Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Scott Brown open letter Re: Ajay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz Open letter to Andrew 'Ajay HTID' Pickering
SCOTT BROWN FANPAGE?FRIDAY, 24 MARCH 2017

Hi Ajay

Hope all is well with you? Sorry I didn't get a good chance to speak to you much at Uproar but what a brilliant night it was. Kudos mate, the place was bouncing! I read some of the comments about your departure from the Hardcore scene on various sites. The word 'Legend' was used a lot, fair play to you. Considering you were only involved at HTID for a few years, you certainly managed to reach that kind of status in no time!

I've tried contacting you a number of times but it seems both your Facebook pages are down and your emails aren't going through. Oh yeah, your phone number is dead and it appears your Fianc?es page is down too. It's almost as if you didn't want anyone finding you (rolls eyes). Perhaps something to do with the fact that you didn't pay any of the headliners at Uproar on the 3rd March? It actually looks like you disappeared with the money, surely you wouldn't do that? Especially not with your new found 'Legend' status?

Congratulations on your engagement BTW! I saw pictures of the lucky lady posing with the diamond ring only two days after Uproar, she must have been thrilled. Do you think she knows that the ring was bought with the Dj's money? It's only a small issue, I'm sure you'll get over it. How are you funding the wedding, any more events planned? (Obviously not in Hardcore, I don't think that trick will work twice?.)

Without sounding needy, I thought we were friends. Okay, maybe not 'Totes Bezzies' but definitely someone I could have a chat with and confide in. Some bad stories had been kicking around about what you had done with the HTID brand, and how you had been using it to further your own career, but no, I would stick up for you and say "he isn't like that". It seems now that HSU have bought HTID, you've been cast aside, no more love for Ajay, and you decided to have one last swipe at the scene which had been so good to you all these years.

Anyway, I'm off, got things to do. You might never read this but it's felt good being open about things. I just hope the money serves you well, although I don't think it'll pay for a new life in Spain. It might however get a nice weekend in Scarborough, don't spend it all at once you cheeky little scamp (insert LOL face here).

All the best
Scott

wong ajay ran uproar?
latininxtc Lol brilliant post by Scott Brown. It would seriously be awful if he did in fact take this money as a big fuck you to the scene before leaving it. It pretty much negates all the support he received when he was outed from HTID.
DjZelous well thats ****ed up,Similar thing happened with Birdman (respek on my name) and Lil wayne not too long ago. Birdman owns the label that lil wayne is on and he was not getting paid.
Samination i wonder on whos side thumpa is on this ? :P
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
i wonder on whos side thumpa is on this ? :P

Lol, that thought crossed my mind too
djDMS The plot thickens
MC Deecee Yeah pretty sure ajay isn't or wasn't anything to do with uproar in a promoter sense or whatever, don't get the money reference really, even if htid and uproar are linked, which now I think about it they might be actually, all this is post HSU takeover so would still be nothing to do with him.

Edit: apparently ajay is or was in charge of uproar, just commented on the OP on Scott's page.
The drunken scotsman I thought HTID and Uproar were all part of the same group before?

Not my place to pass comment on this anyway, there's always 2 sides to the story. Although admittedly this does look pretty bad on Ajay.
Guest the polite way of saying, WTFs with the ring, where my money you ****
Smoogie What happened to peace, love, unity and respect?

So someone does a runner with everyone's cash and then buys a new ring for their girlfriend?
Guest died with the 90s, now its harder then hard house

do a event, make sure you get as many free drinks as you can just in case
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
What happened to peace, love, unity and respect?

So someone does a runner with everyone's cash and then buys a new ring for their girlfriend?

The 'R' in PLUR stands for 'Rings'.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
Yeah pretty sure ajay isn't or wasn't anything to do with uproar in a promoter sense or whatever, don't get the money reference really, even if htid and uproar are linked, which now I think about it they might be actually, all this is post HSU takeover so would still be nothing to do with him.

Edit: apparently ajay is or was in charge of uproar, just commented on the OP on Scott's page.

Where/what is Ajay's response to Scott's comment? I can't seem to find it.
MC Deecee
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by MC Deecee:
Yeah pretty sure ajay isn't or wasn't anything to do with uproar in a promoter sense or whatever, don't get the money reference really, even if htid and uproar are linked, which now I think about it they might be actually, all this is post HSU takeover so would still be nothing to do with him.

Where/what is Ajay's response to Scott's comment? I can't seem to find it.

There isn't one as far as I know, I asked my question on Scott browns original status and he told me that ajay was in control, apparently anyway.
Elipton I'm just pissed off that our entire thread siding with Ajay against might have been proven wrong. Ajay did feel the scene owed him something and it would be dark indeed if this was his way of finding retribution.

Be interesting to hear if the accusation is true. So far, everyone should bare in mind that Scott has drawn this conclusion based on what he's seen on Facebook and heard from others.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
died with the 90s, now its harder then hard house

Harder than Hard House? You mean like Gabber hard?
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I'm just pissed off that our entire thread siding with Ajay against might have been proven wrong. Ajay did feel the scene owed him something and it would be dark indeed if this was his way of finding retribution.

Be interesting to hear if the accusation is true. So far, everyone should bare in mind that Scott has drawn this conclusion based on what he's seen on Facebook and heard from others.

Pretty sure he based it on not getting paid by him
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
I'm just pissed off that our entire thread siding with Ajay against might have been proven wrong. Ajay did feel the scene owed him something and it would be dark indeed if this was his way of finding retribution.

Pretty sure he based it on not getting paid by him

Use your brain. He's drawn the conclusion as to WHY he's not been paid. What he's seen and heard had made him forego reasonable explanations, and rightly so, but hearsay doesn't make it true. I simply hope it's not.
djDMS No contact, excuse or reason for not being paid has been forthcoming though - can't really blame SB for coming to a conclusion.

Haven't seen anyone else mention not being paid yet, wonder what else has happened.
wong Smiley said he wasnt paid, along with some others i forget who he said
quote:
quote:

when uk hardcore is'nt full of j-core its harder then hard house, but hard house dj's drink until they puke all over the decks
arpz Smiley, hixxy, others... Lol
Ken Masters Why does every issue within Hardcore have to become a soap like drama? Jumping to conclusions & tarnishing reputations.

Its as if we haven't learned anything from the whole sorry Sy saga & seem to have forgotten just how damaging these overly eager social media posts can be. It spreads like wild fire & even if Ajay were to pop up now with a valid reason and resolve the situation, the damage is done.

I'm not backing Ajay. I dont know Ajay or Scott, nor do I have any idea on the ins & outs of the situation, none of us do. What has any of this got to do with us? Nothing.

Its business. Take legal action. Simple :)

Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

I'm not backing Ajay. I dont know Ajay or Scott, nor do I have any idea on the ins & outs of the situation, none of us do. What has any of this got to do with us? Nothing.

This a million times over! I don't get the whole name and shame thing that people seem to think is perfectly acceptable in the scene. Handle shit privately or take legal action. Don't involve the whole world in your troubles.
Smoogie
quote:
Why does every issue within Hardcore have to become a soap like drama? Jumping to conclusions & tarnishing reputations.

Its as if we haven't learned anything from the whole sorry Sy saga & seem to have forgotten just how damaging these overly eager social media posts can be. It spreads like wild fire & even if Ajay were to pop up now with a valid reason and resolve the situation, the damage is done.

Sadly in this world of social networking and social media nothing is really 'personal' these days. I really do wish that this whole online thing never blew up as big as it has done though
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

This a million times over! I don't get the whole name and shame thing that people seem to think is perfectly acceptable in the scene. Handle shit privately or take legal action. Don't involve the whole world in your troubles.

or rob and burn down his garden shed
Elipton Taking legal action is so difficult at this level. Representation and general risk are massive expenses to consider. If the booking fee was a verbal contract agreed over phone, it wouldn't stand up to legal scrutiny.

This is an old school industry, and it's very informal. One's word counts for a lot, but not as much as one's representation. Calling someone out is retribution and then some.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

Legal action = over in maybe 5 years time?
Public action = over within seconds.

Does feel tempting to go the quicker route, no?

Elipton: He waited a couple of weeks before going public. I don't know how many times he's tried to contact Ajay, but I HOPE that he has atleast tried to contact other people who know ajay or has worked with him. This is the result.

And even if he is a faulted man himself, you just don't fu*k with the Scotsman!
jordesuvi
quote:
quote:
quote:

when uk hardcore is'nt full of j-core its harder then hard house, but hard house dj's drink until they puke all over the decks

Guest, you're slowly becoming my favourite shitposter.
trippnface oh for ****s sake; seriously?

why is the hardcore scene like a ****ing high school drama??

this is pathetic.
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:
quote:
quote:

j-core mixes are full of the EDM shit everyone hates, along with all the megadrive game tracks and all those wank LFO EDM leads

trippnface
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:
quote:
quote:

j-core mixes are full of the EDM shit everyone hates, along with all the megadrive game tracks and all those wank LFO EDM leads

sure; it may be hard to find a clean j core mix nowadays ( THANKS GAMMER) but; **** man; as a whole; j core is way more reliable than the uk hardcore scene as of current.
Guest just need to learn to make kicks, you have to turn 31hz all up on the soundcard EQ to get a tiny bit of bass

and quit using so much compression

no chance of doing what most tracks do

ViolonC Guest pls tell me which ear buds to buy to get this full 31 Hz sweetness. :)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Guest pls tell me which ear buds to buy to get this full 31 Hz sweetness. :)

earbuds? he has a friggin RCA direct infeed
Guest what do earbuds have todo with anything, most hardcore you buy on beatport from the new ear producers are all the same, and won't even be using your sub box at home, car or in a club

they all use so much compression, so as soon as you touch the EQ in your rack mount PA system your mixer is plugged into, it instantly sounds like a 64 bitrate mp3

if you want some decent earbuds, get some marleys

use tenq to start with, it won't crash like fab filter, and put band 1 down on the lead, to remove the low and stop it clashing with kicks and keep the bling freshness high quality of gladiator vst saws

Guest get the mighty TENQ for free > http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=2187
skarr I can remember a little while back i said Keyes was by far the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world, and some absolute ****IN TOSSER said something like, 'no way , ajay has taken htid to the next level ! , ect ect, ' I'll try n find the post.
skarr Also ajay told Thumpa that htid its made money last year, and because Thumpa is very well respected in the scene, and ajay is clearly a very honest person, how could that be wrong?
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I can remember a little while back i said Keyes was by far the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world, and some absolute ****IN TOSSER said something like, 'no way , ajay has taken htid to the next level ! , ect ect, ' I'll try n find the post.

Biggest UK Hardcore promoter in the world? 😂 Must look out for that entry in the Guinness book of world records. It's probably next to the biggest UK twat in the world, hotly contested by your good self and Keyes.
skarr Who's the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world then ?
The drunken scotsman Donald Trump?
skarr
quote:
Originally posted The drunken scotsman:
Donald Trump?

Haha hahaha! My God you are hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Ha; 1 second, I can't even breathe, God, ha, literally ha ****in ha, you absolute genius !
skarr Ever noticed how I have NEVER thrown a personal insult towards anyone? But yet I keep getting them thrown at me ? If that's what makes you feel good about yourselves because you can't cope with the truth, then carry on, my friends.
djDMS Ever noticed how people who tend to act like absolute bellends get called out for it?

You're not speaking the truth, you're taking parts of what people say and twisting them just so you can make shitty comments.
skarr
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Ever noticed how people who tend to act like absolute bellends get called out for it?

You're not speaking the truth, you're taking parts of what people say and twisting them just so you can make shitty comments.

Carry on, my friend.
skarr OK I'm going to speak the truth now, the hardcore heaven album sold out (essentially), slammin vinyl forgot to book the person that mixed disc 2 on their album, htid in the sun made money last year because thumpas best mate ajay told him that it did, and keyes is not the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
Originally posted The drunken scotsman:
Donald Trump?

Haha hahaha! My God you are hilarious!!!!!!!!!! Ha; 1 second, I can't even breathe, God, ha, literally ha ****in ha, you absolute genius !

I'm actually embarrassed for you. Have a day off buddy, reflect on how you got to the point where one of the few things in life that makes you happy is trolling a forum with about 10 active members. There is help available.

wong He's not trolling anyone though, he just likes to think he is. #canteventrollproperly
silver My 2 cents:

Firstly, HTID purchased the Uproar brand from Seduction years ago. They own it. If Ajay is doing events under that brand name I'm guessing the HSU purchase did not involve the Uproar brand name.

Second, Hixxy technically owns the brand name HTID, I don't know the deal Ajay had with Hixxy on it, but I knew prior to Ajay, Hixxy's event partners did have a sort of license deal with the name and put on the events, I'm not 100% on the details, but it seems logical that perhaps Ajay did the same thing?

That being the case there is a situation where after the HSU purchase Ajay didn't get anything as he didn't own the brand name, he was technically just the person in charge not the owner.

With that said, I could be 100% wrong, perhaps Ajay purchased the name and HSU purchased it from Ajay, I don't know 100%.

As for non payment, if people aren't getting paid for gigs and then making themselves unavailable that is a problem. Scott is a professional, he's been around, he knows the score, I'm sure he tried every way he could to contact the right people to get payment.

I don't know Ajay personally so I can't comment on his reasons for not replying. Let's just hope it's not a final **** off and he can explain what the issue is.

As for HTID making a profit, there is making a bonkers profit then retiring and making a profit that just covers your costs. Anyone can see via numbers alone and costs involved that if 700 people turn up to your event, you might break even and make a little profit but it's not massive profits. So here, making a profit and being a "profitable sustainable business" are two different things.

All in all, shit like this doesn't help anyone.
djDMS
quote:
OK I'm going to speak the truth now, the hardcore heaven album sold out (essentially), slammin vinyl forgot to book the person that mixed disc 2 on their album, htid in the sun made money last year because thumpas best mate ajay told him that it did, and keyes is not the biggest UK hardcore promoter in the world.

Glad that got cleared up.

Thank you for providing such a valuable service.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
He's not trolling anyone though, he just likes to think he is. #canteventrollproperly

Yes, I see your point. As has been mentioned on other threads the guy is just an arsehole. He should try to be more like Guest, now there's a proper troll.
Guest meh, just cry babies who can't handle the truth
wong
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Guest, now there's a proper troll.

and without even trying haha
Captain Triceps
quote:
meh, just cry babies who can't handle the truth

I like it when you talk about pagans and ghettos and proper hardcore.
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
My 2 cents:

Firstly, HTID purchased the Uproar brand from Seduction years ago. They own it. If Ajay is doing events under that brand name I'm guessing the HSU purchase did not involve the Uproar brand name.

Second, Hixxy technically owns the brand name HTID, I don't know the deal Ajay had with Hixxy on it, but I knew prior to Ajay, Hixxy's event partners did have a sort of license deal with the name and put on the events, I'm not 100% on the details, but it seems logical that perhaps Ajay did the same thing?

That being the case there is a situation where after the HSU purchase Ajay didn't get anything as he didn't own the brand name, he was technically just the person in charge not the owner.

With that said, I could be 100% wrong, perhaps Ajay purchased the name and HSU purchased it from Ajay, I don't know 100%.

As for non payment, if people aren't getting paid for gigs and then making themselves unavailable that is a problem. Scott is a professional, he's been around, he knows the score, I'm sure he tried every way he could to contact the right people to get payment.

I don't know Ajay personally so I can't comment on his reasons for not replying. Let's just hope it's not a final **** off and he can explain what the issue is.

As for HTID making a profit, there is making a bonkers profit then retiring and making a profit that just covers your costs. Anyone can see via numbers alone and costs involved that if 700 people turn up to your event, you might break even and make a little profit but it's not massive profits. So here, making a profit and being a "profitable sustainable business" are two different things.

I'd imagine that Ajay just licensed the name for the event in the same way HU did for the Hardcore Heaven album and HTID USA did in its early days.

I wonder what has happened to Uproar now.

Hixxy owned the HTID name but not Hardcore Til I Die which was listed as a separate company.
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Hixxy owned the HTID name but not Hardcore Til I Die which was listed as a separate company.

He owned or co-owned (majority) of it all, he might have created a separate company for clubland e-treme hardcore releases in which Hixxy licensed the name from AATW, at least the first few.

Also released was the Hardcore Til I Die albums with Resist years ago. Resist did licence the brand from Hixxy in this case, I know this because they were sub-licensed in Japan for local release without Hixxy's involvement.

So there could be a few reasons why there are different companies with the same name.

I can ask HSU next time I talk to them who they purchased it from, but they would be in the right to tell me it's none of my business :)
Elipton Doubke check on the company house database before spreading that kind of speculation, surely..

That will contain directors, shareholders, accounts and balance sheets. Everyone who's lived in the real world is aware of this
silver
quote:
Doubke check on the company house database before spreading that kind of speculation, surely..

That will contain directors, shareholders, accounts and balance sheets. Everyone who's lived in the real world is aware of this

Never heard of that service since I don't live in the UK, just did a google search. Holy crap that's alot of info....it's all listed there much as I thought... I don't really want to post about it because there is a bunch of personal info. But in short, Hixxy was the sole shareholder of HTID.

If the HTID brand was licensed then the DJ's and venues would have been paid from the company that licensed the name, so that could be any company name.
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
My 2 cents:

I'd imagine that Ajay just licensed the name for the event in the same way HU did for the Hardcore Heaven album and HTID USA did in its early days.

I wonder what has happened to Uproar now.

uproar disappeared when lee UHF was punched in the back of the head at a event and spent a year crying about it on USH then quit the scene
Claxton
quote:
Doubke check on the company house database before spreading that kind of speculation, surely..

I did ;)

In fact I tried to post the links to them last night in this thread but the ad covers the 'Post new reply' button on my phone.
Claxton So here are the relevant companies:

HTID (What I imagine to be the original company set up by Hixxy)

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05122498/HTID-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Hardcore Til I Die (owned by Lambert)

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05006023/HARDCORE-TIL-I-DIE-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Sidewinder Events (previous owner of the HTID brand before HSU. Also owned by Lambert)

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06378342/SIDEWINDER-EVENTS-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Captain Triceps
quote:
uproar disappeared when lee UHF was punched in the back of the head at a event and spent a year crying about it on USH then quit the scene

Yeah, this story is often humorously recounted when Lee's name is mentioned.
Elipton I've got a game for us all.

Who can work out who owns Together we Rise?
silver My guess that sidewinder just licensed the name, the brand has always been hixxy's. The other companies were established for accounting reasons (running the events). In all cases here and getting back to the topic, it seems Ajay didn't have any ownership he was running the events under brand name.

In all cases I hope Ajay sorts it out and quickly.
Elliott
quote:
Why does every issue within Hardcore have to become a soap like drama? Jumping to conclusions & tarnishing reputations.

We came for the music (at some point); we stay for the drama. That's it.

In my opinion, the only disappointing thing is that we don't have any Hardware-style hold-ups at gunpoint like DNB. We're supposed to be the hardcore side.
Elliott
quote:
I've got a game for us all.

And how long before it gets rebooted as something else?

TWR was supposed to be about regaining control and improving the release schedule.

Maybe they need to get Hixxy in. At least RB had a release schedule.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:

TWR was supposed to be about regaining control and improving the release schedule.

Now THAT's a burn! +111
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:

Turns out it was just the same as every other label ever associated with the 'top tier' in this shambolic scene. They've finally managed to shake off any interest I had left in their music, even if they were to release every recent tune in their catalogue tomorrow, I wouldn't be arsed.
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:

Turns out it was just the same as every other label ever associated with the 'top tier' in this shambolic scene. They've finally managed to shake off any interest I had left in their music, even if they were to release every recent tune in their catalogue tomorrow, I wouldn't be arsed.

They could release them all tomorrow for free and I still wouldn't waste a few megabytes of my utterly unlimited broadband connection to download them.

I haven't bought a TWR track since Top Of The World and that wasn't exactly a classic.

Sad times but it has forced me to dig deeper and deeper beyond the top tier to find what I'm looking for. We were spoilt back in the day (I'm thinking 2006, 2007 etc.) because the same dozen or so guys were producing so much high-quality music that you barely had to look anywhere else. I mean, of course I always kept tabs on what was going on throughout the scene but I didn't have to.

I'm getting tired though. I'm getting tired of having to listen to 20 tracks to find the one worthwhile gem in the crate. It's only these few years that I've realised just how spoiled we used to be. Ah well, mate.
Archefluxx LOL.

How does a site in 2017 get this type of shit
Samination no real security or post length limits.

If it's a bot, a simple captcha would stop it.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
no real security or post length limits.

If it's a bot, a simple captcha would stop it.

If not even the owner gives a shit about this site, what's the point.
latininxtc 116 new posts since last visited. Knew it was too good to be true lol
Captain Triceps
quote:
116 new posts since last visited. Knew it was too good to be true lol

Yeah, 88 when I came here yesterday, and I was here a few hours prior. I figured it was either a robot or Skarr busily replying offensive nonsense to everything or possibly even Guest talking to himself about small domestic appliances.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
116 new posts since last visited. Knew it was too good to be true lol

Yeah, 88 when I came here yesterday, and I was here a few hours prior. I figured it was either a robot or Skarr busily replying offensive nonsense to everything or possibly even Guest talking to himself about small domestic appliances.

lololol
Thumpa Was with Ajay 2 weeks ago, he came to a festival in my hometown and we spent all day together, he sends his regards to everyone haha
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Was with Ajay 2 weeks ago, he came to a festival in my hometown and we spent all day together, he sends his regards to everyone haha

Drinks were on Scott Brown"s DJ fees!
silver Spam posts have been removed, I was away for the weekend, most likely a bot. We have security in place to attempt to stop / slow these but I hate forums with a captcha even if it's the google "I not a robot" one.... see how it plays out.

Thanks to the people that reported them :)
skarr [quote]Originally posted by Thumpa:
Was with Ajay 2 weeks ago, he came to a festival in my hometown and we spent all day together, he sends his .
skarr .

It took 3.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page