Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 2001 HappyHardcore.com DJ Mix competition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver This is where to make your comments and ask questions!

Official competition URL is http://www.happyhardcore.com/competitions/2001.08.asp
DJ Mouse silver this is wicked man!!! i got a question though,do you get bonus points for scratching or are you just looking for a top quality mix??

djm
it's like a dream,no end and no beginning...
silver There are no bonus points par say, if the scratching is good, suits the music and is okay that is fine... but you wont get "extra" points for scratching if that is what you are asking.
DJ Mouse phew!! lol trying to scratch on some 13 y/o citronic belt drive decks is a challenge,coz they've no anti-skate,at least i don't have to borrow my mate's decks now!!

djm
happyraveruk nice competition mate, can i submit an old skool mix (91/92) ??? or does it have to be happy hardcore

You look like you're in another world and i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.
silver oldskool is fine, just remember the mix has to sound like it all fits together like a professional DJ would do for his or her DJ sets, don't go jumping around from 91-97-93-99 unless it sounds like it should fit like that.
Cloudskipper how about a progression up from 91 to 99 ;)

silver It's fine as long as you can do it in 30 mins and doesn't sound bad. There is no extra points for old records :)
Elation how do you upload stuff???

happyhardcoresmiles
Elation k, im dumb. sorry. i see the fourm isnt up yet fer uploading yet.

happyhardcoresmiles
silver Yes the form will be up on the same page on the 16th.
dj centerfold would i be... disqualified... if i put happy gabber in my mix? i'm still kinda not sure if its really a whole nother genre in it self... but like, a few of the pengo releases i have i guess are considered happy gabber... and i'd like to use them...
thanks ^-^

~*~Linz~*~
silver Sure anything is fine.
DJ Veggie
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Veggie:

quote:
Originally posted by silver:

Sure anything is fine.

Sorry about that last post, im no sure how to work the thing :)))

Right Just a couple of questions for you DJ Mix Comp, If you dont mind..

Right..

1 - Im only 16, so does my age get taken into any kind of account, e.g if Im tied with someone would I maybe edge it cos they could be impressed with the work of 16 year old/, and I know age doesnt matter, but im just curious ;)

2 - My brother wants to enter a mix too, but seen as we both live in the same house with the same second name, id be worried incase the judges thought i was just trying to sneak in 2 mixes

Any help is appreciated

Cheers all!

DjXTCEE Hey I new to this..(not the mixing) but the competition on here.

Are we submitting mp3's? Also, can it be our own original work or do you want mixes of older tunes? Just wondering cos I want to enter...

"The master returns..."
silver DJ Veggie: Age will not be taken into consideration, actually the judges will not even know the names of the entries so that there is no favourism. Your brothers mix should be fine.

DjXTCEE: Anything is fine, just remember what the judges would like (hardcore) and it should be fine.
Heist Does it have to be mixed on decks or can we use cds+mp3s?

www.mp3.com/djheist
silver You can use decks or CD players (or both) but you can't use MP3's.
invader Hi there
Just wondered a few things.

1) I have my mix encoded as an mp3, but where do I upload it to, or who do I send it to?
2) It is only approx 23 mins long. Is that OK?
3) Is the competition anonymous? Or do we have to include our DJ names/contact with the mix?

Thanks!!

Hecttech Records
http://www.hecttechrecords.co.uk
silver invader: the form will be up later today / tonight. Anything under 30 mins is fine.
silver It's the 16th and the form is online!

http://www.happyhardcore.com/competitions/2001.08.asp
invader Cool - just gonna upload my mix now!!

Many thanks.

Hecttech Records
silver Just out of interest how many people plan on entering the compo?
dj-efeks *raises hand* yah i am =)

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...
silver Everyone might have a good chance at winning something, we have at the moment 3 valid entries and 1 invalid entry :( (mix was 40 mins)
MC RizlaDizla My m8s on holiday in crete right now. He wont be back until the 28th of Sept. Could I get one of his mix tapes, and cut 30 mins out of it and enter, as he never knew about this comp b4 he went abroad.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".
silver That would be cheating.
MC RizlaDizla No I will enter the comp with my own mix, but if he would of known about this comp he would have made a 30 min tape b4 he went on holiday. So could I get a tape with one of his mixes and just upload 30 mins of it, so he can take part.

Dj Pixel Ok, I'm sure this sounds dumb. But what program do I use to encode my mix into MP3. All of my programs ask what bitrate, not if i want 56k mono. Any ideas?

-Pixel-

-Pixel-
seand well i have two programs I prefer to use for different encoding purposes...

for the purpose of this, you may find it easier to utilize soundforge5...its got a great encoding function...does a clean job, and somewhat quick....another suggestion is cooledit2000...it uses fraunhofer technology which makes really smooth mp3s...

both have convert to mono and encode to 56k with diff Hz...oodles of options....

hope that helped :) for soundforge check out sonicfoundry's site and for cooledit check out syntrilium's...

happy mixing!

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
silver I use CoolEdit 2000 myself, it's easy and it's cheap (I'm a beta tester actually). Download a trial version from http://www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/index.html

If you want to save to 56K Mono, load your sound file into the Cool Edit 2000 and press Save As, change the type to MPEG 3 and then press Options, on the second drop down menu there will be a range of sample and bit rates, change it too 56K, 22050 Hz, Mono. Click ok and then save the file.

Your ready to go.
invader I seem to be having some problems uploading my mix. Well, it get's so far then seems to stop for some reason.

I will have another go in a sec.. if not, then Silver, are you on MSN or ICQ? I could send it you over there.

Thanks ;)

Hecttech Records
silver It will take a long time to upload, it is not stopping just let it stay like that.
Cloudskipper going to upload my mix right now. but my brother uploaded his and got an asp error after completion. i'm not sure if his got through. are you guys having problems on your end?

chris

silver Please let me know if anyone is having problems uploading I will sort out something to get your mixes in.

Does anyone know DJ Tronic? Please get him to email me [email protected]
OverFlow Woo! Competitions... glad I noticed this is time.

Now, I understand the rules about MP3 mixing, but I have a question (that I'm probably gonna have problems explaining).

I write hardcore myself, but I don't have any of my songs cut to vinyl/dub at all. So if I wanted to start my set off with a track of my own, played through my computer, lined out to a mixer channel, then mixed vinyl from there-on, would that be allowed (with you guys knowing 'n all)? Or is it a strict 'no-mp3' rule?

I understand either way, it was just an idea. Going for some originality here :)

-:flow:-
silver OverFlow: hmmmm getting technical here, I will allow this on the condition that your orginal track would ONLY be the first track in your mix as you would not be mixing with that track and only mixing from it (to vinyl). Anything else is cheating....

Plus we need more UK entries all of them so far are US and Canada.
MC RizlaDizla Still haven't decided on what my mix will be. Cheese mix or a banging mix, or I could do a trancey mix. Oh what to do?

silver Well make sure you make enough time to upload as I have recieved alot of "help-me" email.
OverFlow Ah, Silver you excellent man, thankyou!

I don't wanna be perceived as a cheater pretty much ever, so do you want to hear the track I'm gonna use on its own first? I will ONLY be using it to mix out of, guaranteed fact there.

I can give you a download link, or send it to you if you got MSN Messenger or ICQ.

Or not at all if you're not entirely bothered :)

*is happy*

silver It's fine... don't worry
DJ Mouse
quote:

OverFlow: hmmmm getting technical here, I will allow this on the condition that your orginal track would ONLY be the first track in your mix as you would not be mixing with that track and only mixing from it (to vinyl). Anything else is cheating....

Plus we need more UK entries all of them so far are US and Canada.

am i the first one to enter from the uk then???

djm
dj-efeks any aussie entries?

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...
silver I can't give away too many details on who has entered, although I have had more people than expected enter (which is good)... this is the last weekend before the compo closes so I think alot of people will upload over the weekend and also their will be alot of last minute entries due to the fact people want to create their best work.

I highly recommend getting something up soon as if you do last minute stuff and there are problems you might miss the boat.
ourhappyhardcore
yeah, dj tronic is a hardkore dj here in cali, i dont know his email, but he post hella shiet on www.bayraves.com forum
quote:

Please let me know if anyone is having problems uploading I will sort out something to get your mixes in.

Does anyone know DJ Tronic? Please get him to email me [email protected] height=1 noshade id=quote>

abc
Elation how do we get the mix into 56k???

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)
Pandemonium So, how is the "People's Choice" thing going to work?

Aren't you going to have to put every single entry online for people to listen to and vote on?

silver Elation: use CoolEdit 2000, it's easy and it's cheap. Download a trial version from http://www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/index.html

If you want to save to 56K Mono, load your sound file into the Cool Edit 2000 and press Save As, change the type to MPEG 3 and then press Options, on the second drop down menu there will be a range of sample and bit rates, change it too 56K, 22050 Hz, Mono. Click ok and then save the file.

Pandemonium: Yep
dj-efeks my mix runs about 31 minutes 20 long, is it like a definate has to be under 30 minutes? if so ill just cut it after the last breakdown which shud put it under 30 min...

seand
quote:
my mix runs about 31 minutes 20 long, is it like a definate has to be under 30 minutes?

well im going to say YES, since it is in the rules..no more than 30 minutes...the idea behind a timelimit is so people are forced to be creative and "color within the lines" at the same time...when you play at a party for a 60 min slot, do you say "my set is 61 minutes and 20 seconds...im sure the next dj wont mind..." ?

how bout you submit your set as is, and see if you get disqualified or not :) then you will have your answer...

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
Elation kik azz. no worries, i downloaded a wee program.

silver Ok here's there score I didn't know Cool Edit had a 1 minute restriction so this will fix you up. I have gotten tones of encoded questions here is what you need to do.

Once you have your WAV file
Download this program (it's free)

http://www.mthreedev.com/wavencoder.html

1. Add your WAV file to the window (drag the file in)

2. Click Options from the menu bar then Choose Change Encoding properties.

3. Change the Bitrate drop down menu to 56kbps and the Channel to Mono, Click ok
4. Press Encode, choose directory.

Finished - upload your mix.
silver A reminder you have less than 24 hours to upload your mixes if you havn't already.
Dj Pixel were we supposed to get an email confirmation or anything? i uploaded last week and the web site said my upload was complete. so yeah.

-Pixel-
silver There is no email confirmation, although thinking about it now I should have probally made it (haha)...

your mix is okay.
Dj Pixel lol, theres always next time

-Pixel-
Elation yea, i was wondering the same thing too. about e-mail confermation. ive been sweatin the last couple days goin...did he get it? did he get it?

hope you did.

silver The compeition is now closed but such a massive response! Thanks and good luck to the 33 entries we received... and who said hardcore is dead!? All valid entries will be judged as quickly as possible but please be patient as some judges have busy schedules and it might take 2-3 weeks for final judgment to come in. There will be two rounds of judging, the first for the main prizes and once these winners have been announced the peoples choice awards will commence and run for 14 days where the public will vote on your mix to win prizes, after this time winners will be announced and all prizes delivered.
lilhyver ok, I'm desperate, the whole last week I've had to work 12 hour shifts every day, with school, I had no time to figure out how to convert and upload my mix, is there anyway you could cut me a break and let me upload it, or I could send it to you over Icq anything, I'm desperate :(

silver lilhyver: sorry mate ... rules are rules and if I break the rules myself then what good are the rules in the first place. Keep your mix for the next competition.
MC RizlaDizla I know its bad. My ****ing poxy work made me go to the bloodly midlands, and what was suppose to be a 9-5 job turnt out to be a 9am to 1am in the bloddy morning. Proppa wanted the DJ's to hear my mix as well. Put me on a right downer for today.

DJ Mouse any plans of another dj competition next year?? or how about an mc-ing comp?

djm
tw3ak Oh man, i thought it ended on the 27th :(
Came home, logged in, saw the news, nearly cried :(
Does anyone know of any other happy hardcore compo's running on the net somewhere? I'm not really looking to win anything, just more of an expert opinion on my mixes.

Hope one comes up soon !

silver Juding by the interest in this comp I am sure there will be others, just have to round up some more prizes and sponsors :)
seand i dont know about anyone else, but id be all for helping with the next one if you needed it...or hell, even doing it for ya...i think doing a bi-annual hhc comp might be a badass thing...have prizes be mixers (like this one) or maybe a timeslot at a party (like nocturnal wonderland)...

i was actually thinking of starting a happy hardcore competition, then i saw you were having one :)

if you want, we can talk bout it

cheers :)

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
invader Oh shiiiiit..
I jusr realised the compo has ended - I never got round to re-uploading my mix! :(

Oh well, good luck to those that managed to get there's uploaded successfully ;)

-Peace

Hecttech Records
DJ Mouse silver,any particular date yet when the winners will be announced???

djm
silver I am working on getting dates ASAP, there have been unforseen problems but rest assured I'm working on it.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
seand anyting yet mr silver?

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
djbungle silver how do submit your mix cos mine r on average(im megabyte) 100 meg and im on a 56k v90 modem i connect at 45.333bps, it would take all day.
SO I THINK THIS COMPITION IS UNFAIR!!!

what!!!!
Brian K ummm chief, the competition ended on the 26th of sept...the website had a cgi page set up to send the stuff....

"If Yoda so smart in Force is, why words in right order he put not?"
deelay PLus if u made the mix 56k mono like the rules tell you, its about 12meg for 30 min mix..

DJ Mouse mine was 9 and a half megs and lasted 24 minutes

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
silver Encoded correctly, mixes are under 12MB, about 27-30 people got it correct without problems.

DJ Mouse hope i didn't get disqualified,would you have informed the ppl who get disqualified by e-mail or anything?

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Elation man, i hope the results are up soon...im gettin really antsy.

ket Is there anywhere that the mixes are going to be posted so that we can listen to them?
dj-efeks yes as part of the "Peoples Choice" side of the voting...

as far as I know anyway...

DJ Mouse i imagine they'll be in the radio section coz all final mixes are streamed on the radio.

silver i hope you stream them at 24k as well otherwise i can't listen to them :(

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
milo i'm being patient now =) but i think the waiting is getting to me, i mean, i was up for almost 24 horus strait yesterday with testing and working while being sick, and at 2 am when i could finally goto bed, i got on here first to check =P will the results still be announced before the end of october?

"It's all good..."
silver The judges are taking too long... I can only get on their case so much... Will keep everyone posted.

DJ Tempest yeah...im dying to know who got into the finals..

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

silver Peoples choice awards starts:

Have a listen to the near 15 hours of international Happy Hardcore! (and vote for it too :) )

MC RizlaDizla 15 hrs of hardcore. I guess i'll be booking work of tomorrow,he he.

Cant wait to start hearing mixes by you lot. Do not worry I will not be bias to my fellow Englishmen, but I'm hoping that a few get to make it in the top 5 and in the peoples choice.

DJ Pathfinder Valerie Sparks please i want a track listing of your mix.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
Brian K damn! sure are a lot of US mixes up, big up state side hardcore

Pandemonium Just to be certain, when voting is a 1 the best (like saying they are #1), or is a 5 the best (like giving them 5 points)? I'm assuming 1 is, mainly since it is at the top of the list, but I just wanted to be certain so I wasn't voting down my favorites... :-)

Perhaps that should be made clear on the voting pages...

Brian K i'm hoping it's 5 as being the best, otherwise i have to do a lot of votes over =/

Pandemonium Oh my...
I think I'm gonna hold off on voting until I find out for certain which is which.

DJ Mouse i assumed 5 would be the best,as in 5 out of 5,but after this,i think i'll wait
and from what i've heard,a lot of those mixes are top quality! best of luck to everyone

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Pandemonium
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
and from what i've heard,a lot of those mixes are top quality! best of luck to everyone

Amen to that!
There are some seriously good mixes here; No wonder the judges were taking so long. I'm pleasantly suprised, as I expected the competition to be much more scattered.

I *REALLY* wish we could download the mixes, as I'd love to be able to throw them all on CDs so my listening time before voting wasn't limited to my time in front of the computer.

Big shouts to the Up & Comer and Bedroom DJ massive, as this is really showing there's some serious talent that oughta be getting played out.

dj-efeks yeaa this is well wicked, good luck to everyone...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
feel the fury... hardcore. never. dies
silver 1 is the worst 5 is the best

silver I actually had a alot of filtering and dupe vote checking enabled and it seemed to work too well... It only counted your first vote in a 24 hour and per user session time period... I have adjusted things slightly...

but I ask people could they please re-submit their votes.

Elation hey everybody

im totaly excited. this is wicked. i wish you all the best of luck

aznwasian i have now listened to 6 hours of music. im workin my way through the list high through low... i hope i can get them all in...

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...
dj-efeks hehe ive listened to em all now, streams really well for me suprisingly, doesnt usually hehe

Pandemonium What with all the dupe checking, are other people behind my firewall (read: with the same IP addy) gonna be able to vote as well as myself and have it count correctly?

silver Pandemonium: I am not going to exactly tell everyone how the dupe checking works but rest assured I have taken proxies into account.

DJ Mouse well i've listened to them all,they're all good but there's 4 mixes that stand out above the rest,i say no more

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Brian K f*ck n' a, my head is hurting from listening to so many mixes, i guess i'm not as hardcore as i thought =P

i also wanted to add that it's nice to see producers dropping some of their own chunes in the mixes =)

Oli G Good luck to all the entrys....
ive listend to about 3 so far.. i dont have the time.. with work.. ****in uni and plaping hardhouse out and about...

i lookd thru the tracklistings... a lot of oldksool style hardcore.. nice to see it.. some scott brown-esque ness and i think it should be a close result... i just hope no tit trys to throw it by setting up hundresds of proxys and voting thru them (ur system may be good silver but there *will* be a way round it.. ytheres a way round everything)

:D

GL all

Oli G OverFlow... Your Tune (first one in your set) OWNS..

who elese has used there own tunes in there mixes?

seand the only thing i find that will make this voting less of a vote and more of a popularity contest is the fact you listed the dj name next to the mixes.

ive found by doing this myself trying to prove that the promoter had no idea what talent was, but only focused on names.....if you give someone a set by someone they know is sposed to be good or is a superstar dj, the recipient will think the set is great..no matter how pisspoor it is....now if you take that exact same set and toss your name on it, if you are a nobody, and hand it to the same person, chances are really good they will tell you it sucks...

i think the concentration would be greater on the sets and less on only listening to names you know/recognize/are friends with if you only listed the sets without being accompanied by who did the set.

you would also not have as large of a worry for offsetting the votes...but i mean if someone really wants to win that bad that they offset the votes..all the power to them....you wouldnt be winning the peoples choice award then..youd be winning your own choice award...but i guess that would make someone feel all powerful and special then...

ok nuff ranting...

i have listened to almost every set so far...i have found one in particular that has impressed me more than any of the other sets. and low and behold, it wasnt a large name...atleast not a large one to me. there were other really well done sets, but one in particular that got my vote. i hope this clown wins...id say who it is, but i don think im sposed to do that :)

good luck to all that participated...this was a grande idear...

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps

Edited by - seand on 02 Nov 2001 16:47:18
Lixx I think you may be slightly right but the hardcore scene in general is not as pretentious as the like the progressive trance scene. We're still underground so name throwing is pretty much worthless and a lot of "nobodies" and bedroom dj's have mad skills. As long as people don't only listen to the mixes done by the more popular dj's I don't think we're going to have a lot of name-preference problems. I do see your point though.
-Lixx

DJ Mouse well it's the end of the week,results coming soon i hope!!!! once again,best of luck everyone

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
djthomasmelvin Wow, this is a great selection of mixes ... best of luck to everyone!

I'm just kinda curious ... are you keeping logs of what domains vote for which DJ and how they voted (and for that matter, who even listened)?

I think it'd be interesting to find out about people's tastes depending on what region of the country / world they are from.

Cause if you take that bus, you gonna get there.
---
Thomas (www.vinylfetish.org)
Pandemonium So, uh, I thought this was gonna get announced at the end of last week?

DJ Mouse i thought that as well,all we can do is wait though

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
milo what is a week? Nay, what is time? A question to ponder... =)

"It's all good..."
Brian K something the damn romans set up to make us more productive =P

Elation nuhh!!!

DJ Tempest yeah...whens it gonna be announced?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

dj-efeks *waits* hehehe, all this waiting is getting to me =P

Pandemonium Helloooooooo???

DJ Mouse er,did someone just say hello??? lol j/k mate

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
aznwasian
quote:
Originally posted by ise:

what is a week? Nay, what is time? A question to ponder... =)

Time as defned by the New Lexicon Webster's Dictionary of the English Language is:
Time: 1. N the physical quantity measured by clocks. In classical time was the regarded as extending indefinitly into the past and future and was considered independent of the events which defined it.This implied the simultaneity of events was absolute, i.e. independent of the situation of the observer. The special theory and general theory of relativity radically changed this concept of time linking it to the position and relative motion of the clock and it's observer. deep.

Well thier you have it. Understand? good. PLease explain it to me.

-I can't stop raving...
seand ya see...there is no competition...they just wanted to have some new sets to burn and after we all uploaded our sets, they vanished...

damnit..i hate when "they" pull fast ones on everyone :)

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
silver There is a comp, if you know any of the judges you can ask them directly, I am just been run off my freaking feet with other work, if fact I didn't sleep for 3 days this weekend and 4 days last weekend. (no drugs either)... I will get something today or tomorrow up, even if all the judges havn't voted yet.

Brian K who exactly are "they?"

is it "the man" from don't be a menace while drinking you're juice in the hood? =P

as far as time, i hate relativities. physics' was nice and simplistic until they came around... =P

that would be rather funny to find out the whole thing was just a scheme to get more audio for the site

"do not dream, you dreamed about me"

Edited by - Brian K on 12 Nov 2001 00:05:47
seand silver, it was a joke....you DO need more sleep

there really isnt any rush...we are all just a bit antsy..dat's all...

and ya, it would be damn amusing to find out the comp was held to get a larger streaming audio database :)

they...they as in big brother...1984
they...they do a lot of talking dont they...pulp fiction
i can go on...but no need :)

time is a measurement from point a to point b. its extremely relative. you can say time is used to measure days. but days can be anything really. so when its the end of a week, what exactly is a week? because the standard of a week is 7 days, why does everyone have to follow that? for all we know the judges and site ops could all be in a commune that has their own set calendar and for them a week could be 19 of our weeks...

hahaha..yeah..WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
aznwasian Totally off-topic time thaught

If someone staarted a week, and it was only three days, and they called it a week, would it be a week? Is there a BOOK THAT DEFINES WHAT EVERYTHING IS? If this ever got made it would ruin freedom, because everything would be excact and there would be nothing to vote or argue over, and that is the basis of democracy. Well I guess if everyone agreed on something there would be no need for democracy anymore because everyone would agree on the same thing. Everyone would be on equal levels of society, and according to Rage Against the Machine, there will always be renegades and rebel, deciding that they want the week to be three days. a war would start and the entire world would be thrown into chaos, then one side would win eventually, and the whole process would restart. If i have had the time to type all of this out, I need to get a life. Or wright a book. I think I'll call it THE BOOK THAT DEFINES WHAT EVERYTHING IS.
hehehe...

-I can't stop raving...
dj-efeks this is the kind of thinking that can lead to mental breakdown =P

seand
quote:
Originally posted by aznwasian:

Totally off-topic time thaught

If someone staarted a week, and it was only three days, and they called it a week, would it be a week? Is there a BOOK THAT DEFINES WHAT EVERYTHING IS? If this ever got made it would ruin freedom, because everything would be excact and there would be nothing to vote or argue over, and that is the basis of democracy. Well I guess if everyone agreed on something there would be no need for democracy anymore because everyone would agree on the same thing. Everyone would be on equal levels of society, and according to Rage Against the Machine, there will always be renegades and rebel, deciding that they want the week to be three days. a war would start and the entire world would be thrown into chaos, then one side would win eventually, and the whole process would restart. If i have had the time to type all of this out, I need to get a life. Or wright a book. I think I'll call it THE BOOK THAT DEFINES WHAT EVERYTHING IS.
hehehe...

-I can't stop raving...

or you can just publish the next volume of the hitchhikers guide to the universe and call it "all that is time, and why am i always late" or something like that.

i think getting into the semantics of the relativity of time is just what this forum needs. takes our minds off the at hand issue; the latency (saying a week is what we all think it actuall is) of the contest resulsts.

heh, just think, the longer the resulsts aren't in, the deeper we all get into time theory.

lets really not dig to deep into this
-seand

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
milo woohoo! score for me for breaking the waiting tensions =) kidding...

i know, we can create our own concept of time, bassed on hhc. like 180 bpm... but that itself is based on modern time... darn... back to square one...

"It's all good..."
aznwasian haha.. you read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? those were the best books. I have all the books bound into one and i've read it 2.5 times... those are some trippy books. Ford Prefect, Arthur Dent, Zaphod Beelblebrox... hehehe...

-I can't stop raving...
seand ya of course i read that. we have all the volumes in one large and in charge book.

tons of inspiration comes from those off the wall novels. in fact i couldnt help but buy the actual radio show on vinyl...let me tell you, that is a great piece of wax to own....grab it if you find it..well worth it...

cucumber
unaccountably
cucumbering
-Paul Reps
Pandemonium Um, please...?

DJ Pathfinder be patient

milo if patience is a virtue, i think we all get one huge freakin' check =)

"It's all good..."
MC RizlaDizla Okay another bit about nothing: Who the hell decided what words were bad. Like who decided which words were swear words. Surly if enuff people decided 1 day that an innocent word was a swear word the rest would have to follow by this rule.

And also if enuff people decided that a swear word was really a lovely no offensive word then it would change.

There’s my bit of nonsense for this morning

Brian K i think it was early religions, you ever knowtice that evil never seemed to exist until a god was made? =P

Heist The mind boggles. Time spent pissing about trying to find all encompassing theorums is time not spent raving.

Or not studying for exams in my case....Aargh!

Best of luck to all entrants! I ****ed up my mix and didn't get round to doing a good one while the comp was on. I was playin newskool gabber anywayz and I would have whooped you all so I stayed away to keep things fair

www.mp3.com/djheist
silver Time to get back on topic

Brian K is it that time already? sheesh....

Brian K oi! congrats Elation!

Brian K i would have said big up your chest but since i'm still not sure what that means..... =P hehe

deelay Congrats Elation! enjoy mixin it up on ya new mixer m8

Lixx Great job Elation. I love that distorted all you see and hear sample that pops up every once in a while. deelay I hope you do better in the people's choice thing, I really enjoyed your set. Very original
-Lixx (just started listening to sets today, promise to vote on all of them now)

Lixx Does anyone else feel that category two is way too clumped? I feel that this is the most important category, and that track selection and programming (order / how they fit) should be separate from originality. Case: I just listened to val spark's mix and the tracks fit very well together but for originality I would not really give her high marks. Just a suggestion for the next comp. I'm really enjoying these sets though, hopefully they can be posted for download somewhere after the comp is over.
-Lixx

BM Hey Elation....congrats to you, man!!! And to everyone else who joined the competition, keep up the happy sounds!!! Shoot....I'm just pretty stoked about getting 7th. :) :) :) It's too bad that Brisk and Scott Brown couldn't vote, though. Oh well......

I feel your love.....it's pushin' me higher, I feel the energy, burnin' like fire.....:)
Elation WOW!!! thanks everyone im so happy i woke up this morning and it was like...holy s**t!!! i couldnt believe it. there was some serious competition out there. im just really excited right now. i dont know what to say... so ill say thanks again...thanks.

DJ Pathfinder Yes concrats

and there were a lot djs in the competition so its more imprasive

Oli G Ok.. so whens the peoples choice vote gonna come out
and if it aint yet
can we see a chart on how its goin :)

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
MC RizlaDizla Hey Elation just thank me for your win. I went to over 100 different computers over the country to vote for you m8. You owe me bigtime. Lets start with the mixer m8, shall we. Hehehe

Looking forward to the next comp.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."
Pandemonium
quote:
Originally posted by MC RizlaDizla:

Hey Elation just thank me for your win. I went to over 100 different computers over the country to vote for you m8. You owe me bigtime. Lets start with the mixer m8, shall we. Hehehe

Those votes only go towards the People's Choice, which hasn't come out yet. But still, congratulations on turning it into an illegitamite popularity contest.

DJ Pathfinder
quote:
Originally posted by Pandemonium:

Those votes only go towards the People's Choice, which hasn't come out yet. But still, congratulations on turning it into an illegitamite popularity contest.

he was only joking

Oli G coff coff coff coff
peoples choice awards anytime soon?
:DDD

silver People's choice awards announced!

DJ Pathfinder im not the only one that like the valerie sparks mix the most.

will there be another competition?
Oli G Hurrah to everyone \o/

It took 7.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page