Radio listeners 173+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore heaven awards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
whispering That award thing is pretty stupid, coz theres not best hardcore artist or best singer award, witch are IMO the most important part of the scene...

Oli G its proper stupid

odds on raverbaby "winning" best label = 100%

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Underloop 'tis a bit pants, however, I can't help but think that a certain Australian DJ living in Japan should win the outstanding contribution to hardcore award for the sheer effort he has put into everything over the past few years........ he's built the largest (and best IMO) hardcore site on the web, set up the largest hardcore radio station in the world, set up a quality record label, and now he's gone and bought another label to push the boundaries even further...... however something tells me that Hixxy will win it for setting up a label with poor distribution

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"
Dave Murray I think Scott Brown should win everything including best MC . Scott Brown does deserve the Contribution to Hardcore award IMO.

Hardcore is like an addiction ... Spread across the land!
hooverlover scott brown shouldn't win, he's rubbish haha

Simon these awards are always a little wierd. True RB will probebly win best label, it's also true to say that Storm will probebly win best mc.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
fazza i agree with underloop! everyone vote for silver in the outstanding contribution to hardcore catagory! it says the line up on the night is chosen by the nominees for the awards so lets start the "vote for silver and get him over to play so we can all meet him petition!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"
Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by Oli G:

odds on raverbaby "winning" best label = 100%

If they win, its definetly been fixed there has been better labels than R.Baby.

quote:
scott brown shouldn't win, he's rubbish haha

Shows what you know.

silver If you like me or the site in any of the categories then of course vote for me, but dont think you have to, I would really like this competition not to be fixed or weighted in any way. I have already seen emails from other web sites saying "please vote for me", I don't believe sites should do that... people should want to vote for that person or site because they think that person is good or bad.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.
virus i know what website i voted for! :)

I think Sy will win best hhc DJ
Outsdanding contribution will probs b Hixxy
and wivout a doubt Storm will win best MC but i'd like to see Wizzkid take it!

"Belong To The Hardcore Regime! Wake Up From Your Synthetic Dreams!....WE Are Your Future!!!"
Demotic
quote:
Originally posted by Daveo:
I think Scott Brown should win everything including best MC . Scott Brown does deserve the Contribution to Hardcore award IMO.

Absolutely Spot on.

Originally posted by silver:
I have already seen emails from other web sites saying "please vote for me",

Yep, I got sent one of those....I was a little suprised at the speed it came to me, the awards had only just been anounced and within a couple of hours of the news coming through, I had a please vote for us e-mail.

I won't say who it was, because that isn't really fair.

Nick_c40 Personally i think Scott Brown should win the Best DJ but something tells me a Raverbaby DJ such as Breeze or Hixxy will win!! Whizzkid should win best MC but Storm will win! And Evolution Records should win Best Record Label cos they clearly are better than Raverbaby!! And Hixxy will win the contribution award!

syran vibes or sy to win best dj
storm to win best mc
raverbaby to win best label
i reckon sy should win contribution award
happy hardcore to win best site

whispering I voted:

Best hardcore DJ: Hixxy, Scott Brown, DJ Silver (Yes i think Hixxy is the best )
Best hardcore MC: Marley, Storm, Ruffian (This is only based on tunes, not live events)
Best Hard Dance DJ: -, -, - (Dont know any...)
Best record label: Rumour Records (I dont buy vinyl, so this was my choice)
Best web site: This site (No need for others )
Best record shop: www.majesticstore.com (This was a hard one)
Outstanding contribution to Hardcore: Silver (IMO here was no competition, no brown nosing just my opinnion)

atomicb 'I would really like this competition not to be fixed or weighted in any way. I have already seen emails from other web sites saying "please vote for me", I don't believe sites should do that'

U practically just have ....

silver ^^^ Agreed but since every other site in the hardcore world has done so for us to stand any chance I have to eat my own words.

it's all hardcore.
whispering Silver didnt send any e-mails, so the people that see that are the ones that use this site, so i dont see the bad thing about it...

Hopefully next year they'll be more orginized.

-----------
"Cheez-It; Get your own box."
atomicb Heh, I'm sorry if it came off a bit rude and pissed of... I didn't really mean it like that.. just kind of a bit of confusion ;)

silver ^^^ tis cool... you can make up for it by voting for me or HappyHardcore.com ;)

it's all hardcore.
raverdave I'm confused!!!!! Is it a propper rave or just an award ceremony or a bit of both? if its a rave how long they gonna stop it for to give out the gongs? hopefully just enough time for me to take a piss.. might go down the bookies and put a few bets on if they'll let me, recon we could all make some cash off this one...

silver It's an event and they will probally stop the music for 10 mins

it's all hardcore.
ryg0r I'd love to be there and recieve all the awards I deserve (like the black-eye, the bashed shins and the most overall lame dude award)

-=[ryg0r]=-
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
the most overall lame dude award

I'm going to win that, you have no chance against me

silver are you going to be at the awards?

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
ryg0r
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
I'm going to win that, you have no chance against me

That maybe be so Mr El-Lame-O, but I'll definately win the most-annoying-pestering-little-dwarf-award!

-=[ryg0r]=-
silver
quote:
Originally posted by xxhappyxx:
silver are you going to be at the awards?

If I win any of the catagories the Hardcore Heaven crew would pay for my ticket to the UK and I would be there, they have already emailed me telling me this.

BUT

I'm already booked to DJ Utopia in Australia the same night and Twice as Nice the next night in Australia, so even with the time difference I could not make it even if I did win. DOH!

But don't let that hold you back from voting, if I win I'll make sure the HH crew book me for another gig in the UK so you can still see me :)

it's all hardcore.
xxhappyxx aww thats a shame...if u win ull have to get someone to accept it for u then

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'
silver Oli G the UK moderator could except it for me :)

it's all hardcore.
DJ Mouse do what they do on mtv silver and have a pre-recorded message hehe

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
silver hahah sweet!

So everyone vote for me so we can do that :)

it's all hardcore.
silver Update: The Hardcore Heaven flyer is out for the awards night and guest what!?

HappyHardcore.com has been nominated as a finalist in the best hardcore web site catagory! Yah!

I figure hardcore heaven will update their website sometime this week with a new finalist voting system where you re-vote I think? or perhaps you keep voting, it's unclear at this point in time. I will post a news story when I get the info on how to vote for HappyHardcore.com

What I thought was weird was that Hardcore Heaven's web site and Slammin Vinyl's web site was also nominated, since they are running the competition I would have thought you would excluded them.

it's all hardcore.
cycrow
quote:
Originally posted by raverdave:
I'm confused!!!!! Is it a propper rave or just an award ceremony or a bit of both? if its a rave how long they gonna stop it for to give out the gongs? hopefully just enough time for me to take a piss.. might go down the bookies and put a few bets on if they'll let me, recon we could all make some cash off this one...

I think they anounce the award and the winning dj will do a set or something like that

cycrow silver, i know its abit off topic, but will u ever been playing anywhere in the UK ?

fazza yep got the flyer on saturday! wicked to see this site grow from something small to being nominated as BEST hardcore site on the net!! RESPECT TO YOU SILVER!

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"
silver Quite an honour being the only person or site nominated that does not live in the UK.... Yeah someone needs to send me a few flyers so I actually can see it.

cycrow: No I have never actually been to the UK

With that said, everyone gotta get their vote on and vote for HappyHardcore.com and get me over :)

it's all hardcore.
Comet Let us know where to vote though!

If/when you win, record you on a video cam saying thanks! XD

_________
Simon I've sent my vote.

Was I EVER gonna vote for ANY other site??!!!!

Midway_raver What's the name of THAT other site agen?!?

lol nah this and USH are both excellent sites, but this just pops it by havin a nice friendly forum, wicked chat and outstanding radio:)

when the review section and hopefully a gallery get added then they're will be no competition:D

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
silver In case you missed it there is a news update on how to vote.

it's all hardcore.
Slynx If scott brown really wins best Dj, i think everyone has to look at what people are actually basing there dicision on. Production or Djing. ok i admit Scott Brown is a world leader in production (personally i really dont like his range of variety) but when i saw him last, his djing was pretty second rate, im sure i could have pumped the Steely wheels better that night.

If he wins i going to break my Turn up the Music 12". haha JJokes its to Good!

On another note, it's been almost 24 hours and the link STILL doesn't work for me.. :( I WANT HAPPYHARDCORE.COM TO WIN!

_________
DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Quite an honour being the only person or site nominated that does not live in the UK.... Yeah someone needs to send me a few flyers so I actually can see it.

cycrow: No I have never actually been to the UK

With that said, everyone gotta get their vote on and vote for HappyHardcore.com and get me over :)

it's all hardcore.

thats not true silver ;) dj paul is voted too ( holland ) but you are only person outside europe. still a class action but the competion with ush is hard.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
silver If you go on merits of each site and compair features and layout and everything I am sure you will know what site to vote for :)

Besides the award is for the best web site and not the "web site-with-the-most-bitching" :)

I also just found out yesterday that all the nominations are the DJ's playing at the event!

it's all hardcore.
Slynx
quote:
Originally posted by Comet:
I agree Slynx.

OMG someone finally agrees with me. Yeah!

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page