Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Start to create Happyhardcore with software

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CorDharel Hi all!

I read alot about becoming a dj, do this and that, and whatever, but I never found what I was looking for. So I simply thought I'll ask my question here:

I am a big newbie in Djing, and I want to learn how I can create this awesome music with software. What do I have to look for?

Thats my question, looks simple, but would be cool if you have some answers for me. I know the software fruityloops and atomixmp3, so you could also tell me: "Use this".

Thx to any answer!

CorDharel

silver I recommend buying vinyl but if you want software I recommend Traktor.

Matthew aka DJ Underloop

Intense Radio - the freshest up and coming DJs
http://intense.underloop.co.uk
Hardcore, Trance, Drum n Bass, Tech House etc
CorDharel The problem is that I never saw a Happy Hardcore DJ in my life :(

But I want to do it! Because I am an application developer, I am feeling good if I can use a software instead of hardware ;)

Can you explain/help me a little bit on my way?

Can I create Happyhardcoretracks with traktor? What is the difference between traktor and fruityloops and atomixmp3?

And what is a tune? :)

Thank you for answers!

whispering
quote:
Originally posted by CorDharel:
And what is a tune? :)

Song,
Underloop was asking if you want to be a producer (Make songs) or a DJ (mix songs), both can be done by software...

I found the program "MSynth" under www.msynth.com . Can I create music if I create single "parts" of my music and put them together with msynth to 1 song?

Kaffine The rule of thumb when you DJ or produce, my friend, is that hardware is better than software. Hardware lets you grip knobs and twist them, it lets ya really get into the song and get a physical feeling for what's going on. Or, if you're spinning, it lets you really feel for the tracks and where they are - vinyl would beat out pure traktor and a mouse any day. Not to mention that djing in traktor is essentially cheating (unless via finalscratch... ;) )

-dj h3o

All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your loving arms - watch out here I come!
CorDharel äh, Kaffine, so you mean hardware is better than software? I'm confused about your post :)

Kaffine Er, yeah! I said software is better than hardware, didn't I? X) My bad! :) That's not true! ;)

-dj h3o

All I know is that to me, you look like you're lots of fun, open up your loving arms - watch out here I come!
CorDharel Ok. But hardware is not my life, I love software, because I am an application developer.

I heard that reason should be a good reason ( ;)) and I know I could get it cheaper than others. I'll have a look at it. What do you say to reason?

Kaffine You really can't make decisions based on superficial things like that. If you're going to do something, do it right... however, reason is a great solution. It still benefits from the addition of a hardware controller though.

-dj h3o

ryg0r Yeah Reason [propellerheads.se] is a good software solution. Very good infact

-=[ryg0r]=-
mrc i just started a ND in music tec collage so i could learn to produce hardcore music, i wana sample my lirics to my own beats. it seems that the only programme anybody is interested in at tec is Cubace SX from steinburg, i think it costs a bit but u could get it pirate, cource i wouldnt know anything about that.

oh s*it man, what was i saying?
Underloop Reason is great for MAKING songs, for MIXING songs together, have a look at Native Instrument's Traktor

Matthew aka DJ Underloop

Intense Radio - the freshest up and coming DJs
http://intense.underloop.co.uk
Hardcore, Trance, Drum n Bass, Tech House etc
Kaffine don't steal music software, bloke, I've had an epiphany... think about it. Kids outside the community can steal all they want but we're the artists here and we understand the effort and shit, we should really be supporting our scene and the people who provide the things that drive it - without money, they can't produce their software anymore and who feels it in the end? We do.

-dj h3o

CorDharel I think you are right. I will look if I can get reason, probably with a book.

For now I am happy with some freeware I got until I'll buy reason. A lot of unknown words crossed my life :O ;) But I will stay on my way!

First program is a synthesizer called microTera. Lol, what a crap it was, I was searching the "play" button but I couldn't find it @:D There is just the keyboard on the bottom to play some tones :(

Isn't there a play button @?

hooverlover I recomend Orion / Orion platinum, put it in google - can't remember the site address, I personally prefur it to fruityloops, plus it's got a built in TR-909 emulator, and the usual VSTi/DXi stuff that most packages have these days!

I also recoemend Rebirth 2.1 (2.1 HAS rewire, 2.0 DOESN'T) you can sync/"rewire" it up to fruity, orion and others.

and as for freeware, get "Stomper" super hard kick drums that makes!

hooverlover oh and my VSTi recomends?....

ReFX's Junox2 (soon to be Junox3) will have all your hardcore sounds (I paid only 30 quid for this plugin!)

NI FM7, excelent for those Virus-C type trance-arpeggios!

Oddity, this has some well warm vintage sounds, a bitch to understand but wow, that lo-end bass it has!

Cheezemachine. this is a VSTi that makes string sounds and i think it's freeware!

Charco I Started using cheap software to start with-get me used to the whole way of puttin a tune together--i'm now movin onto "Cubase" and "Reason"....makes a world of difference...

Sweetness is happy hardcore, which in return, is a way of life!
djyogi Yeahh or go for pro tools, If i were u though maybe id also get a midi keyboard like a cheap one, at least that will let you control or have a feel for a bit of the music.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page