Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Clubland Weekender Roll Call / Discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz Just decided to pull the trigger on this one, anyone else in?

CDJay I will be there partying like it's 2005. Except winning.

CDJay
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I will be there partying like it's 2005. Except winning.

CDJay

You've got an excuse, being involved in the industry... one day I'm going to have to stop this lark :( See you there :)
CDJay That just makes me vulnerable. Hold me.

CDJay
arpz First two acts announced -

Darren Styles
Alex K - Is this bounce music?
wong NRG
Claxton I want to go to this one.
CDJay DO SO!

CDJay
arpz We're getting a controller and some speakers in the chalet, party back at ours? Yes? :D
Samination is this a fictional party, or something in the works by AATW?
arpz Clubland / Ravers Reunited - https://www.facebook.com/events/568902959981024/
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
NRG

don't most people consider bounce/NRG/ donk the same thing?
skarr Enemy, Finchy and Keyes have just been announced, HOW EXITCITING IS THAT ?!?!?!?!?!?!
skarr Clubland also rightly said that '3 people who the ladies in particular should get very excited about ', whilst making this announcement, and how right they are, bet women everywhere are jizzing in their pants right now just thinking about the rogue squads set.
skarr Enemy finchy and keyes are HOT HOT HOT ! Defiantly the hottest trio in UK hardcore right now! Ladies in Particular Should be getting very excited!!!
skarr It's not about who's the baddest crew anymore, it's about these damn sexy guys who ladies in particular should be getting very excited about!!!!
djDMS Drugs are bad, mmmkay
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Clubland also rightly said that '3 people who the ladies in particular should get very excited about ', whilst making this announcement, and how right they are, bet women everywhere are jizzing in their pants right now just thinking about the rogue squads set.

Well to be fair, MC Enemy is fuckable and Finchy isn't bad looking himself. But Keyes and his bloated face sexy???

arpz Updated the lineup, looking pretty solid so far. I'm seriously excited about this, just the idea of not having to check out of a hotel at midday the following day and instead being able to just wake up and crack open a beer and get on it and play tunes in a chalet til the rave.... rawrrr it's going to be amazing
wong im not going, im far too married now for weekenders :(

wonder if they will show it on clubland tv? doubt it but ya never know
skarr There's another HUGE announcement coming tonight, I wonder who it could be ?????? Maybe mc storm or that other mc from a few years back who's name i can't remember, think he played at a night in Stoke on trent once, God he was so hot all the ladies were getting really excited!!!! Just like they will be when keyes takes to the stage!!! God I love this boy band vibe !!! That's what hardcores all about !!!!
arpz
quote:
There's another HUGE announcement coming tonight, I wonder who it could be ?????? Maybe mc storm or that other mc from a few years back who's name i can't remember, think he played at a night in Stoke on trent once, God he was so hot all the ladies were getting really excited!!!! Just like they will be when keyes takes to the stage!!! God I love this boy band vibe !!! That's what hardcores all about !!!!

You are so hilarious
wong He's trying his hardest to be the forum troll, but failing miserably.
arpz Updated...the one most people have been clamouring for is there now - Scooter. I honestly thought Scooter just made whatever that pretty cheesy tune was from the very late 90s or early 2000s but I had a look and they're also responsible for some wicked hard trance stuff too, consider me educated
The drunken scotsman
quote:
He's trying his hardest to be the forum troll, but failing miserably.

Yeah pretty awful patter even for a troll.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Updated...the one most people have been clamouring for is there now - Scooter. I honestly thought Scooter just made whatever that pretty cheesy tune was from the very late 90s or early 2000s but I had a look and they're also responsible for some wicked hard trance stuff too, consider me educated

That's kind of surprising considering they've been around for like 2 decades now and they're notoriously known for being a major bandwagon jumping group that produces music in whatever style of electronic music that's trending atm.
robertybob
quote:
they're also responsible for some wicked hard trance stuff too, consider me educated

Giants Causeway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OcrfSLQ20

Sunrise (Ratty's Inferno)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC5x8E1HESY
DJ Sketchy I'm going! Lots of boy band Trance! YES! HAHA ;) jk

Nah I'm looking forward to it, gonna be good to chill with friends and have a stomp out to the Hardcore! Weekenders where you have a bunch of ravers living together are always eventful!
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
I'm going! Lots of boy band Trance! YES! HAHA ;) jk

Nah I'm looking forward to it, gonna be good to chill with friends and have a stomp out to the Hardcore! Weekenders where you have a bunch of ravers living together are always eventful!

See you there, maybe I'll let you get a photo with me to add to your collection of celebrities :P
arpz
Cyrax
quote:
quote:

See you there, maybe I'll let you get a photo with me to add to your collection of celebrities :P

all you happy hardcore lads could share a chalet ;)

djDMS Are all the Freeform lot sharing too?

Oh, hang on a minute.....
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:

Yes arpz! I'll look forward to it.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Clubland also rightly said that '3 people who the ladies in particular should get very excited about ', whilst making this announcement, and how right they are, bet women everywhere are jizzing in their pants right now just thinking about the rogue squads set.

Do you think the editor stopped them at saying "3 people who the ladies in particular should get very wet in the knickers about"? LOL
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Are all the Freeform lot sharing too?

Oh, hang on a minute.....

They asked me to play but couldn't match my fee and rider

DJ D-Luc-D Man, this lineup actually looks really cool. Shame I have to pass on it since it's close to my A-Levels. :(
Claxton Looks like it's going to sell out quickly. Shame I have no friends.
djDMS If I was a bit younger, and a lot more tolerant I would definitely go.
The drunken scotsman I'm getting married that weekend, but if I wasn't then I may have considered not going.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If I was a bit younger, and a lot more tolerant I would definitely go.

That's why people drink at these events.
skarr It's basically a pop concert with a few hardcore dj's.
skarr https://youtu.be/i45Szs_0aLg
Samination
quote:
https://youtu.be/i45Szs_0aLg

song at 9:40... is it time-stretched, on air? god damn it's so friggin annoying when i keep hearing the kick hit twice within milliseconds
DJ D-Luc-D
quote:
It's basically a pop concert with a few hardcore dj's.

Yeah but childhood nostalgia xD
skarr If those performances on that video are anything to go by its gonna be ****in AWFULL
wong so dont go then , simple
skarr I most certainly won't be going, it's going to be full of the worst people this country has to offer, this is what I'll be going to..https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1820329241533901&tsid=0.3829234858671282&source=typeahead
skarr http://bangface.com/events/weekender2017/lineup/
skarr
quote:
quote:

Do you think the editor stopped them at saying "3 people who the ladies in particular should get very wet in the knickers about"? LOL

Haha yeah! I bet that's exactly what happened! Keyes finchy n enemy!! EEEEEEKKKKK !!!!!!!!! Swoon! , oh God so hot !!!
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
NRG

don't most people consider bounce/NRG/ donk the same thing?

Add scouse house to that list.

Even as a DJ, (ex)producer and fan, I don't even attempt to discriminate between bounce, donk and scouse house. NRG is very slightly different but you probably wouldn't notice it even in a B2B mix.
Elliott Some funny replies in this thread (Dean, Scotsman, Claxton etc.). Some much less funny replies (Skarr).

Anyway, this is what Clubland events have always been like. If you're surprised, where have you been for the last decade?

The best part of the Clubland shows is the PAs and realising how bad rave vocalists actually sound before post-production. Playing the original with vocals in the background only makes the dissonance so much more obvious. Honestly, if you're a professional vocalist and you can't even stay in tune with your own track playing in your ear, you're stealing a living.

quote:
It's basically a pop concert with a few hardcore dj's.

Yeah.
Samination inb4 a Thumpa ft MC Wotsee set, just to cater to the haters.

wait... Wotsee is on the dj setlist? what the hell is he complaing about never getting big bookings? takin' the piss out of us is he?

It took 2.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page