Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 A kickstarter worth backing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vladel Kevin Energy has a kickstarter up and running for a nu energy album and it's reasonably priced. I've always liked Kevs productions and i've already backed it. I recommend checking it out if you like that sort of thing.
MusicILove Link?
DJ Bounce No.
fender2k1 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kevinenergy/nu-energy-kevin-energy-and-jasmine-knight-freeform-album
trippnface I wonder how much of these will have that new psytrance style freeform.

If it was alot, i'd def back this
Samination A vocal-oriented freeform album?

I have to agree, this is a no to me as well.

I've gotten tired of these kickstarters in general. I didn't even backup a game that became fairly successful (Bloodstained) in fear that it would end up becoming like Mighty Number 9 ultimate did.

And we can't forget the hot mess Blu the Roof was, even if the core product has been delivered
Vladel The big difference is that it's ?12 for the album instead of ?100. I went in at ?20 to get the CD
Cyrax ?12 is very reasonable when you compare it to the other kickstarters out there.

I?m going to post loads of old nu energy in the group for backers and hope he makes lots of that stuff.
Samination True, 12 pounds is definitely much better than a 100.

Success must have struct a cord in Joey Riots head. Now he probably thinks no one wants powerstomp, which I do people want (I personally want the more melodic powerstomp or makinastomp stuff)
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
True, 12 pounds is definitely much better than a 100.

Success must have struct a cord in Joey Riots head. Now he probably thinks no one wants powerstomp, which I do people want (I personally want the more melodic powerstomp or makinastomp stuff)

We want the same things but the price is crazy. I did mention that a few times on his Facebook in the hope that he realises. We must however face facts that as soon as Hams album was announced, lethal theory pretty much stopped and they went to yearly access payments.

I don't expect anyone to work for free but with stuff like that, you can hardly say they are motivated by love for the scene.
Samination There is no difference between an artist or other business that work based on demand.

I don't know if Hardcore is like that though. There is the DEMAND, but it seems more like the SUPPLY doesn't know how to meet it.
GrahamC Demand has to be sufficient though.

I'm not going to pretend to know what the demand actually is but you have to assume that if the demand is not enough that's why people stop or charge such a large amount to make it worthwhile.

These guys have bills to pay, food to buy, roof over head to keep. So yeah, hundred quid on an album is a no for me but if that is the only way they can survive financially to make the music then I see where they are coming from.

I backed this new album as the small samples sound good to me but the only reason he is doing it is that he can't operate his studio normally otherwise I'm not sure he would bother...
Si Thompson Jesus Christ. How many more kickstarters?

I do like Freeform, but mid to late 2000s stuff. I won't be backing this.
Cyrax I think if the Joey Kickstarter pricing was similar to the Kevin Energy structure it would have easily hit target by now.
9oh9 Yeah, I've backed this, look forward to hearing the results! ?12 for 10/20 new tracks from an artist you like is totally reasonable IMO. Can't say I love the kickstarter model, the higher priced ones particularly, but sadly it seems to be one of the only viable ways of funding things these days for full time music producers in a tiny scene.
Samination Well, at least compared to the DJ Ham or Vibes & Hatrixx model, Kevin Energy will paying taxes like a regular guy instead of trying to hide it
Si Thompson
quote:
Well, at least compared to the DJ Ham or Vibes & Hatrixx model, Kevin Energy will paying taxes like a regular guy instead of trying to hide it

Why not shut up for once? You don't know what you're talking about at the best of times, so unless you know this to be absolute true, then don't cast aspersions.
Impulse_Response I'm backing it. At the very least it's worth it for the all the back catalog I don't have but I'm also excited about new material.
Craig Cairney Hmm, may back it. Over the years I kinda lost touch with the Freeform side of things. But I was always a fan of Kev's productions, especially in the late 90's and early 00's. He wrote some fantastic bits and bobs.

Future Dimensions II, Warped Reality, In Deep Trouble, Waves of Desire, Take Me Up, Vertigo, Ravers Revenge etc etc.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Hmm, may back it. Over the years I kinda lost touch with the Freeform side of things. But I was always a fan of Kev's productions, especially in the late 90's and early 00's. He wrote some fantastic bits and bobs.

Future Dimensions II, Warped Reality, In Deep Trouble, Waves of Desire, Take Me Up, Vertigo, Ravers Revenge etc etc.

Yes. 1999-2007 was my favourite era. That last ever set at the Sanctuary in July 2004 with Odyssey.

It doesn't get much better than this.

trippnface
quote:

makina was doing great before riot had to **** everything off
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

Riot hasn't ruined anything. Heck, not even M-Project has ruined Makina. there's more to makina than what these 2 has made
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:
Well, at least compared to the DJ Ham or Vibes & Hatrixx model, Kevin Energy will paying taxes like a regular guy instead of trying to hide it

Why not shut up for once? You don't know what you're talking about at the best of times, so unless you know this to be absolute true, then don't cast aspersions.

I'll shut up when you stop randomly post in various threads to increase your own post count.

And I'm also surprised that you haven't said that I've ID tracks incorrectly lately? Is it because you know how false you where, you ****ing dickhead.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
quote:

Riot hasn't ruined anything. Heck, not even M-Project has ruined Makina. there's more to makina than what these 2 has made

When was the last time m project even produced a makina track?

him & depath don't do shit anymore.

Underground makina connections is basically defunct. the powerstomp "craze" happened, then the series took a serious backseat, and then just stopped.

I blame joey riot lol xp.

i know there are some uk labels, but i don't think any of it is as good as the Japanese stuff. shoot me any recent stuff tracks/cds/ whatever plz
Samination You do know that the spanish are still making makina right?
AWal Didn't know this was happening.

Backed for discs and remastered bundle, because I'm a stupid completionist like that.

Also 600 quid for him to go to some rando's nearby flat and DJ is an interesting prospect...
trippnface
quote:
You do know that the spanish are still making makina right?

i tend to forget about spanish makina tbh.

does ruboy still get down?
Samination
quote:
quote:
You do know that the spanish are still making makina right?

i tend to forget about spanish makina tbh.

does ruboy still get down?

I didnt think so, until I saw that he's made a few tracks every so often
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll shut up when you stop randomly post in various threads to increase your own post count.

And I'm also surprised that you haven't said that I've ID tracks incorrectly lately? Is it because you know how false you where, you ****ing dickhead.

You're spreading misinformation about Hattrixx. I speak to the guy on a daily basis. What you have said is not true, so have a day off being an absolute spastic for once. I couldn't care less what you ID or what you don't ID. Let's not forget that you couldn't differentiate between 1993 Breakbeat Hardcore and Jungle, so what you know isn't worth a wank anyway.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're spreading misinformation about Hattrixx. I speak to the guy on a daily basis. What you have said is not true, so have a day off being an absolute spastic for once. I couldn't care less what you ID or what you don't ID. Let's not forget that you couldn't differentiate between 1993 Breakbeat Hardcore and Jungle, so what you know isn't worth a wank anyway.

True. I don't know the difference properly.

And Hatrixx? He rather amuse himself with a person who clearly was having a meltdown (skarr) than taking fair criticism to their "kickstarter" campaign. And don't forget how many "nice guys" have turned up being complete jerks in the Hardcore (and related) scenes ALONE ;)

No. You've have had a ****ing hardon for me (no matter what I've posted) ever since I failed to ID 2 of your requests. 2 I might add that no one else seems to have ID'd either. And another no, I tried to refrain from posting in your topics, but I'm tired of not hounding you like you've hounded me. A Mod my ass!
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

True. I don't know the difference properly.

And Hatrixx? He rather amuse himself with a person who clearly was having a meltdown (skarr) than taking fair criticism to their "kickstarter" campaign. And don't forget how many "nice guys" have turned up being complete jerks in the Hardcore (and related) scenes ALONE ;)

No. You've have had a ****ing hardon for me (no matter what I've posted) ever since I failed to ID 2 of your requests. 2 I might add that no one else seems to have ID'd either. And another no, I tried to refrain from posting in your topics, but I'm tired of not hounding you like you've hounded me. A Mod my ass!

I wouldn't exactly call it fair criticism. The project was at sign up stage. It's also an era of music that you no little to nothing about. You're not even a fan of that style anyway, so it was all pointless. I don't hound you at all. I have replied in the past when I think you're talking absolute shite. However, I won't have you posting libelous stuff about a friend of mine.

Believe it or not Samination, I actually don't mind you. We'll leave it there. End of discussion.
Mad Max So happy about this.

Now if Brisk sorts out NG/BB it will ensure 2020 isn't that bad after all..
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
So happy about this.

Now if Brisk sorts out NG/BB it will ensure 2020 isn't that bad after all..

dude fr though
Craigavon raver Seen this the other day on facebook, or youtube, or both, can't remember lol actually listened to a clip of 1 of the tracks, and tbh I didn't really like it, but part of me is tempted, as i'd still like to own it for old times sake as such, while obviously hoping the music's good also!

Just like the ham and vibes & hattrixx one's, if these were just being released as cd albums i'd be all over them no matter what, just this kickstarter model i'm not sure about
GrahamC ^^ See, with the other 2 you mentioned, they were 100 and 150 respectively, this is only 12 for digital and 20 for the CD

So it's much much less of a risk if for any reason it wasn't delivered (which I am sure it will be) and the price is way more reasonable
Impulse_Response Go to his Youtube channel and watch the latest livestream. You get to hear a whole song and it kicks ass. He's even using old samples from "back in the day" (when I was only a kid).
Craigavon raver Is this not available to pledge anymore? actually went on my phone last night to actually get the ?40 option, the cd and t-shirt and I can't click on the option, then I seen something about the 2nd of may, i'll be ****ing kicking myself if I can't get this now, especially when I had the money and could of pledged a month ago when I first found out about it!
GrahamC Fear not! He said this will be going on general sale as well, not sure how long after the backers get theirs etc. but you should be able to buy it
MusicILove I can't wait for this. I dropped my This Is Powerstomp Volume 3 pledge for this. I made the right decision.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Fear not! He said this will be going on general sale as well, not sure how long after the backers get theirs etc. but you should be able to buy it

Seriously! Hope your right man, will be really disappointed with myself if I miss out on this, especially when I had the money there and all, and even for old time sake and collection purposes, I have all the last nu energy cd releases, seriously hope this does go on general sale
Mad Max Kev said should be pressing around 200 cds I think he said 130ish have gone to backers so will be some left.

The usb he has also said would be available to non backers at a later date.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I missed this, if you speak to Hatrixx often, tell him to do more tutorial videos on youtube, they are really decent and I've enjoyed them and his style of teaching.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I missed this, if you speak to Hatrixx often, tell him to do more tutorial videos on youtube, they are really decent and I've enjoyed them and his style of teaching.

Already have a few times. There will be more stuff to come from Owen. I've requested a Padshop tutorial. That plug in is amazing!
Coolgamer I'm super pissed that I missed out on this as well.

As long as I can get the ReMastered Collection and triple CD at some point, I'm fine, but I'm terrified I'll miss out on that window.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Kev said should be pressing around 200 cds I think he said 130ish have gone to backers so will be some left.

Seriously hope your right man! kicking myself I didn't pledge when I had the chance! you don't know when he will be releasing the cds for sale by any chance?
Mad Max
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
Kev said should be pressing around 200 cds I think he said 130ish have gone to backers so will be some left.

Seriously hope your right man! kicking myself I didn't pledge when I had the chance! you don't know when he will be releasing the cds for sale by any chance?

Nothing mentioned.

He is currently working on the mix.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Already have a few times. There will be more stuff to come from Owen. I've requested a Padshop tutorial. That plug in is amazing!

I've owned padshop since it's first days and I rarely use it. lol I'd like some tutorials on it too.
Si Thompson Padshop 2 is out now. It's a great plug in. So much you can do with it. I've made some nice pads in it.
Craigavon raver Well any news on these cds being released to non pledgers and when they'll be coming out?
GrahamC This was the latest update, pledgers don't have their CDs yet (well I don't anyway) so assuming the rest will go uip shortly after

quote:
Hey Pledgers,
I hope summer is continuing as good as can be. Just sending an update as due to COVID, getting the materials back to send out to you all is taking longer than expected. I'm due to get the T-Shirts this week as well as the car stickers (a gift for all physical orders) and the CD's next week so the wait will almost be over. On the NEC back catalog mastering, I'd say I'm 70% through. It's taken way longer than anticipated, but it's been a great experience, and it's also a one time job to benefit everybody.
I'm a little quiet in the FB group currently as I'm back to normal hours in my studio so I'm coming in at 7am daily and staying an hour at the end of a day to chip away at the mastering. By the time I get home and tuck the kiddos into bed, that's me done atm!
I'll be in touch very soon.
Peace n jam
Kevin

Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
This was the latest update, pledgers don't have their CDs yet (well I don't anyway) so assuming the rest will go uip shortly after

quote:
Hey Pledgers,
I hope summer is continuing as good as can be. Just sending an update as due to COVID, getting the materials back to send out to you all is taking longer than expected. I'm due to get the T-Shirts this week as well as the car stickers (a gift for all physical orders) and the CD's next week so the wait will almost be over. On the NEC back catalog mastering, I'd say I'm 70% through. It's taken way longer than anticipated, but it's been a great experience, and it's also a one time job to benefit everybody.
I'm a little quiet in the FB group currently as I'm back to normal hours in my studio so I'm coming in at 7am daily and staying an hour at the end of a day to chip away at the mastering. By the time I get home and tuck the kiddos into bed, that's me done atm!
I'll be in touch very soon.
Peace n jam
Kevin

Ok lad cheers! Do you know by any chance how or where you buy the cds when he releases them for general sale, and if t-shirts will be available?
jenks
quote:
I wonder how much of these will have that new psytrance style freeform.

What are the best examples of this?
Impulse_Response I don't know about general sales, but he's shipping the CDs out to backers the weekend of the 15th.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

https://soundcloud.com/kevinenergy/kevin-energy-jasmine-knight-5

https://www.beatport.com/track/more-symmetry-original-mix/13725617

https://soundcloud.com/dj-cyrax/ian-van-dahl-vs-transcend-cyrax-castles-in-the-psy-free-download
Sulphurik Hadn't heard about the album until seeing on Hardcore Underground store.

Watched a few of Kevin Energy's youtube video featuring a couple of the tracks on album including Electrify & Invincible - both sounding big.

What's anyones thoughts on the drum n bass style freeform?

Sulphurik It's great to see these tracks containing the vocals - I've felt in the past more vocals could have been used in freeform tracks. Good to see Kevin Energy making a return with this album and that the Nu Energy Collective labels have been remastered.

Don't think that is all the labels that were part of Nu Energy Collective on the hardcore underground store - there were more including xy2 & Bonkerz.
jenks
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

https://soundcloud.com/kevinenergy/kevin-energy-jasmine-knight-5

https://www.beatport.com/track/more-symmetry-original-mix/13725617

https://soundcloud.com/dj-cyrax/ian-van-dahl-vs-transcend-cyrax-castles-in-the-psy-free-download

Cheers.
lone_raver
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
It's great to see these tracks containing the vocals - I've felt in the past more vocals could have been used in freeform tracks. Good to see Kevin Energy making a return with this album and that the Nu Energy Collective labels have been remastered.

Don't think that is all the labels that were part of Nu Energy Collective on the hardcore underground store - there were more including xy2 & Bonkerz.

It?s a great album and glad I backed it and got the full usb for half the price it?s advertising for now. I?m sure the bonkerz label belonged to Sharkey and I?ve already got the xy2 label through hardcore underground in one of the completionist bundles ( jal maybe?).

Mad Max
quote:
Originally posted by lone_raver:
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
It's great to see these tracks containing the vocals - I've felt in the past more vocals could have been used in freeform tracks. Good to see Kevin Energy making a return with this album and that the Nu Energy Collective labels have been remastered.

It?s a great album and glad I backed it and got the full usb for half the price it?s advertising for now. I?m sure the bonkerz label belonged to Sharkey and I?ve already got the xy2 label through hardcore underground in one of the completionist bundles ( jal maybe?).

The Collective stuff were labels own by others such as Switched On, Future Dance, Camel etc etc

The USB stuff contains the labels Kev owned. Which is alone an insane collection.

As much as I would have loved the Future Dance back cat remastered.......
Craigavon raver Got the cd and the t-shirt! So glad I didn't miss out on this And someone mentioned about the dnb mix, never listened to it and I never will! hate what I've heard of dnb lol disc 1 only for me!

It took 2.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page