Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HHC.com Remix Competition thread!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
SparkzMusic The remix phase has started!!!

Participants are:

9oh9
DJGouda
MusicILove
Mansy
DJ_FunDaBounce
Impulse_Response
Captain Triceps
M@rtin J

You now have until the 10th July to finish your remix and PM it to me. Don't post it publicly.

After the 10th I will make clips of each remix and post them up anonymously here for people to vote for their favourites.

Examples:

SparkzMusic For those being sent the vocals.... Here's the midi's in case you need them:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b5owknmp4fmcyus/Virtue_%26_Slammer_-_Don%27t_Go_%28Remix_Pack%29.zip/file
nickstradi I think I've sent a pm for vocals, but I'm not sure.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by nickstradi:
I think I've sent a pm for vocals, but I'm not sure.

Your 76 years old?
Mansy
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:

Your 76 years old?

Haha. Obviosuly just wanting to leech the vocals!
nickstradi Wow.

MusicILove, does it matter?

Mansy, haha, very funny, a very good way to alienate anyone new and interested, you're probably making your mom proud of you, no wonder why your production quality is that awesome, cause most of the time you're busy at self-expressing yourself typing insults and jerking off. I suggest you change your field of profession to comedian, you'll be more successful at it.

My nickname can be easily googled, but I don't think you'll do anything else except for jumping to your own conclusions, I hope this is not the same case with everyone else, just you kek
MusicILove Just a joke not being mean. I think a lot of people just click anything for the date of birth.
Mansy
quote:
Wow.

Mansy, haha, very funny, a very good way to alienate anyone new and interested, you're probably making your mom proud of you, no wonder why your production quality is that awesome, cause most of the time you're busy at self-expressing yourself typing insults and jerking off. I suggest you change your field of profession to comedian, you'll be more successful at it.

My nickname can be easily googled, but I don't think you'll do anything else except for jumping to your own conclusions, I hope this is not the same case with everyone else, just you kek

Well since you went over the top with your reply to a very valid point as lets be honest, this is a fourm and people do make quick accounts, get what they want and then **** off, i went to the trouble and googled you and it just showed this..... :)
https://images.app.goo.gl/ee2uAHDgS3yC7Kjq8
MusicILove Oh I didn?t see he just joined and had 0 posts kinda looks fishy to me.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
quote:
Wow.

Well since you went over the top with your reply to a very valid point as lets be honest, this is a fourm and people do make quick accounts, get what they want and then **** off, i went to the trouble and googled you and it just showed this..... :)

His response was way over the top. Yeah I think he was just here for the vocal.
nickstradi
quote:

See - you should be a comedian, not a music producer, it's a shame such a bright talent is wasted on hhc forums. Where I can find tickets to your stand-up show?

Sorry dude, you've made your point already, I didn't came here to have a discussion with you, if you feel lonely or whatever. Funny, I've found something about you in google too...... :)
https://i.imgur.com/BavNf0Z.png
SparkzMusic Here's my take (but please mods, delete these posts about it tomorrow or something as it derails the comp thread).

I've been producing for a very long time now. A few times, I've been in the right place at the right time or people have liked my work enough to ask me to do a version of their work.

In this case, Virtue asked me personally and sent the vocals to me.

I'm no tight arse. I won't hold vocals until the hard drive fails and all is lost. But equally I don't want to risk them being spread around the net which devalues my own time in the scene and the trust I was given to be sent the vox in the first place.

I'd only release them now in moderation as it's been countless years since that track and I can imagine the few that were sent the vocals have probably lost them.

Unless I know someone who joins the site as a new member now, I'm not going to pass them out to new signups who I don't know and they could easily spread across the net.
Mansy
quote:
quote:

See - you should be a comedian, not a music producer, it's a shame such a bright talent is wasted on hhc forums. Where I can find tickets to your stand-up show?

Sorry dude, you've made your point already, I didn't came here to have a discussion with you, if you feel lonely or whatever. Funny, I've found something about you in google too...... :)
https://i.imgur.com/BavNf0Z.png

Touche..... welcome to the fourm :D
martinj1985 Couldn't delete this reply so just ignore this lol
nickstradi
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
Here's my take (but please mods, delete these posts about it tomorrow or something as it derails the comp thread).

I've been producing for a very long time now. A few times, I've been in the right place at the right time or people have liked my work enough to ask me to do a version of their work.

I'm no tight arse. I won't hold vocals until the hard drive fails and all is lost. But equally I don't want to risk them being spread around the net which devalues my own time in the scene and the trust I was given to be sent the vox in the first place.

I'd only release them now in moderation as it's been countless years since that track and I can imagine the few that were sent the vocals have probably lost them.

Unless I know someone who joins the site as a new member now, I'm not going to pass them out to new signups who I don't know and they could easily spread across the net.

????????????? I came here exactly to check if there are any remix competitions cause I've seen some before and there's 0 them anywhere else. Why are you even doing them publically if I can't participate unless you know me personally, what is the point lmao
Anyway, whatever, have a nice time in a FAIR COMPETITION, I think UK Hardcore was a terrible mistake, no wonder that scene is dead and everyone left it, you're just a hostile group of close-minded freaks.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your 76 years old?

Haha. Obviosuly just wanting to leech the vocals!

probably re-style
SparkzMusic nickstradi

There are LOADS of remix competitions everywhere (lots at skiomusic, plenty online via google searches).

You saw some before here? From what I recall the last remix competition here was 3 or 4 years ago.

I don't own, moderate or run this forum and I'm not here to get new members to join. I just wanted to do a fun competition for existing members.

As to the other question why I won't send vocals to new members unless I know them. Well isn't it obvious? I've already answered that. A new member joining could be anyone, who are more likely to upload the vocals elsewhere and fully leak them online.

I don't want the vocals spread all over the net
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
Here's my take (but please mods, delete these posts about it tomorrow or something as it derails the comp thread).

????????????? I came here exactly to check if there are any remix competitions cause I've seen some before and there's 0 them anywhere else. Why are you even doing them publically if I can't participate unless you know me personally, what is the point lmao
Anyway, whatever, have a nice time in a FAIR COMPETITION, I think UK Hardcore was a terrible mistake, no wonder that scene is dead and everyone left it, you're just a hostile group of close-minded freaks.

There is no denying there are some c_unts in Hardcore, but you just became C_UNT OF THE MONTH ! Well done.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
quote:

There is no denying there are some c_unts in Hardcore, but you just became C_UNT OF THE MONTH ! Well done.

SparkzMusic Last day tomorrow to request vocals from me via PM.

On Saturday the main thread post will change to reflect the next stage of the competition
MusicILove Question
Do you want mastered files if so are we allowed to get other people to master for us if we don?t have the ability / equipment to do so?
SparkzMusic
quote:
Question
Do you want mastered files if so are we allowed to get other people to master for us if we don?t have the ability / equipment to do so?

Don't worry about masters or anything like that, it's the production that counts really.
MusicILove Good to know. That?s one less thing to worry about.
DJ Bounce This tune is a blast from the past. I was actually the first person to finish a version of this track (Mark has to wait ages for Rory to do the ?original? mix). One of many project files I lost on an old hd failure.
MusicILove I love the song and I am really enjoying working on it but it bugs me terribly how the (I look in to your eyes and what do I see) Part is slightly out of time.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
quote:
Question

Don't worry about masters or anything like that, it's the production that counts really.

Not to be rude but mastering IS part of the production. Everybody I know has their own approach (gets someone to do it/does it themeselves/makes kick-ass mixdowns that don't need any, etc.) but it's never left out, especially when the end result is gonna get compared to stuff that IS mastered.

may I suggest you look into:

- LANDR (free automated mastering),

- http://www.purefocus.ca

- https://www.facebook.com/jondoeclsmmastering/
DJ_FunDaBounce @MusicILove

Out of the mentioned approaches let me just say that the most rewarding one is to do it yourself.

Trust me. You'll learn a lot.
Ionosphere Aha.... a remix competition....

mnmm?
SparkzMusic
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:
quote:
Question

Not to be rude but mastering IS part of the production. Everybody I know has their own approach (gets someone to do it/does it themeselves/makes kick-ass mixdowns that don't need any, etc.) but it's never left out, especially when the end result is gonna get compared to stuff that IS mastered.

Yeah but this is just a fun remix comp. People will just vote on what one they like the most. It's not going to have label releases and chances are, a lot of the remixes won't be heard anywhere outside the forum. So it would be a shame for people to finish a remix but not submit it because they didn't get round to mastering it
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Question

Yeah but this is just a fun remix comp. People will just vote on what one they like the most. It's not going to have label releases and chances are, a lot of the remixes won't be heard anywhere outside the forum. So it would be a shame for people to finish a remix but not submit it because they didn't get round to mastering it

All I'm saying is that mastering is part of the fun in the production process! Even if it means just slapping on a t-racks preset a la Breeze n Styles! lol!

Saying it isn't, though, would interfere with a basic outline of what is and isn't allowed, imo.

Just trying to set things clear.
LeVzi Is that was ppl been using ? This fabled B&S preset in T Racks ?

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Is that was ppl been using ? This fabled B&S preset in T Racks ?

Captain Triceps God I remember someone screenshotting that, someone else made a preset for T-Racks based on it, people thought it was some magical preset that made everything sound amazing
Impulse_Response I understand that mastering is an important part of the production process, but I think it's silly that it gets so much attention and there's so much of a mystique surrounding it. Why would producers be willing to show off their production techniques and how they actually create sounds but then get all secretive about how they make it loud, like in this video?

They can keep their special preset for all I care. Probably loudness war garbage.
LeVzi Bascially run it through T Racks, compress the crap outta it, and raise it hard into a brickwall limiter.

Sounds about standard.
SparkzMusic So I've decided to discontinue the remix comp.

If anyone else wanted to take over in running it, fine. hopefully vocals will be kept to those who were sent it.

Peace out. Sorry all
MusicILove I'm a good way through I have put many hours in to it and learned a lot from it. I'm going to continue and finish. Hopefully I'm still ok to post. Also want to put on Soundcloud with download. Again I hope this is ok.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
So I've decided to discontinue the remix comp.

If anyone else wanted to take over in running it, fine. hopefully vocals will be kept to those who were sent it.

Peace out. Sorry all

dude, don't give up on us just yet! maybe the conversation did derail a bit, but as they say, conversations go where they've gotta go!

I'm pretty sure something nice is gonna come out from all this talk!

only got love and respect for the whole crew! :D

Let's stick to the original plan! :)
SparkzMusic Well, I think it's down to stuff in my own life suddenly being precarious again unexpectedly so I've gotta take it easy for a bit.

Although after the 10th it would be great if entrants posted up their finished remix in the thread for all to hear
DJ_FunDaBounce There is a sense of uncertainty in my life too atm, so I can relate. Things like the comp help get my mind off of stuff I have no control over. Also, you must admit the forums got somewhat busier lately. The comp may have had something to do with it, and I feel that's a good thing.

Do what you gotta do to stay on track, Sparkz. Sun will shine again :)
MusicILove I can also relate look after yourself. Some things are more important.

I'm really enjoying working on the track and will work on it until I'm happy with it.
SparkzMusic I guess I'm never even bothered about people or the scene, like I'm as honest as they come. There's very few peeps I still respect, which includes FDB and Mansy.
Mansy
quote:
I guess I'm never even bothered about people or the scene, like I'm as honest as they come. There's very few peeps I still respect, which includes FDB and Mansy.

Thanks man :)
DJ_FunDaBounce Hey peeps! Here's my version:

Even though the comp was cancelled it got me to finishing a track again, so thanks for that, Sparkz.

hope you all enjoy! :)

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
I guess I'm never even bothered about people or the scene, like I'm as honest as they come. There's very few peeps I still respect, which includes FDB and Mansy.

DJGouda Even though university is keeping my suping busy, I still managed to finish my remix.
Really enjoyed my time working on it, so thanks to you Sparkz :). I'm excited to check out what some of the other participants have made.

SparkzMusic Good job Gouda and well done for doing that.

Only a few tips. Vox is definitely too reverby. Overall its a tad bassless. In a lot of places it seems "empty". 1 chord does go off a bit.

It's a fun track though and has potential. A good job overall and thank you again for the remix
SparkzMusic

That was my update of it, it went to shit with levels. Alas its the thought that counts right?
martinj1985 Nice remixes! here is mine that was done awhile ago!

DJ_FunDaBounce

Downloads enabled!

Thank you, Sparkz! :)
9oh9 Before everyone forgets about this, though I'd upload my effort:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hq9wap2rlyip0hn/don%27t%20go%20%289oh9%20hhc%20competition%20remix%29.mp3?dl=1

It's unfinished, but mostly there; it's unlikely I'll get time to finish it in the near future so thought I'd upload what I have.

Martin: really like the musical aspects of your mix, very euphoric sounding!

Fundabounce: Liked what you've done with it; totally different vibe to what I'd originally thought of. Loved the piano, reminded me of some JAL stuff (a good thing!)

San Frisco: Very bouncy and Makina sounding, not normally my thing, but there are some nice ideas here. As sparkz said, needs more bass?

I think I missed hearing Sparkz's version, but thanks for organising this if you're reading!
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by 9oh9:

Fundabounce: Liked what you've done with it; totally different vibe to what I'd originally thought of. Loved the piano, reminded me of some JAL stuff (a good thing!)

Thanx! :)

Something I really like about yours are the main sections with the leads.

Lovely harmony!
SparkzMusic
quote:
Originally posted by 9oh9:
Before everyone forgets about this, though I'd upload my effort:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hq9wap2rlyip0hn/don%27t%20go%20%289oh9%20hhc%20competition%20remix%29.mp3?dl=1

It's unfinished, but mostly there; it's unlikely I'll get time to finish it in the near future so thought I'd upload what I have.

Martin: really like the musical aspects of your mix, very euphoric sounding!

San Frisco: Very bouncy and Makina sounding, not normally my thing, but there are some nice ideas here. As sparkz said, needs more bass?

I think I missed hearing Sparkz's version, but thanks for organising this if you're reading!

Good stuff, I like what youve done with it. Good combo of sounds, arp is decent, well produced.

Mine was total crap :D. A contributing factor in me calling it a day with production for good.

Levels are shot to sh!t and it's worse "mastering" quality than I was doing even 10 years ago. Rather than slide myself into the abyss, I've called it a day being happy with what I've achieved in the past.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e7k4245j3l76x6c/Don%27t_go_%28Sparkz_remix%29_full_11111.wav/file
MusicILove Here is my remix finally.

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Here is my remix finally.

I don't like it

...I love it! :)

Great job man! :D
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
Here is my remix finally.

I don't like it

...I love it! :)

Great job man! :D

Thanks. I have enabled downloads. I was going to delete it but after a sleep and some feedback I have decided to keep it.
Impulse_Response I think it sounds excellent. Thanks for the free download.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
I think it sounds excellent. Thanks for the free download.

Thank you kind sir.
MusicILove New video with a better image.

I really need to produce something new soon.

It took 3.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page