Total online 2045
 Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 whatever happened to DJ Cammy or DJ Rankin?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mental_Adam I know this was quite a heated subject around 2005-2006 time,

Alot of kids at the time were using file sharing websites to find music and obviously the two most notorious people for the whole ripping off someone elses song and speeding it up and putting it under their name were the DJ Cammy or DJ Rankin.

I know people probably don't come across it that much now, not on the scale of the years i mentioned above.

However, I'm just curious if anyone knew whatever happened or came of this little trend during the mid 2000s. I obviously hated the fact and spotting it out for the unaware that the tracks were rip offs

latininxtc If you really hated the trend you would be glad that it's gone and never wonder what happened to it in the first place lol

As far as DJ Rankin goes, I saw someone post this under on of the Truth About Rankin videos:

Actually Rankin had the chance to play regular gigs and co-produce original tracks (or at least remixes that were cleared with the original artist) but on every occasion was a complete twat to people. Now he plays at 'old skool' nights at universities in Ireland. For some reason loads of people in ROI grew up thinking he was a famous DJ when he only played a handful of actual DJing gigs his entire life. Most or all of them at Under-18s events.
Smoogie Cammy went to jail so I heard and Rankin was said to be a 'Chav' or Ned as they call them in Scotland and it was rumoured that he was going to get signed to AATW but I doubt anything came of it.

It was a big thing at the time, Cammy & Rankin amongst others making crappy tunes but I think it went out of fashion as Dubstep has taken over and I think the genre is not one to rip off as there aren't as many 'love songs' to speed up. It was a big thing in 2006 with fans listening to Rankin & Cammy stuff as well as Clubland and Raverbaby stuff and even going as far as calling Rankin 'Hardcore'

Thankfully those times have passed or at least for now anyway
Entity Cammy did spend some time in prison, but a Judge let him out early... you can look it up on the internet - and probably buried in the forums here.

Didn't realise we were actually friends on Facebook - he replied to one of my posts saying I was his favourite producer. I thought his name rang a bell, so I checked his page and if I remember rightly he turned all religious - and then unfriended me shortly after! :(

Didn't Rankin support Akon at some huge party in Ireland?
jimmyhypa
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:

Didn't Rankin support Akon at some huge party in Ireland?

Yes, how I'll never know.

Another one of life's great mystery's .
Elliott HAH! Yes!

Don't forget the out-of-time rap acapellas they laid over nearly every tune!
djDMS I'm sure i once pretended i did a tune with DJ Rankin.

Don't think anybody believed me because the acappella was in time with the sped up eurodance tune i used.
Smoogie The worse I ever heard was a 'remix' of XTM - Fly on wings of love which was literally just sped up with a few acapellas. I have never seen anything get so much abuse on Youtube lol
Claxton Gutted they have both disappered.... Both wer propa mint like!! My bestest one was the one were it went rithem is a danca propa belta of a tuneeeeee!!!

Sik skills rankin! 1 ov most top hardcore djs eva!! used to luv sittin at bak of da bus blastin his tunnys on my fone!! like a shoootingg starrrr....... whoppaaa
Hard2Get
quote:
If you really hated the trend you would be glad that it's gone and never wonder what happened to it in the first place lol

Lol that's what i was thinking. Given that no one wanted them around to begin with i wouldn't expect anyone to be asking why they are no longer here. They would just be glad they are gone and never have to talk about them again.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Gutted they have both disappered.... Both wer propa mint like!! My bestest one was the one were it went rithem is a danca propa belta of a tuneeeeee!!!

Sik skills rankin! 1 ov most top hardcore djs eva!! used to luv sittin at bak of da bus blastin his tunnys on my fone!! like a shoootingg starrrr....... whoppaaa

Didn't he do some sick remixes of Hixxy songs like Discolands and Pretty Green Eyes?
Samination Everyone forgotten about the Nightcore scene already? Do you people even youtube? =P There's still many more Rankin and Cammy. Have you already forgotten how DjFlammy sounded when he first came on here?
Claxton
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Gutted they have both disappered.... Both wer propa mint like!! My bestest one was the one were it went rithem is a danca propa belta of a tuneeeeee!!!

Didn't he do some sick remixes of Hixxy songs like Discolands and Pretty Green Eyes?

Hixxy!!??? Wot u talkin bowt? You tryin 2 plagerise Rankins tooons? Dey woz rankin origees! evry1 nows dat!
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hixxy!!??? Wot u talkin bowt? You tryin 2 plagerise Rankins tooons? Dey woz rankin origees! evry1 nows dat!

yu dizzy blad!
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
If you really hated the trend you would be glad that it's gone and never wonder what happened to it in the first place lol

As far as DJ Rankin goes, I saw someone post this under on of the Truth About Rankin videos:

Actually Rankin had the chance to play regular gigs and co-produce original tracks (or at least remixes that were cleared with the original artist) but on every occasion was a complete twat to people. Now he plays at 'old skool' nights at universities in Ireland. For some reason loads of people in ROI grew up thinking he was a famous DJ when he only played a handful of actual DJing gigs his entire life. Most or all of them at Under-18s events.

You seem to know a disturbing (inappropriate?) amount about him dude!
Hard2Get
quote:
but on every occasion was a complete twat to people.

Sounds about right for someone that rips people off.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

You seem to know a disturbing (inappropriate?) amount about him dude!

illiterate twat, you missed what I said in the 2nd line

Wasn't me who put up that bit of knowledge, it was a post that I copied and pasted from the comments pages on that Truth About DJ Rankin YouTube video.

Smoogie
quote:

sowwie blud but Hixxy is da man love his remix of Rankins chhones I downloded da otha nyt lyke save me an 6 days luff da old skool innit bois
Triquatra Oh I saw it alright, but you still retained the info, Rankin lover! ;)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Oh I saw it alright, but you still retained the info, Rankin lover! ;)

Lol
Smoogie So sikk is dis tune innit blud
Elliott How do most people know about this stuff anyway?

I will freely admit that as a young teenage pirate using Limew*** for everything I encountered a lot of tracks tagged as being by Cammy/Rankin/etc. while performing some incredibly vague searches for "techno" and the like. As a metalhead, everything that doesn't involve real instruments is "techno".

Anyway, I always assumed that knowledge of these little rip-off merchants was restricted to a fairly small subset of society (e.g. typical P2P users).
Smoogie I remember Lime_wire well it had loads of stuff from albums put onto it I knew some people used to download stuff and not even know the next track from a mixed CD.

Rankin was awful though, some of it was just sped up and nothing else, no attempt at any production and could even be made in just 10 mins and within 30 mins was being download across the world
Backmasker
quote:
Rankin was awful though, some of it was just sped up and nothing else

Never did Vibes and Stompy any harm

Mental_Adam If you typed in Happy Hardcore you would come across the usual suspects like "Children of the Night", "wonderful days", "I'm Ravin"... you get the picture.

I remember that dj cammy and dj rankin tracks came up as well.

I was just curious on mentioning them as it's been a few years and ever wondered if they actually became anything
Entity
quote:
Originally posted by Backmasker:
quote:

Never did Vibes....

Whoops.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never did Vibes....

Whoops.

I believe that the said tune was sped up and released under a false name so Vibes could then remix it. It is really the only known 'Old Skool' tune to ever be treated in such a way though
sense_of_hardcore
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
I was just curious on mentioning them as it's been a few years and ever wondered if they actually became anything

No, I think both of them are suffering from writer's block.
Phobz if($timemachine == 'invented'){ del RANKIN from EXISTENCE; } else { kick RANKIN in BALLS; }
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never did Vibes....

Whoops.

I believe that the said tune was sped up and released under a false name so Vibes could then remix it. It is really the only known 'Old Skool' tune to ever be treated in such a way though

Vibes didn't remix it though. It's the exact same tune.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
if($timemachine == 'invented'){ del RANKIN from EXISTENCE; } else { kick RANKIN in BALLS; }

if ( exists($timemachine) ) { MAKE rankin; MAKE money }
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never did Vibes....

Whoops.

Kinda like those VISA LP with Dune tracks sold on Imorecords?
Triquatra Maybe he meant stompy, because stompy at least put some effort in on his remix
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never did Vibes....

Whoops.

Kinda like those VISA LP with Dune tracks sold on Imorecords?

Don't really know what that was all about. The difference here is that imorecords clearly aren't Visa so not sure why they used that name for the represses.
Samination I bought a whitelabel record from IMO Records that had 3 tracks originally by Dune. I'm pretty sure they marketed it as a VISA remix LP
Smoogie
quote:

There is a Stompy Remix on Bonkers 6 which is credited as being DJ Vibes - Techno Wonderland (Stompy's Bonkers Mix)

Hard2Get Vibes still didn't make any version though. It's meant to be a remix of the one Vibes time stretched. But since he didn't make it, the fact his name on it is meaningless.
Phobz
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Phobz:
if($timemachine == 'invented'){ del RANKIN from EXISTENCE; } else { kick RANKIN in BALLS; }

if ( exists($timemachine) ) { MAKE rankin; MAKE money }

Good one jacek :)
Hard2Get
quote:
I bought a whitelabel record from IMO Records that had 3 tracks originally by Dune. I'm pretty sure they marketed it as a VISA remix LP

I know, i remember. I was going to buy it. I'm just saying i don't understand it.
Smoogie
quote:
Vibes still didn't make any version though. It's meant to be a remix of the one Vibes time stretched. But since he didn't make it, the fact his name on it is meaningless.

One of Hardcore's many mystery's lol I wonder if Vibes will ever give any insight into it. There are some unreleased tunes on his mix as well which happened to be the only Bonkers mix he ever done
Serenity
quote:
quote:
Vibes still didn't make any version though. It's meant to be a remix of the one Vibes time stretched. But since he didn't make it, the fact his name on it is meaningless.

One of Hardcore's many mystery's lol I wonder if Vibes will ever give any insight into it. There are some unreleased tunes on his mix as well which happened to be the only Bonkers mix he ever done

That track isn't a mystery - he really did just compress the track to be faster and released it on vinyl. Doesn't mean he didn't write and play a lot of wicked music, and that track works incredibly well at hardcore speeds. But it wasn't written/produced by Vibes. (I still have my copy on vinyl - it was one of the first records I ever owned!)
Anon. He's back. Dear lord.

https://www.facebook.com/djrankinofficial/
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
He's back. Dear lord.

https://www.facebook.com/djrankinofficial/

Flipping Henry he as even done a track called 'Love Island' but does he ever remember how awful his tunes I mean bootlegs where?

Also are his old fans, now aged 27 upwards going to find a baby sitter for their kids (of which they would have a few) and go to one of his gigs?
Smoogie Well not as bad as I thought and one for the real Happy Hardcore lovers but I guess that 'DJ Zitkus' is the one who did all the work!

Smoogie Well they finally teamed up! Wasn't Cammy once banged up in prison?

Samination Rankin's been running his own event for a very long time now, so he hasn't been away really
Smoogie New footage of Rankin fans grown up:

DJIntensity There was a rumour Rankin called DJ Rankin the album.

It took 2.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page