westfest the year after winning the breakthrough award, whilst f&d are the only act ever not to play at the party they won theirs, so... c'est la vie.

CDJay

oversight as in what? They oversaw who it was that mixed their album?
skarr
quote:

Mob got to play main stage at westfest , whilst f&d are the only act ever not to play at the party they won theirs, so...
CDJay

Slammin clearly have a lot of respect for them ......
CDJay Those two comments are sufficiently pitiable that I will finally opt out. See you in the new thread.

CDJay
skarr
quote:

CDJay

Not had a chance to ask the people that you have been working with for months and are still probably in constant contact with why it is they chose not to book the person that mixed their album at their raves? Maybe it's because they are as confused as everyone else is as why this is even the case ?
skarr As in even slammin vinyl thought .....' M.O.B? What the **** ? Seriously? We're not even going to book him at our raves? What's going on here? Seriously? '.
skarr You could have chosen anyone, joey riot? Dougal? Alex prospect? Ajay? Lee uhf? Thumpa ? Any of those reliable honest people, especially the last 3, so why.M.O.B ?
arpz You're seriously suggesting that Lee UHF would be a more relevant choice than M.O.B for an upfront hardcore album?
skarr
quote:
You're seriously suggesting that Lee UHF would be a more relevant choice than M.O.B for an upfront hardcore album?

I rest my case......
skarr I rest my case.
skarr
quote:
You're seriously suggesting that Lee UHF would be a more relevant choice than M.O.B for an upfront hardcore album?

yes mate, that's exactly what I was suggesting, much love and respect to you my friend xx
skarr Hhgghuggjkjbhhjjnhjjjry.
arpz
quote:
Hhgghuggjkjbhhjjnhjjjry.

The logical conclusion .
Elliott
quote:
quote:

yes mate, that's exactly what I was suggesting, much love and respect to you my friend xx

You're a much shitter version of Guest. Stop it.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Is it trolling though?

Some people are genuinely arseholes in real life too.

He's not much more subtle than Guest. Blatant troll.

My hope is that if he's going to keep posting this shit, he'll eventually transcend and become mildly amusing like Guest.
skarr To be completely honest with you people, I have absolutely NO IDEA what a 'troll' is, so maybe that's why I'm failing so miserably at being one? What is a 'troll' ? All I've done is be myself? I'm not trying to be this 'better troll ' than guest? I don't even know what it means ?
Captain Triceps
quote:
To be completely honest with you people, I have absolutely NO IDEA what a 'troll' is, so maybe that's why I'm failing so miserably at being one? What is a 'troll' ? All I've done is be myself? I'm not trying to be this 'better troll ' than guest? I don't even know what it means ?

And you've just given one of the most typical replies you'd expect from a shit troll.
The drunken scotsman 😂😂😂 what a truly awful troll you are. Guest is 10 times the troll you'll ever be. Even DJ Flammy is better 🤦🏻‍♂️
djDMS I'm already wetting my pants in anticipation of his hilarious comments on the next album......
Vladel At least there will be a decent second disk for the next album. Still don't know what the hell HU were thinking with MOB on the last one.
PecheyTheLizard
quote:
At least there will be a decent second disk for the next album. Still don't know what the hell HU were thinking with MOB on the last one.

To be quite honest, MOBs mix wasn't THAT bad. I may not he a "true" happy hardcore fan, but I know darn well most of the tracks were danceable. And I mostly side with the 07-09 style all the way. So I dunno, maybe it's just a thing of opinion and I'll stick to mine ;p
Vladel I love the 07-09 sound too but I not think MOB is anything like that. He's always been a cheap futureworld knock off for me.
Samination
quote:
I love the 07-09 sound too but I not think MOB is anything like that. He's always been a cheap futureworld knock off for me.

didn't he help creating that sound? :P
trippnface
quote:
I love the 07-09 sound too but I not think MOB is anything like that. He's always been a cheap futureworld knock off for me.

yes
Elliott
quote:
quote:

didn't he help creating that sound? :P

It was more a case of him just following along and toeing the party line. He moved on at the same time as everyone else.

He was one of those guys who came out of absolutely nowhere and was already getting releases on big labels and top tier collabs. I don't know how that happened.

He's supposed to be a formally-educated musician and multi-instrumentalist but **** knows, it sure doesn't show in his music.

Edit: I don't want to join the anti-MOB hate train though. He's no better or worse than most hardcore producers right now. They all sound the same to me. He was making some decent stuff in 2010/2011.

It took 8.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page