Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Evolution Records Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson I haven't heard any new material from Scott Brown of late. No new UK Hardcore releases since July.

Just hopped on the Evolution website and nothing new is pending, just old stuff being released as digital.
Samination I think he's been busy updating older releases, which seems evident from the beatport page:
https://www.beatport.com/label/evolution-records/20887/tracks
Bring Me Round To Love
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I think he's been busy updating older releases, which seems evident from the beatport page:

Odd that Scott Brown's tracks are labelled has Hard Techno.

LeVzi Man i'd be broke if I bought the entire back catalogue to replace the vinyl rips I have.

Shame you can't trade in mp3's
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Man i'd be broke if I bought the entire back catalogue to replace the vinyl rips I have.

Shame you can't trade in mp3's

I collected every EVO on vinyl, and still play vinyl sets.
Samination I got 3 copies of Forever Yours because the 2 first ones had the same pressing error...
MusicILove I'm slowly going through and buying the bits I want from Evolution. Believe it or not I only had 5 things from his label until about a month ago. I was hoping he would do a back catalogue so was waiting on it for years, But whilst were on the topic of Scott Brown Releasing music

Dear Mr Brown.

Please Release Gammer Featuring Compulsion ‎- The Call digitally with all it's remixes and the original call audio?

Thanks.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
I'm slowly going through and buying the bits I want from Evolution. Believe it or not I only had 5 things from his label until about a month ago. I was hoping he would do a back catalogue so was waiting on it for years, But whilst were on the topic of Scott Brown Releasing music

Dear Mr Brown.

Please Release Gammer Featuring Compulsion ‎- The Call digitally with all it's remixes and the original call audio?

Thanks.

I have that on vinyl. I remember getting the White label promo back in 2006.

If you're going through Evo releases then check 30-39. They are my favourites.
danielseven
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I think he's been busy updating older releases, which seems evident from the beatport page:

Odd that Scott Brown's tracks are labelled has Hard Techno.

That's because Beatport (I'd say, finally!) changed the genre tags.

So now, what once used to be "Hard Dance", is "Hard Dance / Hardcore" (since all the UK/Happy Hardcore labels were releasing their music under the "Hard Dance" genre), and what used to be "Hard Techno / Hardcore" is now just "Hard Techno".

Labels (and distributors) now have to amend to that change.
rafferty
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
I haven't heard any new material from Scott Brown of late. No new UK Hardcore releases since July.

Just hopped on the Evolution website and nothing new is pending, just old stuff being released as digital.

Hey had a new release just last month on oneseventy with Technikore and JTS called "Low-end Theory" So he is still doing bits and pieces.

I actually really like this. Very fresh but still uplifting and fast.

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
I haven't heard any new material from Scott Brown of late. No new UK Hardcore releases since July.

Hey had a new release just last month on oneseventy with Technikore and JTS called "Low-end Theory" So he is still doing bits and pieces.

Not feeling that at all.
robertybob
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not feeling that at all.

I wouldn?t have known Scott had anything to do with it; I can?t hear his influence on it at all. It just sounds like a Technikore track to me

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not feeling that at all.

I wouldn?t have known Scott had anything to do with it; I can?t hear his influence on it at all. It just sounds like a Technikore track to me

Just the Piano section sounds like Scott Brown.

Not liking the main riff at all.
rafferty
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not feeling that at all.

Is a Hardstyle type riff. Which sounds way fresher than the old dated Hard Trance sounds.

To me Techknikore must be doing something right. The guy just got over a million plays on spotify for one of his newer tracks. This sounds like a quality collaboration.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not feeling that at all.

Is a Hardstyle type riff. Which sounds way fresher than the old dated Hard Trance sounds.

To me Techknikore must be doing something right. The guy just got over a million plays on spotify for one of his newer tracks. This sounds like a quality collaboration.

Yes. I know what type of riff it is. It's not really my thing. Hence why I don't bother with 90% of UK Hardcore anymore. However, I still like the odd track with that Hardstyle sounding lead, but it all depends what the arrangement of the lead is.

Nobody is disputing that they are doing something right. Both quality, well established producers that still resonate with music listeners.
martinj1985 Just wondering....did scott brown ever release "A Few Moments" that was on his Bonkers 13 mix?

inserts sly mix......
fender2k1
quote:
Originally posted by martinj1985:
Just wondering....did scott brown ever release "A Few Moments" that was on his Bonkers 13 mix?

inserts sly mix......

yes, as rock tha house https://www.beatport.com/release/the-old-to-the-new/378443
martinj1985 cheers dude!
tenfold234 Did Scott loose the masters/DAT for Chase. He has uploaded Do Not Attempt but still no Chase. As much as I like Back and Forth. Chase is the better Brisk Collab
djDMS No way he could clear (or afford) the sample so he just didn't bother adding it.
Samination I asked a similar question to Scott Brown on his facebook fanpage

https://www.facebook.com/djscottbrown/posts/10151151418619967?comment_id=10151151736274967

quote:
Available for the first time digitally. The massive 90s anthems 'Dansatak' & 'Heaven in Mind' by Massive!

quote:
Jacek
Back at re-releasing oldies again I see :)
Have you manage to get new licenses, or are tracks like Turn up the Music and Chase lost to us forever? :(

quote:
Author, Scott Brown Fanpage
I wrote this track so forever own the copyright. Some other tracks, sadly, will be lost forever.
Sulphurik Yeah been a while since some new Scott Brown releases but I'm sure it will not be too until some new Evolution releases.

Couple of his last tracks including Because Of You was very good but didn't like Toyshop much.

All My Dreams available now
https://www.beatport.com/release/the-fractured-mind-ep-2/2806363
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Yeah been a while since some new Scott Brown releases but I'm sure it will not be too until some new Evolution releases.

Couple of his last tracks including Because Of You was very good but didn't like Toyshop much.

All My Dreams available now
https://www.beatport.com/release/the-fractured-mind-ep-2/2806363

I've had 'All My Dreams' ages. It seems to have taken a while to get a single release.

Yeah. 'Toyshop' was a bit meh!
Sulphurik New Hardcore Disco remix, as it's Spryo dub thought there would have been less vocal?

Another Scott & M-Project really liked from couple of years is Energized.
https://www.beatport.com/release/energized/2322560
Craig Cairney I'm hoping he gets some of the old releases from Bouncy Techno up. He did say they were coming. Really want a digital copy of From the Underground and Make 'em Clap.
Sulphurik There?s been Scott Brown tracks remixed by UFO and UFO tracks remixed by Scott. What about a Scott Brown & UFO collaboration track?!
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
quote:

Yeah sounds good, don't think have heard that one before. Did really like his style from 1997, plenty of classics from that year.
Si Thompson Still my favourite Evolution release.

Sulphurik Rock to my beatz is a great track, will have to look for the digital release.

Alex Threat I absolutely love this tune, unsure if it has already been posted

Si Thompson
quote:
Rock to my beatz is a great track, will have to look for the digital release.

I've remixed it.

Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
I absolutely love this tune, unsure if it has already been posted

Which tune, can't get to link.
Sulphurik Noticed this, getting a digital release. Know of most of the tracks on the album but few haven't heard.

http://evolutionrecords.net/releases/722172

Equazion Part 9 Original Mix, hadn't actually heard that before, sounds good! Have heard the Bouncy Mix which was good too.

Equazion Part 8 which was the first version of the track I heard from 1997, still my favourite version!!

Si Thompson
quote:
Noticed this, getting a digital release. Know of most of the tracks on the album but few haven't heard.

Equazion Part 9 Original Mix, hadn't actually heard that before, sounds good! Have heard the Bouncy Mix which was good too.

Equazion Part 8 which was the first version of the track I heard from 1997, still my favourite version!!

Original mix is bang average. It's all about the bouncy mix.
fender2k1
quote:
Noticed this, getting a digital release. Know of most of the tracks on the album but few haven't heard.

bummer that U and Me is missing. damn licensing.

Si Thompson This was a good vocal track from 2009.

Sulphurik
quote:
This was a good vocal track from 2009.

Yes that is good, nice to hear again.

This is one of my favourite of Scott's vocal tracks.
Si Thompson Gotta love that intro with the pads and swirling arp.

LeVzi
quote:
Gotta love that intro with the pads and swirling arp.

That's probably my all time favourite Bruuuun track. Actually no, this is

Hard to choose between them tbh. But Spaced Out just edges it for me, when I first heard this in a Brisk set, (I'll try find it) at pace, and dropped in behind DHSS - Bloo or purple or whatever it was, are am I remix thingy, was just unreal. Mega rush time. It happens about 36 minutes in.

Alex Threat
quote:
quote:

Sorry mate, it is this: https://www.discogs.com/Scott-Brown-I-Became-Hardcore-Life-Or-Death/release/223103

i became hardcore
Sulphurik
quote:
Gotta love that intro with the pads and swirling arp.

Yeah one of my favourite Evolution tracks.

Thought of this track earlier
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1GexcaTwaio&time_continue=210&feature=emb_title
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry mate, it is this: https://www.discogs.com/Scott-Brown-I-Became-Hardcore-Life-Or-Death/release/223103

i became hardcore

Yeah was a big track.

Remember this one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7Qon-nRn0
Alex Threat
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i became hardcore

Yeah was a big track.

Remember this one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7Qon-nRn0

Yes mate, another absolute belter!
Si Thompson This track has a wicked vibe. Both sides of this release are excellent.

I always used to play 'Vitality' more, but this is equally as good IMO.

Sulphurik
quote:
This track has a wicked vibe. Both sides of this release are excellent.

I always used to play 'Vitality' more, but this is equally as good IMO.

Yes nice track. One of my favourite Interstate tracks is this one, Basic Nature.
Si Thompson
quote:
Yes nice track. One of my favourite Interstate tracks is this one, Basic Nature.

Another one I have remixed.

Sulphurik
quote:
quote:

Another one I have remixed.

Nice remix

Si Thompson Another of my favourites. Love this!

Sulphurik
quote:
Another of my favourites. Love this!

Yeah love this too, was the first of the Equazion versions I heard.
Si Thompson This whole EP is amazing!

These two being the standout tracks.

Sulphurik Yes tunes on above EP are great.
Si Thompson This is another gooden.

Si Thompson This is much better than the remixes.

Alex Threat
quote:
This whole EP is amazing!

These two being the standout tracks.

dreamland is an absolute beast of a tune
Si Thompson Actually preferred this to the flip 'Turn Up The Music'.

Sulphurik Scott's harder tracks, there have been a mixed bag of tracks.

Tracks I do like include, Blow ya to pieces, Live Forever, Dawn of time, Bass be louder, King of the beats, Ghosts, Atone, Self Destruction (Scott Brown Mix), Rock Tha House, Turn the bass up, hold the beat back, Boomstick, This One's For All of Us, You Have To Let It All Go. Was You Have To Let It All Go released?

Did listen to some of Bonkers 15 track but didn't like them as much now as before including We Don't Stop & I'll get you. Still liking Fasten your seatbelt & this is how we do it hardcore mix.

fender2k1
quote:
Scott's harder tracks, there have been a mixed bag of tracks.

Tracks I do like include, Blow ya to pieces, Live Forever, Dawn of time, Bass be louder, King of the beats, Ghosts, Atone, Self Destruction (Scott Brown Mix), Rock Tha House, Turn the bass up, hold the beat back, Boomstick, This One's For All of Us, You Have To Let It All Go. Was You Have To Let It All Go released?

Did listen to some of Bonkers 15 track but didn't like them as much now as before including We Don't Stop & I'll get you. Still liking Fasten your seatbelt & this is how we do it hardcore mix.

Let it Go came out a while back. https://www.beatport.com/track/let-it-all-go-original-mix/4172981
Sulphurik Remember this one, nice Dutch Hardcore track from Scott.

The other track on the original release, nice track also.

Si Thompson
quote:
Remember this one, nice Dutch Hardcore track from Scott.

These two were Scott's first releases in over a year on EVO back in 2013. If I remember rightly he didn't release anything in 2012.
Sulphurik Have heard this before but had completely forgotten about it, great to hear this again!

Si Thompson
quote:
Have heard this before but had completely forgotten about it, great to hear this again!

Not keen on the hard style lead sound. Rest is decent.
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Have heard this before but had completely forgotten about it, great to hear this again!

Not keen on the hard style lead sound. Rest is decent.

Didn't think of the lead as a hardstyle one.
Sulphurik Forgot about this track from Scott & Al

Sulphurik Which mix does anyone think is the best version of Now Is The Time?

Original mix
Scott Brown 1996 mix
Scott Brown 2001 mix
LeVzi
quote:
Which mix does anyone think is the best version of Now Is The Time?

Original mix
Scott Brown 1996 mix
Scott Brown 2001 mix

The original
Craig Cairney
quote:

Original mix
Scott Brown 1996 mix
Scott Brown 2001 mix

I like Scott Brown's 1996 remix! But in general, the Hixxy and Trixxy version was always my favourite. Also liked the Brisk and Seduction remixes as well.
Si Thompson
quote:

Original mix
Scott Brown 1996 mix
Scott Brown 2001 mix

I wasn't really a big fan of the original 1995 mix. However, I liked his 1996 remix and the 2001 version.

The Brisk remix is pretty decent too. "Keep it going, Keep it going, Keep it kip kip going"
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:

Original mix
Scott Brown 1996 mix
Scott Brown 2001 mix

I wasn't really a big fan of the original 1995 mix. However, I liked his 1996 remix and the 2001 version.

The Brisk remix is pretty decent too. "Keep it going, Keep it going, Keep it kip kip going"

I'm most familar with the original, 2001 mix and Hixxy & Trixxy remix.

Think it's hard to beat the original.

I like the sound of the 2001 update.

Haven't heard Scott Brown's 96 remix until very recently, I do like what he did do that remix! Nice variation in the melodies!

I like all the remixes in this release.

Fav remix by another artist of the track - Hixxy & Trixxy one.
Si Thompson I liked this one.

Nu Foundation - Hardcore Generation is very similar in terms of riffs.

LeVzi I could not stand the hixxy and trixxy remix, too cheesy.

Brisks was alright, better energy

Seductions was a stomper, I liked that tbh, more musical imo.

Any of the modern remixes are ****ing awful. It's one track that doesn't translate into UK Hardcore.

tbh the kick in the original, and when the track is pitched up, fk that's a rush hard to beat.

Si Thompson
quote:
I could not stand the hixxy and trixxy remix, too cheesy.

Any of the modern remixes are ****ing awful. It's one track that doesn't translate into UK Hardcore.

tbh the kick in the original, and when the track is pitched up, fk that's a rush hard to beat.

I actually really liked the 2001 remix. That riff in the middle. I preferred 'Rock the party' to 'Now Is the time'.
Si Thompson I always used to play the 'Plus System' mix, but I really like this version.

Dem Retak
quote:
Remember this one, nice Dutch Hardcore track from Scott.

Oh yeah, the exterminator is a ****ing banger, despite the fact that I tend to not like gabberish tracks much. Love the sound of this.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
I could not stand the hixxy and trixxy remix, too cheesy.

I actually really liked the 2001 remix. That riff in the middle. I preferred 'Rock the party' to 'Now Is the time'.

I actually forgot about that. 2001 is hanging onto the 90's vibe best it can, before the UK hardcore crossover, and it works. Original is still my fav, but this is probably the best remix. Although the breaks remix wasn't bad either now I think about it

Si Thompson This track is proper underrated.

Really liked the dark/emotional vibe with some of the tracks from EVO 39-48.

kazukism92 Since everyone is getting crazy making mixes due to Scott Brown is doing a contest. I decided to drop several tunes that I loved since... a long time. Mostly featured on Dancemania SPEED compilations, several rhythm games like beatmaniaIIDX and Cytus and some obscure and (re)fresh anthems that I adore.

https://www.mixcloud.com/pointsquash92/dj-mix-evolution-past-present-future-beyond/
LeVzi Yeah I saw the contest he's running. Pretty cool imo.
Si Thompson This was excellent. I remember it being one of the first tracks that came out around the time Scott returned to making/releasing Hardcore after the 2012 hiatus. So 2013.

My sort of Gabba.

Gazza1712 So as it?s a Scott Brown evolution records thread I thought I would give my views,
The guy was untouchable between 97-2004 ish, every track was pretty much bang on and he was the best hardcore producer for a good couple of years.
BUT ..... what has happened to him, his sound doesn?t seem to have progressed and his tracks all sound dated, this is just my personal opinion and I?m sure some of you will agree and some will not.
But what are his biggest tracks over the last few years?
I?ve not really kept track of his label as I?m just not feeling his stuff like I was back in the day.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
So as it?s a Scott Brown evolution records thread I thought I would give my views,
The guy was untouchable between 97-2004 ish, every track was pretty much bang on and he was the best hardcore producer for a good couple of years.
BUT ..... what has happened to him, his sound doesn?t seem to have progressed and his tracks all sound dated, this is just my personal opinion and I?m sure some of you will agree and some will not.
I?ve not really kept track of his label as I?m just not feeling his stuff like I was back in the day.

I hear ya, Gaz. I have supported Scott's work for 21 years. I'm not feeling most of the new stuff anymore either, a lot of it is not even by Scott, but by other artists. I much preferred the old bouncy sound with trance influenced UK Hardcore leads and a big kick.

Between 1999-2006 Scott was well ahead of his time. I think he may have hit a brick wall creatively. I would be happy for him to go back to bouncy stuff with stabs and even bring some breakbeats back.
Si Thompson I would say these are my favourite Scott Brown tracks from the last 6 years or so.

Sulphurik Energized would be one recent track from Scott Brown really liked, others are Give me fire, This is forever, Into the blue and Plus System - Ride My Camel.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
So as it?s a Scott Brown evolution records thread I thought I would give my views,

I first got into hardcore around 2002 when bonkers 9 came out. Scott Brown was the best and most consistent producer at this time but I agree with you - his sound going into 2005 became very bland and from there on I stopped paying attention to what he was doing - especially seeing as there was so much good music from kids of other producers around that time. There was the odd exception (I seem to remember his bonkers 16 mix with Gammer being pretty decent). Did Scott take quite a lengthy break from producing around 2008?

His comeback in 2013 was pretty strong and he made some great tunes which stuck out more seeing as the rest of the scene was going to shit.

He will always be a legend though, immense back catalogue of classics. My favourites looking back are probably rock you softly and bring me round to love remix, but there are so many to mention and loads of which have been mentioned on this thread.
LeVzi Scott was ahead of the game from the beginning. His tracks got cained everywhere. He set trends in the bouncy techno scene that still are huge now. Evolution records is probably my favourite label.

Some of his tracks in the mid 90's were perfection, they had a very hardcore element to them but were incredibly melodic and uplifting.

Q Tex at big bang were AWESOME tbh

Although he's better off the mic !!! And that set just gives me sweet memories of how fking sexy Gillian Tennant is.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

I first got into hardcore around 2002 when bonkers 9 came out. Scott Brown was the best and most consistent producer at this time but I agree with you - his sound going into 2005 became very bland and from there on I stopped paying attention to what he was doing - especially seeing as there was so much good music from kids of other producers around that time. There was the odd exception (I seem to remember his bonkers 16 mix with Gammer being pretty decent). Did Scott take quite a lengthy break from producing around 2008?

His comeback in 2013 was pretty strong and he made some great tunes which stuck out more seeing as the rest of the scene was going to shit.

He will always be a legend though, immense back catalogue of classics. My favourites looking back are probably rock you softly and bring me round to love remix, but there are so many to mention and loads of which have been mentioned on this thread.

He didn't release anything until 2013 after the Evolution 100 series which was late 2011. Just went quiet all through 2012.
Si Thompson
quote:
Scott was ahead of the game from the beginning. His tracks got cained everywhere. He set trends in the bouncy techno scene that still are huge now. Evolution records is probably my favourite label.

Some of his tracks in the mid 90's were perfection, they had a very hardcore element to them but were incredibly melodic and uplifting.

Q Tex at big bang were AWESOME tbh

Although he's better off the mic !!! And that set just gives me sweet memories of how fking sexy Gillian Tennant is.

Aye. Gillian was ****in' tidy!

That 'Big Bang' event looked decent. I used to cain that set. Seduction from the same night with MC MC was good also.
Gazza1712 One thing I also think didn?t help Scott is when it all got political and I?m sure he wouldn?t let his live sets go on the cd packs and this went on for a good few years, DJ sy would always play the latest Scott brown tracks in his sets as would 90 per cent of other hardcore DJs, I have also spoken to sy as even though he doesn?t play any new hardcore he does still get sent new stuff from certain people and Scott brown was one of them and even sy said he isn?t feeling any of his recent material,
But the stuff he made when is was in his prime 98- 2004 ish was way ahead of its time and I would sooner listen to a back catalogue evolution records Scott brown set than a upfront hardcore set these days,
If only he could get the scene rocking again with decent new music as it all seems to be classic sets these days and people who I don?t really rate making upfront hardcore.
Let?s get Scott to get the scene thriving again and make some decent tracks like modern day pilgrim, lost generation type hardcore
Si Thompson
quote:
One thing I also think didn?t help Scott is when it all got political and I?m sure he wouldn?t let his live sets go on the cd packs and this went on for a good few years, DJ sy would always play the latest Scott brown tracks in his sets as would 90 per cent of other hardcore DJs, I have also spoken to sy as even though he doesn?t play any new hardcore he does still get sent new stuff from certain people and Scott brown was one of them and even sy said he isn?t feeling any of his recent material,
But the stuff he made when is was in his prime 98- 2004 ish was way ahead of its time and I would sooner listen to a back catalogue evolution records Scott brown set than a upfront hardcore set these days,
If only he could get the scene rocking again with decent new music as it all seems to be classic sets these days and people who I don?t really rate making upfront hardcore.
Let?s get Scott to get the scene thriving again and make some decent tracks like modern day pilgrim, lost generation type hardcore

Those days are gone, sadly.
LeVzi Ironically I put a bunch of stuff from Evolution on my phone to listen to in my car yesterday, and everything is pre 97 and tbh what a feel good feeling I got.

The music was awesome, so much energy, so much "music" in it.

I'll put more on soon, and more from that era.

Bouncy Techno all the way.
Si Thompson Love this!

Si Thompson Love this. One of Scott's first tracks back in 2013.

Si Thompson First heard this @ Uproar in April 2007. Must have been one of the first times Scott Brown dropped it.

Vladel Seems Scott brown productions have ground to a complete halt for a couple of years now. It kinda reminds me of when he went quiet during the dubcore debacle (which we have never recovered from) whereas the current debacle is 160 BPM. Sadly this time however, HU has decided to be part of the problem.

You know you're in trouble when average technikore tracks are the highlights.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Seems Scott brown productions have ground to a complete halt for a couple of years now. It kinda reminds me of when he went quiet during the dubcore debacle (which we have never recovered from) whereas the current debacle is 160 BPM. Sadly this time however, HU has decided to be part of the problem.

Seems that way.

I'm not really fussed tbh. I'm into loads of sub genres anyway. Currently working on Breakbeat, Jungle, Classic Happy Hardcore etc in the studio. Loads to keep me going. I'm loving it.
Samination i think he was quite busy re-recording his DATs for most of the dubcore era
Si Thompson One of my favourite Scott Brown releases of 2007.

Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Seems Scott brown productions have ground to a complete halt for a couple of years now. It kinda reminds me of when he went quiet during the dubcore debacle (which we have never recovered from) whereas the current debacle is 160 BPM. Sadly this time however, HU has decided to be part of the problem.

Yes his productions have came to a halt on Evolution for a couple of years now. There's the collab with Technikore & JTS - Low End Theory last year. I'm sure he'll be back with some new tracks on Evolution soon!
Si Thompson Love this vibes with this one.

Si Thompson Wasn't released on Evolution, but this went under the radar.

Samination huh, is that 2002-2003 scott brown I'm hearing in that song?
Anon. Im not sure if you mean if that sing is from 2002 - 03, if it is then no its from a couple of years ago.

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Im not sure if you mean if that sing is from 2002 - 03, if it is then no its from a couple of years ago.

It was made 7 years ago.
Samination
quote:
Im not sure if you mean if that sing is from 2002 - 03, if it is then no its from a couple of years ago.

I meant it takes influences from his 2002-2003 stuff
Si Thompson I remember playing this on white label promo at an outdoor party in 2006.

Si Thompson Some good tracks came out on this sub-label of Evolution Records.

AWal
quote:
Wasn't released on Evolution, but this went under the radar.
YT:Weaver & Simon Apex - Rockin All The Clubs (Scott Brown Remix)

Didn't pass on that one, or that entire label for that matter...

Seems Things are just a matter of patience with Evolution these days, but that doesn't go without saying that I'm still greatful for Scott getting as much of it online as possible.

As far as Gold goes, those are trickling in too as part of the "Evolution Legacy Collection..." I think I'm caught up on those, and there only appears to be a little more than a dozen of them at the moment.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by AWal:
quote:
Wasn't released on Evolution, but this went under the radar.
YT:Weaver & Simon Apex - Rockin All The Clubs (Scott Brown Remix)

Didn't pass on that one, or that entire label for that matter...

Seems Things are just a matter of patience with Evolution these days, but that doesn't go without saying that I'm still greatful for Scott getting as much of it online as possible.

As far as Gold goes, those are trickling in too as part of the "Evolution Legacy Collection..." I think I'm caught up on those, and there only appears to be a little more than a dozen of them at the moment.

I have pretty much all of the Evolution Gold releases on vinyl, so I would welcome those on digital also.
Anon. I messaged scott brown on his fan page a few days ago and he hasnt replied, so I will ask here.

There's 2 mixes of the track "taking drugs", I cant find the one that isnt released anywhere, I know its on an album , just cant remember which one.

Any ideas ?
Anon.
quote:
I messaged scott brown on his fan page a few days ago and he hasnt replied, so I will ask here.

There's 2 mixes of the track "taking drugs", I cant find the one that isnt released anywhere, I know its on an album , just cant remember which one.

Any ideas ?

*Edit*

I found it at last, it;s on the hardwired vol 1 mix. I prefer that version of taking drugs to the other mix.

Si Thompson
quote:
I messaged scott brown on his fan page a few days ago and he hasnt replied, so I will ask here.

Any ideas ?

Is it this one?
https://www.discogs.com/Scott-Brown-Hardwired-II/release/569320
Anon. Its on thee first hardwired album, I found it yesterday.

It just hasnt been released. I knew it existed. Superior to the other mix.

Its on this mix at the 50 minute mark. I doubt it will ever be released.

Si Thompson This was underplayed. Quality tune.

I can only recall Seduction playing it @ Helter Skelter 'Nightlife' in May 1999.

Anon. This is a tune

rafferty The reason Scott Brown has not been producing much is is he is not signed to any Hardcore albums at the moment.
Every time he was asked to do a say a Bonkers or Hardcore Heaven etc... That is when he would start producing.

If he was asked to do say the next Hardcore Heaven. 100% he would be back in the studio.

The mix albums promote his tracks and always increase track sales by a huge margin.
Si Thompson
quote:
The reason Scott Brown has not been producing much is is he is not signed to any Hardcore albums at the moment.
Every time he was asked to do a say a Bonkers or Hardcore Heaven etc... That is when he would start producing.

If he was asked to do say the next Hardcore Heaven. 100% he would be back in the studio.

The mix albums promote his tracks and always increase track sales by a huge margin.

The last Bonkers was released in 2009. When was the last Hardcore Heaven released?

I don't agree with your theory, apart from tracks on compilations generating more sales for singles.

However, There's hardly any money in Hardcore digital sales, as nearly all of the releases get leaked.
Samination I agree with Si. Scott Brown has released a bunch of tracks digitally during the time he wasn't present on any albums. And like I wrote earlier, he had been busy getting his old stuff digitally re-recorded from DATs.

Si: He's been on more albums since then. He did the 2rd Hardcore Heaven album from the latest iteration (the Slammin vinyl vs Hardcore Underground series), which was in 2017-28. He also made a mix on a recent album with Scar, but that album contains nothing new by himself, but a bunch of new remixes from his label.
Anon. This was posted yesterday on his facebook page:

quote:

Covid 19

How has it been for you? I hope your families have been safe and well throughout the pandemic.

Things have been good on my side. No covid cases, everyone healthy and observing social distancing like everyone should. It's not ideal, but it could save you life. Just put the mask on your face and don't complain.

From a production point of view, I've ground to a halt. Partly because there's no events to play at and partly because I'm upgrading the studio (which is never fun but will be ready very soon).

I'm really looking forward to getting back in action in the near future, so stay tuned!

On a personal note, my little cat Errol has been diagnosed with aggressive liver tumours. He's 14 now and been my wee happy man throughout the years. It's heartbreaking. He's a Chocolate point Persian and many people have met him over time. I know dark times are coming for him but I'm getting the studio ready, thinking towards post-lockdown while he still gets in my way behind cables and plugs.... Cats!

Lockdown has affected everyone in many ways, my heart goes out to everyone affected. Better times are coming and I know we'll be raving again before you know it!

Stay safe and wash those hands! 😊
Si Thompson I remember playing this as my first track at a summer event in 2003.

Nice little piano track.

Si Thompson Scott was killing it around late 2004.

Si Thompson That intro. Lovely!

Si Thompson
Si Thompson Immense. Much better than 'Check Da Bass'.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Sulphurik Hadn't realised about the hidden audio after end of Boomstick on Hardwired III CD2! Was thinking was going to be a hidden track but if anyone has listened to the end after a silent part after Boomstick ends, you'll know what it is!
Si Thompson
quote:
Hadn't realised about the hidden audio after end of Boomstick on Hardwired III CD2! Was thinking was going to be a hidden track but if anyone has listened to the end after a silent part after Boomstick ends, you'll know what it is!

What is it?
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Hadn't realised about the hidden audio after end of Boomstick on Hardwired III CD2! Was thinking was going to be a hidden track but if anyone has listened to the end after a silent part after Boomstick ends, you'll know what it is!

What is it?

It's various phone messages and voicemail calls for Scott. One from Lenny Dee saying he's in Scotland and wanting to see Scott. Other messages from some Scottish DJs and friends. Some messages a bit hard to make out with some quite amusing.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is it?

It's various phone messages and voicemail calls for Scott. One from Lenny Dee saying he's in Scotland and wanting to see Scott. Other messages from some Scottish DJs and friends. Some messages a bit hard to make out with some quite amusing.

lmfao yeah I remember hearing that, I must have left it running by mistake and I was like wtf am I listening to.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is it?

I'll have to check that out.
Si Thompson Bit of a gap before they start.

Anyway, @ 06:49 it starts.

Sulphurik New Neckbreaker remix from Double D, sounding good from the clip!

https://www.beatport.com/release/neck-breaker-double-d-remix/3505929
Sulphurik Remembered about this one recently

Si Thompson
quote:
Remembered about this one recently

Takes me right back to 2003. I miss the early 2000s.

I actually prefer the remix to the original.

Sulphurik Nicely produced track especially for such an early hardcore release.

LeVzi Whats all the business about Scott and Now is the Time ?

I caught the tail end of something on facebook and couldn't make sense of it.

He's cutting the track off or something ? Or did I read it wrong.
Samination He stopped selling it [digitally]. Some of us thought it's about copyright, but Scott has supposedly refuted that.

Gotta love how everyone makes a big deal about not being able to mix it anymore. That was never the issue
Anon. Did he actually give a reason ?

Samination https://www.facebook.com/djscottbrown/posts/pfbid0typZ1fZBNbAWddtdtE8n9iL7L4Ka9f4nZwYfdFdSPC69MtCXkFGFqmsQYwBFTv9al
quote:
IMPORTANT!!!!
'Now is the time' is about to be deleted from ALL platforms at my discretion. As soon as my distributor unlocks the tracks, they will be gone FOREVER.
I know many of you love this track, but in reality, it has haunted me for years. Get your last listen while you can from your favourite platform while you can.
Sorry guys, it is what it is.
Scott
Si Thompson The main riff from 'Now Is The Time' was taken from this 1994 track.

Decky_G I wonder why it haunted him over the years.

Was there anymore info on the reasoning?

Still an absolute tune after all these years.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Decky_G:
I wonder why it haunted him over the years.

Possibly the main riff being lifted from 'Bits And Pieces'.
Decky_G
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Decky_G:
I wonder why it haunted him over the years.

Possibly the main riff being lifted from 'Bits And Pieces'.

Yeah was thinking it was something to do with that tbf.

I just thought it strange that he pulled it after all these years.

Now Is The Time for that tune to go reckons Scott! 😁
warped_candykid Is there still a reason Chase can't be digitally released?
Samination Now that one I'm sure was definitely a licensing issue
Decky_G
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Is there still a reason Chase can't be digitally released?

I'd forgotten about that tune! Been a while since I've heard it! 😁
Sulphurik Thought of The Scotchman - Happy Vibes tune earlier, is a great classic track. Came across this SB remix - don't think I heard this one before - it's not that different to original though.

Sulphurik Thought of this one also - no one else has remixed this - it's a track I'm surprised we've not seen a remix of...yet

Si Thompson
quote:
Thought of The Scotchman - Happy Vibes tune earlier, is a great classic track. Came across this SB remix - don't think I heard this one before - it's not that different to original though.

This came out on Evolved back in 2007 with a Devastate & Majestik remix. Just a few subtle changes to the original. Also, this version has bass in it, if I remember rightly.
Sulphurik
Sulphurik Best version of this track - what a track this is. Not sure exactly which version this is.

Thumpa
quote:

The vocal is lifted from another track
Si Thompson
quote:

Yes. The vocals are taken from this.

Samination I literally wrote "licensing issue" below Warped's reply...
rafferty I wonder if Scott Brown will ever re-start Evolution Records? I'm really hoping it is possible when I see Vinylgroover has started up World Of Obsession again. (something I thought would never happen)

Scott just seems to be doing the rare Collab with label owners now days. Like he did a track with Tecknikore and JTS on OneSeventy a few years ago and the last track was Ain't Got Nothing with AL Storm & Roby IYF on Hardcore 24/7. Which I really liked.

Scott Browns last track.

Samination Compared to VG though, Scott Brown never stopped releasing anything from 94 to around last year (2021-2022). VG only came back to make a few releases around 2019
Sulphurik Anyone know if Scott has played at the Defqon festival before? He's not in the lineup for this years event. Darren Styles & Gammer are on it. I'm surprised that Scott isn't on the lineup and would be if he hasn't played the event in past.
Sulphurik Don't think I had realised there was a Kinetic Pleasure - Hallelujah 2000 remix. Heard from the Scott Brown Now is the time 1999 album. Always liked the original version but the remix was great also.
Si Thompson
quote:
Don't think I had realised there was a Kinetic Pleasure - Hallelujah 2000 remix. Heard from the Scott Brown Now is the time 1999 album. Always liked the original version but the remix was great also.

Aye. Good tune.

I take it that's it for Evolution Records then? Shame.
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Don't think I had realised there was a Kinetic Pleasure - Hallelujah 2000 remix. Heard from the Scott Brown Now is the time 1999 album. Always liked the original version but the remix was great also.

Aye. Good tune.

I take it that's it for Evolution Records then? Shame.

I hope it's not the end of the label.

It took 7.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page