Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ Spree Is Back

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc I didn't know this until just now, but a well known happy/uk hardocre here in the US during his time named DJ Spree is back after a retirement from the scene. He left DJing in 2007 (give or take a year or 2). I know someone who would play at many events with him, and he told me he had to leave due to hearing issues. But now he has been back for a few months and here is his most recent mix, and I quite like it! Very eclectic.

https://www.soundcloud.com/craigspree/spree_halloween_omg
djchexmixer Nice post! Thanks, checking out mix now.

Used to listen to his mixes quite often.
latininxtc Damnit I don't know why I keep hitting the reply button instead of the edit button lol
Phobz Made one of the best hardcore tracks, Neverending Hardcore too :D
djchexmixer
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
Made one of the best hardcore tracks, Neverending Hardcore too :D

Bwaha, ya. Got myself a vinyl copy. Ultra cheesey tune.
Phobz Nice one matey it's one hell of a beauty that is. Cheesecore :D
Hard2Get I always appreciated his mixes.
djchexmixer
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I always appreciated his mixes.

Ditto. His "Anthems" series were a very nice round up.
ultraskool was he the guy who duo'ed with "Cloudskipper" or was that some MC Bee or something? i can't remember him too well.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
was he the guy who duo'ed with "Cloudskipper" or was that some MC Bee or something? i can't remember him too well.

Yeah
Samination the few I heard from him on Sonicfury where nice. The tracklist on this one looks varied enough to warrant a listen :P
Brian K
quote:
was he the guy who duo'ed with "Cloudskipper" or was that some MC Bee or something? i can't remember him too well.

Craig & Chris would do stuff together, but I'm wondering if you're also thinking of Spree's MC, ADB.
Smoogie I got a few of his mixes online a few years ago, his Summer Anthems being worth a listen and some live sets from the late 90s onwards. Worth a listen so glad to see her is back
jenks "animals and reptiles"

Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
"animals and reptiles"

What about them?
jenks Reptiles are animals.
Maggers Locked myself out of my other account. Woops. (Serenity)

So glad Craig is back. Hearing issues seem to be the downfall of many over here. But some of my best memories are from events he played! Have really enjoyed all the sets he's put up on soundcloud.
Hard2Get Maggers haha. Love it.
Cloudskipper really?

quote:

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudskipper:
really?

quote:

https://soundcloud.com/craigspree/oh-my-good-vibration-dj-spree
Smoogie Good news, if this as not an old bump...
mattpositive As an old friend, HHC crew member, and fellow 90s survivor, I was happy to hear DJ Spree is still taking the occasional hardcore gig. His set from Cowboy Funk in Brooklyn, NY on 4/22/2017 has a track list that's a mix of updated classics, Spree VIP mixes and the random old banger. Old Hardcore DJs don't die, they just disappear for years and then *bam* it's like 40 is the new 23, but no one plays vinyl and old UK dudes make you pay months before getting digital tunes.

At least people still vehemently hate HHC still and are *still* not afraid to tell you before/during/after you play. Anyway, Go Spreee!!!

DJ Spree at Cowboy Funk in Brooklyn, NY on 4/22/2017
https://soundcloud.com/craigspree/cowboy-funk-nyc-4222017-spree

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page