Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Help with Old skool breakbeat vocal samples

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vz0u So i've been making some tracks lately and my vocal samples have been lacking. I know the samples come from Old school hip hop 80s to early 90s but i can't really find anything. I've been using sites like whosampled to see how producers like Acen and Liam Howlett sample different types of music but nothing is really helping.
Captain Triceps Youtube rap/soul/funk etc acapellas. if it's only tiny snippets you're looking for you will find them.
Years ago, I downloaded this pack full of hip hop acapellas, I'd just load them into my DAW and flick through until I found a usable sample. Cut it, pitch to fit, boom.

Have you got any links to your music?
Si Thompson I've got literally thousands of well known vocals and samples, but I tend to grab obscure samples from films.

Stuff people won't necessarily know. Just make sure you source good quality ones.
Smoogie I have sampled Boris Johnson's voice
Vz0u
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Youtube rap/soul/funk etc acapellas. if it's only tiny snippets you're looking for you will find them.
Years ago, I downloaded this pack full of hip hop acapellas, I'd just load them into my DAW and flick through until I found a usable sample. Cut it, pitch to fit, boom.

Have you got any links to your music?

I haven't uploaded any of my newest songs yet

I'm trying to go for that acen/2 bad mice/early prodigy vibe. sometimes they transpose some times they repitch. the problem i'm having is simply finding the genres of the music and actually finding good samples
Vz0u
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
I've got literally thousands of well known vocals and samples, but I tend to grab obscure samples from films.

Stuff people won't necessarily know. Just make sure you source good quality ones.

Speaking of Film's

I sampled a impact type sound from Enter The Dragon just the other day. pretty kool
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I have sampled Boris Johnson's voice

I've sampled Dr Jordan Peterson. The track is still sat there unfinished.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Vz0u:
quote:
I've got literally thousands of well known vocals and samples, but I tend to grab obscure samples from films.

Speaking of Film's

I sampled a impact type sound from Enter The Dragon just the other day. pretty kool

Yesterday, I started a remix of 'Johnny Jungle - Johnny' and I've sampled dialogue from 'Marked For Death', and a lazer sound from 'Lawnmower Man'.
Vz0u
quote:
quote:
quote:

Speaking of Film's

Yesterday, I started a remix of 'Johnny Jungle - Johnny' and I've sampled dialogue from 'Marked For Death', and a lazer sound from 'Lawnmower Man'.

Awesome, I've sampled a lazor from "Hackers" in one of my old tracks. Back when i was just throwing shit down in a daw and hoping it was good
Smoogie
quote:
quote:
quote:

Speaking of Film's

The original is an old Jungle classic. Let me know when you have a finished result!
Captain Triceps Oh every time I watch a film I constantly have a ear open for samples.
A remix I've just finished has a small vocal from an old episode of Eastenders I nabbed off YouTube!
There's thousands of sample packs out there but you have to bear in mind they have likely been used loads of times. You just need to be patient, think outside the box and look for them.
Si Thompson
quote:
Oh every time I watch a film I constantly have a ear open for samples.

Same here, Paul. I write a reminder note on my phone to seek it out when I'm in the studio.

And you are right about thinking outside the box.
Si Thompson
quote:
The original is an old Jungle classic. Let me know when you have a finished result!

Will do Smoogie, lad. I only quickly started the project yesterday. I'll be on it tomorrow. It currently has all of the samples from the original and two breaks chopped and timed ready.

I have been working on a few Jungle remixes. Did these two last week.

The pad intro to 'Bird Of Prey' remix is actually the Toy Town stab/vox reworked in Padshop.

Vz0u
quote:
quote:

Will do Smoogie, lad. I only quickly started the project yesterday. I'll be on it tomorrow. It currently has all of the samples from the original and two breaks chopped and timed ready.

The pad intro to 'Bird Of Prey' remix is actually the Toy Town stab/vox reworked in Padshop.

Wow that's great.

I'm not really into Jungle stuff but that's cool. I'm more into the Breakbeat Hardcore stuff
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wow that's great.

I'm not really into Jungle stuff but that's cool. I'm more into the Breakbeat Hardcore stuff

Just uploaded one of my Breakbeat Hardcore tracks to Youtube.

Vz0u Love it!!!!!

Really like that "It's not the orginal" vocal sample

stuff like that i'm looking for. I looked up some Rap/soul/funk acapellas and found some good stuff. I really need to get to crate digging someday
Si Thompson
quote:
Love it!!!!!

Really like that "It's not the orginal" vocal sample

stuff like that i'm looking for. I looked up some Rap/soul/funk acapellas and found some good stuff. I really need to get to crate digging someday

Haha. That sample is off a Whatsapp voice note from a producer/engineer called Hattrixx. He was asking me about a track. I emailed the voice note to myself and converted the file to a WAV. I then imported the recording into Cubase and chopped it up. It actually worked really well.
Vz0u Nice, That reminds me of Jonny L in the Anasaphone.

He recorded his girlfriend arguing with him on the phone and used it on the song
Si Thompson
quote:
Nice, That reminds me of Jonny L in the Anasaphone.

He recorded his girlfriend arguing with him on the phone and used it on the song

Always good to be different when sampling. Use stuff people wouldn't usually think about.
Captain Triceps You're such a bastard and a liar!
Vz0u
quote:
You're such a bastard and a liar!

?
Vz0u
quote:
You're such a bastard and a liar!

haha i just now realized
djDMS
quote:
I have sampled Boris Johnson's voice

To play while you're wanking?
Vz0u
Si Thompson
Vz0u
quote:

Haha yeah it took me a sec to realize
Captain Triceps
quote:
I'm more into the Breakbeat Hardcore stuff

Have you been following the stuff coming out on Kniteforce? I have an EP out at some point soon that is all 1992-94 style breakbeat hardcore
Smoogie My recent Jungle but not vocals at all. Very basic actually but my first attempt at the 'Darkcore' sound:

Smoogie Also made this a few months ago:

Vz0u Nice.. Love the Hardcore stuff but its all good. Especially the Photek and Squarepusher albums.

Can't forget RDJ now that i'm talking about IDM.

I made a hardcore song that i've been letting people listen to at my school. Its long but when it gets released im going to shorten it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PAUjxX91yMLj5fLK024DbwzxLOseLowH

Let me know what you think. Im not too experienced with the matter of making music. Hell i'm still in highschool, I love the hardcore sound and i wanna make music with it
Si Thompson Smoogie has got sausage and chips for tea.
Smoogie
quote:
Smoogie has got sausage and chips for tea.

sausage and chips?
Vz0u Sausage and Chips
Si Thompson
quote:
Sausage and Chips

Smoogie
Vz0u
quote:

Have you two checked out my song yet?
Smoogie
quote:

Have you two checked out my song yet?

Which one?
Vz0u This one, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PAUjxX91yMLj5fLK024DbwzxLOseLowH
Smoogie
quote:
This one, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PAUjxX91yMLj5fLK024DbwzxLOseLowH

Just had a listen. Some hints of Old Belgium in there as well!
Vz0u
quote:
quote:
This one, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PAUjxX91yMLj5fLK024DbwzxLOseLowH

Just had a listen. Some hints of Old Belgium in there as well!

Thank you, i'm bad at mixing so i tried hard to make it bassy but also not to blow out the whole club lol

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page