Radio listeners 158+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What is really pissing me off about the HU site

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vladel No previews at all for anything.
CDJay We're still working on integrating soundcloud, not to mention adding content.

As usual, it's a case of trying to do the job of about 10 people with limited time and resources

Whilst I agree, entirely, it's a straight up choice between dedicating time to stuff like that *or* finishing the Blu-ray and new compilation.

Once the above is done, we'll get back on the website stuff

CDJay
Mickey Init Will there be an artwork gallery page as well?
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We're still working on integrating soundcloud, not to mention adding content.

As usual, it's a case of trying to do the job of about 10 people with limited time and resources

Whilst I agree, entirely, it's a straight up choice between dedicating time to stuff like that *or* finishing the Blu-ray and new compilation.

Once the above is done, we'll get back on the website stuff

CDJay

what new compilation would that be?
Guest i coded my null nuke CMS that reinvented the whole internet all by myself, some soundcloud code is nothing, Vs cross server, cross OS, fully dynamic array's and modules and user BBcode, and everything it has, and the first to be unified mobile/desktop without needing multiple domains, first with dual layer cookie encryption, and first to be unhackable
CDJay New comp is compiling now, announced early April. It might even be paired with some mythical oft lamented other project.

CDJay

Guest would already be finished if it was a AMD ryzen CPU
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
would already be finished if it was a AMD ryzen CPU

How the f* would a processor help speed up ONE human's actual work? Or the lack of content to an sold article? Or is the AMD Ryzen processors so advanced that it uploads the samples connected to each product, that it's actually an AI, not just a chip? Seriously, is your brain a computer chip?

FFS you can run a website on a computer from 2001 as good as a computer with a AMD ryzen. It's not like HU's traffic is anything near Facebook or google.
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
would already be finished if it was a AMD ryzen CPU

How the f* would a processor help speed up ONE human's actual work? Or the lack of content to an sold article? Or is the AMD Ryzen processors so advanced that it uploads the samples connected to each product, that it's actually an AI, not just a chip? Seriously, is your brain a computer chip?

FFS you can run a website on a computer from 2001 as good as a computer with a AMD ryzen. It's not like HU's traffic is anything near Facebook or google.

for £500 you get a processor that is faster then intels £1000 6990k. all the seconds and minutes you save encoding audio and to spec blu-ray adds up to hours over a week
CDJay .... That's great.

Not sure it's actually faster than the 6950x, Titan X and Red-rocket X card we used though.

CDJay
quote:
.... That's great.

Not sure it's actually faster than the 6950x, Titan X and Red-rocket X card we used though.

CDJay

the cheaper ryzen beats the 6950x

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-6950x-7700k-cpu-benchmarks/

AMD are still to launch the vega graphics card in a few months, which will beat the titan X
arpz Only one thing left to beat...
CDJay
quote:
quote:
.... That's great.

CDJay

the cheaper ryzen beats the 6950x

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-6950x-7700k-cpu-benchmarks/

AMD are still to launch the vega graphics card in a few months, which will beat the titan X

God knows why I'm getting drawn into this, but a few things:

Firstly, you're comparing an overclocked CPU to a stock CPU. Ryzen struggles to get above 4.1Ghz, our 6950x is at 4.4Ghz across all cores. That's over 33% improvement from stock with all cores loaded. Also actual benchmarks on launch haven't shown the 6950x losing anything, just the 1800x standing toe to toe with the 6900x. Impressive, yet irrelevant here.

Secondly, this system was build at the start of 2016 and used throughout that year. Ryzen *just* came out. It would be moderately insane to throw away a still-faster workstation after 14 months just because there's a solid argument for price:performance in favour of Ryzen which launched this month. Even later this year, unless budget is no object, I'd likely recommend Ryzen (once matured a bit) over the new X299 platform *unless* you can afford the most expensive skylake-E. If AMD launch an HDET platform that may change, but it's all speculative at this point.

There's *no* evidence for vega, a year later, beating, or intending to beat, the Titan X or 1080ti in any actual workloads. Even on paper. It's likely to come *close*, perhaps. Again, not sure why we'd throw away a graphics card nearly a year old for something slower. Added to which, Nvidia are sitting on Volta.

I'm not convinced you should be recommending upgrades that are, at best, sidegrades. For a new build, I'm leaning towards recommending Ryzen with the slight proviso that the platform itself is immature. For workstation/content-creation price:performance it decimates Intel, at this point. Hard to say if that will remain the case.

CDJay

Elipton Pfft, I'm rocking Full HD 140fps on Rocket League with a GTX970 and an i3 3220 processor in a ?250 build.

Don't need to spend such big bucks to have a console killer
Guest plenty of evidence for vega

the whole architecture is for parallel computing and can handle 512 terrabytes of virtual memory, while openCL has a new bridge which can convert cuda code to be able to use all the stream processors to your liking, the same way cuda is used

while crossfire does'nt actually need a bridge like SLi which is'nt that new, parallel goes direct through the PCI-E slot, comes in handy if you want a massive amount of data being sent back and forth without a ribbon overheating and melting
PecheyTheLizard Guest sure likes to start fights, huh? Must make him feel bigger I guess.
Guest don't need to feel big, when you already do
CDJay You're missing out in a career writing unsettling Fortune Cookies.

CDJay
Guest AMD graphics card have always been better, but they have always had rubbish drivers

add that to needing a fire pro card to use stream processors to your liking in the past, and you have a fail
arpz Isn't all of this stuff negated by the presence of a dedicated video encoding card anyway?
Guest you can use cuda along with the encoders matrix and variable bitrate so you have 3000 extra processors doing floating point math

stream processors are locked up with some rubbish AMD smart code or something along the lines, so you can't optimize programs and games to run on a normal desktop PC like you can with a nvidia GTX 750
CDJay I think he's referring to the red rocket card which was handling debayering etc.

Still circular, given that you're talking about unreleased products and untapped potential. Comparing the fury x/480x to the titan under premiere pro is madness.

CDJay
Guest if you can convert cuda to openCL and back and forth, then AMD must have removed the rubbish smart code for normal desktop PC's

https://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/09/7637-HIP-Datasheet-V1_4-US-Letter.pdf

which will add a whole lot more speed to vega, as well as not needing a ribbon bridge for crossfire, which will push VR to new levels with massive photo realistic textures
Captain Triceps So yeah, the previews.
Impulse_Response You should consider a high performance potato if you want the best possible performance. It beats the 6950x, Ryzen, and everything else out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
So yeah, the previews.

there are none, have some spec's http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/radeon-rx-500-series-details-leak/

you have to wait for the end of the year for the big boys that go up against the 1080 ti and titan X

at least from august on wards, that is when AMD's vega compition says it will ship cards out

vega 10 cards should be out soon, vega 20 cards at the end of the year
CDJay aaaaaahahaha!

CDJay
djDMS I don't mind not having all the previews available straight away when an album is announced. Soundcloud links at random intervals works for me.

But I remember the days when not everything was at your fingertips or in your face 24/7.

Previews of every track on albums are useful to help people make their mind up if they're undecided (or need some convincing).
CDJay
quote:

A flagship new product might, maybe, beat a competitors year old non flagship graphics card ina sympathetic benchmark! WOWZER.

Also, probably worth noting, Nvidia have massively improved Vulkan performance since then.

Not that I care, I'd go for whatever is fastest at the time. Which.... hasn't involved AMD since the Athlon XP era. I appreciate their necessity, and applaud their newfound competitiveness in the CPU space, but if you seriously think Vega is going to launch and actively win anything, and uncontested, you're out of your already questionably stable mind.

(Sorry everyone: I don't mean to feed the troll. I did laugh at his misconstruing the preview comment a lot if that counts in my favour.)

CDJay

CDJay There must be an actual pattern with AMD fetishists, too. I remember a scary/weird stalker guy called Kevin Dennehy, who used to give HU/Chwhynny crap all the time. He then upgraded to stalking/harassing another scene members g/f as well as Lisa Abbott. With legal consequence.

Prior to that escalation, He actively messaged Chwhynny to slag off her 8 core Intel workstation (listed on her website, natch) saying it was shit and AMD were amazing. I'll say *that* again: he messaged a random girl off the internet to slag off her computer. Whilst..... being entirely wrong. *cups head in hands*

He then went on a mental tangent about all computer music being awful, and kept blanketing hardcore producer posts (Kurt was one notable bite-backer). Sadly he was then arrested for harassment, and when he later resurfaced we slapped him down by linking him to the newspaper article about it.

That's the company you're keeping, Guest

CDJay
djDMS So basically you're saying 'if you want to keep this up, be my Guest'? ;-)
CDJay As good a penile tattoo as any!

CDJay
Guest the whole hardcore scene is nothing without me, kutski etc never had a life and cant maintain what ive been knowing about before it happens since the days of ush
robertybob
quote:
the whole hardcore scene is nothing without me, kutski etc never had a life and cant maintain what ive been knowing about before it happens since the days of ush

Ok Kev
Guest i'll happily kick back and do nothing for another year and watch it all crumble, after all the big events around the south west and west fest having whole rooms and stages for hardcore for 5 straight years, and see if you all can maintain

lewiscanon
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
Guest sure likes to start fights, huh? Must make him feel bigger I guess.

I guess he does not realise the extense it takes when it comes in redesigning a webpage, if you want to listen ti previews why not go in soundcloud or youtube or be patient the previews will be up.

Good ti see the Hardcore Underground webpage coming together nicely. Big thumbs up
Samination well to be honest, you only need a simple scripts that reads a folder of files/mp3s, make a onetime file/database update script with the information from the ID3 tags and whoop, you got an automated hotfolder (well if I made it it would be semi-automated, you still need to access the page with the script... I dont know about automatioons when when it comes to webdevelopelment).

As for the samples themselves, there's tons of software that can take snippets from a list of songs and create 5-90 seconds long samples. So unless you need to show of a specific part of a song, you dont need to do it manually.
quote:
Originally posted by lewiscanon:
quote:

I guess he does not realise the extense it takes when it comes in redesigning a webpage, if you want to listen ti previews why not go in soundcloud or youtube or be patient the previews will be up.

Good ti see the Hardcore Underground webpage coming together nicely. Big thumbs up

i understand, i coded my null nuke CMS that reinvented the internet, it takes no time to redesign a webpage and add some bbcode or do a recursive folder search after coding a simple module, that scans for audio files and takes the metatags and stores them in the database, and then links the file into a custom audio player

it does all of that in the shoutcast transcoder module and parse and rewrite all serverside config files, and setup the ondemand playlist, which i made in a day

browsing a few pages on soundcloud will take a coffee or 2, just copying and pasting links and audio file titles and descripts into a new browser tab with your new site on

i can convert his site to run on null nuke in a few hours, including the SQL script to convert the database
arpz
quote:
quote:
quote:

i understand, i coded my null nuke CMS that reinvented the internet, it takes no time to redesign a webpage and add some bbcode or do a recursive folder search after coding a simple module, that scans for audio files and takes the metatags and stores them in the database, and then links the file into a custom audio player

it does all of that in the shoutcast transcoder module and parse and rewrite all serverside config files, and setup the ondemand playlist, which i made in a day

browsing a few pages on soundcloud will take a coffee or 2, just copying and pasting links and audio file titles and descripts into a new browser tab with your new site on

i can convert his site to run on null nuke in a few hours, including the SQL script to convert the database

Bet he'll bite your hand off for that opportunity
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bet he'll bite your hand off for that opportunity

can have it all modern like

still, never did bother getting around to add goggle login and a wysiwyg editor
lewiscanon Ok why bother moaning when ye can use a simple embed soundcloud link code in yer oon webpage I mean cmon why moan when simple problems can be solved better than bigger problems geez. get oon wif it (N)
CDJay Okay, I'll swap roles. You deal with compiling one of the only compilations left, running a store, posting cds, admin, future project management, networking, global tour stuff, surrounded by apathy and myopia, I'll deal with simple website things.

Fair trade.

CDJay
Guest easy money

running a small online shop is as hard as a car boot sale, having your own website that costs ?10 a month is'nt special from a ebay store

compiling a compilation is as hard as just having another mix like any other normal day

networking is hanging out at a car cruise and life in general

dj's should'nt need a manager, BTEC's in customer services are free, and as hard as saying email me the details, and then the dj also gets all the money
Elliott
quote:
i coded my null nuke CMS that reinvented the whole internet all by myself, some soundcloud code is nothing, Vs cross server, cross OS, fully dynamic array's and modules and user BBcode, and everything it has, and the first to be unified mobile/desktop without needing multiple domains, first with dual layer cookie encryption, and first to be unhackable

Hang on, wasn't this basically your first ever post here?

Have you come full circle?
GrahamC I would take time off work to come and pick, pack & post CDs. I love that sort of thing!

It took 2.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page