Radio listeners 163+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What's happened to HTID in the sun?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
PhantomB So was speaking to my mate the other day and he said next year he definitely is gonna book HTID in the sun as he's been saying for year's he wants to go and he's getting on a bit now lol but it got me thinking does HTID in the sun even exist anymore? There didn't seem to be one one this year and last year if I recall it was only for a few day's not the whole 7 like it used to be. When I said this to him he said oh well I'll go to uproar in the dam instead but am I right in thinking there hasn't been an uproar in the dam for at least 3 years? All I can find from recent time's is innovation in the dam which is drum and bass. So what's happened to these two big hardcore events and if they have stopped doing them completely does anyone know why?
Smoogie So has Hardcore till I die actually died?
Craig Cairney Probably has something to do with the dwindling numbers over the years. I remember when things were great, they had 1500 (plus) over etc. The last few ones were struggling to get 400.
The drunken scotsman No idea if they did one or not this year but if not then it will be the first time since it started in 07. In total I went to 4 ITS events - 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Nothing will ever come close to 2007. The buzz during that kick off set on the first night is something I had never seen before and never again since.

It was such a different feel to the event when I returned in 2012 and 2013. Numbers were down massively which is obviously representative of hardcore in general. Lloret de Mar is also a bit of a shitehole so I guess a lot of people got fed up heading there every summer. They changed to Magaluf in 2015 which was definitely a good move but I havent been back since that year. Numbers were still relatively low.

If HTID has been bought out now, it wouldn?t surprise me if they just decided to cancel the event. It takes a lot of work to organise and if theres not a decent return on investment then whats the point.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Probably has something to do with the dwindling numbers over the years. I remember when things were great, they had 1500 (plus) over etc. The last few ones were struggling to get 400.

Was this the one Ravers Reunited tried to steal their visitors, or was that the year before?
PhantomB
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
No idea if they did one or not this year but if not then it will be the first time since it started in 07. In total I went to 4 ITS events - 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Nothing will ever come close to 2007. The buzz during that kick off set on the first night is something I had never seen before and never again since.

It was such a different feel to the event when I returned in 2012 and 2013. Numbers were down massively which is obviously representative of hardcore in general. Lloret de Mar is also a bit of a shitehole so I guess a lot of people got fed up heading there every summer. They changed to Magaluf in 2015 which was definitely a good move but I havent been back since that year. Numbers were still relatively low.

If HTID has been bought out now, it wouldn?t surprise me if they just decided to cancel the event. It takes a lot of work to organise and if theres not a decent return on investment then whats the point.

I can imagine as UK Hardcore was truly at it's peak around 2007, shame how thing's change :(

PhantomB And what about uproar in the dam? Anyone know if that's still going? If not then jeez I guess UK Hardcore really is pretty much dead these days
Guest it died with uk hardcore

http://www.ibizahard.com/

lineups normally suck and is all uptempo ********

its the power of chix in hotpants and pimped cars, and my horse of awesome dj skills that created the empire in the uk and spent years telling you how it was going while everyone was crying about nothing

Thumpa The last Uproar In The Dam was 2015, Uproar the brand has now changed hands and has had a succesful return event to Birmingham last weekend.

HTID had an event in London at the O2 in May that looked quite busy. HTID In The Sun went from 2000 people (2007 ish) to around 500 (2016/17) so its easy to see why it stopped after last year, its a lot of money to hire venues and fly DJs out, I've been told the costs and its hard to see how they made money the last few years.

Uproar will be doing another event in Birmingham soon I am told!
Samination TBH, with the weather in the UK right now, why bother taking an expensive trip to another hot country? :P
DJIntensity It?s not what it used to be 10 years ago.
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The last Uproar In The Dam was 2015, Uproar the brand has now changed hands and has had a succesful return event to Birmingham last weekend.

HTID had an event in London at the O2 in May that looked quite busy. HTID In The Sun went from 2000 people (2007 ish) to around 500 (2016/17) so its easy to see why it stopped after last year, its a lot of money to hire venues and fly DJs out, I've been told the costs and its hard to see how they made money the last few years.

should be an uproar in bristol, bristol was always the biggest events in motion, it will need a hardstyle room to fill the void of bionic events being no more

after 6 years [ 2009 - 2015 ] of hardcore events being at motion every other month, there has'nt been an event for over a year
skarr Ajay ran it into the ground, ruined it for everyone for his own personal gain.
skarr Also the htid in london was dead, not even a 3rd full .
skarr
quote:
The last Uproar In The Dam was 2015, Uproar the brand has now changed hands and has had a succesful return event to Birmingham last weekend.

You said that the last in the sun did make money, Ajay told you it did ?I can remember you saying it.
skarr And if ajay said it its definitely true.
skarr Ajay, thumpa and Lee uhf, lol
Core_Hunter There was no HTID in the sun this year but was one last year.

It was quite successful and I think the genre in general is gaining more popularity than in recent years. HTID isn't dead and is now owned by HSU which i believe might be Australian?

There have been 2 recent HTID events, one in Bournemouth and one in London at the o2. Most popular raves at the moment are Ravers Reunited.

When it comes to outside the UK, unity still happens more or less every year over in Greece.
Guest masters of hardcore are in scotland in september

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Glasgow/SWG3/Masters-of-Hardcore-Scotland-2018/13273642/

that should be in bristol to
LeeUHF
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Ajay, thumpa and Lee uhf, lol

Huh ?
Samination don't mind skarr, he is/was a little bit of a troll
trippnface
quote:

HTID had an event in London at the O2 in May that looked quite busy. HTID In The Sun went from 2000 people (2007 ish) to around 500 (2016/17)

2000 attendance was the height for one of our scene's biggest festivals??

Was anything bigger than HTID in the sun?

What was hardcore's biggest show ever?
jenks Getting 2000 people to go on holiday to Magaluf for an event probably isn't that easy.
Samination I'm pretty sure any outdoor rave within the UK can get a lot more than 2000 people
Alex Threat Rezerection in 2019 must have had about 8k + people there?
trippnface I was talking shit on house music and someone said if house isn't popular in the UK how does Camelphat sell out 12k shows without even trying?

Then I came back with " I only know Camelphat as happy/uk hardcore legend Re-con/Ultrabeat, and I said he sold out bigger shows to better crowds" lol. Then I thought I might be a liar, so I am wondering, at the prime, what was probably the biggest crowd the hardcore leaders played too?

Some of the ultrabeat clubland live shows look absolutely massive.
Samination When is House never the most popular Dance music on clubs?
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
I was talking shit on house music and someone said if house isn't popular in the UK how does Camelphat sell out 12k shows without even trying?

Then I came back with " I only know Camelphat as happy/uk hardcore legend Re-con/Ultrabeat, and I said he sold out bigger shows to better crowds" lol. Then I thought I might be a liar, so I am wondering, at the prime, what was probably the biggest crowd the hardcore leaders played too?

Some of the ultrabeat clubland live shows look absolutely massive.

I only know Camelphat as a plugin from years ago that was good for distortion ><
SolidShark that's awful. There's no where to post Hardcore tunes but on here then.
trippnface Lol.

What a toss.

RIP
Icewind A shame that some of the big events in the UK aren't what they used to be. Now that covid restrictions have loosened, I can only hope these legendary events make a come back!

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page