Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New Hixxy Remix

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Jacco

Absolutely love it. Hope we'll see more of him again.
DJ_FunDaBounce Love!
Captain Triceps Yeah, I quite like it.
The drunken scotsman Great track, good to see Hixxy still making good music, he was always one of my favourite producers.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Great track, good to see Hixxy still making good music, he was always one of my favourite producers.

The problem is that Hixxy makes good music and doesn't release it, which makes him a collosal dick. I admire his skills and love his tunes but he's still neverless a dick.
Bring Me Round To Love Just sounds like a typical Gammer track, in the old days Hixxy had his own unique sound and wasn't scared to think outside the box.
Samination I have to agree. He's playing it way to safe. It's okayish, but then was Hixxy REALLY that unique?
Captain Triceps I'd love it if he made some of his 90's style tracks with the big bouncy kicks and amens and mad synths, proper party music.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Great track, good to see Hixxy still making good music, he was always one of my favourite producers.

The problem is that Hixxy makes good music and doesn't release it, which makes him a collosal dick. I admire his skills and love his tunes but he's still neverless a dick.

Yeah, very frustrating.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
Just sounds like a typical Gammer track, in the old days Hixxy had his own unique sound and wasn't scared to think outside the box.

Sounds far better than anything Gammer has come out with in the last 2-3 years.
PatrickTheSaint This is from Darren Styles Project:Z 2017 Mix. A very good mix, imho. Hixxy did great with this remix. It was a safe play, but the end result is very soothing to my ears.
scottyd2k9 Not listened to hardcore for months, This has brought me back. I am bouncing in my chair. Up and down I go throwing shapes..
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:
Not listened to hardcore for months, This has brought me back. I am bouncing in my chair. Up and down I go throwing shapes..

like there has not been any good releases in months... I know I'm one of the pessimistic ones, but hearing people complaing and leaving because not 90% of the releases are good is starting to get tiring.
scottyd2k9
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:
Not listened to hardcore for months, This has brought me back. I am bouncing in my chair. Up and down I go throwing shapes..

like there has not been any good releases in months... I know I'm one of the pessimistic ones, but hearing people complaing and leaving because not 90% of the releases are good is starting to get tiring.

I'm not complaining. And I didn't leave. I just lost interest in everything. I might either be getting older or it's depression. I've lost interest in a lot of things. sometimes I come back months later and I through soundcloud or this forum and listen to the new tracks. Then I just stop listening entirely then I come back again. But I didn't say new releases aren't good. I've just bought the new Smiling Corpse album.
PatrickTheSaint Release promised this month

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ianstanderwick/status/896505672518574081
djscavenger It may be a 'safe' remix but its a very good one. I much pefer this that some of the derpcore that Gammer is knocking out these days.
Claxton Outstanding remix.

Edit: Hixxy himself!

got sent this via Twitter - laughable ! In these days when some people DO use ghost writters/producers i felt it was very important to say something, I would of just left a comment on his thread but i couldn't.
Some of his addition comments on this post are implying he's calling me out and accusing me of being someone who's taking all the credit.
Rumours & ******** like this have away of spreading and some can end up being damaging to your reputation.

I produce, engineer my own tunes & remixes from start to finish. I do not use anyone else in my studio, nor do i go to anyone else's studio unless i am doing a project with them.
I do not need a Ghost writer or producer & never will. I started to learn on the job from day one in the studio with Sunset regeme early to mid 90's and never stopped from there on in.

Myself, and other producer/dj's that are friends do send each other our 'work in progress' with tunes and get feed back/advise from each other and tips on whats new & how make certain effects or sounds but that's it. 
With this remix in particualr it went on monster cat so like ALL their releases, the mastering (which is not producing) was done by stone bank to my finished remix ready for release.

I ****ing hate drama/politics and don't normally give a shit but i had to clear this one up.
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Outstanding remix.

I wonder who engineered it for him...

Presumably Styles, Breeze, Re-con, Gammer, or himself?
djDMS That riff bears more than a passing resemblance (in part at least) to 'The world' by D&G
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
That riff bears more than a passing resemblance (in part at least) to 'The world' by D&G

Absolutely nothing like it.
PatrickTheSaint Remix out on friday.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1355685437813629&id=231082383607279
djDMS Saw all the trance heads going barmy over it being played at an event.

Makes Hardcore snobbery look like child's play.
Jacco Just seen it out on Spotify 8)
Vladel Got this today, shit for mixing with very little intro or outro
PatrickTheSaint https://open.spotify.com/track/5AMKuiBRtBQSOpw9ZqE9yO
PatrickTheSaint
quote:
got sent this via Twitter - laughable ! In these days when some people DO use ghost writters/producers i felt it was very important to say something, I would of just left a comment on his thread but i couldn't.
Some of his addition comments on this post are implying he's calling me out and accusing me of being someone who's taking all the credit.
Rumours & ******** like this have away of spreading and some can end up being damaging to your reputation.

I produce, engineer my own tunes & remixes from start to finish. I do not use anyone else in my studio, nor do i go to anyone else's studio unless i am doing a project with them.
I do not need a Ghost writer or producer & never will. I started to learn on the job from day one in the studio with Sunset regeme early to mid 90's and never stopped from there on in.

Myself, and other producer/dj's that are friends do send each other our 'work in progress' with tunes and get feed back/advise from each other and tips on whats new & how make certain effects or sounds but that's it.
With this remix in particualr it went on monster cat so like ALL their releases, the mastering (which is not producing) was done by stone bank to my finished remix ready for release.

I ****ing hate drama/politics and don't normally give a shit but i had to clear this one up.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1368812406500932&id=231082383607279
Vladel I stand with Hixxy. Sounds like jealousy to me.
Claxton I stand corrected for my earlier post in this thread. I thought it sounded like Hixxy all along....

HTID in the Sun 2015 I had a *very* drunken conversation with Hixxy when he was just about to jump back in the studio and told him he shouldn't worry about getting up to speed with modern production and should just write good music.

He clearly ignored everything I said. He did say how he had written a handful of original vocals ready to be recorded, but I don't think we've seen any of these yet.

Btw, Ganar just committed career suicide...

djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

Btw, Ganar just committed career suicide...

What have I missed?
ViolonC Some rant involving Hixxy. Wouldn't even say it was very out of the ordinary from what i saw (very little).

Also who even cares? The elitism some hardcore producers show is hilarious. Go program your own plug-ins if you think you can do it ALL alone.
Samination I still can't hear any difference from either Gammer or DS, so if someone is calling out Hixxy on it, I wont be surprised.

But since Hixxy has been out of the loop for some time now, I'm not surprised if he just "copied someone else's homework"...
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
Some rant involving Hixxy. Wouldn't even say it was very out of the ordinary from what i saw (very little).

Also who even cares? The elitism some hardcore producers show is hilarious. Go program your own plug-ins if you think you can do it ALL alone.

I think Hixxy's well within his rights to defend that accusation. Ganar essentially accused him of taking credit for someone else's work.

Can't stand people who create drama like this, sad bastards.
Samination Ganar shouldn't the first person to talk tbh. He's always sounded like DS or Gammer before, just how Audiojunkiee and Stylus sounded like Breeze & Styles 10 years ago
wong ganar regularly goes off on one like this, usually late on a friday night, so obviously when hes had a few too many. I remember when he tore into fallon for the exact same thing.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
ganar regularly goes off on one like this, usually late on a friday night, so obviously when hes had a few too many. I remember when he tore into fallon for the exact same thing.

A bit like that moron Skarr who occasionally posts on here at 3am on a Sunday morning when he's been up all night snorting gear.
danielseven I love this remix so much!

No pun intended. So much energy into it!
Jacco Anyone got a link to Ganars accusations?
ViolonC Has been deleted.
Jacco What else....
trippnface Was this about the saving light remix?

track is weak as ****.

Someone could have said darren or breeze or stonebank made that; and nobody would bat an eye.

That is just disgustingly wrong.

What happened to knowing who wrote the track by their style?

Man Hixxy... WEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK
trippnface
quote:
Saw all the trance heads going barmy over it being played at an event.

they liked it; or did not like it?

i would not have been pleased. it's not ****ing trance; it's not ****ing hardcore; it's modified hardstyle.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

i would not have been pleased. it's not ****ing trance; it's not ****ing hardcore; it's modified hardstyle.

It's beautiful.

and it goes down well in sets, too.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:
quote:

It's beautiful.

and it goes down well in sets, too.

not feelin it at all. this style of " hardcore" is bland as hell imo.

I would def find myself running over to the dnb stage for some actual power ; shit; i would take gabber over this sleepy nonsense. it lacks so much energy that uk hardcore has.

no idea why the hardcore leaders want to pussify the genre so much.
djDMS
quote:
quote:

Generally, massively disliked.

I thought a lot of Hardcore listeners were closed minded but that was on another level.
htid_4_life does it matter that much if it sounds similar to something else? if you enjoy it buy it, if you don't, then save your money. It is ironic when people say "it sounds like gammer it should only sound like your own music" so you do or don't want his music to sound the same? why should he use the same kicks and things for years on end, the scene did that before and eventually it nearly died, it went stale things needed to change, god forbid when they do hey
CDJay 100 percent worked in 2012.

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought a lot of Hardcore listeners were closed minded but that was on another level.

I just don't see how paying hard earned money for one thing; and then unexpectedly getting another and being uspset is honestly close minded. People are paying for what they want to hear. I think everybody already knows most trance listeners are not fans of hardcore; I guess it's a cool shout out to hixxy and hardcore?

this idea that everybody loves every genre and they should all go together and nobody will complain is seriously whack. the huge variety between them all and the differences because and why people like those differences is what makes it all ideal; not trying to conform so everyone is content.

I guess everyone has an opinion on how many off genre songs should be played in a certain set of a certain genre; i think it should be about zero. I want the pure journey of the journey I love; and paid for. Maybe things need to evolve to be more clear about certain sets in certain places for seperate reasons.

I know at a psytrance fest nobody has any issue with hours upon hours of psytrance; but if someone decided to drop a trap remix to give their friend props ( or whatever) ; most people ( sure ; not all) would get upset. people should speak up for the specific thing they love. the ever forgiving and accepting hardcore scene probably has more issues because of those reasons.
Captain Triceps
quote:
the ever forgiving and accepting hardcore scene

jordesuvi
quote:

this idea that everybody loves every genre and they should all go together and nobody will complain is seriously whack. the huge variety between them all and the differences because and why people like those differences is what makes it all ideal; not trying to conform so everyone is content.

I guess everyone has an opinion on how many off genre songs should be played in a certain set of a certain genre; i think it should be about zero. I want the pure journey of the journey I love; and paid for. Maybe things need to evolve to be more clear about certain sets in certain places for seperate reasons.

Just my two penneth, but with all due respect, I think you're in the minority here.
Imagine I'm just a normal dude that dabbles on SoundCloud a bit with no real defined taste in music that happened to go to a Gareth Emery show. If he played all the vocal emotional trance stuff I'd be "ok cool that was a great show and what I expected".
However I'd find a performance to be a lot more memorable if he flipped the usual trope of banging out the same genre of music for two hours and dropped a Hixxy or Darren Styles remix of one of his songs in his set. Ultimately I'd either go "mehh, that wasn't for me" or I'd be like "Wowww, what is this?!!"
I think being polarizing and setting yourself apart from the crowd you were supposedly part of (this also applies to Gammer and to a degree S3RL too) is what gets you noticed.

Sort of the same applies to Hardwell that year he closed Ultra fest. Idk if you watched the livestream but being a dude typically known for mainstream prog/electro house he decided to close his headlining show with Hardstyle. On twitter you had people both criticizing and praising his decision either way it ruffled feathers and got people talking about him.

Also, if you paid for a specific "Psy Trance Festival 2017" then sure, whatever. But if I paid for a Gareth Emery Show I'm gonna get a Gareth Emery show, which can be whatever he decides to show me... not "Vocal Trance Show".
I'll still have expectations like "oh, I hope he plays concrete angel" but you get my point.
djDMS
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just don't see how paying hard earned money for one thing; and then unexpectedly getting another and being uspset is honestly close minded. People are paying for what they want to hear. I think everybody already knows most trance listeners are not fans of hardcore; I guess it's a cool shout out to hixxy and hardcore?

I know at a psytrance fest nobody has any issue with hours upon hours of psytrance; but if someone decided to drop a trap remix to give their friend props ( or whatever) ; most people ( sure ; not all) would get upset. people should speak up for the specific thing they love. the ever forgiving and accepting hardcore scene probably has more issues because of those reasons.

That's all well and good but most of the comments I saw weren't even from people who were there
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
quote:

Just my two penneth, but with all due respect, I think you're in the minority here.
Imagine I'm just a normal dude that dabbles on SoundCloud a bit with no real defined taste in music that happened to go to a Gareth Emery show. If he played all the vocal emotional trance stuff I'd be "ok cool that was a great show and what I expected".
However I'd find a performance to be a lot more memorable if he flipped the usual trope of banging out the same genre of music for two hours and dropped a Hixxy or Darren Styles remix of one of his songs in his set. Ultimately I'd either go "mehh, that wasn't for me" or I'd be like "Wowww, what is this?!!"
I think being polarizing and setting yourself apart from the crowd you were supposedly part of (this also applies to Gammer and to a degree S3RL too) is what gets you noticed.

Sort of the same applies to Hardwell that year he closed Ultra fest. Idk if you watched the livestream but being a dude typically known for mainstream prog/electro house he decided to close his headlining show with Hardstyle. On twitter you had people both criticizing and praising his decision either way it ruffled feathers and got people talking about him.

Also, if you paid for a specific "Psy Trance Festival 2017" then sure, whatever. But if I paid for a Gareth Emery Show I'm gonna get a Gareth Emery show, which can be whatever he decides to show me... not "Vocal Trance Show".
I'll still have expectations like "oh, I hope he plays concrete angel" but you get my point.

this is touchy stuff; were these problems around in the 90'?

a hardcore artist would just drop into a house track and everybody loved it because " diversity" ?

a dnb artist dropped an old school hardcore track and the crowd was expected to accept and or enjoy it?

I just see it a a tactic of division. It divides more than it unites.

and the " ever forgiving and accepting hardcore scene " clearly does not apply to me ;)

I have zero issues calling anybody out over percieved faults or fallicious statements/ actions. As I owuld expect anybody to call me out for doing the same . this fanyboy disease is truly pitiful. It is definitely the worst here in USA with these " kandi kid" types.

Gammer and s3rl might have gotten more " noticed" but the quality went way down; and the most serious of their fanbase moved away.

They can call it success if they want.... more like taking advantage of the most basic and commerical aspects of a certain aspect for monetary gain. Not my defintion of success... to each their own.
trippnface Gotta love it. Here we have brand new artist throwing out a mega banger that trashes 90% of the degraded and watered down " hardcore" we all sit here and try to convince ourselves still sounds good. Hardcore needs a serious revival; and as long as people keep pushing hardcore lite; ( and especially from the old titans that are now near irrelevant ) we are going nowhere; and at an incredible speed. Time to throw ourt support behind artists that are interested in producing happy/ uk hardcore. I know loads of em. amateurs with superb talent. Can we start moving foreward?

https://soundcloud.com/scarreddigital-com/wulfx-lemon-juice
Vladel
quote:
Gotta love it. Here we have brand new artist throwing out a mega banger that trashes 90% of the degraded and watered down " hardcore" we all sit here and try to convince ourselves still sounds good. Hardcore needs a serious revival; and as long as people keep pushing hardcore lite; ( and especially from the old titans that are now near irrelevant ) we are going nowhere; and at an incredible speed. Time to throw ourt support behind artists that are interested in producing happy/ uk hardcore. I know loads of em. amateurs with superb talent. Can we start moving foreward?

I do like that one.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Gotta love it. Here we have brand new artist throwing out a mega banger that trashes 90% of the degraded and watered down " hardcore" we all sit here and try to convince ourselves still sounds good. Hardcore needs a serious revival; and as long as people keep pushing hardcore lite; ( and especially from the old titans that are now near irrelevant ) we are going nowhere; and at an incredible speed. Time to throw ourt support behind artists that are interested in producing happy/ uk hardcore. I know loads of em. amateurs with superb talent. Can we start moving foreward?

I do like that one.

I have so much love and respect for any new producer still trying to produce real hardcore.

How upsetting and difficult it must be to get acknowledged ( even with superb talent) in a genre where the only people who get recognition; are those who earned it over 15 years ago. The elements of the hardcore scene that are well versed; or outspoken enough; are simply not big enough.

on the HTID page there was a poll "who do you want to see!?"

Who was #1 and #2 ? Styles & Gammer.

I am just dumfounded. Why? They stopped making serious ( or clublandy; take your pick) hardcore; and they hardly play it. Come running was a long time ago. So was stuff like walk away or get away. Anybody who sees them now should now how massively the energy level is down. I seriously can't think of 2 hardcore producers I would rather see less. BUT THE MAJORITY HAS SPOKEN!

" I feel like i'm taking crazy pills" !

ANYbody getting into hardcore; generally hears styles and gammer first. Giving the false impression; what is played at EDC is happy hardcore. Driving an absolutely MASSIVE element of unaware and mostly uncaring ravers directly into a tiny scene with individuals who have much more specific tastes. Anybody who speaks up is immediately ostracized and called a hater.

Who do our heroes sympathize with?

Of course; not us. Respect is worth less than Money.

Until we prove what is valued and important for the actual supporters of hardcore ( not EDC converts that will utterly forget who gammer and styles are in 3 years; after this trap fad dies) hardcore will keep getting chipped away until there is nothing left and it dies entirely. Which perhaps woule be a good thing at this point. What a mess.

It took 3.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page