Radio listeners 153+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven 7

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Vladel God I really wanted to like this and HU managed to get previews up for once also (32 of 40).

Plus points;

- Sensible pricing (Al storm please take note)
- Previews being available
- Dual ownership as normal

Drawbacks;

- Doesn't sound like the best Fracus & Darwin can achieve
- HU seem to have insisted disk 2 is a pop disk again.
Alex Threat Got this the other day. I'll give it a solid 8 out of 10. Enjoyed the Fracus & Darwin mix as per, different to a lot of the mainstream stuff you hear. Mike Reverie mix is decent, but not so many new tracks.

Drawback of the single tracks.... Quite a few of the tracks on the Mike Reverie mix are radio edits. I'm guessing it could be down to licensing issues?

Other than that as you said, priced cheap enough.

?15 for high quality single tracks (25 - 30 I'd guess at because of the radio edits), isn't so bad either.
Vladel That's pretty shit if they are edits because the description says "full length tracks"
Alex Threat Sorry, There is only 3 actually. They are tracks that are already released too:

Man On The Moon (Radio Mix) - Darren Styles & Stonebank

Neon Hearts (Radio Mix) - Darren Styles Feat. PollyAnna

Wait For Me (Radio Edit) - Callum Higby
trippnface I'm a little surprised they keep giving the 2nd disc to that slow whiny hardstyle sound instead of the loads of amazing frenchcore/gabber being produced all over the place.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
I'm a little surprised they keep giving the 2nd disc to that slow whiny hardstyle sound instead of the loads of amazing frenchcore/gabber being produced all over the place.

Amen to that.
robertybob
quote:
I'm a little surprised they keep giving the 2nd disc to that slow whiny hardstyle sound instead of the loads of amazing frenchcore/gabber being produced all over the place.

I'd like to see a second disc of just J-Core , Japanese producers are putting out so much good stuff lately!
Samination The same thing could be said about CD1 though. "It's always just Fracus & Darwin"

I presume the deal was "One CD with HU's rules and Second CD with Slammin's rules"
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:

I'd like to see a second disc of just J-Core , Japanese producers are putting out so much good stuff lately!

sweeet, shoot me some stuff to check out i been outta the j core search for a while
Jacco
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
Sorry, There is only 3 actually. They are tracks that are already released too:

Man On The Moon (Radio Mix) - Darren Styles & Stonebank

Neon Hearts (Radio Mix) - Darren Styles Feat. PollyAnna

Wait For Me (Radio Edit) - Callum Higby

It also says on the website
quote:

*As always, this purchase guarantees all the full length tracks from the album too. However there are a handful of titles where a licence for the 'Extended Mix' was simply not made possible, and only 'Radio Edits' could be licensed. So it's basically... 35 full length tracks, and 4 radio versions.

Alex Threat Yeah, you are right. There are only 3 tracks are listed as radio edits in the folders. But I'm guessing you could count "drowning in your love" as a radio edit or intro version... So yeah, there are 4 all together including this track
Craigavon raver Yeah got my copy about 2 weeks ago but haven't got round to listening to it yet, listened to fracus & darwins mix on the 15 year anniversary album the other day, some quality tunes on there, and I actually thought to myself "wanna compare this mix to hardcore heaven 7" i'll find out shortly enough
Winterlake I've listened to both CDs 3 or 4 times now and both are great, showing you the modern flavours of this genre.

Can't complain about any of it.
warped_candykid I definitely enjoyed CD 2 more, but is it really UK Hardcore? Just seems like UK Hardcore inspired Hardstyle.
Winterlake It's 160Hardcore, that seems to be the preferred term being knocked about, Reverie/Mike Enemy are def at the front of this sound in the UK.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I definitely enjoyed CD 2 more, but is it really UK Hardcore? Just seems like UK Hardcore inspired Hardstyle.

Meanwhile, the big boys are actually making bangers

No idea why we can't get mixes/comps of stuff like this.

You know, shit we could actually sweat and stomp too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sveAJTnFwFo
Vladel
quote:
quote:
I definitely enjoyed CD 2 more, but is it really UK Hardcore? Just seems like UK Hardcore inspired Hardstyle.

Meanwhile, the big boys are actually making bangers

No idea why we can't get mixes/comps of stuff like this.

You know, shit we could actually sweat and stomp too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sveAJTnFwFo

He is the master
Craigavon raver
quote:

No way lad, i thought fracus & darwins mix was pretty good, lots of 90's happy hardcore sounding tracks etc, right up my street! But in saying that after a couple of listens in the car, cd 2 is alright, couple of shite ones and maybe a we bit to slow in places but can listen to the odd time, but def cd 1 for me, but each to there own i suppose.

It took 1.4 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page