Total online 1546
 Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Vinylgroover will be making some Hardcore again.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ArdcorePower copied from his facebook Artist page:

Decided, I'm finishing this album then I'll be working on new 'Vinylgroover' hardcore stuff!

I'm very interested to hear this. I know it's new school stuff. I still play lots of his old 90's tunes especially 94-96 stuff... but I'm guessing most folks around here probably more into his 97-99 sounds.

Anyhow, I think that's pretty good news.

What say U? Yay or Nay??
wong Is good news, but will probably sound just like TWR or similar. Time will tell
Smoogie Vinylgroover is a good artist and has put out a few classics over the years. I like his Hard House stuff as well so it will be worth a listen
Captain Triceps Hopefully he will want to make stompy happy hardcore with breakbeats and pianos.
Not gonna hold my breath for that particular but it's nice to see him make hardcore again, I was a fan.
I'm trying to be optimistic and not cynical here.
Gazza1712 Looks like he will be working with joey riot on his new hardcore tracks which I'm disappointed with as I have never liked any of joeys music.
skarr If he's working with joey riot then It will probably just sound like joey riot.
The Stisk he also put a pic up of all his old hardcore DAT's indicating that he was gonna be re-releasing them all
Samination I wonder if he was taking the piss out of me when i asked him in 2006 if he's ever going to release his backcat... I wonder what's making him so interested in Hardcore now?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I wonder if he was taking the piss out of me when i asked him in 2006 if he's ever going to release his backcat... I wonder what's making him so interested in Hardcore now?

I asked him much later than that, he said he would be doing. He probably looked at his DATs and thought, "fuck that..."
As far as I know he didn't really stop being interested in hardcore, he just wasn't making it. He might have felt that because he left, he couldn't just walk back in, or maybe he wouldn't be taken seriously in his other music if he was making hardcore as well. He would have had that many people over the years telling him to make some he's just caved in.
He's almost certainly not doing it for the money. I just hope the stuff he makes isn't bland, forgettable, disposable drivel. Or some of his current productions just turned up to 170. I'm not expecting actual happy hardcore but something resembling it would be grand!
CDJay I wouldn't worry, too much...

CDJay
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I wonder if he was taking the piss out of me when i asked him in 2006 if he's ever going to release his backcat... I wonder what's making him so interested in Hardcore now?

I just hope the stuff he makes isn't bland, forgettable, disposable drivel

Aren't there people who argue that most of his stuf was bland drivel? :P
Gazza1712 I remember asking him about hardcore a few years ago and he did say he wasn't feeling it at the time and didn't like the new stuff, but maybe as he's getting a few bookings again as vinylgroover he fancies another go at the upfront stuff again aswell as old hardcore
skarr
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I wouldn't worry, too much...

CDJay

About what ?
CDJay New or old stuff. Our track record is solid. Brisk, Marc Smith, CLSM.

CDJay
djDMS Ooh!
CDJay That's what she said, and I ignore sarcasm from the unfairer sex like a pro!

CDJay
Craigavon raver Whats that mean, a new vinylgroover album to be released on hu?
CDJay Yeah, I can confirm that intention...

CDJay
Captain Triceps
quote:
Yeah, I can confirm that intention...

CDJay

Nice.
Now just follow up on that sexy guy who asked about Force and Styles' album tonight and we're laughing.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Yeah, I can confirm that intention...

CDJay

Nice.
Now just follow up on that sexy guy who asked about Force and Styles' album tonight and we're laughing.

you mean jizzing in your pants?

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page