Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Darren styles latest track.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Anon. Atrocious. Can't believe this is the same guy that produced dropzone and other bangers.

How can this be classed as uk hardcore or hardcore or happy hardcore etc

Everything is getting softer, theres absolutely no oomph in uk hardcore tracks these days.Even fracus and darwin tracks are getting stale too.

I miss the old days of 1990's - 2010 hardcore :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRTD0MytOEk
Si Thompson Just reading some of the YouTube comments under that track. 'Darren's best ever track', someone says.. I know music taste is subjective, but come on..
LeVzi Utter gash
DJGouda I find it quite decent actually. Sure, the kick and bass are probably as weak as ever, but both the vocals and melody are enjoyable imo.
trippnface heard worse from him. boring track for me though.
Impulse_Response Very boring, and those vocals are disgusting. I don't know how to describe the vocals but it reeks of the pop EDM garbage they play on Sirius BPM.
The drunken scotsman Is it really any different from most tunes he has been making for the last couple of years?
MusicILove Stick a PROPER Kick & bass on it and I think it would be good. At least it hasn't got any of that horrible Gammer noise in it. Oh and speed it up to 170.
Child Prodigy Whether you like it or not, that's how UK Hardcore sounds now
djDMS I have to say that does precisely shit all for me.

There are 20 bootlegs of poppy EDM tracks that sound exactly like it every week.
sebastianNL I do like it! This I can still call UK Hardcore! (the modern version)
DJ_FunDaBounce I can understand the aesthetic appeal. It sounds modern and clean. Thing is, everything coming out seems to follow a particular aesthetic formula.

Same could be said about 90's happycore, though!
TartanTerror2119 that track has a kick? i didn't hear any kick all i heard was an annoying click...do i need to get my ears checked lol
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Child Prodigy:
Whether you like it or not, that's how UK Hardcore sounds now

This is how UK Hardcore has sounded for the last 10 years or more to me.

Vocal pop music.
Guest its the same as the past 8 years, with a slower BPM. probably down to his EDM mates saying they sound trash in rekordbox when they beatsync them

its easier to speed it up into old hardcore, harder to slow it down
Sulphurik What about this track? It's worse that Never Let Me Down.

There's the riff from Re-Con - Pull Over but this version from Darren is poor. The bassline after 1min 44 secs sounds like it's donk or bounce style!

Anon. Shocking!

He's sold out.
Impulse_Response That is a disgusting track.
Vladel It's catchy but i was half expecting it to turn into hard house.
trippnface So bad.

it's amazing how they choose the worst elements from various scenes and introduce then into hardcore.

Psytrance is so good right now, but they use the crappiest, most mainstream psy sounds to make their crappy, mainstream sounding hardcore.
rafferty Never liked many of Darren Styles male vocal tracks. Always sound a bit gay because they have that boy band vibe..
Should go back to using girls like Lisa Abbott and Jenna.

Is plain for everyone to see Darren Styles is definitely watering his sound down to slower beats sell to the masses.
Especially with Monstercat releases.

LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Never liked many of Darren Styles male vocal tracks. Always sound a bit gay because they have that boy band vibe..
Should go back to using girls like Lisa Abbott and Jenna.

Is plain for everyone to see Darren Styles is definitely watering his sound down to slower beats sell to the masses.
Especially with Monstercat releases.

Since that clubland stuff happened, he's always been the same. He has a huge female fan base who love him regardless. Me ? Since he split with Force, he made some good tracks like Skydiving and Taking me Higher, others will like more of his stuff, but those 2 for me only ones I like truely.

He definitely wants to be a part of the "pop" world tbh, crossing over into the mainstream. But then he does stay with his roots, he played a set with Force this weekend just gone, but their appeal isn't as big. They wrote some banging tunes, but live they weren't a big draw. (Not back in the day anyway)

9oh9 Yeah, I love force & styles's productions, but I'll be the first to say their DJ sets were/are a bit samey. To their credit, they did play tunes from other labels, but not a great variety from what I've heard on tape packs! I guess in fairness they're booked as a classics act these days, so anthem bashing is expected. I've heard Force solo a couple of times at smaller events, he played more varied stuff there.
Quicksilver I quite like it, but I wish it was faster.
MusicILove It?s utter crap.

As for his live mixing it?s also poor. How he ever won best DJ I?ll never know. He mixes 1 phrase and that?s it. Just lets the bass play by its self.
Craig Cairney Fair enough we get older and tastes change. But his music over the last few years has been really poor. Hard to believe it's the same guy who made all those anthems over a 20 year period.
Sulphurik Very nice track

The drunken scotsman By recent standards that sounds pretty good.
Sulphurik Just came across this below, new from DS & TNT

At first I liked the sound of the intro riff but unfortunately after the build up and kick roll, I was disappointed what I heard. If that intro riff was used after the build up and in main part of track that might have sounded better. At the very end, sounds like influence from the Atmozfears & Demi Kanon - Move ma body track.

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Just came across this below, new from DS & TNT

At first I liked the sound of the intro riff but unfortunately after the build up and kick roll, I was disappointed what I heard. If that intro riff was used after the build up and in main part of track that might have sounded better. At the very end, sounds like influence from the Atmozfears & Demi Kanon - Move ma body track.

that's definitely many steps in the right direction , not bad.
Sulphurik This new one released on a big label. It's a good track, would sound even better at a faster tempo. I've a feeling we'll see a UKHC remix or two of this.

Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Atrocious. Can't believe this is the same guy that produced dropzone and other bangers.

Everything is getting softer, theres absolutely no oomph in uk hardcore tracks these days.Even fracus and darwin tracks are getting stale too.

Actually thought it was gonna be worse, but i've heard a couple of shockers the last few years on youtube by him though, but know what you mean lad, don't really know why i can sort of listen to this one though, must be all the similar type of crap that i've heard over the last few years my ears getting kind of used to it
Sulphurik Some track! Don't think had heard this one before

For a UK hardcore remix of this, keeping the hardstyle synth riff but replacing it with piano riff in parts or later on in track would sound cool
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Atrocious. Can't believe this is the same guy that produced dropzone and other bangers.

He's aiming more at the European scene nowadays, that's where he can get more giggs and earn a more consistent living.
He is a good producer. But definitely very different these days.

Sc@r Music is def subjective and everyone has different opinions and not all songs are going to appeal to everyone.

i absolutely love his release Reactivate , i know its a track from late last year but im still caining it. what a tune!
S.Hy
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:

quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

My god. It's like his music is crying out in pain.
Craig Cairney His music over the past 7-8 years hasn't been to my tastes at all. Minus all the great stuff he wrote with Force and DJ Breeze, I like to remember him when he was writing tracks like Getting Better, Skydiving, Drop Zone, Sound Without A Name, Save Me etc

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page