Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 GE 2019

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Smoogie Another election but who will win?

Will the public have the sense to back Boris or will Corbyn cheat his way to the top?
djDMS Try starting off with a proper question and you might just get a reasonable discussion going.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Try starting off with a proper question and you might just get a reasonable discussion going.

The discussion will run as the campaign gets underway
Triquatra I think Boris will get a majority.
Lib dems will make gains, but I think the make up of their followers will temporarily change as they bring in people from Labour and Conservatives who are remainers and at the same time actually lose regular lib-dem voters who usually vote lib-dem, but are eurosceptic and have now been 'locked out' from voting for them because of their revoke article 50 stance and those ordinary lib dem voters will begrudgingly vote conservative 'just this once'.

Labour will just make loses because they've been incapable of getting any of their messages across.

Here endeth my predictions.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I think Boris will get a majority.
Lib dems will make gains, but I think the make up of their followers will temporarily change as they bring in people from Labour and Conservatives who are remainers and at the same time actually lose regular lib-dem voters who usually vote lib-dem, but are eurosceptic and have now been 'locked out' from voting for them because of their revoke article 50 stance and those ordinary lib dem voters will begrudgingly vote conservative 'just this once'.

Labour will just make loses because they've been incapable of getting any of their messages across.

That saved me having to write anything.

LeVzi Brexit Party will take a lot of seats that were formally Labour.

If Corbyn got in, there would be riots. He's dangerous for the UK.

And Diane Abbott as home secretary ? No thanks.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Brexit Party will take a lot of seats that were formally Labour.

If Corbyn got in, there would be riots. He's dangerous for the UK.

And Diane Abbott as home secretary ? No thanks.

Agreed.
Smoogie
quote:

I hope you are right. Polling still looks good for Johnson
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
[quote]Originally posted by Triquatra:

Just out of interest, how do you benefit from voting Tory?
Smoogie
quote:

A strong economy keeps us all happy
Samination
quote:
quote:

A strong economy keeps us all happy

what economy?

Anyways, are you employed or not?
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

what economy?

Anyways, are you employed or not?

Yes I am employed
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Looks like I'll be voting Tory.
The drunken scotsman If youre not a supporter of the SNP in Scotland the options are pretty limited. Ill vote for whoever is going to be the main opposition to the SNP in my constituency. That might even mean voting Lib Dem which I dont want to do because of their policy on brexit , but a bigger issue up here is another impending independence referendum.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
If youre not a supporter of the SNP in Scotland the options are pretty limited. Ill vote for whoever is going to be the main opposition to the SNP in my constituency. That might even mean voting Lib Dem which I dont want to do because of their policy on brexit , but a bigger issue up here is another impending independence referendum.

You don't like their policy? But the SNP keep telling us all Scots want to remain. Very confusing!
Si Thompson
quote:
If youre not a supporter of the SNP in Scotland the options are pretty limited. Ill vote for whoever is going to be the main opposition to the SNP in my constituency. That might even mean voting Lib Dem which I dont want to do because of their policy on brexit , but a bigger issue up here is another impending independence referendum.

Nicola Sturgeon. Urgh!
DJ Bounce Sturgeon is a cow.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
quote:

You don't like their policy? But the SNP keep telling us all Scots want to remain. Very confusing!

Yes the SNP like to pretend they speak for everyone up here. I cant stand Sturgeon and have to turn the tv or radio off every time I hear her extremely annoying voice. Sadly, there are so many up here that buy into the nationalists vision and I can see it all kicking off again if they have a good result from this election.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
Sturgeon is a cow.

She is that.
Samination hm....

28th of Sept:
"Labour?s minimum wage plan could cost you YOUR job and send unemployment soaring" (10 pounds)
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1183556/labour-party-general-election-policy-jeremy-corbyn-prime-minister-minimum-wage

4th of Nov:
"Boris Johnson?s plan to raise wages across the country receives huge boost from expert" (10 pounds 50)
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1199992/boris-johnson-conservative-party-general-election-minimum-wage-raise-sajid-javid

Labour bad, Tory good.

Anyways, not that the articles seems to be show how they'll increase the wages. But I guess you guys don't care. As long as it ain't Labour
Rhoobarb2005 I'm surprised anyone at all is thinking about voting for the cons.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
Sturgeon is a cow.

Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:
I'm surprised anyone at all is thinking about voting for the cons.

I think that's probably the least surprising of all of it to be honest. The average joe will be voting on the biggest issue effecting the country, Brexit.
Conservatives are the only ones offering an actual leave. The others have all said either second referendum and remain or just flat out remain. So for this GE it'll be based on that.

I would have thought by the time the next GE swings around things will have gone back to 'normal'.
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
I'm surprised anyone at all is thinking about voting for the cons.

I think that's probably the least surprising of all of it to be honest. The average joe will be voting on the biggest issue effecting the country, Brexit.
Conservatives are the only ones offering an actual leave. The others have all said either second referendum and remain or just flat out remain. So for this GE it'll be based on that.

I would have thought by the time the next GE swings around things will have gone back to 'normal'.

Polling shows that we are still in a two party system but Brexit has crippled Labour with Corbyn not sure how to go about things so he just hides from the issue and goe on about the NHS and food banks instead.

Boris has managed to actually unite his leave and remainers within the party. The Brexit he is offering is hard enough to satisfy most leavers apart from the purists who will vote for the Brexit Party and would not vote any other party anyway but because it is a deal and no no deal he can keep remainers on board with them drifting towards the Lib Dems.

He is the only party leader who has managed to do this while Corbyn's attempt has failed.
Triquatra To be honest as far as campaigns go, I'm a little disappointed with all of them. Conservatives are mostly silent as they know they are going to scoop up the leave vote and don't need to do much work, Corbyn said his campaign was going to be 'radical' but as yet it just seems business as usual and the lib-dems I would have thought they would at least come forward with some huge announcement in an attempt to sweep up the youth vote (along the lines of legalising cannabis).

That said, perhaps they're all afraid of making any actual radical announcements as they're worried the conservatives will just copy them as they have done in the past with other policies.
Si Thompson Both Brexit party candidates have stepped down in my area.
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
Both Brexit party candidates have stepped down in my area.

Yep! Clearly the greens and lib dems forgot...

hehe.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Both Brexit party candidates have stepped down in my area.

Yep! Clearly the greens and lib dems forgot...

hehe.

Smoogie Farage is standing back from Tory safe seats. He knows that he will kill Brexit if he lets Labour or the Lib Dems in so it is a wise choice. He needs to let Johnson have a chance as the idea of the Benn Act (surrender treaty) was not just to delay Brexit but to weaken Johnson's reputation so that had he gone into an election without Brexit being delivered the vote would be split with some Tory votes going towards the Brexit party and thus Corbyn can ride past with Labour as the largest party.

The idea of the act was to manipulate the public by splitting Tory votes. Divide and conquer, a Marxist tactic.

It seems however than since the election has been called the Brexit Party are dropping in opinion polls and the Tories are still ahead.

With TBP stepping back Labour and the remainers are having a meltdown. Their plot has failed and Johnson has an even easier chance to win.
Samination What kind of reputation did Johnson have before being chosen? He's always been a lying sod, who'd say anything to get money
Triquatra
quote:
He's always been a lying sod, who'd say anything to get money

Pretty sure you just word for word wrote the dictionary definition of any politician ;)
Samination
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure you just word for word wrote the dictionary definition of any politician ;)

And Trump
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

And Trump

And Samination..
Samination well I wouldn't mind any money. I'm completely skint :(
Si Thompson
quote:
well I wouldn't mind any money. I'm completely skint :(

I've purchased a Euro Millions ticket for tonight. 90 Million jackpot.

If I win, I'll buy you a copy of 'Bang - Shooting Star (Euro Mix)'.
Rhoobarb2005 I guess people must be OK voting for the tories who think that Russians have a right to invest in our politics.

But yay, at least we get our 300+million back into the NHS.... Oh wait.
djDMS You couldn't make it up.

Lies, broken promises, austerity etc etc....
No thought for anyone but themselves and the most well off.

But that's the type of person they want to attract.

I generally have suffered THAT badly under the Tory government, but that's more by luck than anything else.
LeVzi And whats the alternative ? Labour ? LOL They've already said they would hike taxes and borrow to pay for all their spending, and raise inheritence tax threshold.

Yeah I fancy living in a Corbyn led government, lol with Diane ****ing Abbott as home secretary who said yesterday, free movement of people would not stop under them.

Anyone voting labour needs shooting.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
And whats the alternative ? Labour ? LOL They've already said they would hike taxes and borrow to pay for all their spending, and raise inheritence tax threshold.

Yeah I fancy living in a Corbyn led government, lol with Diane ****ing Abbott as home secretary who said yesterday, free movement of people would not stop under them.

This is the problem. Im no fan of the tories but the opposition is laughable and has been for a number of years now. I guess this is why the SNP are so popular in Scotland but the reality is that they are a joke too.
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
And whats the alternative ? Labour ? LOL They've already said they would hike taxes and borrow to pay for all their spending, and raise inheritence tax threshold.

Raise taxes? If it means public services get reinstated, great!
Borrow to pay for spending? That's how global economics works, and has done for many years. I guess austerity cuts where the rich keep their money but but the poor suffers is better?
Raise inheritance tax (I think you meant lower)? Great news! People with money now paying their way. About time too!
Free movement of people? Also good news.

Where are your bad points? All I see is Daily Mail headline spin.

As the cons have said, we are in this together. Well, I am still waiting for my sweet, sweet Russian lobbyist payout.

Brexit is about the rich trying to keep that wealth.
djDMS
quote:

No I don't fancy Labour either but that's not a reason for everybody to be a rabid tory lover.

I know it's like asking people if they'd rather get a poke in the eye or a kick in the bollocks...
Si Thompson
quote:

Spot on, LeVzi.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:

Borrow to pay for spending? That's how global economics works, and has done for many years. I guess austerity cuts where the rich keep their money but but the poor suffers is better?
Raise inheritance tax (I think you meant lower)? Great news! People with money now paying their way. About time too!

As the cons have said, we are in this together. Well, I am still waiting for my sweet, sweet Russian lobbyist payout.

So you are happy to pay more tax ? happy to have your paid for home taxed to **** when you die so your kids wont get it's value, what kinda **** are you ?

And free movement of people , good ?

All I am seeing is the looney left wing asshat responses i've seen since 2016, glad ****s like you are on the way out.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:

No I don't fancy Labour either but that's not a reason for everybody to be a rabid tory lover.

I know it's like asking people if they'd rather get a poke in the eye or a kick in the bollocks...

This is the truth of it, if you won't vote labour people are expect to support johnson. Nope, I'll vote labour or tory.

Thankfully, there is another option, love him or hate him, Farage's party is now a third option so they get my vote. Its better than not voting at all. Lib dems, greens or national parties are all as shit and twisted as the main two. I couldn't vote for that Jo Swinson, all I wanna do is kick her in the gap between her 2 front teeth.
LeVzi But, with everything said, I have had an absolute guts full of it all now.

Brexit, General Elections, I cannot stand politics anyway, now I ****ing really hate it. It cannot be over quick enough.

Although if Corbyn gets in, I wanna emigrate to Bulgaria.
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you are happy to pay more tax ? happy to have your paid for home taxed to **** when you die so your kids wont get it's value, what kinda **** are you ?

And free movement of people , good ?

All I am seeing is the looney left wing asshat responses i've seen since 2016, glad ****s like you are on the way out.

No-one wants to pay taxes, but hey, public services don't pay for themselves.

Pay more so essential services that were absolutely destroyed are put back, like better healthcare, social care programs for youth and deprived areas, actually dealing with things like mental health, etc? You bet I would!

Happy my kids don't get all the money from my house when I die? Due to health issues, the option to own a house never materialised. But hey, my kids are quite happy, content and independent. Understanding the value of money without some handout waiting for them when I snuff it.

Part of the reason we have the problems in the world is because of the few who get gifted money, live in privilege their whole life and don't live in the real world, and yet get to play puppet master to those that do. But that's by the by.

And free movement of people, good ? Yep, you read correctly, well done.

I have always thought of myself as a centre left to be honest, but I guess if you consider yourself centre to right, then I must be far left, because I wouldn't want to be grouped in with the angry, selfish, nationalist, racist crowd of Daily Mail readers.
I mean, I was apolitical, aligned to no party, because I see that they are all pretty bad. But having seen the damage and carnage caused by the cons. Having seen the increase in things like food banks, homelessness, removal of essential local services, etc. All while the privileged whine "we are in this together". I now have to vote for the lesser of the evils. I would rather vote for the higher taxes to help others than the morally bankrupt, 'screw you, got mine' group, willing to trash the country just so their friends can keep their money. As long as the rich and corporations are also taxed without loopholes (Yay EU!)

The fact you are getting angry and trying to defend selfish liars says a lot about the state of our country.

But you know what, I still value your opinion, and appreciate your view on things. I just disagree. No need to be angry.

So instead of lowering yourself to just petty insults with no real substance, (come one, you can be better than an American republican). How about having an adult discussion?

EDIT: Just read that you are voting for Farage. Oh well, there goes the hope of an adult conversation.
MusicILove Politicians are a bunch of liars. Most of them don't care about people they only care about themselves and about their political career.

When I was younger I was taken out of school many times to talk about the struggles of disabled people I met mayors I met politicians I spoke in front of thousands of people at think tanks at local government meetings at county government meetings, But it was all scripted. I was given a sheet of paper and told what to say. When I tried to put my own things in to get my own point across about what I actually felt and what help and improvements I and others needed I was shot down.

I was used by politicians by people in local government to further their careers.

They were clueless. They wert interested in listening to people like me who were living with it. they just wanted to parade us around and talk about how wonderful they were. Talk about how they were doing such a good job to make it so that someone like me could go to a normal school. It was a who could bring the most pathetic looking thing in to get the sympathy vote competition. Whoever wins gets promoted.

They say they care
They don't

Labour say they are going to do all this wonderful stuff. They won't. They are just using these promises to get votes from people who believe their rubbish.

They said they would drop tuition fees. Then after the election they admitted they couldn't or wouldn't do that.

Labour will make 1000's of people jobless just out of spite for people who are better off. People who provide all of the jobs in the country. They will tax them and make them move their money and business else where. They are wealthy they can leave whenever they want.

Oh and about these food banks. I would love to search the pockets and bags of those people who enter food banks.
I bet most of then have iPhones. I bet most of them don't stop their spending on fags and booze to feed their children when they can just go to a food bank and get it for free. Every prime ministers questions I hear the word food banks. If you offer people something for free they are going to take it.

I'm on benefits and Iv'e never needed to go to a food bank. It's all about money management. Manage your money properly and it can go far. You can have nice things if you spend sensibly and save up. Also find money Opportunities where ever you can. Even ?5 cash in hand an hour is worth it.

Yes there are some genuinely poor people out there but it's not as big a problem as Labour say it is. I'm also not saying everyone who goes to food banks doesn't really need it. I'm just saying I bet most of them don't.

It's people like that who take away from the more needy. Same with the benefits system. Programs like benefit street made people think all people on benefits were scum. It fuelled the benefit changes which the conservatives used to get votes, because people were angry they have to go to work and struggle on a small living, When these people can do nothing and get free money.

I have seen this so many times. People who could work doing everything they can to avoid it. Then they criticise others for doing the same. They lie and cheat the system to get everything they can.

It angers me so much. Here I am can't go out can't get the help I need. Suffering in pain with constant illness having my energy robbed from me. Yet people who can go out and live 100% independently get everything. They can drive them selves to the betting shop they can go for a day out just because they have nothing else better to do.

But despite all of that I'm still voting conservative.

I could be selfish and think about myself and what I need and want now. Then have to pay for it later when austerity has to come back to clean up the mess.

Or

I'm going to vote conservative in hopes that the finances will improve as they have been doing. Hoping that we can improve the economy get more Jobs more people paying tax. Then have some money left over from our current commitments and dept payments to spend improving things.

As for Brexit I voted out and still would. Let's get a proper Brexit. If at the next election it's still not done I'm never voting again.

Thats my take on it.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
Oh and about these food banks. I would love to search the pockets and bags of those people who enter food banks.
I bet most of then have iPhones. I bet most of them don't stop their spending on fags and booze to feed their children when they can just go to a food bank and get it for free. Every prime ministers questions I hear the word food banks. If you offer people something for free they are going to take it.

I'm on benefits and Iv'e never needed to go to a food bank. It's all about money management. Manage your money properly and it can go far. You can have nice things if you spend sensibly and save up. Also find money Opportunities where ever you can. Even ?5 cash in hand an hour is worth it.

Yes there are some genuinely poor people out there but it's not as big a problem as Labour say it is. I'm also not saying everyone who goes to food banks doesn't really need it. I'm just saying I bet most of them don't.

It's people like that who take away from the more needy. Same with the benefits system. Programs like benefit street made people think all people on benefits were scum. It fuelled the benefit changes which the conservatives used to get votes, because people were angry they have to go to work and struggle on a small living, When these people can do nothing and get free money.

I have seen this so many times. People who could work doing everything they can to avoid it. Then they criticise others for doing the same. They lie and cheat the system to get everything they can.

It angers me so much. Here I am can't go out can't get the help I need. Suffering in pain with constant illness having my energy robbed from me. Yet people who can go out and live 100% independently get everything. They can drive them selves to the betting shop they can go for a day out just because they have nothing else better to do.

But despite all of that I'm still voting conservative.

I could be selfish and think about myself and what I need and want now. Then have to pay for it later when austerity has to come back to clean up the mess.

Or

I'm going to vote conservative in hopes that the finances will improve as they have been doing. Hoping that we can improve the economy get more Jobs more people paying tax. Then have some money left over from our current commitments and dept payments to spend improving things.

As for Brexit I voted out and still would. Let's get a proper Brexit. If at the next election it's still not done I'm never voting again.

Thats my take on it.

Interesting points especially on the food banks. Labour are obsessed with them but care very little about the people who use them. They will say anything for a vote and this week Corbyn has gone mad on promises that we all know that he cannot keep!
djDMS You know that Labour are doing a rubbish job when people on benefits/with disabilities are voting Conservative!
LeVzi
quote:

Left wing ********e

You sound like like a complete c_u_n_t tbh.

Glad you *******s are the minority.
LeVzi
quote:
You know that Labour are doing a rubbish job when people on benefits/with disabilities are voting Conservative!

This is so true lol
Triquatra Well it started off fairly civilised.
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
Well it started off fairly civilised.

Meh, it's a shame that some people think insults and playground name calling makes for a decent discussion. But politics and the internet seems to have a habit of upsetting some folk.

Regardless of which side we choose to plant a flag (or not at all), I think it's safe to assume that interesting times are ahead.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:

Meh, it's a shame that some people think insults and playground name calling makes for a decent discussion. But politics and the internet seems to have a habit of upsetting some folk.

Regardless of which side we choose to plant a flag (or not at all), I think it's safe to assume that interesting times are ahead.

Whoever gets in, Anarchy is pretty much on the cards, the left have shown they will do it already since the referendum, and if Corbyn gets in I imagine the right will do the same.

This country is fked no matter which of the main parties gets in. What interests me more is who gets in OTHER than them. Lets face it , there will only be either a labour or tory government. None of the other parties have a hope of getting a majority.

Personally, Hung parliment, with a coalition being formed between either Labour and Lib dems and SNP, or Tories and Brexit Party.

If the former gets in, then Brexit is over, revoked A50 and the riots start, if Tories get in with Brexit party coalition, I can imagine the same will happen.

Either way, Brexit has been the best thing ever to happen to the UK, as no only can we now see the level of corruption plain as day , but we are in a position to force change. Things have to change, because this kinda thing can never happen twice.
Si Thompson
quote:

LeVzi Well, for me, yesterday showed the outcome of this GE.

Labour are completely unelectable, they would bankrupt this country with their manifesto, their plans are completely not possible.

Sorry, even if you love Labour and Corbyn, you must be able to see their planned borrowing, planned spending simply do not add up. I don't need to advocate for any other party here, Labour are just dreaming with it. Would be a massive mistake to put them in power.
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
Well, for me, yesterday showed the outcome of this GE.

Labour are completely unelectable, they would bankrupt this country with their manifesto, their plans are completely not possible.

Sorry, even if you love Labour and Corbyn, you must be able to see their planned borrowing, planned spending simply do not add up. I don't need to advocate for any other party here, Labour are just dreaming with it. Would be a massive mistake to put them in power.

There are no good options though, they are all sleazy liars who blind people with promises of rainbows and fairy dust if they get in power, vs Armageddon if the 'others' get in.

It's not about "our party is better because...." anymore. It's "their party is worse because.....".

Look at the cons, creating fake websites pretending to be labor, and "fact" based twitter accounts, but oop, no we won't let you look at the Russian "donation" report. Why not put that effort into making your own party look better? Because they can't. Same with them all. It's a grim and bleak outlook no matter who you believe.

It's a case of choosing which you despise the least. Or better yet, which pack of lies is the most digestible and leaves you feeling less guilty when they don't happen.
MusicILove If you dislike Russia why would you support labour? They will get rid of our nuclear deterrent which could mean Russia could just walk in and take over.. They could just say give us everything or we will kill you all.
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
If you dislike Russia why would you support labour? They will get rid of our nuclear deterrent which could mean Russia could just walk in and take over.. They could just say give us everything or we will kill you all.

Did they say they would get rid, or stop the money being spent on trident? (havent been keeping up with that)

I never said I was support/vote labour (I am still undecided until everyone sets out their lies, I mean plans), I was more just responding to comments about labour's "promises".
As I said, ALL politicians are corrupt scum. It was the reason I was apolitical before. I hold no allegiance to any party or politician.

It makes me feel a bit dirty to plant my flag in one camp, as none of them fully represent what I would like.

I just have to vote for those who I think will stuff this country up the least, based on my views.
Samination For the love of capitalism... western socialism isn't the same as Russian socialism.

Just look at us in Sweden. We have an even more lefty socialism than labour, yet we hate Russia even more than UK and US combined.
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
If you dislike Russia why would you support labour? They will get rid of our nuclear deterrent which could mean Russia could just walk in and take over.. They could just say give us everything or we will kill you all.

Did they say they would get rid, or stop the money being spent on trident? (havent been keeping up with that)

I never said I was support/vote labour (I am still undecided until everyone sets out their lies, I mean plans), I was more just responding to comments about labour's "promises".
As I said, ALL politicians are corrupt scum. It was the reason I was apolitical before. I hold no allegiance to any party or politician.

It makes me feel a bit dirty to plant my flag in one camp, as none of them fully represent what I would like.

I just have to vote for those who I think will stuff this country up the least, based on my views.

Fair enough to be honest I?m now fed up of voting I wish that a party would get in do their 4 or 5 years and do what they say they?re going to do within those 4 or 5 years. Instead of just going back on promises or saying we?ve made some progress but we need another 4 or 5 years to finish it.
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough to be honest I?m now fed up of voting I wish that a party would get in do their 4 or 5 years and do what they say they?re going to do within those 4 or 5 years. Instead of just going back on promises or saying we?ve made some progress but we need another 4 or 5 years to finish it.

Don't forget the old classic "The last 4 years under us have been hard, buuuuuuuuut that's because we were clearing up the previous governments mess! Not our fault, vote for us!"
Smoogie
quote:

Don't forget the old classic "The last 4 years under us have been hard, buuuuuuuuut that's because we were clearing up the previous governments mess! Not our fault, vote for us!"

Well Labour did leave us a lot of mess to clear up!
LeVzi Labour ****ed this country royally under Blair / Brown, then Cameron came in and lost the plot trying to fix it all and screwed everyone again. May came in and lied from start to finish and nothing changed.

Johnson has lied too, but at least he wants us out of the EU , which is really what this is all about.

Corbyn hasn't committed to anything, but there would be a 2nd referendum, and his spending plans are fantasy.

Swinson has said complete revokation of A50 and stop brexit, that is going to cause even more problems, same as SNP, Plaid Cymru and

Green Party, these idiots are the possibly the worst of the lot. They want to spend spend spend and cause massive economic failings purely based on saving the planet. OK saving the planet would be a good cause if things were that bad, but they aren't. A more sensible , less radical approach would make them credible. Green party been smoking too much green tbh.

Which leaves the party I am voting for, the Brexit Party. Farage is not everyones cup of tea, I know that, but he's been pretty on point about things over the last 4 years. They have stated policies now which I am in favour of, scrapping HS2 the rail network, cutting the foreign aid budget and pumping billions back into the UK's infrastructure to get the economy going. Farage was a commodities broker before he got involved with it all, so now he's said he wants to help small businesses, and being a family that has a small business, I am all in favour of that and giving small business priority and helping them more. Only have to look at my local high street to see how bad it is for local business.
Triquatra Depending on where you are BXP is most likely a wasted vote. And there'll be wasted votes all over the place until we get the country off FPTP and swtiched to something sensible like AMS or STV.

Depending on where a person is of course. Anyone voting for BXP or Green when they want leave/remain needs to check the votes in their area otherwise they may just be letting someone in who is even further from their own stance.
LeVzi
quote:
Depending on where you are BXP is most likely a wasted vote. And there'll be wasted votes all over the place until we get the country off FPTP and swtiched to something sensible like AMS or STV.

Depending on where a person is of course. Anyone voting for BXP or Green when they want leave/remain needs to check the votes in their area otherwise they may just be letting someone in who is even further from their own stance.

Brexit Party is not going to be a wasted vote, because if opinion polls are to be believed, the tories are going to landslide it, and they need to be kept honest or it's going to be a mess. Now Labour heartlands are going to vote away from labour due to Brexit and they would never vote Tory, so they will vote Brexit Party and there will be a few MP's from the Brexit Party and they will at least have a chance to keep them honest. SNP think they are the key to remain, but labour and lib dems are car crashes waiting to happen, so fingers crossed a leave majority gets in and this whole Brexit issue can be ended once and for all, but NOT Boris' shit deal. That's why you need Brexit Party MP's are needed.
Impulse_Response The way I view the EU, highly simplified, it acts as a national government in which the EU nations are like states in the US. Maybe this is incorrect, but this is how I view it (e.g. passport-free movement, highly free trade, unified laws on certain issues, EU border nations being punished for blocking unauthorized migrants, etc.).

Do the UK and other EU nations want national sovereignty or not?

I'm drunk on Schnapps btw or I wouldn't post this.
djDMS Like it or hate it, the EU wouldn't exist if there weren't some benefits to being a member.

I hope everything's lovely when we leave, but I have no idea what'll happen - and if 'experts' can't agree on the outcome who am I to say?
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
The way I view the EU, highly simplified, it acts as a national government in which the EU nations are like states in the US. Maybe this is incorrect, but this is how I view it (e.g. passport-free movement, highly free trade, unified laws on certain issues, EU border nations being punished for blocking unauthorized migrants, etc.).

Do the UK and other EU nations want national sovereignty or not?

I'm drunk on Schnapps btw or I wouldn't post this.

You should drink it more often, because you are bang on. That's exactly how the EU works, and if anyone thinks that's a good idea, then i'd like to know why.

That asshat Guy Verhofstadt even made a speech on how all the countries must give up their soverrignty so the EU can be so much better. Basically means each member state will be totally controlled from Brussels.

I am British, I only answer to British Law unless I am in another country then I respect theirs. I would hand over jack sh1t to the EU.
Si Thompson What's the predictions then? One week today.

Hung parliament, or Tory majority?
LeVzi I'm leaning toward Tory majority, Corbyn has had some extremely bad times recently, and Swinson has been shown to be a complete idiot.

BP haven't really shown enough, but on a personal note I hope they get in here where I live.

But yeah, tories gonna get in with a majority, Johnson is popular for some reason.
Smoogie Polling predictions hint at a Tory majority. The Tories took a minor dip last week thanks to Corbyn's 'The NHS s going to be sold to the Americans' smear which was debunked straight away and now Trump has come out saying that he has no interest in the NHS.

There are also reports of leaked files from Corbyn that Corbyn somehow got his hands on. This story has been in the background but the BBC are refusing to touch it.

It is blatantly obvious that the BBC are biased in favour of Labour.

While some of the Labour gains in the polls are likely from them picking a few Lib Dem voters the Tories are still holding a steady lead against Labour. Compare that to polling in 2017 then the Tories should hopefully win.
MusicILove https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/03/diane-abbotts-son-accused-assaulting-officer-outside-foreign/

It?s interesting how doctored papers from reddit created by the Russians can get talked about everywhere but some real news gets covered up. Clearly shows they are only willing to report on what suits them.

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-leak-of-jeremy-corbyns-nhs-papers-raises-spectre-of-foreign-influence-11877000

My prediction is conservatives win majority. Brexit Party pick up a few. SMP loses more seats and Lib Dem?s lose seats because some of their current MP?s were elected to other parties
Si Thompson Sent my voting papers by post this morning.
Smoogie
quote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/03/diane-abbotts-son-accused-assaulting-officer-outside-foreign/

It?s interesting how doctored papers from reddit created by the Russians can get talked about everywhere but some real news gets covered up. Clearly shows they are only willing to report on what suits them.

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-leak-of-jeremy-corbyns-nhs-papers-raises-spectre-of-foreign-influence-11877000

My prediction is conservatives win majority. Brexit Party pick up a few. SMP loses more seats and Lib Dem?s lose seats because some of their current MP?s were elected to other parties

Just looking at the BBC website it is full of pro Labour stories and anti Tory articles.

The Diane Abbot story is absent as is the Russian links and I don't think they have even thought of investigating potential voter fraud. Had it been the other way around and it was thought that the Tories where committing such fraud then we would never hear the end of it.

Labour get too much of an easy ride with the BBC
djDMS You've totally made that up, most of what I've seen on the BBC has been the opposite.

Generally -

What the Tories are doing/promising

What labour aren't doing.
Samination
quote:
You've totally made that up, most of what I've seen on the BBC has been the opposite.

Generally -

sssh, dont wake the Drumpfs
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
You've totally made that up, most of what I've seen on the BBC has been the opposite.

Generally -

....and actively covering up what Bojo the clown does to make him look more positive.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-andrew-marr-neil-interview-election-debate-bbc-a9227286.html

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/bbc-sorry-poppy-wreath

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/nov/25/bbc-admits-mistake-in-editing-out-laughter-at-johnson-in-tv-debate

https://evolvepolitics.com/bbc-chiefs-say-its-wrong-to-expose-boris-johnsons-lies-because-it-undermines-trust-in-democracy/

Totally unbiased.
LeVzi tbh i've not seen a single canvasser near where I live. Not one.

OK the neighbourhood isn't exactly friendly to anyone, but even so....
Rhoobarb2005
quote:
tbh i've not seen a single canvasser near where I live. Not one.

OK the neighbourhood isn't exactly friendly to anyone, but even so....

We only get leaflets. Never had a door knocker.
jenks The biggest fear with Boris is that he won't do what he says he'll do, whereas the biggest fear with Corbyn is that he will.

I dread to think how long it would take for the country to recover from a Corbyn government.
MusicILove It took Russia 70 years to sort of kind of get rid of Communism so around that long Ish maybe Possibly.

We'll all be dead before that happens.
Si Thompson Tomorrow should be interesting.
MusicILove I'm staying up all night to watch. Been asleep most of the day. Now it's time for breakfast / dinner
MusicILove :)
Go On Borris
MusicILove

I hope the polls are correct
djDMS Selfishness wins again
MusicILove
quote:
Selfishness wins again

Selfishness would be voting Labour for free everything at the cost of the economy and everything that makes us British.

When the exit poll was announced all I could hear was cheering outside.
LeVzi Boris wins hands over fist, tbh I am just glad I am not waking up to Corbyn as PM. Best news for me.
Samination
quote:
quote:
Selfishness wins again

Selfishness would be voting Labour for free everything at the cost of the economy and everything that makes us British.

When the exit poll was announced all I could hear was cheering outside.

so selfishness makes you brittish?

Anyways, I'm just waiting for Michael Gove to give Bojo his second (or third?) backstab
Si Thompson Today is going to be a great day!
Smoogie Well... That was phucking awesome!
Si Thompson
quote:
Well... That was phucking awesome!

Wasn't it just, Smoogie lad.

Smoogie
quote:
quote:
Well... That was phucking awesome!

Wasn't it just, Smoogie lad.

We can now enjoy a decent government and a hilarious lefty meltdown!

All this rain that is being predicted is the lefty tears but it is said that the rain stopped across the country at precisely the moment that a majority had been declared.
LeVzi

This is the sort of bullsh!t this country needs to stamp out asap. This antifa attitude.

I can't find the videos of when they actually interviewed some of the protestors but one girl was saying " I wish JOhnson a horrible death, I hope he dies" etc

Students most of them, and this is what's being preached in Uni. Ironic Labour are under investigation for breaking electoral rules, for campaigning in polling stations, and advising students to vote twice from home and digs addresses.

Labour need a new leader, and a new direction away from marxist , socialist bollocks and a more centre left approach is needed to get credibility back in their party. Getting rid of the likes of Abbott and Thornberry would be a good start. Labour are victims of their own campaign. Shame really cos you need a strong opposition to keep a government honest, and now there isn't one.

Johnson has a chance now to get Brexit done properly, and start honouring his promised, or he'll be out next in 5 years.

But now, it's over, lets hope all this remain vs leave stuff starts to die down, and we can get on with life, but these hard line remainers need to stop.

Biggest question I have is, what is drunk steve going to do now ?
Si Thompson
quote:

This is the sort of bullsh!t this country needs to stamp out asap. This antifa attitude.

I can't find the videos of when they actually interviewed some of the protestors but one girl was saying " I wish JOhnson a horrible death, I hope he dies" etc

Students most of them, and this is what's being preached in Uni. Ironic Labour are under investigation for breaking electoral rules, for campaigning in polling stations, and advising students to vote twice from home and digs addresses.

Labour need a new leader, and a new direction away from marxist , socialist bollocks and a more centre left approach is needed to get credibility back in their party. Getting rid of the likes of Abbott and Thornberry would be a good start. Labour are victims of their own campaign. Shame really cos you need a strong opposition to keep a government honest, and now there isn't one.

Johnson has a chance now to get Brexit done properly, and start honouring his promised, or he'll be out next in 5 years.

But now, it's over, lets hope all this remain vs leave stuff starts to die down, and we can get on with life, but these hard line remainers need to stop.

Biggest question I have is, what is drunk steve going to do now ?

It's ironic that they operate under the name anti-fascists, when in fact, they are the real fascists.

Just another far left cult moving under the guise of something else. **** them!
Smoogie
quote:

Disgusting behavior!

And they wonder why their precious Corbyn lost
djDMS Idiots. The 'protest against everything' mob strikes again.

This silly new trend needs to go away, doesn't do anybody any favours.
Impulse_Response Reminds of the left's reaction here when Trump was elected.

It took 5.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page