Radio listeners 159+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Why or How did Scooter become relevant 2000s

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Mental_Adam A group having it's era during the mid 1990s.

However becoming popular again early 2000s and also late 2000s

Can anyone give reasons, was the songs featured in films and was their major money pumped into it.
Samination Scooter's actually been around since late 80's as a synth group, but to answer your question, they've always been popular. They look at what techno genre is popular and milks it.
Mental_Adam It was abit of stir in 2008 when they went #1 with the jumping album.

the single didn't chart as well, but it was very popular and well known.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
A group having it's era during the mid 1990s.

Can anyone give reasons, was the songs featured in films and was their major money pumped into it.

Not that I'm aware of...songs including Logical Song, Nessaja & Weekend which were some of their most well known from 2000s - in music charts back then there would have been a good number of dance releases that charted well.

Their new single - not keen on it.
LeVzi And the beat goes on was their breakthrough IIRC. I loved Endless Summer tbh, one of the best piano tracks of that era, needed a harder remix without that annoying MC.

Friends, Hyper Hyper, Mikey B used to religiously play them, probably still does.

Only Scooter songs I ever heard at a rave tbh.
Triquatra I think it was something to do with AATW. The Logical Song and all those other early 2000s hits had remixes by AATWs in house production teams, and on AATWs compilations - Wouldn't be surprised if they were helping Scooter market themselves in the UK as part of their agreements - or just connections in general.
Smoogie People just liked their stuff I guess. I liked some of their stuff. It was lighthearted and cool for kids!
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I think it was something to do with AATW. The Logical Song and all those other early 2000s hits had remixes by AATWs in house production teams, and on AATWs compilations - Wouldn't be surprised if they were helping Scooter market themselves in the UK as part of their agreements - or just connections in general.

Hoovers!!!!!

Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
A group having it's era during the mid 1990s.

Not that I'm aware of...songs including Logical Song, Nessaja & Weekend which were some of their most well known from 2000s - in music charts back then there would have been a good number of dance releases that charted well.

Their new single - not keen on it.

Have you's heard the new 2020 song? The song sounds ok generally but not the line we don't give a penny....2020. If that wasn't included would have liked the track more.
Sulphurik New Collab with Timmy Trumpet - it's listenable. Parts are similar to Electric Fox style. track title could have been something different - You & I?

Smoogie Oldest track I found from 1993:

Smoogie First Happy Hardcore release:

Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Oldest track I found from 1993:

You didn't dig far enough :P

Always surprised to see that Baxxter can ****ing sing, even if it's slightly autotuned
robertybob
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
New Collab with Timmy Trumpet - it's listenable. Parts are similar to Electric Fox style. track title could have been something different - You & I?

Better than some Electirc Fox releases too
Impulse_Response I like a few of the hits, like Weekend. The trance B-sides were amazing, too.
9oh9
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Oldest track I found from 1993:

You didn't dig far enough :P

Always surprised to see that Baxxter can ****ing sing, even if it's slightly autotuned

Haha, bloody hell I didn't know they'd been around for that long, I was barely alive when that was recorded!

Not a massive Scooter fan, but I respect HPs energy as a frontman. Agree with LeVzi about "Endless Summer", I've got a soft spot for that one too.
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I loved Endless Summer tbh, one of the best piano tracks of that era, needed a harder remix without that annoying MC.

Samination So rap is somehow better? :P

Datura remix of Endless Summer is much better though.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I loved Endless Summer tbh, one of the best piano tracks of that era, needed a harder remix without that annoying MC.

Never heard that before tbh. I like the idea of making a 90s hardcore version but that is shite.

The Datura remix is fking awful.

It's always suprising Scooter went a bit old school techno too

But their stuff worked in the raves tbh. I remember this, goto 15:51

Icewind As mentioned, endless summer, move your ass, **** the millennium...scooter had some great tracks on their "our happy hardcore" album. Even some of their trance and hardstyle bits are good, but not feeling their dubstep, but I never liked dubstep anyway.
Craigavon raver
quote:
First Happy Hardcore release:

Something in my head always told me that hyper, hyper was their first release, not that it matters anyway I suppose
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Icewind:
As mentioned, endless summer, move your ass, **** the millennium...scooter had some great tracks on their "our happy hardcore" album. Even some of their trance and hardstyle bits are good, but not feeling their dubstep, but I never liked dubstep anyway.

Scooter did dubstep ? lol
tenfold234 Still the best scooter track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tfyzZD2Vc

Luz1978 Always thought they ripped off Ultra Sonics check your head with Move Your Ass, but dint think that?s right as there is an US remix of move your ass..

Also just listened to across the sky from 1995 and it?s decent and think M Zone may have played it..

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page