Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore heaven vol 5 discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mansy Has anyone had a listen to this yet and what are your thoughts? Im really enjoyed the fracus and darwin mix compared to volume 4. Im about halfway through al storms but carnt make a full opinion yet.
djDMS Yeah, really liking it so far.

The F&D mix is their best since the first 2 and Al Storm's is great too. Volume 4 is still my favourite due to CD 2 being out of this world but this one like you said needs a bit more time.
GrahamC I'm not even going to contemplate buying or listening to it until I receive my HH4 which has been held up with the anthology disc problems they have had and also, some sort of confirmation the physical product exists and has been received by people.

Hoping they still have stock when the time comes!

I know they said in one of their recent emails that their pre-order troubles are over but been burnt way too many times now :-(
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
I know they said in one of their recent emails that their pre-order troubles are over but been burnt way too many times now :-(

Agree.

Si Thompson I just wish it was 2009 and i was smashing that powder form of Meaow.
kazukism92
quote:
I'm not even going to contemplate buying or listening to it until I receive my HH4 which has been held up with the anthology disc problems they have had and also, some sort of confirmation the physical product exists and has been received by people.

+1
Didn't received yet the HH4 copy and even the latest F&D and DJ Tools compilation (and few extras). Also, I'm bit afraid to keep asking to CDJay or Chwhynny. (Yeah, Chile postage or parcel problems)
robertybob
quote:
I'm not even going to contemplate buying or listening to it until I receive my HH4 which has been held up with the anthology disc problems they have had and also, some sort of confirmation the physical product exists and has been received by people.

Just think of it as a ?15 digital album with a free physical copy - that way you won?t be disappointed when you don?t receive your free CDs on time(!)
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
quote:

+1
Didn't received yet the HH4 copy and even the latest F&D and DJ Tools compilation (and few extras). Also, I'm bit afraid to keep asking to CDJay or Chwhynny. (Yeah, Chile postage or parcel problems)

Yeah there?s only so many times I would expect them to send you replacement CDs if the post in Chile keeps losing your mail

warped_candykid Ya, I'm still waiting on my All Stars Session 1 disc, and I ordered it back in June. CDJay hasn't responded to my message on here, and even Emma told me they would have an update for me last week, and still nothing. But...I went ahead and ordered HH5, so we'll see.
MusicILove I?m still waiting on my clock & T-Shirt. Along with many others.
LeVzi Wow you lot put a lot of faith in this HU Distrubution, i've not seen much good from it at all, thankfully, never used them, never will.

As for HHv5 , only track on the list I like the look of, is Airhard F&D remix, if that's released on it's own i'll get it, if it's good. But I know there was a release out or coming from Brisk called all the airheads, which I might get.
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:

Yeah there?s only so many times I would expect them to send you replacement CDs if the post in Chile keeps losing your mail

or gets received with a big delay (happened at Stamina Records and Scarred Digital) or gets returned with the postal not available (happened at HU). The only way possible (and done recently in a few orders) is tracking code, is safe, but expensive.
warped_candykid Well, let's try to stay positive! CDJay has done A LOT for us oldies who love our CDs, and at least him and the HU crew are putting out new works. I'm sure he knows the struggles, and there's no telling how much more frustrating it is on his end.
Samination Well I've received the HH4 and Vinylgroover discs (but then I mostly just care for the digital copies anyways)

I had a email about problems at their previous cd pressing plant, but that was for the last batch of Anthologies and a al storm CD.

And for some reason CDJay has been radio silent for a length of time now, other than the emails
MusicILove Stuck in hospital bored. I think it?s time to give this a try. Hopefully it?s good.
Yay for new IOS files & downloads feature.
Craig Cairney Will purchase this week. Definitely was a pleasant surprise and there's a s*** load of music on there that I haven't heard. Kinda playing catch up with all things UK Hardcore these days.

Spoke with CDJay a few days back and there's a lot of stuff in the pipeline. Just when I thought I was out.... they pulled me back in.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
I just wish it was 2009 and i was smashing that powder form of Meaow.

Hahaha! Them were the days. That shit would make anything sound good.

I miss the days of carrying a wallet around which constantly stank of cat piss. Could tell fellow users from a mile away just by the smell.
trippnface need clips, not convinced yet
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
I just wish it was 2009 and i was smashing that powder form of Meaow.

I miss the days of carrying a wallet around which constantly stank of cat piss. Could tell fellow users from a mile away just by the smell.

That stuff was crazy. The smell got everywhere.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
I just wish it was 2009 and i was smashing that powder form of Meow.

wait, what lol. is k not meow?
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:

No. Different drug.
Vladel The 24/7 disk is good for the most part. The F&D one is about as bad as I was expecting. The airhead remix is pretty good but I wasn't feeling the rest of it sadly.id like the 2013-2016 Fracus and Darwin rather than what we have had since.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cat was legendary stuff. Was legal when it first came on the scene. 1 gram cost about ?15 and that would easily keep you going all night long. Best way to describe it was a halfway between E and coke. Some good memories but im glad that it disappeared when it did.
warped_candykid I just miss 2000s Fracus & Darwin before they were F&D duo.
Craig Cairney They're still writing good music, but I did prefer them a few years back. I'd love them to write more solo stuff, or collaborate with others more. I have enjoyed recently the Darwin and Jack In Box tracks.

Darwin's solo stuff from yesteryear was just tremendous. I'm talking Coral Beach, Floor Damage, Peak 1.1, Takes Me Back, Fragile Visions, Without Fear, All the Time etc etc.

The same applies for Gaz. Illusion, Get Hard, Rainbow Face, Module, Every Word You Say.

Impulse_Response For me, the newer stuff sounds like it's trying too hard to appeal to a mainstream audience.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cat was legendary stuff. Was legal when it first came on the scene. 1 gram cost about ?15 and that would easily keep you going all night long. Best way to describe it was a halfway between E and coke. Some good memories but im glad that it disappeared when it did.

ahh i remember some stuff went around called meow meow, pretty sure it was mephedrone. was interesting for sure, still prefer a clean roll though
Triquatra Was that 'credit'?
I had about 14-15 different people come up to me and ask me if I had any credit at Global Gathering 2011.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
The 24/7 disk is good for the most part. The F&D one is about as bad as I was expecting. The airhead remix is pretty good but I wasn't feeling the rest of it sadly.id like the 2013-2016 Fracus and Darwin rather than what we have had since.

I'd be surprised if the F&D is how you're describing it as. What about the Marc Smith track, what style is it? It's been too long since heard a track from him.
djDMS Best I've heard from F&D in ages, all down to taste I suppose.

I would have had no idea it was a Marc Smith track if I didn't look at the tracklist.
Janster I want Hardcore Underground 8 right now. I've gone through many lineup ideas but this is the one I would like right now:

Darren Styles & Darwin
Hixxy & Klubfiller
Luna-C & Gammer
Supreme, Sunset Regime & MOB
Stonebank & Scott Brown
Fracus & Entity
Stu Allan & Jakazid

Please make this 7CD album since we haven?t gotten one in a long time, haha. Peace out.
djDMS Funny guy.
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by Janster:
I want Hardcore Underground 8 right now. I've gone through many lineup ideas but this is the one I would like right now:

Darren Styles & Darwin
Hixxy & Klubfiller
Luna-C & Gammer
Supreme, Sunset Regime & MOB
Stonebank & Scott Brown
Fracus & Entity
Stu Allan & Jakazid

Please make this 7CD album since we haven?t gotten one in a long time, haha. Peace out.

Oh boy, actually Hardcore Underground series went the new Hardcore Heaven. Unless Freeform and Drum'n'Bass section.

BTW, I have ideas, but this is the Hardcore Heaven 5 discussion, no HU8 ideas xD.
Samination Well, that's one of the reason I don't really like HH. The blandness, and that they managed to make Scott Brown not play one single european hardcore styled track, while Fracus & Darwin did :P
trippnface maxi malone ftw, who the fuk!?
robertybob
quote:
maxi malone ftw, who the fuk!?

Five British pounds says his tracks were engineered by Fracus and/or Darwin. The tracks really have an HU feel and sound to them.
Craig Cairney Those two Maxi Malone tracks are ace!!
trippnface
quote:
quote:

Five British pounds says his tracks were engineered by Fracus and/or Darwin. The tracks really have an HU feel and sound to them.

i def feel that, " the only one you need" reminds me alot of " level up" for sure.

regardless, both maxi tracks get a 10/10 from me.

the dy5son track is also top notch, as well as that AB remix.

this prob my favorite f & d HH mix so far. what a ****ing BANGER to open up with too. "hold on to the fire" is killer. heard that at hardcore heaven la and it sent me on a good one.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
For me, the newer stuff sounds like it's trying too hard to appeal to a mainstream audience.

I've been saying that since the conception of UK Hardcore.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
For me, the newer stuff sounds like it's trying too hard to appeal to a mainstream audience.

I've been saying that since the conception of UK Hardcore.

While true, but I think that back then they didn't try to vie the american audience like they are doing now, which is probably why a lot likes it less in Europe now than back in 2001.
warped_candykid I wish the full length versions were included; The 'full length' has radio versions of some of the tracks.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I wish the full length versions were included; The 'full length' has radio versions of some of the tracks.

I haven't bought or heard off this album yet, but could they just be really short full-length tracks?
Mansy
quote:
quote:

Im afraid it looks that way. They just have that F&D feel to them. I have spoke to him before and hes a really good lad who loves his hardcore so i hope im wrong. If he had done them and just progresed really quick then good on him!
djDMS
quote:
quote:
I wish the full length versions were included; The 'full length' has radio versions of some of the tracks.

I haven't bought or heard off this album yet, but could they just be really short full-length tracks?

Some are short, others are really short. I think that's just what was available at the time.

I'm really not going to complain about the length of a few tracks when we get all of that for 15 quid
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
quote:

Some are short, others are really short. I think that's just what was available at the time.

I'm really not going to complain about the length of a few tracks when we get all of that for 15 quid

You're right! I gotta stop being a negative Nictonyalmic
djDMS I don't think you're being negative. I just think we've been given what there is and if other versions appear later I'll be happy to buy them.

Euphony's tune is ridiculously short and barely mixable but I'll bet it was included as it is to make a deadline.
alstorm
quote:
I don't think you're being negative. I just think we've been given what there is and if other versions appear later I'll be happy to buy them.

Euphony's tune is ridiculously short and barely mixable but I'll bet it was included as it is to make a deadline.

Very correct! I play that version anyway, but that?s all there is for the time being! I Appreciate the backup though, it?s hard to finish up or giveaway every single track in full when you have just battled through them in some cases, the days or hours before the mix was done

Like you said, ?15 for 40 odd tracks is pretty good haha
MusicILove Mine has been shipped.
Hoping they can get the other orders shipped soon as well.
Gazcore Just wondering about quality between cd and downloads, any difference?

I usually just use the cd and don't bother with the downloads as I'm limited on data but I noticed with the HU4 cd it seemed to be a bit lower in volume and clarity than normal.

If the files were single tracks I could test but they are not.
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
Mine has been shipped.

How do you know it shipped? Is it on the site somewhere or did you get an email?

I got in touch via FB and they are going to put my HH4 in with my HH5 fingers crossed!
djDMS
quote:
quote:
Mine has been shipped.

How do you know it shipped? Is it on the site somewhere or did you get an email?

I got in touch via FB and they are going to put my HH4 in with my HH5 fingers crossed!

If you look on your order history it tells you the status of each order.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Gazcore:
Just wondering about quality between cd and downloads, any difference?

I usually just use the cd and don't bother with the downloads as I'm limited on data but I noticed with the HU4 cd it seemed to be a bit lower in volume and clarity than normal.

If the files were single tracks I could test but they are not.

the downloads are unmixed and are wave format. the CD's only contain the dj mixes.
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
quote:
Mine has been shipped.

If you look on your order history it tells you the status of each order.

Perfect, I was just looking at the overview on the main Account page, drilled in and can see mine has been posted too!! Hope it's waiting for me when I get in :D
djDMS Mine arrived today
Mansy Mine arrived today also. The packaging is a lot smaller compared to the previous 4 volumes which i can only asume its a mix of either the fact that the cd holders were always coming off or it was more cost effective.
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
Mine arrived today also. The packaging is a lot smaller compared to the previous 4 volumes which i can only asume its a mix of either the fact that the cd holders were always coming off or it was more cost effective.

Maybe it is because they are using somebody else to manufacture them who doesn't do that style of sleeve.

I got HH4 along with mine and the disc 2 hung on for all of 1 second before the spindle just dropped off! I'm pretty glad for the new packaging!
Sulphurik Al Storm's mix does looks good. One track would like to hear is UFO remix of Here Beside Me. My favourite mix of that song to date is the Midas remix which is superb.

I would prefer to hear new original tracks than remixes of classic hardcore tracks but don't mind a couple of new remixes. One classic track I'd like to hear a new remix of is...Midas - Heart Is Jumping.
LeVzi Midas - Heart is jumping, was a DNA remix anyway.

Original is the Sly T & Ollie track you posted elsehwhere.

Modern remix of the Sly T version would be very cool if done well.
Craigavon raver
quote:

Same here man! still haven't received my hh4 plus a few other cds, so i'll wait till I receive them before I get this, don't get paid till just over a week anyway, so hopefully receive my other stuff in the next week or 2, then i'll get this plus the new al storm album before christmas
Coolgamer I'm missing over $400 of order worth.

The ravekick order or whatever says failed, but I got the digitals from the rest of the order and Paypal took the cash. Been waiting months for some of the other physicals.
lainnix Euphony's "Welcome to the Rave" on CD2 is absolutely amazing, but it's so short. Even the unmixed version is just about 10 seconds longer than the mixed one. What's up with that? It feels unfinished. It could easily be twice as long.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
Euphony's "Welcome to the Rave" on CD2 is absolutely amazing, but it's so short. Even the unmixed version is just about 10 seconds longer than the mixed one. What's up with that? It feels unfinished. It could easily be twice as long.

Have you read the rest of the topic?
lainnix Missed the earlier post about it, but I see now. Hope a full(er?) version will be released later.
Sulphurik Liking what I'm hearing from album from soundcloud clips.
Sulphurik Album sounds great! Al Storm mix sounds excellent! His mix definately contains a lot of aspects of what I like in the genre. Some great sounding tracks on the mix.

My Little Fantasy remix is it just Bananaman remix or is it Al Storm & Bananaman?

Fracus & Darwin mix sounding great also!
djDMS I think its excellent.

Loads of great stuff all round.
MusicILove I really enjoyed this album One day I want to go through all of the new ones and review them one by one.

My current order

That might change with a fresh listen.
Craig Cairney The second disc was always a problem for me until Al Storm came on board. The F&D mixes have always ranged from good to excellent.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
The second disc was always a problem for me until Al Storm came on board. The F&D mixes have always ranged from good to excellent.

agreed
Sulphurik There's really not much in it as to which is the best mix. Enjoying both mixes.
MusicILove I?m so glad this series is going to continue.

https://hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/view/hardcore-heaven-vol-1-5-cddigital

I would love it if Hardcore Underground added AIFF downloads with tags & the ability to download mixes in WAV with separate tracks instead of a continuous file.

If you don?t have any of them yet I would HIGHLY recommend picking them up and for ?40 it?s an amazing deal.
kazukism92 Meantime, I didn't received the HH4 and I'm currently asked to Thumbsy to drop me a copy due Chile vs HU problems :(. Big timing tho.
Sulphurik Awesome 3 - Don't Go (Bananaman & Vinylgroover Remix)​ this remix was just alright, would have preferred to have heard more of the original vocals and other parts from the original track including pianos. A Fracus & Darwin remix of Don't Go might be interesting. Had forgotten Darwin did a remix in 2010 which was good.
Vladel Fracus & Darwin need to remember where they put their talent before the next one. They were great with promises and tracks like don't let me go, but songs like snowflake... Oh dear and the last entry was back to an all time low for them. Come on guys you can do it!
Sulphurik I do like Bananaman's My Little Fantasy remix. Haven't seen Vinylgroover's original mix, was it not released? I didn't see it on his The Obsession Continues album.

Had forgotten who originally did, nice to hear again.

Sulphurik A track I'm liking the sound of is....

From looking up youtube I now know more about this track. Search the track and you'll see Alexander Norman - Toys. ( How we sampled a childs toy & turned it into a Happy Hardcore slammer! )
Mickey Init Did anybody NOT receive their HH4 in the post?
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Did anybody NOT receive their HH4 in the post?

I have that but I?m still missing the 2 anthologies :( what does your order status say on their website?
Mickey Init That order status says ?Pre-Order?.
All the others say Shipped or Complete.
I ordered the anthologies + HH4 together.
MusicILove
quote:
That order status says ?Pre-Order?.
All the others say Shipped or Complete.
I ordered the anthologies + HH4 together.

It looks like you have been forgotten as well.
Mickey Init
quote:
It looks like you have been forgotten as well.

I think so. The recent newsletter said anthologies were now being sorted, so fingers crossed they all arrive together. I could see this being the case as you only pay for one lot of postage per order.

But I could also see this being a big balls up. The ?send? button on the ?contact us? page on the HU store does not work.

EDIT: The send button does work landscape but not portrait on device.

Brainchild Looking at the store page, the second anthologies for Fade & Bananaman and Storm have both been removed entirely, not even digital versions are available to buy. The first ones are still up there. Seems like they messed up so badly they just removed them from sale.
MusicILove It?s been removed for months now. Some of the digital files are still broken. I just wish they could sort them selves out. I have brought almost everything they have ever done or released on the store and not one new release has been without issue. I don?t want the money back or anything like that. I just want what I ordered. And I love dream surprise and would love a proper official fix.
Brainchild
quote:
It?s been removed for months now. Some of the digital files are still broken. I just wish they could sort them selves out. I have brought almost everything they have ever done or released on the store and not one new release has been without issue. I don?t want the money back or anything like that. I just want what I ordered. And I love dream surprise and would love a proper official fix.

I can't understand why they're refusing to fix the issues on those anthologies, or any anthology for that matter. Do they want people to hate them or lose faith in purchasing from them?
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
quote:
It?s been removed for months now. Some of the digital files are still broken. I just wish they could sort them selves out. I have brought almost everything they have ever done or released on the store and not one new release has been without issue. I don?t want the money back or anything like that. I just want what I ordered. And I love dream surprise and would love a proper official fix.

I can't understand why they're refusing to fix the issues on those anthologies, or any anthology for that matter. Do they want people to hate them or lose faith in purchasing from them?

They haven't refused they just haven't done it. I wouldn't use the word refused because that makes it sound like they have said no. They haven't spoken about it. So we hope it still might get fixed. I fixed my copy as best I could. There are other broken things not just in those anthologies.

https://soundcloud.com/user-704721/fade-bananaman-feat-abbey-dream-surprise-original-vs-fix/s-jP9uv

https://soundcloud.com/user-704721/example/s-webxh

Please Al Storm / HU fix these. And send me my order. I don't even care if it's a CD-R.
kazukism92
quote:
Did anybody NOT receive their HH4 in the post?

Nope!
(Picked a copy in discogs instead).
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Looking at the store page, the second anthologies for Fade & Bananaman and Storm have both been removed entirely, not even digital versions are available to buy. The first ones are still up there. Seems like they messed up so badly they just removed them from sale.

Thought Forever could have been on Fade & Banaman anthology two...and other tracks including Secrets (Bananaman & Blitz remix) The Quickening, Please be mine, Calypso Summer 97, Hardcore is heaven, one for the ladies.
Samination I received my HH4 with my Vinylgroover CDs
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I received my HH4 with my Vinylgroover CDs

My VG album arrived in the post. That was a separate order before HH4 was released.
Samination
quote:
quote:

My VG album arrived in the post. That was a separate order before HH4 was released.

I ordered them at the same time. The only things I actually cared about where the digitals anyways.
Mickey Init
quote:
I ordered them at the same time. The only things I actually cared about where the digitals anyways.

The digitals certainly soften the blow.

Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:

I received my hh4 about 2 and a half months ago along with vinylgroovers and fracus & Darwin album, i ordered them altogether along with the storm and fade & bananaman anthologies, i then received the 2 anthologies about a month ago, can't understand why you haven't received yours yet!

It took 3.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page