Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 1994-2000 Happy Hardcore Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson I'll get the ball rolling with some 1996 tracks.

LeVzi

Not sure of years , but awesome tracks.
Smoogie Happy Gabber!

Sulphurik Some great ones above. Euro Stomp one my fav ever hardcore tunes. D-Tox - Stand Up great tune which hadn't heard.

Here's another
Alex Threat This:

Si Thompson LeVzi. That 'Apocalypse Now' is on a wicked little '3 track' EP. I was a big fan of Davie Forbes work.

This is actually my favourite from that release.

Si Thompson Some of my favourite Davie Forbes tracks.

Alex Threat Some of my favourites

Si Thompson Some crackers there, Alex.
Alex Threat
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
Some crackers there, Alex.

Thanks mate. I've been asked to do a 2 hour old skool mix for a lads radio show. It will feature loads of old Evo's Dwarfs, Babybooms, Roughneck, tracks of the likes. Its to do with an old rave from the North East called the Colosseum. Played all the great anthems like this. I think the rave ran from 92 - 97, but I'm not 100% on that
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
quote:

Thanks mate. I've been asked to do a 2 hour old skool mix for a lads radio show. It will feature loads of old Evo's Dwarfs, Babybooms, Roughneck, tracks of the likes. Its to do with an old rave from the North East called the Colosseum. Played all the great anthems like this. I think the rave ran from 92 - 97, but I'm not 100% on that

Never heard of it tbh. Must have been a small local one. Unless other events used it but it wasn't called the Colosseum ?
Alex Threat Yeah, it was in Norton which is near Middlesbrough. It was a big event for the North East, but as you said, maybe not for people out of the area. It wasn't on a scale of anything like The Rez, or the likes
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
quote:

Never heard of it tbh. Must have been a small local one. Unless other events used it but it wasn't called the Colosseum ?

Nah. It was a pretty big club. Their events were in Stockton-on-Tees. It was a similar concept to Club Kinetic. I always liked tapes from these events because more obscure stuff was played. Same with Uprising.

This is their NYE 1995 event. Scott Brown played. He's on this video at 1 hour 7 minutes.

Alex Threat It have some big names on, but mainly local dj's i think. I must admit it was a bit before my time haha

Alex Threat
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nah. It was a pretty big club. Their events were in Stockton-on-Tees. It was a similar concept to Club Kinetic. I always liked tapes from these events because more obscure stuff was played. Same with Uprising.

This is their NYE 1995 event. Scott Brown played. He's on this video at 1 hour 7 minutes.

You beat me to it haha. Yeah, i think the music policy was just pretty much fast & bouncy, anything goes haha
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Around 1994/95 the further you went north the harder the music was. In the Midlands you had a mix of Diehard (which played Happy and Breakbeat) then Pandemonium that was more Breakbeat Jungle. The further south you went the more Breakbeat it was. Places like Fusion etc. Great time to be raving in the UK.
Alex Threat Ah cool, I get you. So i would imagine there was more of the "tartan techno" up in the North East because of the influence from Scotland. Explains why like you said it is more of the harder stuff like Dwarf, Babyboom, Screwdriver etc
Si Thompson
quote:
Ah cool, I get you. So i would imagine there was more of the "tartan techno" up in the North East because of the influence from Scotland. Explains why like you said it is more of the harder stuff like Dwarf, Babyboom, Screwdriver etc

The Scottish were responsible for their own sub genre 'Bouncy Techno', but yes, lots of the Dutch stuff was getting played at Rezerection & The Fubar.
Alex Threat Aye, yep i get ya. Thanks mate
LeVzi Diehard was in leicester, and Kintetic in Stoke, then there was the pleasuredome in Liverpool. They were the "big three" before you got to Scotland. Then Steam hit in N Wales. The warehouse parties were mainly down south, and in Scotland. Hardcore events popped up nearly everywhere tbh, they were so popular 95-97. Even hear in Wales we had 3 regular places. Hillside, Southern and Marthas.

I have vague memories of most places, some I aren't even sure are real tbh, that whole period of my life is a complete blur.

That Davie Forbes selection shows how good the man was at Hardcore. It's no suprise to me he's having success in Trance now. He gave me permission to remix one of his tracks once and tbh I didn't do it justice, but getting that honour was so cool, he's such a good bloke.
Si Thompson
quote:
Diehard was in leicester, and Kintetic in Stoke, then there was the pleasuredome in Liverpool. They were the "big three" before you got to Scotland. Then Steam hit in N Wales. The warehouse parties were mainly down south, and in Scotland. Hardcore events popped up nearly everywhere tbh, they were so popular 95-97. Even hear in Wales we had 3 regular places. Hillside, Southern and Marthas.

I have vague memories of most places, some I aren't even sure are real tbh, that whole period of my life is a complete blur.

That Davie Forbes selection shows how good the man was at Hardcore. It's no suprise to me he's having success in Trance now. He gave me permission to remix one of his tracks once and tbh I didn't do it justice, but getting that honour was so cool, he's such a good bloke.

The Pleasuredome had a lot of events in Skegness.

Aye. Davie Forbes's Happy Hardcore was excellent.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
Diehard was in leicester, and Kintetic in Stoke, then there was the pleasuredome in Liverpool. They were the "big three" before you got to Scotland. Then Steam hit in N Wales. The warehouse parties were mainly down south, and in Scotland. Hardcore events popped up nearly everywhere tbh, they were so popular 95-97. Even hear in Wales we had 3 regular places. Hillside, Southern and Marthas.

That was fantasy Island in Skegness ?
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

That was fantasy Island in Skegness ?

Pleasuredome events also.
Si Thompson Fantasy Island is the venue, not the event. It's a family amusement park.

Just a few examples of Pleasuredome events in Skegness.

Pleasuredome 93 Spiritually Uplifting (30-1-1993)
https://phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/event/pleasuredome-93-spiritually-uplifting

Pleasuredome 93 Sweet Harmony (27-3-1993)
https://phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/event/pleasuredome-sweet-harmony

Pleasuredome (8-6-1994)
https://phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/event/pleasuredome-94-june

Pleasuredome 95 Choice Of A New Generation (4-2-1995)
https://phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/event/pleasuredome-choice-new-generation

Pleasuredome 95 3rd Birthday (29-4-1995)
https://phatmedia.co.uk/flyers/event/pleasuredome-3rd-birthday

The Dock was Liverpool.
Si Thompson One of my favourite UK Dance releases.

LeVzi
quote:
Fantasy Island is the venue, not the event. It's a family amusement park.

Pleasuredome (8-6-1994)

The Dock was Liverpool.

I only ever saw the fliers for Fantasy Island, looked mad with about 10 rooms. But not many people ever seemed to talk about it, Helter, Dreamscape yes, but never that place for some reason.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Fantasy Island is the venue, not the event. It's a family amusement park.

Pleasuredome (8-6-1994)

The Dock was Liverpool.

I only ever saw the fliers for Fantasy Island, looked mad with about 10 rooms. But not many people ever seemed to talk about it, Helter, Dreamscape yes, but never that place for some reason.

I used to think it was an event too, because as you say, the flyer always had 'Fantasy Island' in big letters.
Sulphurik Panic been busy with lockdown mixes! had quick skim through first hour of this one. I liked mix between Do what ya like & Cold As Ice!

Si Thompson This is one of those situations where I actually like the remix better than the original.

Love the vibe with this remix. Those pianos are lush.

Si Thompson Brisk's first track @ Helter Skelter 'Human Nature' in June 1998. MC Massive on the Mic.

Si Thompson Cracker from 1998.

Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Panic been busy with lockdown mixes! had quick skim through first hour of this one. I liked mix between Do what ya like & Cold As Ice!

Some great tracks in this and many I'm not sure what they are. Featuring various Scott Brown tracks, Do what ya like (Gordon Tennant remix), Active Force - Head like a pacman aswell as other UK & Dutch happy tracks.

Anyone know track after Wonderful Days around 1:02:30. Sounds like Paul Elstak.

Also which Gordon Tennant track is it after head like a pacman at 1:35:00?
Sulphurik What's the track at 1:40:30, it's Scott Brown isn't it?
LeVzi
quote:
What's the track at 1:40:30, it's Scott Brown isn't it?

Q tex I think, same diff
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:

Q tex I think, same diff

When you mentioned Q-Tex reminded me what it was Q-Tex vs Technosis - Kaos
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

Q tex I think, same diff

When you mentioned Q-Tex reminded me what it was Q-Tex vs Technosis - Kaos

Written by Vince Watson. Engineered by Scott Brown.
Si Thompson Big.

Si Thompson Pretty decent remix. Made late 1995. Released 1996.

LeVzi
quote:
Pretty decent remix. Made late 1995. Released 1996.

That's an awesom remix of that track :) Better than the original imo. The 2nd remix and this, imo 50/50 tbh, as to which I prefer. THis for the stomp energy, but the 2nd remix is the one I knew best. We all did. So I dunno.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Pretty decent remix. Made late 1995. Released 1996.

That's an awesom remix of that track :) Better than the original imo. The 2nd remix and this, imo 50/50 tbh, as to which I prefer. THis for the stomp energy, but the 2nd remix is the one I knew best. We all did. So I dunno.

Oh yeah. For sure. I think the original is pretty average. So, a 50/50 between this, and Slipmatt's 1994 remix, is how I see it too.
Si Thompson Prefer this to the Brisk version.

Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Panic been busy with lockdown mixes! had quick skim through first hour of this one. I liked mix between Do what ya like & Cold As Ice!

Some great tracks in this and many I'm not sure what they are. Featuring various Scott Brown tracks, Do what ya like (Gordon Tennant remix), Active Force - Head like a pacman aswell as other UK & Dutch happy tracks.

Anyone know track after Wonderful Days around 1:02:30. Sounds like Paul Elstak.

Also which Gordon Tennant track is it after head like a pacman at 1:35:00?

It's Speedy Joe (Gordon Tennant) - Muzak Man. Have also heard Speedy Joe track, sounds great also. Always did like the style of good number of Gordon Tennant's releases. Couple of favourites including Spiral Force, A Can Fly, Eurocore (Rezerrection Mix), Latin Stomp, The Incredible. Euro Stomp still my favourite.
Sulphurik Always liked this one from Ham.

Si Thompson
quote:
Always liked this one from Ham.

Cracker!
Alex Threat Couple Q-Tex tracks

Si Thompson Love this. Underplayed.

Alex Threat Absolutely love this track

Si Thompson
quote:
Absolutely love this track

Goes well with this track.

Alex Threat Yes! another great track
Si Thompson Underplayed 1995 Scott Brown track. Quality EP.

Alex Threat
quote:
Underplayed 1995 Scott Brown track. Quality EP.

Beauty that like. Straight onto discogs haha
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Underplayed 1995 Scott Brown track. Quality EP.

Beauty that like. Straight onto discogs haha

Yeah. I picked it up about 5 years ago. Only ever heard it on a Brisk set from Helter Skelter 'Keepin' The Fires Burnin' which was late 1995.
Si Thompson Played this last in a set a couple of weeks ago.

Alex Threat
quote:
Played this last in a set a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, using it as my first tune in a two hour mix I've been asked to do for someone
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Played this last in a set a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, using it as my first tune in a two hour mix I've been asked to do for someone

I remember Scott Brown playing it last in this set with MC Marley upstairs in the Sanctuary.

Si Thompson I would like to have seen Scott Brown carry on with this style into 2000.

These late Twisted Vinyl releases were the nuts.

Si Thompson
Sulphurik
Si Thompson
quote:

Nice....
Sulphurik Brilliant to hear this one again. Would have been first Marc Smith track I heard from Bonkers 2. Marc Smith's productions have always been great.

LeVzi
quote:

omg that made me laugh, I remember when that landed, Dougal played it at Helter Skelter. Magika and Stixman hyped it up so much, yet they didnt fking make it, Dougal did.

Was a good idea for a track but could have been so much better, always sounded like it was mixed in a library. So quiet.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

omg that made me laugh, I remember when that landed, Dougal played it at Helter Skelter. Magika and Stixman hyped it up so much, yet they didnt fking make it, Dougal did.

Was a good idea for a track but could have been so much better, always sounded like it was mixed in a library. So quiet.

That was Helter Skelter 'Voyager' in March 1996. He played it last. Vibes also played it.

I recently had to buy it again as my white label copy had a hairline crack through it. So I now have the full release as well.

I prefer it to this version.

Si Thompson

Si Thompson
Si Thompson Such a good EP.

Si Thompson Ruff..

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson One of my favourites.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson Underplayed track. Heard Vibes play it in 2000.

Si Thompson Much prefer the other side which isn't on YouTube. I will upload it tomorrow.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson Best version on this EP IMO.

Si Thompson Quality track.

Brainchild I have noticed that Dougal has been uploading a bunch of tracks from the Essential Platinum labels onto Beatport (https://www.beatport.com/label/essential-platinum/17260/tracks), both 90s and 2000s. I am curious if the plan is to make all the tracks available as there isn't too many from the 90s up there yet. Hopefully they all get made available.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
I have noticed that Dougal has been uploading a bunch of tracks from the Essential Platinum labels onto Beatport (https://www.beatport.com/label/essential-platinum/17260/tracks), both 90s and 2000s. I am curious if the plan is to make all the tracks available as there isn't too many from the 90s up there yet. Hopefully they all get made available.

That link is broken. I have managed to pick up most digitally anyway, via restored vinyl rips etc.

Also, there was this from 2015 with a few Dougal bits on.

https://www.discogs.com/release/7504727
Impulse_Response
quote:
I have noticed that Dougal has been uploading a bunch of tracks from the Essential Platinum labels onto Beatport (https://www.beatport.com/label/essential-platinum/17260/tracks), both 90s and 2000s. I am curious if the plan is to make all the tracks available as there isn't too many from the 90s up there yet. Hopefully they all get made available.

Wrong time period for this thread, but I was hoping to see the DJ Bee & Overflow Mix of Sunrise. It was on Trackitdown a long time ago but I never saw it anywhere else.

The link works if you delete the parenthesis on the end.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

Wrong time period for this thread, but I was hoping to see the DJ Bee & Overflow Mix of Sunrise. It was on Trackitdown a long time ago but I never saw it anywhere else.

The link works if you delete the parenthesis on the end.

Grabbed that this morning. No longer on Juno either.
Samination Presumable the tracks on there are mostly the ones that got updated for his Artist album over at Billy Dick Bunter's webstore.

Shining Down Original Mix
Styles, Force

That's not the original. It sounds way too much 2006 for that
Sulphurik Just came across this classic from a recent DJ Panic online mix. Managed to find out what the track was, initially thought it sounded like Paul Elstak but it's Wonderland. Another of their tracks Fantasy Of Love has the vocals that feature in Brisk & Trixxy's Eyeopener.

Si Thompson Now this is quality. Only recall Sy & Ramos playing it.

Sulphurik
quote:
Just came across this classic from a recent DJ Panic online mix. Managed to find out what the track was, initially thought it sounded like Paul Elstak but it's Wonderland. Another of their tracks Fantasy Of Love has the vocals that feature in Brisk & Trixxy's Eyeopener.

I mean Euro Love
Samination ~
Mental_Adam
hevan

Second Wave is my top favourite track of all time. Didn't want to just spam Scott Brown but Elysium, Super Sharp Beatz, and Healing Mind are huge.

Si Thompson Prefer this to the Justin Time remix.

Samination

Sulphurik
quote:
Prefer this to the Justin Time remix.

Yes what a track that was, one my favourites from Bonkers 5. I did sell my copies of the older Bonkers compilations, sometimes wish I held on to them.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Prefer this to the Justin Time remix.

Yes what a track that was, one my favourites from Bonkers 5. I did sell my copies of the older Bonkers compilations, sometimes wish I held on to them.

I loved this era of Hardcore. It just gives you such a good feeling.
Si Thompson Classic!

Sulphurik
Si Thompson
quote:

Always preferred this remix.

Excuse the wrong label in the caption. Not my upload. Came out on a red vinyl.
Sulphurik Which version of Shining Down does anyone think is best? Original, Brisk remix, Slipmatt remix

Si Thompson
quote:
Which version of Shining Down does anyone think is best? Original, Brisk remix, Slipmatt remix

Probably the Slipmatt remix. I do like the original and Brisk remixes, though.
LeVzi The original of Shining Down is my personal favourite.

I prefer the unreleased dubplate of Heart of Gold to, to the one everyone knows.

Si Thompson
quote:
The original of Shining Down is my personal favourite.

I prefer the unreleased dubplate of Heart of Gold to, to the one everyone knows.

It's alright. Either Jon Doe remix or the version from the United Dance album for me.
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Which version of Shining Down does anyone think is best? Original, Brisk remix, Slipmatt remix

Yes you're right. First version of the track heard was the Brisk mix which always liked and still do. Like the original also but think Slipmatt's remix is even better! Melody sound at 2m 45 - love it.

Loved Slipmatt's style especially around 96 & 97.
Sulphurik Always liked this one

Si Thompson
quote:
Always liked this one

Great shout! Seriously underrated track.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:

It's alright. Either Jon Doe remix or the version from the United Dance album for me.

I just remember when the dubplate got played at Kinetic, only time i've heard Connie totally lose it. Slipmatt , of course, I think, was the first to drop it. And got a rewind. I was rushing like **** when I heard that tape, when it was released, and heard the dubplate myself live, was a fking mega rush, cos it was pure banging.

Listen at 23.15 , and that was Kinetic's normal speed :) Just fking banging.

Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just remember when the dubplate got played at Kinetic, only time i've heard Connie totally lose it. Slipmatt , of course, I think, was the first to drop it. And got a rewind. I was rushing like **** when I heard that tape, when it was released, and heard the dubplate myself live, was a fking mega rush, cos it was pure banging.

Aye. Kinetic used to have the deck pitch altered. Those sets were fast.
Si Thompson I loved this track. Sounds more 1997 than 1999.

LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Aye. Kinetic used to have the deck pitch altered. Those sets were fast.

Loftgroovers fault

Si Thompson Still love this.

Si Thompson Love this. Very underplayed track back in 1997/98.

Si Thompson Monster tune.

Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes you're right. First version of the track heard was the Brisk mix which always liked and still do. Like the original also but think Slipmatt's remix is even better! Melody sound at 2m 45 - love it.

https://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-Slipmatt-25/release/5757827

Not got this but noticed on this album on CD2 - Higher Love (Slipmatt & Billy Daniel Bunter Remix). The remix Slipmatt did in 1996 was just his remix. The remix on above CD this maybe was the rave breaks remix that they did which was on Helter Skelter Vs Raindance Present Rave Nation The Anthems.

2020 remixes on Kniteforce
https://www.discogs.com/JDS-Higher-Love-Remixes/release/15667975

Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

https://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-Slipmatt-25/release/5757827

Not got this but noticed on this album on CD2 - Higher Love (Slipmatt & Billy Daniel Bunter Remix). The remix Slipmatt did in 1996 was just his remix. The remix on above CD this maybe was the rave breaks remix that they did which was on Helter Skelter Vs Raindance Present Rave Nation The Anthems.

2020 remixes on Kniteforce
https://www.discogs.com/JDS-Higher-Love-Remixes/release/15667975

I've got the vinyl and digital for those 2020 remixes.
LeVzi
quote:

Thats pure shite tbh
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Thats pure shite tbh

There's one mix I like. The other 3 are pretty average.

Tbh. It's not a track that needed remixing IMO, but hey ho.
LeVzi The original was really good, but the Slipmatt remix was unbeatable. Even today that remix just slays any dancefloor tbh, even in a UK Hardcore set.
Si Thompson
quote:
The original was really good, but the Slipmatt remix was unbeatable. Even today that remix just slays any dancefloor tbh, even in a UK Hardcore set.

The original and remix are good, but I got sick of hearing the remix. Played far too much IMO.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
The original was really good, but the Slipmatt remix was unbeatable. Even today that remix just slays any dancefloor tbh, even in a UK Hardcore set.

The original and remix are good, but I got sick of hearing the remix. Played far too much IMO.

tbh at the time I didn't care. Could play it every set and i'd be rushing like fk to it.

Listening to sets recorded then, hearing the repeats is harder to listen to.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

tbh at the time I didn't care. Could play it every set and i'd be rushing like fk to it.

I'm talking about since then. It was still getting battered in sets throughout the 00s and even in classic sets now. I think Billy Bunter has played it in every Happy set since 1996.
Si Thompson Awesome.

LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm talking about since then. It was still getting battered in sets throughout the 00s and even in classic sets now. I think Billy Bunter has played it in every Happy set since 1996.

In all the years i've heard Bunter, he's hit one decent set.

Better producer than DJ imo.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

In all the years i've heard Bunter, he's hit one decent set.

Better producer than DJ imo.

Yeah. I don't usually draw for a Bunter set.

Tbh he said in the interview in the user area for the Hattrixx album that he didn't really have much input on some of the tracks. I believe D-Zyne was the engineer for most of his tracks.
LeVzi Wouldnt suprise me then.
Si Thompson Love this. Brisk was playing it in 1995.

Si Thompson One of my favourites from 1994.

LeVzi
quote:
One of my favourites from 1994.

Whenver I hear that I just think "numero uno" which I loved in 1989.

Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
One of my favourites from 1994.

Whenver I hear that I just think "numero uno" which I loved in 1989.

Nice find. I didn't know about this track. Sedders and Dougal have obviously gotten the idea for the piano from this.
LeVzi Find ? lol I remember the original coming out in the top 40 when there was a small wave of tracks like this. Showing my age now tbh lol

There were a few dance tracks that came into popular music, then when I was into rave i'm hearing them again. More so in the house scene late 80s early 90s tbh.

Was a fun time as it was a whole new thing going on.
Si Thompson
quote:
Find ? lol I remember the original coming out in the top 40 when there was a small wave of tracks like this. Showing my age now tbh lol

There were a few dance tracks that came into popular music, then when I was into rave i'm hearing them again. More so in the house scene late 80s early 90s tbh.

You're 10 years older than me. I was still playing with Ghostbuster figures then. LOL
Samination
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
Find ? lol I remember the original coming out in the top 40 when there was a small wave of tracks like this. Showing my age now tbh lol

You're 10 years older than me. I was still playing with Ghostbuster figures then. LOL

Id have been 15 when Numero Uno came out lol I was loving the "dance music" revolution appearing in the charts. S'Express, Bomb the bass, MARRS stuff like that. Only stuff that hit the top 40 then, wasnt a great deal of scope otherwise, unless you were in the know. I had MARRS Pump up the volume on a 45 lol
Si Thompson On the Jungle tip. Who cares.

Si Thompson
Sulphurik Came into my head today

Sulphurik
Si Thompson
quote:

I got the repress of this back in 2000. Not a patch on the original, though.

Sulphurik

Alex Threat Classic babyboom.....

Si Thompson
quote:
Classic babyboom.....

Love Babyboom and Dwarf records.
Si Thompson I dropped this in a set last night.

Si Thompson Love this track.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson One of my favourites from 1997.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
Si Thompson Probably my favourite track of 1997.

Si Thompson Another favourite from 1997.

LeVzi
quote:

How people can dislike this is beyond me. Yeah OK it was rinsed, but its still a fking banging tune none the less, and this is the definitive mix of it. That intro will always be one of my favs, so simple yet so impactful.

Remember the live PA of it ? Skip to 19:18

Si Thompson
9oh9
quote:
quote:

How people can dislike this is beyond me. Yeah OK it was rinsed, but its still a fking banging tune none the less, and this is the definitive mix of it. That intro will always be one of my favs, so simple yet so impactful.

Remember the live PA of it ? Skip to 19:18

Some top quality miming going on there for the keyboards! (Although at least they were plugged in...)

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Samination I guess Vinylgroover wasn't the only one who made spanish-like tracks
Si Thompson
possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZqX2NvkyDE&list=RD4ZqX2NvkyDE&start_radio=1&ab_channel=ThePriestDude
Piano Tunes Vol. 2 - Heartless - Elation
far out rip
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by possys2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZqX2NvkyDE&list=RD4ZqX2NvkyDE&start_radio=1&ab_channel=ThePriestDude
Piano Tunes Vol. 2 - Heartless - Elation
far out rip

I liked those releases.
Sulphurik
quote:

Nice one, not heard before.
Sulphurik Hadn't heard this - liking it

possys2 https://youtu.be/RUiFq7LL3tY

found this today, going through a load of white labels ive got
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Nice one, not heard before.

I played 'Choirs Of Heaven' in my set last night from this EP,
Si Thompson
quote:
https://youtu.be/RUiFq7LL3tY

Both sides are good. I have this on white label.
possys2 yeah im going through my white labels at the minute. found some great tracks from across the years. 92 to 98 like Demolition Squad ‎? Destructive EP to Citadel Of Kaos ‎? Ex Ravers On The Verge / Feed The System.
only doing 20 a day and probs got about 300 to do.
i brought a massive vinyl collection about 12 years ago but then moved to cd/mp3, but back on the 1210s now
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
https://youtu.be/RUiFq7LL3tY

Both sides are good. I have this on white label.

I like the sound of the Dream Tripper remix.

I remember Meadowland (Album mix) from the A point to be made compilation.
Noogie Seeing a lot of great tunes on this thread!

I need help finding some tracks that evoke a certain mood.
Every once in a while I hear hh tunes that share a particular silly, whimsical childlike feeling... Like music that would be fit for elves or something ridiculous like that (or are unreasonably happy at the very least.) Sort of over the top. Like these --

DJ DNA - Can You Feel It

Gordon Tennant - Wonderland

I can't get enough, lol. I'd love suggestions for more. I know they're out there.

Also I'd like to ask a funny question, what's would you call "happiest" ever tune??
Some music just always cheers me up... Interstate - Don't You Worry is one of mine, I think it was posted somewhere here earlier
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Noogie:
Also I'd like to ask a funny question, what's would you call "happiest" ever tune??

For me, it's this one.
Samination Fade and Bananaman made a good remix of that track (although it's more of a 2002-2004 type of track)
Si Thompson
quote:
Seeing a lot of great tunes on this thread!

I need help finding some tracks that evoke a certain mood.
Every once in a while I hear hh tunes that share a particular silly, whimsical childlike feeling... Like music that would be fit for elves or something ridiculous like that (or are unreasonably happy at the very least.) Sort of over the top.

I can't get enough, lol. I'd love suggestions for more. I know they're out there.

Here's some more in that style.

Samination Seriously, why isn't this kind of styles making a comeback? It's either 1992 stuff or just uk hardcore with happier elements

quote:

Here's some more in that style.

LeVzi Probably because that's considered cheese by modern standards, it was considered cheesy by the standards at the time, but it had a lot of energy, Hixxy actually knew how to make a track really kick hard.

The best one on that list is the Davie Forbes mix of back in business. That guy could do no wrong back in the day, such a talent, i've nagged him before for a remastered back catalogue but it never seems to happen.
possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnwLVGuEZHQ&ab_channel=DJWho85

my fav davie forbes tune
Sulphurik
quote:
Probably because that's considered cheese by modern standards, it was considered cheesy by the standards at the time, but it had a lot of energy, Hixxy actually knew how to make a track really kick hard.

The best one on that list is the Davie Forbes mix of back in business. That guy could do no wrong back in the day, such a talent, i've nagged him before for a remastered back catalogue but it never seems to happen.

Yes always loved the Back in business remix, one of fav old skool hardcore tracks :)
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:

For me, it's this one.

Couple that come to mind are:

4 Tune Fairytales - Take Me 2 Wonderland
Triple J - Follow the sun
Ravers Choice - Techno Wonderland

There's probably alot more will think of
Sulphurik What a track this was from Bonkers 4 - had thought of this song recently, great to hear again. Hearing tracks like this again makes me wish I didn't sell the early Bonkers albums!

Si Thompson
possys2 track above is a belter, love the bouncy mid section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vQGgdY0gFg&ab_channel=ThePriestDude
DJ Brisk & DJ Intense - Get Live (Stu J Remix)
LeVzi The happiest ever tune ? Blimey, can't answer that, because to me, the happy part of happy hardcore was the break and for me, had to be a vocal-less one. Back in the day, there were less vocal breaks than instrumental.

So whats the happiest ? Jesus, that would take some thought.
Samination
quote:

You mean Z.O.Ë.Ë - Tekkno Wonderland?
possys2 frightening what he did with that choon, how did he get away with it?
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

You mean Z.O.?.? - Tekkno Wonderland?

Yes I do mean that one
Sulphurik Came across this - like this Eruption remix but still hard to beat the original mix.

Sulphurik Probably my favourite Eruption track

Si Thompson
quote:
Came across this - like this Eruption remix but still hard to beat the original mix.

I prefer this to the original. Both this and the Sy & Demo remixes are excellent.
possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwYdLGB0yg&ab_channel=Quattroman

found this on a white label today, forgot how good it was, deffo one of choons of 1996
LeVzi
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwYdLGB0yg&ab_channel=Quattroman

found this on a white label today, forgot how good it was, deffo one of choons of 1996

Yeah I love that track too.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwYdLGB0yg&ab_channel=Quattroman

Yeah I love that track too.

Gorgeous. Underplayed too. I remember Sy playing it @ Dreamscape 22 in March 1996.
Sulphurik
quote:
The happiest ever tune ? Blimey, can't answer that, because to me, the happy part of happy hardcore was the break and for me, had to be a vocal-less one. Back in the day, there were less vocal breaks than instrumental.

So whats the happiest ? Jesus, that would take some thought.

Another happy tune from 1996...

possys2 found this today in my collection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIRFczBNq2c&ab_channel=Dj-Wisdom-UK

Peter Piper ‎? Can You Feel It

cant believe how much its worth!!
Samination just buy the Hangar 13 repress
LeVzi This one always gets adrenaline flowing.

For all the Mikey B heads in the place

When played at speed, banging track

Well do you ? There is a hardcore techno version of this, but I can't find it. Anyone any ideas ?

Sulphurik The well known Sun always shines is on same release which always was a big fan of. Came across this one which like the sound of:

possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRNrpBT2i68&ab_channel=CraigC
Robbie Long & Devastate - Boss DJ
always liked this one
LeVzi
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRNrpBT2i68&ab_channel=CraigC
always liked this one

Mate, learn to use the youtube function yeah, just take the video ID , in this case PRNrpBT2i68

And use the youtube button to wrap it with the [ youtube ][ /youtube ]

Then the video plays in the forum. Saves opening new pages all the time.
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRNrpBT2i68&ab_channel=CraigC
always liked this one

Mate, learn to use the youtube function yeah, just take the video ID , in this case PRNrpBT2i68

And use the youtube button to wrap it with the [ youtube ][ /youtube ]

Then the video plays in the forum. Saves opening new pages all the time.

There have been times when have used the youtube link function but doesn't show the video link in the preview post and after I post. It's maybe a browser issue at my end.
possys2 yeah man, will do :)
possys2

sweet, always wonder what them buttons was for!
Sulphurik
quote:

Nice track choice
Si Thompson
quote:

Quality track.
possys2 found this on white label, anyone shed any light on who made it?
seems very rare?

Si Thompson
quote:
found this on white label, anyone shed any light on who made it?
seems very rare?

I saw that on YouTube last year. The flip to 'Need Your Loving' bootleg is decent.

I'm gonna play it in my set tonight.
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2

love the piano at about 3.22

Si Thompson
Sulphurik These guys are good!

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
quote:
These guys are good!

Like it!
Sulphurik
possys2
Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

Top 1994 release. Other side is good too.
possys2 yeah man, one of my favourite bits of vinyl i own
Si Thompson
quote:
yeah man, one of my favourite bits of vinyl i own

I think I got my copy from Hard To Find Records in Birmingham back in 2005.
possys2 i bet its worth a few quid now
Si Thompson
quote:
yeah man, one of my favourite bits of vinyl i own

Got repressed last year and is already at 50 quid. LOL

Discogs scalpers.

https://www.discogs.com/Norty-But-Nice-Do-You-Want-It-Give-It-To-Me-Baby/release/15618490
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson I posted the same track twice exactly a month apart. FFS
Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2
possys2

a rip off done right!
Warnman
quote:

This truly is a magnificent track when it comes to the old-school Breakbeat vibe! I mean there are plenty of other tracks out there that sound boring, but this particular one includes all the emotions and the vibes of the combination between Sould an Breakbeat, which obviously are are one of the roots of Rave culture.
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2 always wonder what the above track was called. nice one si ;)
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

This was a decent little label. Double Trouble was Chris Unknown & DJ Codeine.
Si Thompson
Si Thompson This will be getting a play tomorrow night.

possys2

always liked this for a bit of cheese ;)
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
quote:

What a track this was, loved this from hardcore heaven 1. Surprised this wasn't released.
Sulphurik Love it, especially the main melody - had heard in the 90s & didn't know who this was from until recently.

Hadn't heard this before, nice remix.
Sulphurik
quote:
Love it, especially the main melody - had heard in the 90s & didn't know who this was from until recently.

I did just find a new remix recently of this from Alaguan & Ultravibes.
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

One of my favourites from 1999.
Samination Too bad it wasn't in the Vinylgroover HU Completionist bundle :(

Oh well, my own vinyl rip isn't that bad
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:

One of my favourites from 1999.

Hadn't heard before. There's been better Vinylgroover & Trixxy tracks.

The B side Expansions was on Bonkers 7 as North West - Full On - great track.

Sulphurik One of Vinylgroover & Trixxy's best tracks

Sulphurik
Sulphurik Liked this one from Helix.

Sulphurik Anyone remember a hardcore remix of the Love Revolution - Why can't we see track? There's also the Blind truth version of the track. The hardcore mix have heard from around 1996 does sound a little like the Blind truth - Milano mix but much faster - similar piano sound.
Sulphurik Have part of this track on tape from years ago but didn't know it was by - had been attempting to transfer from tape to computer earlier but didn't get sorted. Had feeling it was by Stompy and found this on Stompy anthology volume 2. Love sound of main melody that comes in after 1 minute.

Another track is this one Elevation. Knew this as Stompy & Trixxy - Party from original Hardcore Heaven 5.

Sulphurik Hadn't heard this one - liking this

Si Thompson
quote:
Hadn't heard this one - liking this

Love it!
possys2
Si Thompson Classic!

Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
Samination
quote:

Written by A Taylor... Well aint he a cheeky little bugger XD
Si Thompson Love this.

possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

Blank.
possys2 fixed it, missed a under-score out at the beginning!
Si Thompson
quote:
fixed it, missed a under-score out at the beginning!

I did the same yesterday and had to edit my post.
Sulphurik Great track from The Demoniac which hadn't heard before. Best track I've heard from them, better than One Two.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
quote:

Yes some tune. I did like most of DJ Slam's tracks around then.
Brainchild
quote:

Would be great if DJ Slam made all his tracks available to purchase digitally. It?s annoying DJs like Demo and Slipmatt seem reluctant to properly make their back catalogue available to purchase.
Decky_G https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKaXJun-Ig0

YouTube embedder link does not work when I try it. Always say playback error?
Decky_G Bit of cheddar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8J41bXI0RY
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Decky_G:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKaXJun-Ig0

this embedder only works for the video ID code,
so in your link, the RKaXJun-Ig0 is the bit(it's always 11 tokens long) that should be used
Samination
quote:
Bit of cheddar!

When is Vinylgroover never cheedar? :P
Decky_G
quote:
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKaXJun-Ig0

this embedder only works for the video ID code,
so in your link, the RKaXJun-Ig0 is the bit(it's always 11 tokens long) that should be used

Good to know! Thank you buddy 👌

Decky_G
quote:
quote:
Bit of cheddar!

When is Vinylgroover never cheedar? :P

True 😜
Si Thompson
Decky_G
Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

Quality! I liked this label.
Jalleboi69 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4BUq_5lrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujc67XUa8Mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM7PADn50Dg

Kaos has a lot of "mental" tracks
Si Thompson
possys2
Sulphurik Hadn't heard JHAL remix before, sounds good.

Came across on youtube - hadn't heard before. Have heard of DJ Hardcore but wasn't familiar with any of his tunes before. This sounds quite like Stompy style.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
quote:
Hadn't heard JHAL remix before, sounds good.

Yes! Love these remixes of 'Hardcore Fever'. Both sides are quality IMO.
possys2
Sulphurik Remastered

A new 140 mix thought some of you would be interested to take a listen to
Sulphurik Always loved this one from Bonkers 6. After listening again to this in the video below, realised there's part in the middle that wasn't in the mix on Bonkers 6. Quite like the slower breakdown part and then when it builds up again into main part of the track. This remix still sounds great now.

Sulphurik Epic

Si Thompson
Sulphurik Recently bought a brand new CD version of Off Yer Nut 2 album (1998), I do have the album on cassette which got about 20 years ago. What an album that is. I haven't listened to the cassette album for years but would still remember the sound of most tracks from it.
Anon. Frankies lead by F&S, who is frankie ?
Sulphurik Sounds more like bouncy techno than gabba to me

It took 9.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page