Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Remixes I Prefer To The Original

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson Here are some Happy Hardcore remixes I prefer over the original.

Feel free to add some of your own.

Si Thompson Some more...

Gazza1712 Agree with most of your choices here but the Hixxy remix of cloudy daze was poor, and also the f&s remix of shooting star wasn?t there best work. The brisk and Ham version on the other side was much better,
Just my opinion
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Agree with most of your choices here but the Hixxy remix of cloudy daze was poor, and also the f&s remix of shooting star wasn?t there best work. The brisk and Ham version on the other side was much better,
Just my opinion

I like the Hixxy remix because it has that proper early 2000s UK Hardcore vibe. That early UFO sound, which would then be emulated in tracks like 'Deep Inside' and 'Welcome'.

Brisk & Ham's 1999 remix of 'Shooting Star' was excellent, but I'm a sucker for the flip. That lovely intro arpeggio. It's not their best work, I agree, but it's my favourite out of the first four mixes that were made.
DJ_FunDaBounce

now this was THE remix!! :)
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:

That is the 1996 original version.
DJ_FunDaBounce always thought the hardlife version was the original and this one the Kinetic mix.
Samination

DJ Rx - Hell Fire (ElectriX remix) = https://youtu.be/UpBMC0S2YYA?t=2223 (used to be on soundcloud but can't find it)
Si Thompson
quote:
always thought the hardlife version was the original and this one the Kinetic mix.

It was released on Club Kinetic's record label in 1996, but it's the original version with that title.

The Hard Life album remixes are from 1998. There's two in fact.

DJ_FunDaBounce Thanks for clearing that up, Si.

When I eventually got around to hearing the hardlife version, it sounded like a watered down/un-polished version of the club kinetic one, hence the confusion.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

That is the 1996 original version.

This one is the best
Mickey Init
quote:
Brisk & Ham's 1999 remix of 'Shooting Star' was excellent, but I'm a sucker for the flip. That lovely intro arpeggio. It's not their best work, I agree, but it's my favourite out of the first four mixes that were made.

I'm with you! All 4 mixes were 10/10 but the F&S mix was certainly the best.
Agree with Find A Way, too. Another one where the original is excellent but the (F&B) remix smashes it out of the park.

DJ Bounce
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:

One of the best ****ing remixes ever.
DJ Bounce I'll take it a generation forward with this one.

Si Thompson That's a cracking list, Mickey. I agree with all of those. I actually like the original 'Simply Electric' purely for the last breakdown, but the remix is far superior IMO. That intro piano is amazing.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
I'll take it a generation forward with this one.

I played this back in January. I was listening to the mix today. I agree, this is defo my favourite version.
Si Thompson Here's some more.

Si Thompson

possys2

Si Thompson I agree with most of them, Possys. I just prefer the original 'Deep Inside' to the remixes.
possys2 i hear ya. i do like me drum n bass drops tho. :) (plus the other side, connected is awesome)

infact ufo done a deep inside remix with a different drum n bass drop to the one that was released. im sure it was on a slammin vinyl tape from 2001.
Smoogie I was thinking of this earlier. I heard someone playing Let me be your fantasy at a market stall in Bournemouth earlier but I have always like the AWo

No where near as much airplay as the original. In fact6 I have only ever heard it in one set I got off SoundCloud:

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
I was thinking of this earlier. I heard someone playing Let me be your fantasy at a market stall in Bournemouth earlier but I have always like the AWo

No where near as much airplay as the original. In fact6 I have only ever heard it in one set I got off SoundCloud:

This is my favourite version of 'Let Me Be Your Fantasy'. I started one of my sets in February with it.

Smoogie
quote:

This is my favourite version of 'Let Me Be Your Fantasy'. I started one of my sets in February with it.

Daring choice for an opening tune. I would use it as a later track. It is very underground but that acid line is one of the finest ever used
Smoogie Easily one of Brisk's best remixes:

Without a doubt the best Hardcore release of all time. This track is actually different to anything else. Huge riff but the vocal fade in the middle is just goosebumps educing

This track is just plain hard!

Si Thompson Yeah. I love that Brisk remix. However, my favourite version is actually the Gammer remix.

As for 'Burning Love' being the best Hardcore release of all time. Not for me..
Alex Threat

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:

'Space Invader' is such an obvious one. I can't believe I didn't think of it.

Superb remix.
Alex Threat to be fair mate i was actually surprised that it didn't get a mention! Pearler of a tune
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
to be fair mate i was actually surprised that it didn't get a mention! Pearler of a tune

Yes, mate. One of my favourites from 1999.
Si Thompson This remix blows the original away IMO.

Samination https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-AXbwtRSbo
Si Thompson

Smoogie

Si Thompson
Smoogie Can't forget this one. The best version by far!

The build up to that hard riff is just awesome

Si Thompson
Si Thompson

It took 2.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page