Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Bonkers artwork

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Johnscardy Feeling nostalgic.... I had all the Bonkers from 1 to 13. But all got ruined in storage (literally pains me!)

I'd love to get hold of a poster of all the compilation covers to frame on the wall. But apart from a very small picture from Twitter showing all the album's, I can't find anything.

Has anyone ever come across a hi res image of all the covers?
Alex Threat I'd be interested in something like this!
silver I helped the license deal for bonkers in Japan... Still have all the print data (AI / PSD / PDF / etc) even had the original DAT's at one stage...

Full print artwork I got:

Bonkers 1
Bonkers 1 (Resist re-release)
Bonkers 1 (Resist slim double release)
Bonkers 2
Bonkers 2 Silver
Bonkers 3
Bonkers 4
Bonkers 5
Bonkers 5 Silver
Bonkers 6
Bonkers 7
Bonkers 12
Bonkers 13
Bonkers 14

Hardcore Heaven (first one)
HTID 1&2

I have zero permission to release it but if someone sorted out full legal clearance I would be happy to give to the licensed party as I think, at this point, I might be the only one with this data.... don't quote me on that.
DJ Bounce
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
I helped the license deal for bonkers in Japan... Still have all the print data (AI / PSD / PDF / etc) even had the original DAT's at one stage...

Full print artwork I got:

Bonkers 1
Bonkers 1 (Resist re-release)
Bonkers 1 (Resist slim double release)
Bonkers 2
Bonkers 2 Silver
Bonkers 3
Bonkers 4
Bonkers 5
Bonkers 5 Silver
Bonkers 6
Bonkers 7
Bonkers 12
Bonkers 13
Bonkers 14

Hardcore Heaven (first one)
HTID 1&2

I have zero permission to release it but if someone sorted out full legal clearance I would be happy to give to the licensed party as I think, at this point, I might be the only one with this data.... don't quote me on that.

I'll trade you for a back massage?
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Johnscardy:
Feeling nostalgic.... I had all the Bonkers from 1 to 13. But all got ruined in storage (literally pains me!)

I'd love to get hold of a poster of all the compilation covers to frame on the wall. But apart from a very small picture from Twitter showing all the album's, I can't find anything.

Has anyone ever come across a hi res image of all the covers?

Would be intrested in this myself! how small is the picture on twitter? can it not be blown up or anything
Alex Threat Just fire it up man, I don't get all the legal stuff anyways ha
silver I just can't release it as much as I would like to, I even second guessed replying to the email, but I wanted people to know that at least there is something out there should it be allowed and if legals could be sorted.

CDJay might be able to sort something out if he was interested?
Impulse_Response I've always been curious what exactly you do. It sounds like you're well inside the scene doing releases in Japan, licensing for rhythm games, etc.
Samination
quote:
I just can't release it as much as I would like to, I even second guessed replying to the email, but I wanted people to know that at least there is something out there should it be allowed and if legals could be sorted.

That depends on if Sharkey even speaks with him any more, which we highly doubt our we would have seen some kind of update regarding the Sharkey Completionist bundle
DJ Bounce
quote:
I just can't release it as much as I would like to, I even second guessed replying to the email, but I wanted people to know that at least there is something out there should it be allowed and if legals could be sorted.

How about 2 back massages then?
Archefluxx Yeah they're kinda protective over their artwork.
Alex Threat
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Yeah they're kinda protective over their artwork.

It's a shame because it is something i would definitely be interested in...
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
quote:

Archefluxx of anyone should now how protective they are.

The problem is. I believe the only legal action they(sharkey) could take was against Archefluxx was the either the name or the font likeness used.

There's no law that doesn't allow anyone to imitate someone else's art style. As long as the characters are unique and not carbon copies of the one present on Bonkers, Archefluxx's project should have been safe
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
quote:

Archefluxx of anyone should now how protective they are.

The problem is. I believe the only legal action they(sharkey) could take was against Archefluxx was the either the name or the font likeness used.

There's no law that doesn't allow anyone to imitate someone else's art style. As long as the characters are unique and not carbon copies of the one present on Bonkers, Archefluxx's project should have been safe

I think I could have argued fair use as a parody, especially since it wouldn't have made money.

Nevertheless, everyone distanced themselves from it as it became too hot and it wasn't viable there on in, and I was an ambitious teenager getting brought down a peg or two.

On reflection, I think the aggressive take down by Sharkey was ultimately telling of his attitude to the Bonkers property as a whole. He seems resentful to the community, his fans or anyone who wants to drive it forward, probably because it's a reminder of the potential in it all that went unfulfilled.

We've seen that reclusive attitude to his music over the years. What we've seen and been told suggests quite strongly he's very apprehensive of failing [to fulfil potential] again.

Shame. If you have people loving your music, is it failure?
martinj1985 Are we talking about zonkers? Or was that something different 😂
HARRIBO Who owns the Bonkers name nowadays? Didnt aatw acquire it?
silver
quote:
Originally posted by HARRIBO:
Who owns the Bonkers name nowadays? Didnt aatw acquire it?

Nope, Resist (or whoever bought the rights - google it) own it. AATW just licensed the name for their release.
Rodz90 This thread is just silly, and a great way of showing what's precisely wrong with this scene.

Bonkers, Resist, HTID - "Wooooooooh there matey, you want our precious album artwork to enjoy on your wall? Nah mate, that's basically gold don't you know? We'll never release that, and anybody who's lucky enough to cosey up with us back in the day who has it, better not leak it either! otherwise law suits!"

Monstercat - Artwork is out thing, and we want to share it with the world! Have Hi res stuff of anything you want and enjoy the artwork created by our prosperous community. Please do hang it on your wall!
silver
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
This thread is just silly, and a great way of showing what's precisely wrong with this scene.

Bonkers, Resist, HTID - "Wooooooooh there matey, you want our precious album artwork to enjoy on your wall? Nah mate, that's basically gold don't you know? We'll never release that, and anybody who's lucky enough to cosey up with us back in the day who has it, better not leak it either! otherwise law suits!"

Monstercat - Artwork is out thing, and we want to share it with the world! Have Hi res stuff of anything you want and enjoy the artwork created by our prosperous community. Please do hang it on your wall!

Contact whoever owns it, I don't believe anyone has done that, perhaps they might be as "progressive" as Monstercat
Tania Tee Is the artwork from all the compilations on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/label/283815-Bonkers-2 not good enough? Whilst not ideal I gather it would be bigger and better than twitter image you have?

Samination if the flash video's are vector based, you could technically make 8K images out of them.
Shades
quote:
Originally posted by Tania Tee:
Is the artwork from all the compilations on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/label/283815-Bonkers-2 not good enough? Whilst not ideal I gather it would be bigger and better than twitter image you have?

the discogs artwork is more than good enough, failing that buy them and frame them, think i might frame mine, not like i listen to the cd's anymore, converted all to mp3 an age ago... :D

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:
quote:
Originally posted by Tania Tee:
Is the artwork from all the compilations on Discogs https://www.discogs.com/label/283815-Bonkers-2 not good enough? Whilst not ideal I gather it would be bigger and better than twitter image you have?

the discogs artwork is more than good enough, failing that buy them and frame them, think i might frame mine, not like i listen to the cd's anymore, converted all to mp3 an age ago... :D

128kbps mp3's I'm sure ;)
DJIntensity
quote:
quote:

Nope, Resist (or whoever bought the rights - google it) own it. AATW just licensed the name for their release.

Didn?t Resist go bust if I remember correctly.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
quote:
quote:

Twice, but someone (not AATW) has taken over most of React's catalogue (so not much of Resist's catalogue as I think someone else took over those)
Mental_Adam
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
quote:
quote:

Twice, but someone (not AATW) has taken over most of React's catalogue (so not much of Resist's catalogue as I think someone else took over those)

Sold Out! to be forgotten about. No nostalgia page or anything like that.

would be nice to have a dedicated page like how the now compilations are.
Craigavon raver Just getting an idea here, just got my own gaff recently and would love to get some picture made and framed of bonkers for my house, just thinking should I go for all the cd covers or the logo with all the dj's faces in it? hmm decisions

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page