Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 2000's UK Hardcore Thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson I loved this vibe around the early 00s in Hardcore.

Also this from 2005.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm4ha-EPUDc&t=3s
MusicILove Here are a few of my favourites from that era.

warped_candykid
Si Thompson Loved this release!

Si Thompson Loved this release.

Mickey Init
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:

I remember Sy playing that a few times during 2001.
Mickey Init
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:

Yeah it has a different feel to the Hixxy/B&S tunes of that time, perhaps more in keeping with the Evolution and Quosh movement. Robbie Long & Devastate we?re also in-form round about that time.

Those Raver/Jelly Baby tunes were awesome but I remember it took a while to warm up to that sound. The problem with mixing them was that the kick would disappear when perfectly synced.

Feel It In The Air was amazing. The Gammer remix wasn?t too far removed from the original and so gave us a timeless edition of that tune.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Yeah it has a different feel to the Hixxy/B&S tunes of that time, perhaps more in keeping with the Evolution and Quosh movement. Robbie Long & Devastate we?re also in-form round about that time.

Those Raver/Jelly Baby tunes were awesome but I remember it took a while to warm up to that sound. The problem with mixing them was that the kick would disappear when perfectly synced.

Feel It In The Air was amazing. The Gammer remix wasn?t too far removed from the original and so gave us a timeless edition of that tune.

Haha. Yeah. You had to bang on mixing those early Raver Baby tracks. Heavy thudding kick!
Si Thompson This is another Raver Baby I liked.

Hard2Get Deep Inside is without a doubt one of the best tunes from that era.
Sulphurik
quote:
This is another Raver Baby I liked.

Yes this is great. There was an update mix on first Clubland hardcore album which is good also.
9oh9 Who was MC Kinetik? I can't remember seeing him on flyers at slammin/hardcore heaven etc?

This is probably my favourite era of hardcore too... There was plenty of variety around, the tail end of happy hardcore, the start of the raverbaby sound, decent freeform, feels like the tracks were a lot more credible, before everyone settled on the template for the next 10 years haha.
Sulphurik Actually thought this was released already, Scott Brown's Now is the time 02-03 compilation. Good tracklisting, familar with all tracks apart from Somebody in the house and Twilight Zone which aren't on same level as rest of the tracks.
https://www.beatport.com/release/now-is-the-time-02-03/2773380
Si Thompson This is another with that wicked 2000 vibe. Shame the recording isn't good on this video.

I have it on vinyl.

9oh9
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Actually thought this was released already, Scott Brown's Now is the time 02-03 compilation. Good tracklisting, familar with all tracks apart from Somebody in the house and Twilight Zone which aren't on same level as rest of the tracks.

I really rate the other side of twilight zone vinyl; clash of the titans. Great track!
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by 9oh9:
quote:
Actually thought this was released already, Scott Brown's Now is the time 02-03 compilation. Good tracklisting, familar with all tracks apart from Somebody in the house and Twilight Zone which aren't on same level as rest of the tracks.

I really rate the other side of twilight zone vinyl; clash of the titans. Great track!

I used to cain 'Clash Of The Titans' back in 2002. One of my favourite Evoloution releases of that year.
Samination Never really heard it before 2008 to be honest :(

Got it on vinyl first in 2009 (and it was the licensed X-que repress).
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Never really heard it before 2008 to be honest :(

Got it on vinyl first in 2009 (and it was the licensed X-que repress).

Yes. There were a few Spanish releases of Scott Brown's stuff. I always got the Evolution releases on promo a few weeks before. So from 1999-2005.
Si Thompson I loved this. It's actually my favourite version.

Alex Threat Anything Evolution and Next Generation 00-06 is where its at for me!
Craig Cairney Evolution, Quosh, Next Generation, Raw Elements, Raver Baby, Essential Platinum, Camel, RFU, DFM, Future Dance etc

So many good labels around that time.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Evolution, Quosh, Next Generation, Raw Elements, Raver Baby, Essential Platinum, Camel, RFU, DFM, Future Dance etc

So many good labels around that time.

That's where most of my wages went every week. LOL
Anon. Been playing this today, melody just popped in my head at random so went and looked for it on youtube and wallah there it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHmaKOGPKww
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Been playing this today, melody just popped in my head at random so went and looked for it on youtube and wallah there it was.

Excellent track although I preferred the breeze and styles remix.
Si Thompson Couple of EVO Plus releases I used to cain in 2004.

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Been playing this today, melody just popped in my head at random so went and looked for it on youtube and wallah there it was.

One of my faves! Amazing melody!
Anon. It's the korg m1 piano that does it for me, always draws me in.
Craig Cairney Few favourites from the early 00's...

Fracus & Gavin G feat. UFO - Pure Pleasure
Uplift, Cris E Manic & Lukozade - Poached & Scrambled
Breeze & Styles - Home (At Last)
DJ Ham - And I'm Back
UFO - Breaka
CLSM - Sound of the Future
DJ Ham - Kinda Funky
Hardcore Authority - Why Should You Live?
Brisk & Fade - Skillz & Stylez
Robbie Long & Devastate - PSA
Kaos & Ethos - Teknorocker
Breeze & Styles - You're Shining (Scott Brown Remix)
Robbie Long & Coyote - Ultimate Sounds
DJ Uplift - Brutal
2 Damn Tuff - Blow the Roof
Knightmare & Devastate - Rude Bwoy Fassion
In Effect - Scuzzlebutt / Surreal Nights
Brisk & Fade - Get Fresh.
Si Thompson The pressing was a bit quiet, but I really liked the vibe with this one.

Thumpa You will never beat that sound, 2001-2004 ish, a golden time for UK hardcore and raves in general:

https://soundcloud.com/thedjthumpa/thumpa-****ed-up-in-the

01. Infexious - Let Me Fly (Styles & Breeze Remix) - Nukleuz
02. Breeze & Styles - Future Set - Raver Baby
03. Scott Brown - Gang Bang Society - Evolution
04. Dougal & Gamer - Get Hype - Essential Platinum
05. Styles - Do You Feel The Same - Jelly Baby
06. Dowster & Uprise - Steps Ahead - Raver Baby
07. Scott Brown - Definition Of A Badboy - Evolution
08. Scott Brown - Elysium Plus - Evolution Plus
09. Hixxy - Feel It In The Air - Raver Baby
10. UFO - Deep Inside (Hixxy Remix) - Raver Baby
11. Stargazer - Rebirth - Phase 4
12. Uplift, Cris E Manic & Lukozade - Hard Jam - Quosh
13. Uplift, Cris E Manic & Lukozade - Undefined (Stargazer Remix) - Raw Elements
14. Uplift & UFO - Dawn Of Creation - Raw Elements
15. Two's Company - Dreams - Nu Energy
16. CLSM - Reaching Out - CLSM
17. CLSM - Sound Of The Future - CLSM
18. Dave Squish and AMS vs. Safe n' Sound - Inverted Reality - Nu Energy
19. Kevin Energy & Just Rich - Wipeaway - Go Mental Platinum
20. Scott Brown - Neckbreaker - Evolution Plus
21. Kaos & Ethos - Lost - Blatant Beats
22. Brisk & Fade - Radio Rockin' - Next Generation
23. Q Tex - Like An Angel - Evolution
24. Brisk & Fade - Stay Forever - Next Generation
25. Scott Brown & Brisk - Chase - Evolution
26. Kaos & Ethos - Technorocker - Blatant Beats
27. Ham & Brisk - Serious Hardcore - Next Generation
28. Robbie Long & Devastate - P.S.A. - Thin N Crispy
29. Kevin Energy - Crescendos Of Ecstasy - Nu Energy
30. In Effect - Scuzzlebutt - Hecttech
31. Brisk & Trixxy - Eye Opener (Scott Brown's Earcloser Remix) - Next Generation
32. Damage Inc - Turn Around (The Viper Remix) - Terror Traxx
Si Thompson I didn't actually like this at the time. I thought it was a poor follow up to Elysium. However, It grew on me over the years. I just see it as another track now, rather than any relation to Elysium.

LeVzi Same feeling here, it's nothing to do with Elysium tbh, the original was a good track.
Smoogie
quote:
I loved this. It's actually my favourite version.

I like this one as well. It is similar to the original but has a slight different take on it. Different to a lot of Hixxy's other stuff as well
Si Thompson I don't think this one has particularly aged well.

Impulse_Response
quote:
I don't think this one has particularly aged well.

It would be a lot better with a different bass sound.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
I don't think this one has particularly aged well.

It would be a lot better with a different bass sound.

Yes. That's my issue, I didn't really notice back in 2001. Sounds flat now.

Kick is weak too, which is unlike Scott Brown.
The drunken scotsman Darren Styles used that riff for his relatively new tune - Switch.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Darren Styles used that riff for his relatively new tune - Switch.

It's a rip of a 1994 Hard Trance track. I actually prefer this version.

Si Thompson I've always liked this version. Technically it was made in 1999, but released in 2000.

Fat thudding kick. I think musically it's pretty damn good. Different feel for sure, when comparing it to the original Visa mix.

Craig Cairney I still like The First Parable, but it was always about the flip on that release. As for the Soaked (aka Kaos) version of All I Need ... That's pretty cool as well. Remember hearing Vibes drop it late '99. I was always a sucker for all things DJ Kaos / Go Mental Records tho.

(Note: Yeah the aforementioned was Raving Mad, but you know)
Si Thompson
quote:
I still like The First Parable, but it was always about the flip on that release. As for the Soaked (aka Kaos) version of All I Need ... That's pretty cool as well. Remember hearing Vibes drop it late '99. I was always a sucker for all things DJ Kaos / Go Mental Records tho.

(Note: Yeah the aforementioned was Raving Mad, but you know)

Yeah. First time was at 'The Millennium Jam'. I was too.

I remember going up to Flip Records on my birthday in March 2000 and buying a load of the Go Mental 'Gold Series'.
Si Thompson I prefer this to the original.

Alex Threat
quote:
I didn't actually like this at the time. I thought it was a poor follow up to Elysium. However, It grew on me over the years. I just see it as another track now, rather than any relation to Elysium.

Wicked tune this one
Si Thompson This track proper reminds me of 2000. The best mix for me, along with Demand's 1997 mix.

LeVzi
quote:
This track proper reminds me of 2000. The best mix for me, along with Demand's 1997 mix.

Nothing beats the original for me, remember when it first turned up. If that Justin Time remix at the same synth for the break, I reckon it would have been better imo.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
This track proper reminds me of 2000. The best mix for me, along with Demand's 1997 mix.

Nothing beats the original for me, remember when it first turned up. If that Justin Time remix at the same synth for the break, I reckon it would have been better imo.

Nah. This version is alright. Much preferred the Demand mix that was released on the final Uplifting records release. This actually has the original on it also.

That stab section that starts at 2:45. Wicked man.

LeVzi If I didn't know that was a demand remix, id know it was his by hearing it, his normal "high" production standards lol

I like Demands stuff btw, not saying its bad, but you can tell a demand track a mile off. lol

Samination I thought I didn't have it, but I do have the Justin time remix of Excitement as mp3. Can't remember where I got it though, since most of the Hecttech MP3's where on IMOdownload and most of those were only 192kbps.
9oh9
quote:
I prefer this to the original.

This is one of my favourite records. The remix of inside beat is incredible, love the riffs and the breakdown/buildup. The trixxy remix of sailaway on the other side is also great, loads of rushy reverse reverb, I'm guessing this could've been one of the last tracks Trixxy did with nextgen/bb? Probably my favourite mix of that track as well (although the hard as fock mix on the original vinyl is a close second).
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
I prefer this to the original.

This is one of my favourite records. The remix of inside beat is incredible, love the riffs and the breakdown/buildup. The trixxy remix of sailaway on the other side is also great, loads of rushy reverse reverb, I'm guessing this could've been one of the last tracks Trixxy did with nextgen/bb? Probably my favourite mix of that track as well (although the hard as fock mix on the original vinyl is a close second).

I agree. Love the 'Sailaway' remix. Produced in 1999.
Si Thompson
quote:
If I didn't know that was a demand remix, id know it was his by hearing it, his normal "high" production standards lol

I like Demands stuff btw, not saying its bad, but you can tell a demand track a mile off. lol

A lot of Demand's stuff was basic in production, and yeah, I enjoyed some of his stuff too.
Samination Was it Demand that did the Jobseekers - True Love Never dies? because it sounded very similar to his Compulsive Records stuff

Take a ride:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9GlTW5kw0

True Love Never Dies/Airwave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWwfuogNAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3U0h7nq_k
Si Thompson
quote:
Was it Demand that did the Jobseekers - True Love Never dies? because it sounded very similar to his Compulsive Records stuff

Take a ride:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9GlTW5kw0

True Love Never Dies/Airwave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWwfuogNAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3U0h7nq_k

Probably.
Si Thompson This was a wicked release. I was caining both versions of this around September 2007.

LeVzi

Dunno why this never got more love tbh. I like this remix. The Vagabond influence is what makes it good.
Alex Threat
quote:
This was a wicked release. I was caining both versions of this around September 2007.

Used to absolutely cain the original of this like. belting tune
Si Thompson
quote:

Dunno why this never got more love tbh. I like this remix. The Vagabond influence is what makes it good.

Forgot about this remix. Yeah. I love that main lead.
Si Thompson This release always reminds me of early 2001.

Si Thompson Couple of Sy & Unknown bits I liked from later in 2000.

LeVzi That Da Edge - Wizardry track is pissing me off, cos I cant remember the original from way back when. .. . . . .
Si Thompson
quote:
That Da Edge - Wizardry track is pissing me off, cos I cant remember the original from way back when. .. . . . .

This one is the original. I prefer the 1994 remixes. I've heard Sy play one of them in 1994.

Samination
quote:
quote:
That Da Edge - Wizardry track is pissing me off, cos I cant remember the original from way back when. .. . . . .

This one is the original. I prefer the 1994 remixes. I've heard Sy play one of them in 1994.

nothing beats the original original

Si Thompson This is a wicked tune from around 2009/10.

Ultravibes have that Scott Brown lead sound down pat here.

Si Thompson Wicked Scott Brown release from 2003. Didn't get played much.

Si Thompson One of my favourite Stompy tracks. First got played by Vibes @ United Dance in October 2000.

It didn't get a release until 2002. Quite rare on vinyl.

Si Thompson Heard this the first time Sy played it @ Raindance 'Slightly late Valentine's ball' in Feb 2005. I was actually behind the decks. Start of that bouncy vibe that was so prominent during late 2004 and through 2005.

Sulphurik
quote:
Heard this the first time Sy played it @ Raindance 'Slightly late Valentine's ball' in Feb 2005. I was actually behind the decks. Start of that bouncy vibe that was so prominent during late 2004 and through 2005.

Yes did like this track.

Hadn't heard side B, sounds good!

Sulphurik
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Heard this the first time Sy played it @ Raindance 'Slightly late Valentine's ball' in Feb 2005. I was actually behind the decks. Start of that bouncy vibe that was so prominent during late 2004 and through 2005.

Yes did like this track.

Hadn't heard side B, sounds good!

Seduction played this at the Uproar event in April 2005. Also, Heard Sy play it at Vibealite 'The Wild West' Shootout' (I think).
Si Thompson I quite liked this track back in the day.

Sy & Unknown going through their 'Hard House' influenced phase.

Craig Cairney Loved Quosh Records around that time. Are You Afraid was a favourite! As was Won't You Rock With Me?
Alex Threat This

Si Thompson I remember waiting for this to be released in 2004, and then nothing.

What I would do for this tune.

Psychedelic.Qveen So let's just say that I have a whole entire damn playlist with 2000s Happy Hardcore.. :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtLBeu_Epc4jhY1m5fcu6VkAPVUWU8NRD
Si Thompson I had to buy this twice. The first time I left it on the train home around early 2001.

Si Thompson I remember DNA's intro mix that he was playing in late 2000.

Always digged this track.

Mickey Init
quote:
I remember DNA's intro mix that he was playing in late 2000.

Never made a bad tune, that dude!

Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

His sound was excellent. I loved it!
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not heard before, liking this.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not heard before, liking this.

This is another cracker from 2001.

Craig Cairney Was always a huge fan of DNA's music. His stuff in 2000 was fantastic. Be it solo, or collaboration. The Bastard, Mother F**king Psycho, About U, See Me Climb rmx, Taken the Groove, Torn Souls etc
Si Thompson
quote:
Was always a huge fan of DNA's music. His stuff in 2000 was fantastic. Be it solo, or collaboration. The Bastard, Mother F**king Psycho, About U, See Me Climb rmx, Taken the Groove, Torn Souls etc

Yes, Craig. Totally agree. I especially liked that 'See Me Climb' remix.
Si Thompson Loved this track. I remember going into town on my lunch break at College to buy it in 2002.

Si Thompson This was another gooden. Sy played it at Future Vibe in the Sanctuary when I was there in 2002.

tenfold234 The 2000's were the best years IMO. So much good variety in music not just from the old guard but a bunch of new guys. These were my favs:

So much good choonage.
Si Thompson Thought I would upload this to YouTube seeing as it isn't on there anymore.

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by tenfold234:
The 2000's were the best years IMO. So much good variety in music not just from the old guard but a bunch of new guys. These were my favs:

So much good choonage.

All blank?
Samination Don't post the whole link into the youtube tags, only the bit after v= and before any &

https : // www. youtube.com/watch?v=Ni7C7K7uRLE
Si Thompson Would've preferred the original SUAD vocals, but hey ho.

flash Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I came on to the site, logged in today for the first time since 25th May 2006!!

I have managed to dig out some old mixes that I think are relevant to this thread, all from 2001-2007 or so.

I have no idea if they are any good but they all work and they are all here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_RqCSPtpjcVU1RWRG5hLXpWOE0https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_RqCSPtpjcVU1RWRG5hLXpWOE0?usp=sharing ?usp=sharing

Hope you enjoy

Flash
Anon. Hmm am gonnae wait and see if someone downloads that first.

A cant tell if you're real or a really good bot.
flash Ha ha yes fair enough. I did think people might have that view. Here?s a soundcloud link to a couple that are not on the G Drive https://soundcloud.com/daniel-gordon-893506253/come-running and https://soundcloud.com/daniel-gordon-893506253/higher-ground
KungFuRabbit Since I'm apparently incompetent at using the youtube embed function:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iOUbP-uDfY

I absolutely love this song
Alex Threat I used to be obsessed with this tune. Wish the Raverbaby stuff would get released digitally!

Elys1um This song = the essence of Happy Hardcore imo <3 One of the best ch00ns ever, so uplifting

Does any know if Vagabond still produces and if he has a Facebook page? I tried to search based on his different aliases from Discogs but no luck

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
I used to be obsessed with this tune. Wish the Raverbaby stuff would get released digitally!

Haha, a Lange remix! Some of the vocals/lyrics are from Lost Witness - Happiness Happening (Lange remix). Wish some one made a Happy HC remix of this one from him, all you need to do is speed it up to 170+ BPM pretty much

Si Thompson One of my favourites from the first 6 months of 2001.

Si Thompson Wicked remix. Played this in a few sets this year.

tenfold234
quote:
I used to be obsessed with this tune. Wish the Raverbaby stuff would get released digitally!

Unless Hixxy has been lying about his hard drive failure that had the DATs on it. RB digitals are never, never gonna happen.

The only thing I can think of is if the other RB artists (UFO, Breeze, Styles, Dowster etc...) have their masters of the stuff they released and you might get some parts of a back catalog.

Its litterely the only thing from that era that I do not have digitally.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Unless Hixxy has been lying about his hard drive failure that had the DATs on it. RB digitals are never, never gonna happen.

The only thing I can think of is if the other RB artists (UFO, Breeze, Styles, Dowster etc...) have their masters of the stuff they released and you might get some parts of a back catalog.

I've got loads of them digitally anyway, so I'm not fussed.
Samination UFO had a harddrive crash ages ago, and that's why I always wondered if Hixxy was lying, or Hixxy or UFO shared the same harddrive for their masters
Si Thompson Not really aged well, but I quite liked this back in the day.

Si Thompson One of my favourites from 2005.

Si Thompson Different to the 98 version that didn't get a full release, but similar in vibe.

Vocals arranged differently with new and improved production.

Si Thompson
Impulse_Response
quote:
quote:
quote:

Other than those that were put on CDs or download sites, how did you get your hands on them?
Samination he's been asking around for promos, just like sterichie did
Si Thompson
quote:
he's been asking around for promos, just like sterichie did

Where do you get this information from?
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Other than those that were put on CDs or download sites, how did you get your hands on them?

Found a 2GB bundle someone put together. I've also ripped some of my vinyl.
Samination I'm just guessing, because if you didn't ask for promos, the only other way you could've gotten them, digitally, is by piracy
Si Thompson
quote:
I'm just guessing, because if you didn't ask for promos, the only other way you could've gotten them, digitally, is by piracy

Well. You guessed wrong.

Where is Sterichie, anyway? Must be coming up to a year since I last spoke to him.
Impulse_Response Sounds like digital recordings of vinyl if it's something you found online. I thought you meant native digital files.
Si Thompson
quote:
Sounds like digital recordings of vinyl if it's something you found online. I thought you meant native digital files.

There's stuff in the folder that was never released on vinyl.
Samination
quote:
quote:
I'm just guessing, because if you didn't ask for promos, the only other way you could've gotten them, digitally, is by piracy

Well. You guessed wrong.

Where is Sterichie, anyway? Must be coming up to a year since I last spoke to him.

I don't know why they stopped posting on here. They're still active over at soundcloud (I think I saw a post made less than 6 months ago)
Si Thompson Forgot about this track.

Si Thompson
Alex Threat Couple Quosh anthems

Si Thompson
quote:
Couple Quosh anthems

I was pleased when that 'Kick It' release came out, as it had the Bonkers 7 version on it. I got the original one back in 1999 on the week it was released.

The track was actually called 'Alive' originally. I have a JB remix from 2010 that's pretty damn good, also.
Alex Threat
quote:
quote:
Couple Quosh anthems

I was pleased when that 'Kick It' release came out, as it had the Bonkers 7 version on it. I got the original one back in 1999 on the week it was released.

The track was actually called 'Alive' originally. I have a JB remix from 2010 that's pretty damn good, also.

Yeah, I love this version of it, but the original is also a classic. Ah did it, that's something i didn't know about it! JB remix, don't think i have heard that one?
Samination
quote:
quote:
Couple Quosh anthems

Still got the original vinyl (not the quosh repress)? I wanna verify if 3 other tracks that came with the vinylgroover bundle are infact the ones that appeared on the same release
Si Thompson I remember getting this in 2003. The inclusion of 'Sweet Harmony' vocals and piano works nicely.

Alex Threat This is an absolute beast

Si Thompson
quote:
This is an absolute beast

Got this. I also have the VIP mixes. I got them back in the day with some other exclusives when Quosh had a shop.
Alex Threat Yeah, it is usually my go to tune when i am mixing on the 1210s. love that bouncy sound. Don't think i have heard the VIP mix of it
Si Thompson
quote:
Yeah, it is usually my go to tune when i am mixing on the 1210s. love that bouncy sound. Don't think i have heard the VIP mix of it

Will drop it in my next UK Hardcore mix, along with that JB 'Kick It' remix.
Alex Threat Nice one, i will definitely have a listen!
Si Thompson Quality release. Both tracks made late 2004 but released in 2005.

My sort of UK Hardcore.

Si Thompson Wish I had the longer version of this.

Seduction played it @ Uproar 'Winter Wonderland' in December 2004. It starts with a kick.

Si Thompson Lovely stuff. I remember Seduction playing this in 2004 @ HTID.

Si Thompson This will be 20 years old in 2 years time. Madness.

I remember buying it the week it got released.

Samination ah yes, that typical choppiness of Raver Baby vinyls. Gotta love it
Si Thompson I'm gonna drop this again in the thread. Such a wicked tune.

That early, fat Raver Baby, Kick.

IceJockey Found this in Bonkers 13 and man it is nice to listen to, and the lyrics really top it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kovmLAMmZvg
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by IceJockey:
Found this in Bonkers 13 and man it is nice to listen to, and the lyrics really top it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kovmLAMmZvg

Yep. Quality track.
Sulphurik
quote:
I'm gonna drop this again in the thread. Such a wicked tune.

That early, fat Raver Baby, Kick.

Yes great track, probably one of the best Raver Baby tracks. Would be nice to get digital copy of this. Might not be too much longer for this to happen.
Si Thompson I quite liked this back in the day.

LeVzi
quote:
I quite liked this back in the day.

There is a way better version of that, but i've never managed to find it, but its on this mix comes in about 22 minutes , I remember it from the actual night, awesome night that was.

If anyone knows who done that version, or if it's around anywhere, let me know :)

If anyone wants to hear a MASSIVE Set that tore up the main arena then check out Slipmatts. He stole the show again, and the place was off its tits for his hour. I personally never seen a crowd go from mediocre to manic in 2 seconds flat when people heard the On Top remix coming in.

Charlie B just capped it.
Alex Threat
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

There is a way better version of that, but i've never managed to find it, but its on this mix comes in about 22 minutes , I remember it from the actual night, awesome night that was.

If anyone knows who done that version, or if it's around anywhere, let me know :)

Probably cos that version is unreleased. It's 'Force & Styles 'With Or Without You'.

I've had this version cut to a 12 inch white label.
Si Thompson One of my favourites from 2002. I remember Sy playing it at Slammin' Vinyl in November 2002.

LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:

Probably cos that version is unreleased. It's 'Force & Styles 'With Or Without You'.

I've had this version cut to a 12 inch white label.

Shame they didn't release it, the styles n breeze version isn't as good imo.
Si Thompson This proper reminds me of the year 2000. Slammin' Vinyl & Future Dance.

Great times!

Si Thompson This is a quality set.

Si Thompson I remember picking this up in 2008 on vinyl.

Si Thompson Played this the other night. I love those old 2000 vibes.

This version isn't on YouTube, so I've just uploaded it.

HTODCam
Hi there,

I wonder if you guys can help me ID a track, please?

I downloaded it many years ago, and gave it the title "JHAL - Rushhour".
It is obviously a remix of the song by DJ Magical, but I am unable to find the above-named version of the song anywhere! I think it is Lisa Abbott singing in the "JHAL" version. It is not any of the 1996 remixes, nor of any of the 2012 remixes, as I downloaded this song before then (maybe 2008?).

I have added a link to my dropbox page where I have the song stored: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nrczfhg0z73mn6/Rushhour.mp3?dl=0

Any ideas would be great!
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by HTODCam:

Hi there,

I wonder if you guys can help me ID a track, please?

I downloaded it many years ago, and gave it the title "JHAL - Rushhour".
It is obviously a remix of the song by DJ Magical, but I am unable to find the above-named version of the song anywhere! I think it is Lisa Abbott singing in the "JHAL" version. It is not any of the 1996 remixes, nor of any of the 2012 remixes, as I downloaded this song before then (maybe 2008?).

I have added a link to my dropbox page where I have the song stored: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nrczfhg0z73mn6/Rushhour.mp3?dl=0

Any ideas would be great!

I can't find anything on that version, there is a Chwhynny remix with Lisa Abbott vocals.

Samination There's a reason why it's called JHAL, since it sounds very DJ Fade:ey

https://www.discogs.com/Fade-Kelly-Damaged-Rush-Hourz/release/2763123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chl_1W0UF9A
Si Thompson
HTODCam
quote:
There's a reason why it's called JHAL, since it sounds very DJ Fade:ey

What a find!! Thank you so much. Hopefully, I can get a far better quality version than the one I have now I know the official name.
Samination
quote:
quote:

What a find!! Thank you so much. Hopefully, I can get a far better quality version than the one I have now I know the official name.

have fun finding it. seems like the vinyl can go for a pretty penny
Si Thompson
quote:
Nice one, i will definitely have a listen!

Both 'Kick It' JB-C Remix and 'Keep The Crowd Jumping VIP mix' are on the set I just posted in the mix section.

Anyway. Here is the mix with track-list.

- Out Of Order - The Dark Sheep
- Lavery - End Of Time (Si Thompson Remix)
- Gappa G & Hyper Hypa - River Nijer (Nookie Remix)
- Vibes & Hattrixx Feat. Billy Bunter - Time Flies
- Vibes & Hattrixx - Playin' Ruff (Si Thompson?s 4-Beat Remix)
- Ray & GOD - Release Of Fantasy (Vipe Remix)
- The Collective - Kick It (JB-C Re-Edit Boot)
- Si Thompson - Release Of Harmony
- Breeze & Stompy - Uproar
- Vibes & Hattrixx - Gotta Be Real (Si Thompson's Bubble Gum Mix)
- NP Source - Sudden Impact
- ???? - Diving Faces 2008
- Rapido - Inside Beat (Haze Remix)
- Sy & Unknown - Keep The Crowd Jumpin' (VIP Mix)
9oh9
quote:
quote:

Check your messages on here
Si Thompson
Si Thompson

Si Thompson
Si Thompson I picked this up on vinyl the first week of January 2000. Made in 1999, but released in 2000.

I remember getting handed a pile of new stuff in the record shop and I instantly recognised this from the Vibes NYE set at the last Helter Skelter.

Lovely little track. Faze Freak was a decent label, although, short lived.

Si Thompson This is actually my favourite version out of all the versions.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson This was a decent track. Totally forgot about it.

Samination
quote:
This was a decent track. Totally forgot about it.

Wish Demand would release more of his stuff, like Start Like This
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

I wish these were available digitally.
Si Thompson
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

that too. Pitchshifter always felt like the intro was cut (the bars doesnt align properly)
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that too. Pitchshifter always felt like the intro was cut (the bars doesnt align properly)

It's just 8 bar short on the intro, or 8 bars too long, whichever way you want to look at it.

Easy fix. Just mix the track in 8 bars early. Plenty of tracks around like that.
Samination Couldn't find Why? on youtube, so I uploaded it

Si Thompson
quote:
Couldn't find Why? on youtube, so I uploaded it

Nice one.

I've been doing that lately. Checking what's not on YouTube and making a folder to upload them.
Si Thompson
Si Thompson Fookin' MEGA.

IceJockey Really love this track! It is very rich in keeping you moving.
Originally mixed from Hardcore Underground 5
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by IceJockey:
Really love this track! It is very rich in keeping you moving.
Originally mixed from Hardcore Underground 5

Sound. Ice Jockey, Lad..
Si Thompson Love that 2004 sound.

Sulphurik
quote:
Love that 2004 sound.

Yeah was decent track from Gammer.
Sulphurik Great to hear this again

Si Thompson Played this the other night.

Si Thompson I quite liked Adam Harris.

LeVzi Adam Harris is decent, this is always on my playlist when I do listen to UK Hardcore

Samination Never really liked Harris, or most of the stuff that appeared on Hixxy's mix since bonkers 13
Anon. TUNE!

Samination
quote:
TUNE!

I think you misunderstood the idea behind this thread :P
Si Thompson
quote:
Never really liked Harris

He wasn't too fussed about you either.
Si Thompson
quote:
TUNE!

Samination
quote:
quote:

At least he's still more friendly to talk to than you
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:

At least he's still more friendly to talk to than you

Your opinion doesn't matter.
Samination
quote:

just as much as I care about 8.5% of yours
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Come on man. At least round it up to 10%.
Si Thompson I remember playing this around late 2003.

Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then I want you to increase my ID guessing rate!
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then I want you to increase my ID guessing rate!

You've done well of late. I'll give you that.
Si Thompson Two very different mixes on one vinyl. I like both.

Samination Raw Elements really had a good run when it was still releasing vinyl, especially on the Freeform side
Si Thompson
quote:
Raw Elements really had a good run when it was still releasing vinyl, especially on the Freeform side

For sure. I used to buy all the new vinyl releases in the early 2000s.
hevan
quote:
I remember playing this around late 2003.

One of my favourites right now
Si Thompson I played this in my sets all through the summer of 2006.

Si Thompson Great time period for UK Hardcore.

9oh9 Future Set was an absoutely pivotal track IMO, defined the sound for a good few years to come.
Si Thompson
quote:
Future Set was an absoutely pivotal track IMO, defined the sound for a good few years to come.

Yeah. You're right.
9oh9 The Breeze & Styles disc on "Masters Of Hardcore" is pretty much a Breeze & Styles artist album, full of that sort of sound. Am sure you've heard it before, but if not it's well worth a listen!

Si Thompson Such a nice remix. Really captures that mid 2000s vibe.

LeVzi
quote:
Such a nice remix. Really captures that mid 2000s vibe.

yeah thats still one of my fav tracks from that era
Samination
quote:
The Breeze & Styles disc on "Masters Of Hardcore" is pretty much a Breeze & Styles artist album, full of that sort of sound. Am sure you've heard it before, but if not it's well worth a listen!

9oh9
quote:

As far as I remember this was comissioned as part of the Kniteforce 18th birthday celebrations. I remember being at Elation for the official party and hearing Brisk playing this for the first time, killer remix!
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

As far as I remember this was comissioned as part of the Kniteforce 18th birthday celebrations. I remember being at Elation for the official party and hearing Brisk playing this for the first time, killer remix!

Elation. Now that's a blast from the past. Ponder & HB from the good old days on USH.

Yep. My favourite remix of this track.
Si Thompson Decent release. Hasn't aged badly at all, especially considering it's now 20 years old.

Si Thompson Another track that captures that wicked 2000s vibe.

9oh9 Love "Get Hype"; that recording is from Bonkers 9; first Bonkers album where I was old enough to go to raves. I remember not being convinced by Bonkers 8, then listening to Scott's mix on Bonkers 9 and being blown away again...
Impulse_Response Yeah great track. I wish the Bonkers 9 version were available instead of the version that got released.
Si Thompson Drinking Magners on the decks late 2006 playing these Raver Baby vinyl packs.

IceJockey
Si Thompson Another track that captures that wicked 2000s vibe.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson

Si Thompson I found this the other day digging through some tunes.

Mental_Adam The genre had a pretty good run during the 2000's in the UK

There is so much you can mention and lots of things you can link to why the genre became a great alternative to the mainstream in the 2000s.

Si Thompson Superb remix. Always liked Flyin' & Sparky's stuff.

9oh9 The Sy & Unknown mix of Drift was the one for me!
Si Thompson
quote:
The Sy & Unknown mix of Drift was the one for me!

I liked it in 2004. However, That donk style bass Quosh was using around the time has aged badly IMO.
Sulphurik
quote:
Superb remix. Always liked Flyin' & Sparky's stuff.

Yeah liked this one also.
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Superb remix. Always liked Flyin' & Sparky's stuff.

Yeah liked this one also.

I played it the other night.
Sulphurik Definately one of my favourites from 2000s.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
quote:
Definately one of my favourites from 2000s.

Yep. Very nice. I played the Gammer remix in a set this year. I love the main lead on that.
Si Thompson
Sulphurik CLSM came into my mind earlier, always liked this one. Great to hear again! Love the piano melody in breakdown. Listened to the Breaks Mix which hadn't heard before which is good, like the sound of the soft synth melody used in the breakdown.

Sulphurik
Si Thompson
quote:
CLSM came into my mind earlier, always liked this one. Great to hear again! Love the piano melody in breakdown. Listened to the Breaks Mix which hadn't heard before which is good, like the sound of the soft synth melody used in the breakdown.

I particularly liked this release from CLSM. I remember Sy playing it @ Slammin' Vinyl in 2002.

Sulphurik
quote:

I particularly liked this release from CLSM. I remember Sy playing it @ Slammin' Vinyl in 2002.

Yeah remember this release - liked sound of it.

Their debut release seems to be Reaching Out/ Can you feel it. Heard latter before which is decent. Hadn't heard Reaching out original before, great to hear it (I remember the CLSM & Billy Bunter remix).

This track below was a big one!

Si Thompson Playing this in my New Years Eve set.

Samination
quote:
Playing this in my New Years Eve set.

definitely a underrated track
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:

Heard it today on a Sy set and forgot how good it was.
9oh9
quote:
quote:

Yeah remember this release - liked sound of it.

Their debut release seems to be Reaching Out/ Can you feel it. Heard latter before which is decent. Hadn't heard Reaching out original before, great to hear it (I remember the CLSM & Billy Bunter remix).

This track below was a big one!

All the early CLSM stuff was brilliant (and the later stuff too tbh). I really miss that style, and the stuff that was coming out on labels like Raw Elements from the likes of Stargazer too; not-too-cheesy hard trance influenced, ravey, breakbeaty hardcore. It never really got the support it deserved, guess it got lumped in with "freeform" at the time which looking back wasn't really fair.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Heard it today on a Sy set and forgot how good it was.

was one of the first 10 vinyls I had bought myself
Si Thompson Still sounds great.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson 2004 was ace for Freeform.

Samination Wished Gammer made freeform, but supposedly he hated the genre even more than uk hardcore, and we all know how he feels about being forced...
Si Thompson
quote:
Wished Gammer made freeform, but supposedly he hated the genre even more than uk hardcore, and we all know how he feels about being forced...

Me too. I miss this type of Freeform. Proper full of energy. During this time period I was buying every new release.
Anon.
quote:
Wished Gammer made freeform, but supposedly he hated the genre even more than uk hardcore, and we all know how he feels about being forced...

Why did he continue to produce it if he hated it ? Or was he forced to make UK hardcore ?

DJ Hellfury
quote:
quote:

Why did he continue to produce it if he hated it ? Or was he forced to make UK hardcore ?

"making fans happy and then realizing you can't be stuck with the same sound forever"-feeling
Si Thompson Played this in my set Sunday night. Must be the first time I have played it since 2007.

Samination
quote:
Played this in my set Sunday night. Must be the first time I have played it since 2007.

never heard that one until today.
robertybob
quote:
quote:
Played this in my set Sunday night. Must be the first time I have played it since 2007.

That piano riff sounds very familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on where I've heard it before
Samination Other Draft & Method (or Storm & Spinback) tracks from around 2004-2005? :P
Si Thompson Not a bad remix. I remember playing this back in the day before I got hold of the original.

Anon.
quote:
quote:

Thats the Ultravibes Remix not the original. Dont know if the original ever seen light of day, I could never find it.

Maybe if Al storm sees this he could elaborate on this.

Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats the Ultravibes Remix not the original. Dont know if the original ever seen light of day, I could never find it.

Maybe if Al storm sees this he could elaborate on this.

come to think about it, it doesnt really sound like anything storm and/or spinback did back then XD

Sadly, I never bought it when the Draft & Method tracks had their original run on imodownload.
Si Thompson Played this in my set on Friday night.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson This is going in tonight's set.

Si Thompson I remember hearing this early 2006. Really liked it at the time. Still holds up pretty well.

Si Thompson Forgot about this one.

possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWjvjwaLI34&ab_channel=CraigC
Fracus - Mirage
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by possys2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWjvjwaLI34&ab_channel=CraigC
Fracus - Mirage

Played the Brisk & Ham mix of this in a set recently.
Si Thompson One of my favourites from 2007.

Sulphurik
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWjvjwaLI34&ab_channel=CraigC
Fracus - Mirage

Yes nice track
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
quote:
This is going in tonight's set.

Always liked this one from Sparky!

Si Thompson
possys2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MJNrB5VEU&ab_channel=HardcoreClassics

always liked this one.
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
quote:
Forgot about this one.

Always liked the sound of the old skool style riff in this one.

A classic track with a similar style riff came into my mind is Druid & Sharkey - Rocket to the moon.
LeVzi Give me the A side of that Quosh record anyday, I love this Adam Harris Sy Uknown remix of hyperspeed. Wicked track

Si Thompson Cracking remix.

Sulphurik
quote:
Cracking remix.

Yes that was! As can see on the video, it was unreleased - this should have been!
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Cracking remix.

Yes that was! As can see on the video, it was unreleased - this should have been!

It's out there. I have it. I dropped it in a fair few sets last year.
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson Proper takes me back to 2007.

possys2
Si Thompson Always liked this. First heard it late 2004.

Sulphurik

What a track this was and still is!

Hadn't heard Kick Ya before - like sound of it.
Si Thompson
Sulphurik
Si Thompson
quote:

About 7 years too late for this thread.
Sulphurik
possys2
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Samination Re-listened to UFO - Hardcore when I re-ripped the vinyl. I don't know if it was because of the vinyl, but the track really sounds like its missing things (not the high-hats, they were there)
Compulsion It was a great time to be involved.
Samination Because you posted, obligotary Compulsion track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpBMC0S2YYA&t=2691s
Sadly don't think timestamps work on the embedded version so I wont bother using it

Edit: Completely forgot you had posted on my youtube link a year ago
possys2
possys2
Compulsion
quote:

Ah man, I haven't heard that in a very long time. Thanks for posting it!

Funny story: the original version of this that went out in promo packs was a lot more insulting and landed me in quite a lot of trouble, and rightly so. We had to tone it down a bit before we released it. I remember one particularly heated phone call that came off the back of that original promo version.

That aside, I had so much fun making this with Sam. He was, at that point, (and still is) one of the best hard producers on the planet and getting to work with him at this stage in his career was an absolute joy. It was when he was beginning to properly forge that sound he has become famous for and I remember recording the vocals on our phones and purposefully trawling those Vanguard packs for generic samples and the heat of Australia at the time we recorded it and the birds in the background and the echo and Sam's awesome garage studio that he had just built. Man, this was a good time.

Sam also said before we sent it out that we were going to cop a lot of shit for it.

I miss the early 2000s.

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Compulsion:
quote:

Ah man, I haven't heard that in a very long time. Thanks for posting it!

Funny story: the original version of this that went out in promo packs was a lot more insulting and landed me in quite a lot of trouble, and rightly so. We had to tone it down a bit before we released it. I remember one particularly heated phone call that came off the back of that original promo version.

That aside, I had so much fun making this with Sam. He was, at that point, (and still is) one of the best hard producers on the planet and getting to work with him at this stage in his career was an absolute joy. It was when he was beginning to properly forge that sound he has become famous for and I remember recording the vocals on our phones and purposefully trawling those Vanguard packs for generic samples and the heat of Australia at the time we recorded it and the birds in the background and the echo and Sam's awesome garage studio that he had just built. Man, this was a good time.

Sam also said before we sent it out that we were going to cop a lot of shit for it.

I miss the early 2000s.

I've always considered this track pure genius. I'm guessing this was made with a 32-bit DAW given the time I first heard it. Can imagine the cpu hog this project must've been.
possys2 anyone got the promo version? would love to hear it.
n yes orbit1 done some proper choons, thug connected remix, charly remix, jibba jabba and of course, everywhere i turn remix
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

Both sides are good. Quality release.
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
quote:
anyone got the promo version? would love to hear it.
n yes orbit1 done some proper choons, thug connected remix, charly remix, jibba jabba and of course, everywhere i turn remix

I would like to hear it also.
possys2
Si Thompson Played that Compulsion & Orbit 1 track last night. I like it!
Si Thompson One of my favourite Quosh releases post 2000.

Si Thompson Played this in my mix on Thursday. Good old 2000s vibe.

possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

I remember hearing this on the first HTID pack in 2004 (I think).

Uplift tape. Wicked set.
possys2 yes is a nice little track. one that i dont have on vinyl for some reason... i get it at my xmas discogs visit, always nice to have some vinyl to open on xmas day. and you dont have to wrap them either ;)
possys2
meran05
quote:

Still annoys the like out of me that they never released the original.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by meran05:
quote:

Original?
From what I know, these 2 tracks were written on a commission by DJ Anabolic Frolic. I've never heard of any original to this track,
meran05
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by meran05:
quote:

Original?
From what I know, these 2 tracks were written on a commission by DJ Anabolic Frolic. I've never heard of any original to this track,

Yep, the version that exists on the free CD from the Uproar - All Systems Go Tape-Pack. It's the very last track, and puts this version on it's ass.

I should upload to Youtube.
possys2 you should :) i havent heard it either
Samination no one has apparently uploaded the F&S mix online either :/
Si Thompson Just uploaded. Enjoy!

Si Thompson
Samination
quote:

bloody hell I recognize that melody from somewhere
9oh9
quote:
Just uploaded. Enjoy!

Nice one! And thanks to meran05 for flagging it up, very rare that I get to listen to a Force & Styles track that I've never heard before anymore (have to say I prefer the version that was released on vinyl, but it's cool to hear an alternative take on it!)
9oh9 ...There were actually a few tracks on that mix I was curious about, if anyone fancies helping out with a tracklist: here!
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Just uploaded. Enjoy!

Nice one! And thanks to meran05 for flagging it up, very rare that I get to listen to a Force & Styles track that I've never heard before anymore (have to say I prefer the version that was released on vinyl, but it's cool to hear an alternative take on it!)

I prefer the vinyl release version too. I have replied to your ID post.
possys2 i like the piano, but still think the vinyl one is better
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Just uploaded. Enjoy!

Both tracks are good but prefer the original version from the All System Go CD.
Samination sounds more like a "in progress" version if you ask me. Definitely prefer vinyl version
Sulphurik
quote:
sounds more like a "in progress" version if you ask me. Definitely prefer vinyl version

The original is a more recognisable sounding Force & Styles track than vinyl version surely? Original does remind me of Unique eg. Shooting Star remix
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2
Claxton New mix with exclusively 2000's Vocal Anthems!!!!!

Tracklist:
01. Lisa Abbott - Blow Me Away (Styles & Breeze Hardcore Mix)
02. Dougal & Gammer vs. Mickey Skedale and Jenna - Guitar Hero vs Through The Darkness (Technikore Remix)
03. Eclipse feat. Lisa Marie - Hearts Desire (Original Mix)
04. Al Storm & Orbit1 feat Lisa Abbott - Falling Through (Nu Foundation Remix)
05. Brisk & Ham - Fire & Flames (Original Mix)
06. Joey Riot & Technotrance feat. Angel Eyez - Together Again (Sy And Unknown Remix)
07. Phenex & Nu Foundation feat. Le Kat - Power Of Goodbye (Nu Foundation Mix)
08. Impact & Resist feat. Lisa Abbott - All I Want (Sy & Unknown Remix)
09. Brisk & Ham - In Your Life (Gammer Mix)
10. Nysse & Hinton Feat. Pascale - Silverwater (Darren Styles Remix)
11. Ultrabeat vs. Hypasonic - You Will See (Re-Con & Squad-E Remix)
12. Eclipse - Things You Do (Gammer Mix)
13. Geos Crew Feat. Zara - Shine (Breeze Remix)
14. Impact & Resist - Sunrise (JTS & Haze Remix)
15. Weaver - Falling In (Hixxy Remix)
16. Darren Styles & Mark Breeze Present Infextious - Let Me Fly (Styles & Breeze Remix)
17. Dougal & Gammer feat Jenna - Paradise
18. Chris Unknown & Re-Con - If You Surrender
19. Audioscape & Kelly C - No More Rain (Sparky Hardcore Remix)
20. Angel Eyez - Twilight (Deejay Bee & In Effect Remix)
21. Weaver & Andy L feat. Fran - Cannonball
22. Technikore ft. Alison Wade - Feel Alive (Original Mix)
23. Dougal & Gammer feat. Jenna - Heaven on Earth
24. Brisk & Darwin - Never Been Away
25. Fracus & Sam Honey - What It Feels Like
26. Audiojunkie & Stylus feat Rach - Free (Hardcore Mix)
27. Al Storm feat Taya - Stars Collide
28. Fracus & Gavin G - Open Your Eyes To Love (Original Mix)
29. Phenex feat. Le Kat - So Naive
30. Scott Brown & DMO - Really Need You (Original Mix)
Si Thompson
possys2 the above track

wish i got the raverbaby promo when it came out, was meant to be raverbaby 9 i think, with let there be light on the other side.
could imagine it sells for a few quid now a days. probs worth ?100
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:
the above track

wish i got the raverbaby promo when it came out, was meant to be raverbaby 9 i think, with let there be light on the other side.
could imagine it sells for a few quid now a days. probs worth ?100

I got it for a decent price about 10 years ago.
Si Thompson
possys2
Anon.
quote:
Give me the A side of that Quosh record anyday, I love this Adam Harris Sy Uknown remix of hyperspeed. Wicked track

Cant find the original anywhere, seems to be a common thing with AH's tunes.

Dont know if this is common knowledge but the main melody in that tune is actually a vengeance midi that was part of a midi pack back in 07-08 I believe.

Al storm also used this midi in his remix of DJ Seductions track "The Devil":

EDIT* just realised the Sy and Unknown version was 2006, so im confused. There was deffo a vengeance sample midi pack with this midi in it.

Si Thompson The Sy & Unknown remix was released in May 2007 according to Discogs. I don't recall it being played in 2006. I picked it up in 2007 also.
DJ Bounce
quote:
quote:
Give me the A side of that Quosh record anyday, I love this Adam Harris Sy Uknown remix of hyperspeed. Wicked track

Cant find the original anywhere, seems to be a common thing with AH's tunes.

Dont know if this is common knowledge but the main melody in that tune is actually a vengeance midi that was part of a midi pack back in 07-08 I believe.

Was it a Vengeance MIDI or VIPZone MIDI?

Al storm also used this midi in his remix of DJ Seductions track "The Devil":

EDIT* just realised the Sy and Unknown version was 2006, so im confused. There was deffo a vengeance sample midi pack with this midi in it.

Anon.
quote:
The Sy & Unknown remix was released in May 2007 according to Discogs. I don't recall it being played in 2006. I picked it up in 2007 also.

Its on bonkers 16 which was released mid 2006.

DJ Bounce, i cant remember, all i know is that it was part of a midi pack from vengeance.

Maybe Al Storm can clarify ? I know he posts here now and again.
Anon. Darwin was something else back in the late 00's, such epic tunes

DJ Bounce
quote:
quote:
The Sy & Unknown remix was released in May 2007 according to Discogs. I don't recall it being played in 2006. I picked it up in 2007 also.

Its on bonkers 16 which was released mid 2006.

DJ Bounce, i cant remember, all i know is that it was part of a midi pack from vengeance.

Maybe Al Storm can clarify ? I know he posts here now and again.

Aye I'm pretty sure it was from a VIPZone midi pack and not Vengeance.
Si Thompson
Anon.
9oh9
quote:

I've definitely got a soft spot for this kind of massively cheesy ballad track. Dougal/Gammer/Styles were great at it!
possys2
Samination Man, so much of the early 2000's are lost. I think people have been able to "source" or "update" more from the late 90's than they have from the early 2000's
Si Thompson End of the 2000s, but I loved this track when it came out.

Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
quote:

My favourite RFU release.
Anon.

Orbit1 AKA Sam Gonzalez never got the full recognition he deserved back in the day, and I believe the politics at that time played a part in that.

He was miles above everyone at that time except maybe Gammer, who whether or not you liked him, you cant deny he made some good tunes back then.
Si Thompson
Decky_G
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Decky_G:

Love it. That 2002 era was ace.
Decky_G
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Decky_G:

Love it. That 2002 era was ace.

100% mate. Also loved Kaos sound in general.
Si Thompson
Decky_G A very underrated tune if you ask me!

possys2
Si Thompson
Samination
quote:
Orbit1 AKA Sam Gonzalez never got the full recognition he deserved back in the day, and I believe the politics at that time played a part in that.

He was miles above everyone at that time except maybe Gammer, who whether or not you liked him, you cant deny he made some good tunes back then.

Really? Everyone I know kept talking about him. And sure, almost no one could penetrate the "Top Tier" unless they had like prior connections with AATW or something...
robertybob
quote:

"Bring round, bring me round.. bring me round to love.."

Took me YEARS to figure out where that riff was copied from
possys2
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:

I think that was just a common progression Scott used around the time. I've never heard it with Bring Me Around to Love (until I heard SB's remix today)
Sulphurik What a track this was and Breeze & Styles remix also

Sulphurik
quote:

Loved this, one of my fav tracks from Bonkers X
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think that was just a common progression Scott used around the time. I've never heard it with Bring Me Around to Love (until I heard SB's remix today)

This was a great remix from M-Project. Probably as good as the original.
iforgotmylogin so I have been doing some mixes for a local radio station and pulled out some of my old hardcore vinyl from this time & remembered how banging the tunes were....

I had a great time recording this mix and thought some in this thread might enjoy it as well...

Lee UHF - New City (DJ Kurt Remix)
UK Hardcore - Go Crazy (Gammer Remix)
DJ Kurt - Break the Law
Fergus Mayhem - Take Control
Storm & Euphony - First Kontakt
Joey Riot - Disco Shit
Gammer - The Call
DJ Kurt - Kick Ya
Stormtrooper - Hard 2 Da Core
Dj Kurt - Secret Raver
Scott Brown - I Became Hardcore
Dj Kurt - Don?t Hold Your Breath
Mayhem & Hektik Ft Cube::Hard - God?s Unwanted Children
Invassior - Oppo Hymn
Evil Activities vs The Viper - Project Hardcore (Nexes Remix)
Angels of Darkness - The Scorpion King (Weapon X Remix)
Hellsystem - Cazzi Amari
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson
possys2
Si Thompson Played in pretty much every 2004 DJ Sy set.

Si Thompson
Si Thompson
Si Thompson Always liked this Vibes & Hattrixx track.

Sulphurik What a track this was!

There was a Digital Re-Master in 2021

Sulphurik Hadn't heard this one, on same release as Punk

Sulphurik Came across this track & compilation. Hadn't heard of this compilation - from 2009. This sounds ok, seems to be one of the better tracks from it. It's one of the triplet style tracks. Listened to some other tracks on album, there are some poor tracks on it.

robertybob
quote:
Came across this track & compilation. Hadn't heard of this compilation - from 2009. This sounds ok, seems to be one of the better tracks from it. It's one of the triplet style tracks. Listened to some other tracks on album, there are some poor tracks on it.

Cor that artwork is just a little bit Clubland-ish isn't it
Sulphurik
quote:
quote:
Came across this track & compilation. Hadn't heard of this compilation - from 2009. This sounds ok, seems to be one of the better tracks from it. It's one of the triplet style tracks. Listened to some other tracks on album, there are some poor tracks on it.

Cor that artwork is just a little bit Clubland-ish isn't it

Yes just a bit!
chappy_hardcore
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by chappy_hardcore:

Great remix.

It took 7.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page