Radio listeners 155+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 What happened to everyone?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson Just looking back at some old threads, and there's loads of people that used to post on here. When did a lot of those people stop posting? I knew about this site in 2001, but i was always on USH.

It's a shame that some of them don't come back. It would be really good to get this place lively again.
lainnix Forums aren't very popular anymore. Hardcore isn't very popular anymore.

Forums about hardcore, well...
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
Forums aren't very popular anymore. Hardcore isn't very popular anymore.

Nail on the head. Only reason I resurfaced was because of the happy hardcore bundles that made an appearance, now they're all gone it's probably time to depart again, haha.
Si Thompson I enjoy this forum. Not everything in life has to be on your phone and via an app.
MusicILove I like it here too. I check the forum multiple times a day.
LeVzi Ive never seen such a lack of popularity for Hardcore, ever.

But then endless ****ing vocal love songs at 180bpm will do that.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Ive never seen such a lack of popularity for Hardcore, ever.

But then endless ****ing vocal love songs at 180bpm will do that.

Please link recommendations. I want to get hard for vocal love songs at 180 bpm.
DJ Bounce I've came back to checking on here a few times a day now as well, hadn't been active on here for years until recently. Mental to think how busy this site once was with news etc.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
I've came back to checking on here a few times a day now as well, hadn't been active on here for years until recently.

Top man, Bounce. Good to hear!

Hopefully more people do the same.
The drunken scotsman Usually check on here most days through habit but most of the time question why I do that. Im not interested in hardcore anymore and other than this forum I have no other updates on what is going on in the hardcore scene (although from what I gather on here im not missing anything).

Guess for me it is more a nostalgia thing. I don?t use social media anymore and Hardcore was a huge part of my life from roughly 2001 - 2015/16. Most of my best memories are from hardcore events and the general buzz that I got from the music at that time. Miss it massively but life goes on.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Usually check on here most days through habit but most of the time question why I do that. Im not interested in hardcore anymore and other than this forum I have no other updates on what is going on in the hardcore scene (although from what I gather on here im not missing anything).

Guess for me it is more a nostalgia thing. I don?t use social media anymore and Hardcore was a huge part of my life from roughly 2001 - 2015/16. Most of my best memories are from hardcore events and the general buzz that I got from the music at that time. Miss it massively but life goes on.

I miss it too, pal.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
I enjoy this forum. Not everything in life has to be on your phone and via an app.

Yeah i think it's a good medium of communication. Forums are still very much alive in the form of Reddit etc.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
I enjoy this forum. Not everything in life has to be on your phone and via an app.

Yeah i think it's a good medium of communication. Forums are still very much alive in the form of Reddit etc.

I was going to mention that. Reddit and 4Chan are still very popular forums.

Shame we can't get this site via an app.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

I was going to mention that. Reddit and 4Chan are still very popular forums.

Shame we can't get this site via an app.

Silver mentioned years ago something about making an app, but he wasn't sure what it would feature or if it was worth the hassle, if I remember correctly.

Personally, I'm fine with the way it is.
Sc@r yeah an app would be awesome and so much easier to use!
Smoogie Im here out of habit and due to popular demand. You know, keep things lively!

If there was a Hard House forum I would lurk on that but no forum like this place used to be for Hardcore so post on Hard House Facebook pages instead while I avoid Hardcore Facebook pages as nothing on them appeals to me.
LeVzi From what I see on facebook these days, even the events are poorly attended, which is sad to see.

But tbh the music is so tired. From the 90's to the 2000's it changed a lot, and it was fresh, but it hasn't really changed since, and its old and done. The odd amazing track pops up, like that Al Storm one I like, and I think it will revive, but nope, the next stuff is the same old rehashed vocal shit. Its just not fresh.

How does DnB keep evolving and getting better ? Because they keep it fresh and different.
Si Thompson
quote:
From what I see on facebook these days, even the events are poorly attended, which is sad to see.

But tbh the music is so tired. From the 90's to the 2000's it changed a lot, and it was fresh, but it hasn't really changed since, and its old and done. The odd amazing track pops up, like that Al Storm one I like, and I think it will revive, but nope, the next stuff is the same old rehashed vocal shit. Its just not fresh.

How does DnB keep evolving and getting better ? Because they keep it fresh and different.

Not even sure what is going with the current scene.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
From what I see on facebook these days, even the events are poorly attended, which is sad to see.

Not even sure what is going with the current scene.

I didn't even know that there was a 'current scene'
djDMS Well you don't listen to new Hardcore so you wouldn't would you?

I don't listen to UK garage so obviously I have no idea what events/releases etc there are.
Si Thompson
quote:

I like a lot of the new D&B coming out, especially some of the jump up stuff.

It's a shame Hype doesn't do Kiss FM every week anymore. I sometimes catch Rene LaVice on BBC Radio 1.
Revolutions Evening all!
Just thought I?d contribute to this thread & say I got here via a search for mc ruff (rip) & impressed this forum / site is still going.. I was another regular on ush.net years back when our legs didn?t ache for no reason.. love the old skool forum - makes you think a bit more about what you write..

For many ravers the scene / the music will never leave them. There?s too many good times & precious memories & the music lives on in all those tapes, videos etc which is why the scene is probably more alive on YouTube than in reality, but hey, who has the stamina & time etc to go out raving like they used to?

Despite the lack of a scene as we knew it, there?s so much history & heritage to the uk rave scene & we must be ready to share that & ensure that this very important genre hardcore / rave is not forgotten. Today I was rocking out to Fantazia the first taste & it still sounds fresh today. We have so much to be proud of & hopefully find innovative ways to keep the scene alive, even if it?s just YouTube channels, vinyl represses, one off events etc. Personally I?d love to open a rave museum / cafe / music store. Youngerfolk now looking to experience more hands on & I think this kind of approach could be a brilliant way to promote rave in all its forms. After all, for many it was much more about the music than going to the raves & taking drugs. Many people don?t know anything about classic rave. Don?t give up, keep the vibe alive but there again don?t expect the past to repeat itself. Now go and check out Hardcore will never die, by Qbass (e type mix)
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Revolutions:
Evening all!
Just thought I?d contribute to this thread & say I got here via a search for mc ruff (rip) & impressed this forum / site is still going.. I was another regular on ush.net years back when our legs didn?t ache for no reason.. love the old skool forum - makes you think a bit more about what you write..

For many ravers the scene / the music will never leave them. There?s too many good times & precious memories & the music lives on in all those tapes, videos etc which is why the scene is probably more alive on YouTube than in reality, but hey, who has the stamina & time etc to go out raving like they used to?

Despite the lack of a scene as we knew it, there?s so much history & heritage to the uk rave scene & we must be ready to share that & ensure that this very important genre hardcore / rave is not forgotten. Today I was rocking out to Fantazia the first taste & it still sounds fresh today. We have so much to be proud of & hopefully find innovative ways to keep the scene alive, even if it?s just YouTube channels, vinyl represses, one off events etc. Personally I?d love to open a rave museum / cafe / music store. Youngerfolk now looking to experience more hands on & I think this kind of approach could be a brilliant way to promote rave in all its forms. After all, for many it was much more about the music than going to the raves & taking drugs. Many people don?t know anything about classic rave. Don?t give up, keep the vibe alive but there again don?t expect the past to repeat itself. Now go and check out Hardcore will never die, by Qbass (e type mix)

Welcome.
Samination
Si Thompson Sami-gay-tion.
wong
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
If there was a Hard House forum

you like hard house mate? you never mentioned it ..
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

I love Smoogie.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:

It's a shame Hype doesn't do Kiss FM every week anymore. I sometimes catch Rene LaVice on BBC Radio 1.

I actually really like jump up as well as DnB , but the harder side to DnB. I often look for Andy C Sets though, that guy is an awesome DJ.
wong
quote:
quote:
quote:

I love Smoogie.

i do chuckle how so many get wound up by him, he doesn't bother me. and i like hard house too
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I love Smoogie.

i do chuckle how so many get wound up by him, he doesn't bother me. and i like hard house too

I don't mind Hard House either. Around 2000 was pretty good.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually really like jump up as well as DnB , but the harder side to DnB. I often look for Andy C Sets though, that guy is an awesome DJ.

My current favourite producers in D&B are BassBrothers, Tyke and Ozma. There is loads of good stuff being made. The scene just seems to go from strength to strength.
Smoogie
quote:

They get wound up because they cannot handle the truth!
Rhoobarb2005 I'm hoping that Hardcore sees another revival, it can evolve like DnB does, it has before. Hardcore crashed before in '98 when most producers were just making crap. Awful vocals, lame lyrics, forgettable hooks and riffs. Quantity over quality. Many producers left, moving on to house/trance/etc.

But then around 2003 it came back with that new UKH sound ending up what it is today. But it has become bloated, egos have become too big, money became the priority. I just hope those that were here for the wrong reasons quickly go, and let it be about the music again.

I hope it can, apart from Luna-C still doing some interesting stuff, there isn't a tune from the past 4 years or so that I could name off the top of my head, let alone have in my top 100 tracks.
Guest hardcore evolved, and mainstream "your gabba" took over the uk, and made uk hardcore become uk hardcore on its flyers

and now, uk hardcore is dead, and hardcore is alive, or was while i bothered with the empire i created while making the whole dnb scene cry about hardcore with my name on top while taking it to westfest like i said i was going to do
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
Forums aren't very popular anymore. Hardcore isn't very popular anymore.

Hahaha... Innit just. I?ve had to come off Facebook and USH, and some online terrorists were causing me grief. So I should be kicking around the boards a bit more often. I should change my online tag actually...
Samination They're missing you on ush you know
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
They're missing you on ush you know

I loved USH in 2001.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
They're missing you on ush you know

Ahh it's sad mate. I had my innings though. I sent a friend request to everyone on the board. So to those who accepted. They can still contact me on messenger.

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page