Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ravestars!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Ken Masters New album from me & my Future State Music label guys. This has been a real labour of love over the past few months! My aim was to launch a new, modern Hardcore CD album series while capturing some of the magic of the glory days of mixed compilations.

Ladies & gentlemen, I give you, Ravestars!

Featuring exclusive Mixed & Unmixed tracks from S3RL, M-Project & Zoe VanWest, Daniel Seven, Jakka-B, Chris Fear, Lady Dubbz, Tamerax, Haze, DJC, Fallon, Future Shock, Greg Peaks, Finnbarr, NeoQor, Riko & more!

OUT NOW!

International Shipping!
Release: May
Genre: UK Hardcore & Freeform

*BUY* >> http://www.futurestatemusic.bigcartel.com

01. S3RL feat' Lexi - Boomerang
02. M-Project & Future Shock feat' Zoe VanWest - Under The Lights
03. Joey Riot Vs U4rix & Mille Pattes - Let's Get Down
04. Daniel Seven - Virtus
05. Tamerax & Alanna Sterling - Alive
06. Lady Dubbz - Werewolf
07. Impact & Haze vs. Eruption - Surrender (Eufeion & Denile Remix)
08. S3RL Feat Tamika - Rainbow Girl (Future Shock Remix)
09. Fallon - Somewhere (Original Mix)
10. Chris Fear - Pull Me Up
11. Daniel Seven - Momentum (Jakka-B Remix)
12. JTS - I Told You (Daniel Seven Remix)
13. Andy Wilson - Feel So Free
14. Greg Peaks - Aftermath
15. NeoQor & Zoe VanWest - Away From You
16. Riko Vs Sarcotic & Mashed - Come Get It
17. NeoQor Feat' Kitty-Chan & MC Darmoc - Rave On!
18. RedMoon & Meron Ryan - Heavyweight (AoS & Denile Remix)
19. Nakura - Elements
20. Finnbarr - Sky That Shines
21. Andy Wilson - Eternity
22. AoS - Blast Em
23. Demcore - Rock Your Body
24. Burnout - Party Jumping
25. NeoQor & Clayfighter - When We Meet Again
26. Digital Commandos - Hardcore Will Never Die
27. DJC - Shakedown

There's now a select few track samples up on the FSM soundcloud page & we'll be adding a couple more in the build up to release :)

http://www.soundcloud.com/future-state-music

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:

- 1x Mixed CD by Future Shock & Haze.

- PLUS all 27 exclusive tracks (featured in the mix) in full Unmixed, DJ friendly WAV format.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:

- At the time of the album release you will receive 1x Mixed CD by Future Shock & Haze in Digipack case.

- You will then also receive a unique link to download every single track featured in the mix in full Unmixed, DJ Friendly WAV format.

- This unique link will be sent via email to the address you provide while purchasing the album so PLEASE ENSURE that the email address you provide is current & in use.

- HOWEVER! If you pre-order now & before the albums official release in May, you will receive all the Unmixed, DJ Friendly tracks on a LIMITED EDITION 'Ravestars' USB STICK as well as the digital download link BUT, both will sent at the time of album release.

- Every track is 100% exclusive to the album. With the physical album itself being mixed & the concept of the unmixed tracks being sent digitally with every track being signed & released exclusive to FSM, this makes it the first release of it's kind within Hardcore.

- The tracks will not be available anywhere else & there will be a limit of only 500 albums pressed so don't delay!

- You CANNOT get the digital bundle without first buying the CD.
- You CANNOT buy the full-length tracks individually. EVER.

So that's 27 Unmixed tracks in WAV format, every single one of which is exclusive to the album + a physical mixed CD from Future Shock & Haze.

All of this for only ?9.99!

We think you'll agree, this is outstanding value for money! This concept allows us to bring back, reinvent & launch an exciting new mixed Hardcore Compilation CD series - something that has been severely lacking in Hardcore of late!

There will be limited album previews available. We want you guys to be hearing this music for the very first time at the point you receive your album & unique download link. This ensures the album is extremely fresh from the first listen.

The line up is huge! The music is strong! Be part of this unique release, you will not be disappointed.
DJ_FunDaBounce Sounds great, Ken! Looking forward to hearing the clips!

Love the artwork, btw! :)
Guest might sell if its not full of rubbish j-core
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Sounds great, Ken! Looking forward to hearing the clips!

Love the artwork, btw! :)

Yes! The artwork came out great :)

There will be the odd sneaky album sample popping up here & there but I want to keep the vast majority of it under wraps. I want you guys to receive the album, put it on & hear so much fresh music from the get go.

In this day & age of soundcloud being awash with previews, promo mixes, podcasts, etc, it kind of takes something away from the compilation CD concept when its already been played to death!

I want this to be vastly unique to you guys on the first listen, much like the good old days of Bonkers, Hardcore Heaven, etc :)
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
might sell if its not full of rubbish j-core

you know you love kawaii anime bro

but **** yea i pre ordered !
Ken Masters
quote:

UK Hardcore & Freeform, hand in hand the way they should be :)
djDMS Looking good mate. Will definitely be grabbing a copy
CDJay Grabbing a copy too. I hope your dalliances with the "freegorm" side are less scarring than ours

(That started as a typo but i am leaving it. *Not* referring to Thumpa and A.B the Christ like martyrs of sub-industry who I love)

CDJay
GrahamC Ordered mine, first hardcore order in a long time!
Impulse_Response An excellent value I agree! I'll pre-order it if I can.

I do hope you post a fair number of clips, though. I'm pickier about newer hardcore, and I always worry about ordering something without having a good idea what it sounds like.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

you know you love kawaii anime bro

but **** yea i pre ordered !

I really appreciate the support, thank you sir :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Looking good mate. Will definitely be grabbing a copy

And you Dean, the support means a lot.

I have big plans for this series, I want to capture a little of that magic from the early days while firmly pushing the genre forward & in a direction I believe it should be.

Out with the egos. In with the fun! :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Grabbing a copy too. I hope your dalliances with the "freegorm" side are less scarring than ours

(That started as a typo but i am leaving it. *Not* referring to Thumpa and A.B the Christ like martyrs of sub-industry who I love)

CDJay

For you to pick up a personal copy means a lot, Sir. I try to raise my game with each & every project so its nice to see it noticed across the board :)

I find some of the freeform lot difficult to back, which is a shame because its always been my favorite genre within Hardcore. However there are a few who have shown faith & its appreciated.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Ordered mine, first hardcore order in a long time!

Thanks for the support! Its great to see this album concept is reaching out to guys like yourself :)
Ken Masters Just to be clear, there WILL be album previews going up, I just wont be overloading sound cloud with them.

There will be a few going onto sound cloud over the next few days plus a a few more on top of upcoming interview footage on the Future State Music youtube channel :)
arpz Order in, nice one :)
djDMS Is there a problem with paypal payments through the page? I've tried and failed several times!

I ended up not buying the last CD for the same reason.

Will try with my debit card later, see if that works

*EDIT*

Managed to pay by card :-)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Order in, nice one :)

Thanks for the support my friend, you'll love it :)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Is there a problem with paypal payments through the page? I've tried and failed several times!

I ended up not buying the last CD for the same reason.

Will try with my debit card later, see if that works

*EDIT*

Managed to pay by card :-)

We've received a lot of payments through PayPal with no problems but there has been a couple of people say the same thing now Dean.

I'm looking into it but I'm glad you paid through card ok. Thanks again man :)
Ken Masters The PayPal payment issues should now be resolved but if you do continue to have trouble please do let me know.
Ken Masters There's now a select few track samples up on the FSM soundcloud page & we'll be adding a couple more in the build up to release :) you'll also find the full 27 strong tracklist in the playlist description too.

http://www.soundcloud.com/future-state-music
DJ D-Luc-D When would I have to order by to get the USB stick?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
When would I have to order by to get the USB stick?

26th May :)

Ken Masters One week left to get those preorders in & secure that free gift!

You can check some of the album samples on the FSM soundcloud page >> http://www.soundcloud.com/future-state-music
Vladel When do we get it?
trippnface gives us the beats
Vladel There's not much of May left.
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ D-Luc-D:
When would I have to order by to get the USB stick?

26th May :)

^^^ :) albums will begin going out on 26th guys
trippnface did links go out?
Vladel Had no emails so far
Vladel The thing must be going out by pigeon if they were sent out 26th may. Worse still nothing has been said of a delay.
GrahamC Showing as 'Out Now' when you go to the website but zilcho from Dave the Postman and nada in the Outlook inbox :(

If there is some sort of delay it should have been communicated by now, does not have to be via the forum here but an email to the purchasers would have been a courtesy...

Will keep watching the flap on the front door!
DJ D-Luc-D Don't think they've come back from pressing yet, but an email or something would be nice.
Ken Masters Apologies guys! There was a short delay during pressing but we're back on track. All albums will be dispatched the moment we receive them.
CDJay I sympathise. I pray people are nicer to you, than I

CDJay
djDMS This is a ******* joke!

Where's my album you useless *****

Not really, looking forward to getting it however long it takes.
Vladel
quote:
Apologies guys! There was a short delay during pressing but we're back on track. All albums will be dispatched the moment we receive them.

Well next time, how about letting people know?
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Apologies guys! There was a short delay during pressing but we're back on track. All albums will be dispatched the moment we receive them.

Well next time, how about letting people know?

Sorry guys. I never imagined, & hoped that it wouldn't run beyond the release date. I should've responded sooner. Noted.
Vladel Why not release the mp3s? They are the reason I bought the thing.
Vladel Still no F*****G update.
arpz I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, relax a little, you're not going to get it any quicker by upsetting yourself :)
PecheyTheLizard I'm pretty sure Ken is busy with other things right now, it won't hurt to wait a few days until he is done with all of his other important matters. Yes you payed money to him, but he is still waiting for everything to get done on the other end. Right now it's just a waiting game. Be patient : p
trippnface Lol. It's just Vladel's way of showing his appreciation and enthusiasm for a legit project.

getting angry over good hardcore is a good thing. Getting angry over bad hardcore is a bad thing.
robertybob
quote:
Getting angry over bad hardcore is a bad thing.

I think we can justifiably be angry at the Clubland 100% Hardcore album though ;)
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:
Getting angry over bad hardcore is a bad thing.

I think we can justifiably be angry at the Clubland 100% Hardcore album though ;)

Give it some credit; it came out on time :)
Vladel
quote:
Lol. It's just Vladel's way of showing his appreciation and enthusiasm for a legit project.

getting angry over good hardcore is a good thing. Getting angry over bad hardcore is a bad thing.

Admittedly i'm not a patient person
trippnface ........ >:(
Vladel Shipping in may and june is 2/3 done.
Ken Masters Sorry guys, I updated our order page with info but forgot to reply through the site.

Im assured the albums will be with me by tuesday this week and I can assure you they will be dispatched the very second I get my mitts on them.

Apologies again on the delay and response. We had issues at pressing & there was no sense in rushing through to meet the deadline if it compromised the overall quality of the release. I've poured a lot of emotion & passion into this release & I want it to show in the final product.

Im hopeful that you'll be receiving your albums, free Ravestars USB sticks and digital links, before the end of next week!
Ken Masters Just a quick update guys, the dispatching is well underway! There's still a fair few albums to get through but they'll reach you by the end of the week, early next week absolute latest.

Im very happy with the outcome & it'll have been worth the wait guys. Sorry for the delay.
trippnface
quote:
Just a quick update guys, the dispatching is well underway! There's still a fair few albums to get through but they'll reach you by the end of the week, early next week absolute latest.

Im very happy with the outcome & it'll have been worth the wait guys. Sorry for the delay.

we will still recieve download links?

will cry if uk peeps start reviewing before me lol
Vladel
quote:
quote:
Just a quick update guys, the dispatching is well underway! There's still a fair few albums to get through but they'll reach you by the end of the week, early next week absolute latest.

we will still recieve download links?

will cry if uk peeps start reviewing before me lol

I reckon you can expect them about half way through august
arpz

Got mine!

Going through it now, mix to follow :D
arpz My USB is corrupted :(

A couple of tracks are BROKEN :'(

Ok, make that 10 tracks :( Everything after and including Nakura - Elements
trippnface
quote:
My USB is corrupted :(

A couple of tracks are BROKEN :'(

Ok, make that 10 tracks :( Everything after and including Nakura - Elements

not the review i wanted!
Vladel Mine has arrived and I've had a quick run through but not enough to come up with any substantial opinion
GrahamC Got mine :)

Happy to say my USB is fine (dumped it to my servers quick though, just in case) and munched my free sweeties too!

Road trip to Aberdeen tomorrow so will test out the CD then
Vladel It's very odd actually.

Usually when i by an album there are two or three great stand out tracks, a few destroy your ears car crash attempts and everything else in between. This time i have found tracks i like but nothing really stands out as great for me and on the flipside, apart from the Lady Dubbz pile of rubbish and some jakka B stuff (hardly surprising), there isn't much to hate either.

There is a lot of middle of the road boring stuff like the Andy Wilson tracks that just moan their way from start to finish (like unknowns tracks, an ode to please shoot me before i get to the drop). The fallon track has a good vocal and a good tune but would have sounded dated in 2009.

The highlights would be:-

Daniel seven - Virtus
Demcore - rock your body
M-project & futureshock - under the lights (expected it to be better imo).

Admittedly i do have some congestion atm so my ears are a bit off but i would say i'm in-different.
Ken Masters Thanks for the feedback guys, im always happy to hear opinions, good or bad and will take everything on board as we build the second album :)

Ive had a few people say some of the mp3s on the usbs are corrupt whereas the majority seem to have been working fine. I'll be taking this up with the company who supplied them.

Either way, the digital download links for both mp3 & wavs will be emailed over the next few days :)

Thanks again for supporting the release!
Seraphoz Hi there.

The tracks are great, and they all work fine on the USB I was sent. Many thanks for the pack of haribo!

Finnbarr's track is my favourite, but there are loads of quality ones on there.

I made a quick mix, hope you enjoy.

CDJay
quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys, im always happy to hear opinions, good or bad and will take everything on board as we build the second album :)

Ive had a few people say some of the mp3s on the usbs are corrupt whereas the majority seem to have been working fine. I'll be taking this up with the company who supplied them.

Either way, the digital download links for both mp3 & wavs will be emailed over the next few days :)

It's a PITA, but I'd actually recommend getting them blank and loading yourself. That way you immediately identify any dud ones *and* if you keep an eye on transfer speeds you can also spot some more likely to fail (we had a few Diversions ones that were running half the speed of the rest, so we binned them).

CDJay
djDMS Mines empty anyway so will do it myself when I get the files.
Samination
quote:

It's a PITA, but I'd actually recommend getting them blank and loading yourself. That way you immediately identify any dud ones *and* if you keep an eye on transfer speeds you can also spot some more likely to fail (we had a few Diversions ones that were running half the speed of the rest, so we binned them).

CDJay

got any of the mback in refunds, or did you go for some dodgy chinese ones? :P
CDJay It's always dodgy Chinese ones, irrespective of where the point of sale is. Was only about 15 out if 200 so we just ignored it.

CDJay
Ken Masters
quote:
quote:
Thanks for the feedback guys, im always happy to hear opinions, good or bad and will take everything on board as we build the second album :)

CDJay

Thanks for the advice Jon. Noted!

It's a shame that a few weren't up to standard. Either way, i'll be ordering replacements so if anyone is having trouble using theirs please message me & i'll send you a replacement as soon as I receive them.

If you're lucky I may "sweeten" the deal with another bag of Haribo for your troubles ;)
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphoz:
Hi there.

The tracks are great, and they all work fine on the USB I was sent. Many thanks for the pack of haribo!

Finnbarr's track is my favourite, but there are loads of quality ones on there.

I made a quick mix, hope you enjoy.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the tracks sir, loving the mix too. Thanks for supporting :)
GrahamC Used to have nightmares with this particular model of USB!

The admin folks at work would order a pile with company branding on them and pass them out leaving it to us in IT to pick up the pieces when they inevitably failed and very important data got trashed.

CDJay is spot on with the write speeds (and also read speeds), my particular highlight was one getting so hot the rubber part of it melted and glued itself into the port, luckily it was a front port and Dell had those front panel as spares!

These days I will only touch Sandisk & Kingston flash drives.
Ken Masters
quote:
Used to have nightmares with this particular model of USB!

The admin folks at work would order a pile with company branding on them and pass them out leaving it to us in IT to pick up the pieces when they inevitably failed and very important data got trashed.

CDJay is spot on with the write speeds (and also read speeds), my particular highlight was one getting so hot the rubber part of it melted and glued itself into the port, luckily it was a front port and Dell had those front panel as spares!

Thanks for the feedback Graham, it's definitely a lesson learned! Serves me right for trying to be nice and send out a unique freebie! Haha

Next time i'll just send a larger bag of sweets. They seem to have been better received ;)
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
Used to have nightmares with this particular model of USB!

Thanks for the feedback Graham, it's definitely a lesson learned! Serves me right for trying to be nice and send out a unique freebie! Haha

Next time i'll just send a larger bag of sweets. They seem to have been better received ;)

I think what you tried, putting the USBs in was an awesome move, its a shame you maybe had a few duds in your batch but don't let that put you off doing it again, CDJay's advice about self loading is solid. It is admirable for a first try! I once had to do 500 drives that came in shaped like Xmas trees (don't ask!) and we just over-bought by 10% and came in slightly over the 500 mark.

I do still have 1 or 2 foldy drives like yours from back in 2008 which (touch wood) are still going strong.

Keep up the good work, at least you are trying and doing something new with the product.
PecheyTheLizard So I got my copy of ravestars in the mail and my poor little USB is empty :(

Sad face for days my fellow ravers
arpz Not for days! :)

Ken Masters
10 hrs ?

*FOR ALL CONCERNED*

- The emails containing the digital download links for the Unmixed WAV & MP3 Ravestars tracks will be emailed tomorrow!

- They'll be joined by a nice, shiny new free Future State Hardcore V3 digital album :)

#sundayfunday
PecheyTheLizard
quote:
Not for days! :)

Ken Masters
10 hrs ?

*FOR ALL CONCERNED*

- The emails containing the digital download links for the Unmixed WAV & MP3 Ravestars tracks will be emailed tomorrow!

- They'll be joined by a nice, shiny new free Future State Hardcore V3 digital album :)

#sundayfunday

Well holy hell, that was unexpected!
trippnface ok!!

NeoQor

who? I don't know.. but **** yes!!! dude did work. dig all the tracks.

when we meet again is top class. got me vibing super solid.

Really dig that Nakura track; prob one of my favs from him.

AOS and denile remix of heavyweight is beautiful ; like it more than fracus and darwin.
!
and the futureshock remix of rainbow girl is high energy as ****; absolutely love your guys style!!

PLEASE bring those vibes for northkore... i am sure we will hear enough gammercore/HSU style
hook us kandi kids up with those super cheese vibes please <3 ;)

those are my super winners; really dug these though too.

Blast em; eternity; surrender; and under the lights.

everything else was pretty meh for me; but just getting that many solid tracks as i did off this is pretty rare anymore.

good job @ ken masters dude; and big ups for the futurestate installment too <3 !

and that finnbarr video is ****ing hilarious!!!

Vladel
quote:
ok!!

NeoQor

AOS and denile remix of heavyweight is beautiful ; like it more than fracus and darwin.
!
and the futureshock remix of rainbow girl is high energy as ****; absolutely love your guys style!!

PLEASE bring those vibes for northkore... i am sure we will hear enough gammercore/HSU style

everything else was pretty meh for me; but just getting that many solid tracks as i did off this is pretty rare anymore.

good job @ ken masters dude; and big ups for the futurestate installment too <3 !

Sounds like the opposite to me but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same.

trippnface
quote:
quote:
ok!!

NeoQor

!

I figured. besides shitting on Gammer and such; our tastes usually tend to differ haha. Though it is another good indication Ken is working in the right direction across the board !
Ken Masters Thank you for the feedback! NeoQor is a Texan DJ/Producer that I work closely with :)

Oh! & don't you worry, i'll be unleashing a cheesy bag of tricks on the US visit!

Come up & say hi dude! I'll be the pale scotsman with the cap glued to my even paler, bald head, desperately trying to avoid the sun & survive the aftermath of the Metrocon liver assault! I'll say this in advance, please bring me water.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Thank you for the feedback! NeoQor is a Texan DJ/Producer that I work closely with :)

Oh! & don't you worry, i'll be unleashing a cheesy bag of tricks on the US visit!

Come up & say hi dude! I'll be the pale scotsman with the cap glued to my even paler, bald head, desperately trying to avoid the sun & survive the aftermath of the Metrocon liver assault! I'll say this in advance, please bring me water.

Are you visiting Texas? If so, I need to meet you!
Ken Masters
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Thank you for the feedback! NeoQor is a Texan DJ/Producer that I work closely with :)

Are you visiting Texas? If so, I need to meet you!

I'm afraid not. I'd hoped to sort something out but it wasn't to be this time.

Me & Sc@r will be at Metrocon Massive in Florida first, then we're pottering around LA for a few days before heading up to this Northkore that i've been hearing so much about!
trippnface
quote:

haha big ups; we will def hang out!

Vladel
quote:
quote:
quote:
ok!!

NeoQor

!

I figured. besides shitting on Gammer and such; our tastes usually tend to differ haha. Though it is another good indication Ken is working in the right direction across the board !

There wasn't anything that you mentioned that I particularly disliked which to be honest is largely true of ravestars. I'm pretty much focussed on the magic formula that ticks the boxes for me these days, but even I can't work out what that is. Tunes just st grab you or they don't and there doesn't seem to be a definite pattern. I have been listening to s3rl-boomerang relentlessly and I ordinarily can't stand S3rl. It just shows.

Ravestars though is a hell of a lot better than the shit hammer posts on soundcloud.

It took 4.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page