Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 HAPPY HARDCORE IS DEAD - 1994-2001 - RIP

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Proton After a long tragically fight ---- Happy Hardcore died in the year of sell out 2003.

Please rename this site and board from happyhardcore.com into trancy-mainstream.shit.

I`m outa here Fellas

PrOToN in 1994
Exhile Thanks that was a very productive comment

erm yeah

----------------------------------------------------------

www.djhoekzema.com

www.intenseradio.co.uk

Frank
djDMS Close the door on your way out dickhead.

If you don't like the way Hardcore has gone, fair enough, but don't consider it dead just because the scene has changed.
There has NEVER been more variety in Hardcore than there is now. True, the more mainstream stuff isn't what the purists prefer but there's a lot more out there (that'll take me too long to list) that caters for every preference.

Come back in 2 years and see what you've missed.

DJ Phoenix haha, he's living in the past man... Sure, Hasppyhardcore was good, but i think "Trancecore" and the modern hardcore sound of today is far better...
If the scene changes again... Then we'll all be here saying "remember that trancecore - wasn't that cool etc"
then it will change again - it's how hardcore works!

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
DJ Superman
quote:
Please rename this site and board from happyhardcore.com into trancy-mainstream.shit.

please rename yourself from proton to moron. you've got no idea what you're on about and you've just proved it to a board of over 10,000 members. congratulations....... you're a *****

whizz-billy-the-kid's got you in his sights
Proton Wow come down . Everything changes. Thatz a fact.

There is HarDcOrE. It is lame to name it still happy.

But i will keep the piano in my heart 4 EVER . Bing Bi dimm Bing Dimm

PrOToN in 1994
MrJakk Yeah, there are still lots of happy tunes comin out too.. Rave n Beats man!

Also there are lots of good happy hardcore songs from back in the day that didnt get much play.

you just gotta look into all the diff lables, if you dont like ravery baby (which is the main souce of trancecore) then DONT BUY IT!! wahah

Evolutio0n is a better style of "trancecore".

I really enjoy the variety, because ill still play all my happycore trax as well as the new style hardcore!!! WOO HARDCORE!

Hardcore Con Queso
SEEKY You did'nt stay away for to long proton what was that about 3 hrs LOL!!!!

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
Proton Yeah thoose three minutes were the longest in my whole life. :-)

All i want is a little more ruff stuff. Not only pop songs.

PrOToN in 1994
Knightmare
quote:
Originally posted by Proton:
Yeah thoose three minutes were the longest in my whole life. :-)

All i want is a little more ruff stuff. Not only pop songs.

PrOToN in 1994

guess you're only into the ol'skool sound. Agreed, a lot of cheese lately, but you can have everything, right?

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
Hakkûh tot je er bij neervalt gasteuh!
StrifeII happy hardcores not dead. as long as people keep mixing, playing, producing and most importantly buying it, its not dead.

This post bought to you by Blasphemy

"Even though i've come to far, i know i've got so far to go"
Midway_raver Right go away , slap on a trancey hardcore song , from ne like b and s , dougal, etc and forget that it is "Uk Hardcore" "Trancecore" or woteva n just appreciate it, cos to me it's still happy as fcuk!! ok no piano.......piano's arn't the only thing that makes a tune happy. What about vocals, melodies etc?? People ask me what im into i still say happy hardcore half the time so chill out, roll a spliff, smoke it, make love to a beautiful woman and enjoy todays HaPpY Hardcore:D

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
Seany I dont think theres anything "happy" about hardcore today...Its ALL serious hardcore...with maybe the odd occasion...I just call it Hardcore.

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/hardcoredomain/index.cgi
K-Hole s'all about freeform :-)

-----------------
irc.di.fm
#hardcore

Chris aka Neo
#hardcore pimp daddy :)
KinokoBoy I'm glad the cheezy sh*t isn't popular anymore. I could never stand!!!

Hardcore will die if it goes Cheezy!!! Keep it Hard and Trancy!!!!
KinokoBoy oops...forgot to add the "it"

StarRizerX WTF is wrong with you people. Happy is BLATANT BEATS. Happy is NEXT GENERATION. Happy is RAVE N BEATS. Obviously there are some people that don't get out that much. Too bad 4 them. They're gonna regret it in a year

I have three namesfor you: Styles, Scott Brown, & Dougal. Now Shut the F*** Up
Seany
quote:
WTF is wrong with you people. Happy is BLATANT BEATS. Happy is NEXT GENERATION.

Not really...They were happy ,Now their really on a more serious more edge...

Kinokoboy-If you didnt like the "happy"(non-boring) Music then you didnt need to listen to it ;) ... Nuff said

atomicb Rave n Beats is still churning out happier releases. Quosh has got some nice cheddar in the form of the insight releases. Cheese is still there if you want it, and some do.

The point is how diverse the scene is now, it goes right from a Rave 'n' Beats cheeze fest to hard as nails freeform and gabber. Get used to it ;)

KinokoBoy Kinokoboy-If you didnt like the "happy"(non-boring) Music then you didnt need to listen to it ;) ... Nuff said

Yeah dude....I turn off the "happy" when its playing!!! Usually I put on trance or DnB in its place if there isn't any good hardcore.

genericrevolution next gen and blatent beats have ALWAYS been on the hard and happy tip

some less harder than others..

as for hardcore dead... give over! hardcore will never die! its been around since late 80's and 15 years on its still happening... it will evolve...

the thing is about the rave scene it caters for all moods one way or another... you need cheese to counter the dark its all a balance of moods and emotions and being happy everyone is different and has different needs.. whether stomping away to techno or freeform to raising them hands high in the air blowing the f\/ck into a whistle or horn to a cheesey long break/// its what makes a rave - its what makes the music good - its whats makes us happy - happy hardcore to the end!

sorry about that, had to get it off my chest

warped_candykid I think the name "Happy" should stick with Hardcore because in way, either if you like the bouncier side or the darker side, it still makes you feel "Happy" and it is "Hardcore" music.

Seany Imo...Next gen stopped doing Happy...."Happy" at NG22 And Blatant beats BB19 ...Its still Happy'ish but not really..Maybe Luvvy Dubby :P But not "Happy".

genericrevolution lol.... luvvvvy dubbbby hardcore!

KinokoBoy Dubby Hardcore??? What's that? Is hardcore with a bit of of reggea (sp?) Or is that chipmunk hardcore u r referring 2?

Seany LOL....If you read the sentence properly it says "Luvvy Dubby" Hardcore As in ...Talking about love n all that ,Ya know?

Midway_raver
quote:
I dont think theres anything "happy" about hardcore today...Its ALL serious hardcore...with maybe the odd occasion...I just call it Hardcore.

I hope that was sarcastic mate! U can't tell me when B and S drop Your Shining or W.O.W.U ne tune like that, it makes u feel sad??

I cud sit here and list hundreds of nu stylke tunes with happy vocals in:) happy hardcore ain't dead it's just mutated, Ok it may not be 'cool' to call it happy hardcore no more, but essentially most of it is:)

People say theres no cheese left............have u heard sum of scott browns trax in the last 1 1/2 years??

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
Seany Well i Think of happy hardcore..as the usual kick piano stab...The newish vocal stuff like WOWU isnt happy imo ...You cant stick that beside a '97 tune and say they sound the same...I know what you mean about it maturing...But imo its all just hardcore now...Im not going to stick a "Happy Trancey hardcore" track on its own...It can go with the rest of the trance *xxxx".

Audio X Actually I think the happy sound is about to make a comeback. I mean just look at all the big players coming back to the scene:
Seduction, Sy & Unknown, and Slipmatt is even taking it as far as making oldstyle happycore tunes (Listen to the Ace remix)

http://www.acidplanet.com/audio_ecstacy
Leelo1 like it sed on bonkersx "hardcore will never die"
but itmay quiet down 4 a while
but they got 2many ppl like us bringin up lil prodjects wether its mixes producing or beein part of the scene

DO NOT DISTURB DJ IN PROGRESS
Leelo_1
StrifeII the new breeze and styles happy stuff is proper gay. it just sounds like pop music. at least HAPPY hardcore was different because it was stupidly fast and rushy, unlike pop music - breeze and styles have took the stupidly fast part out, its just not as good :
not taking a dig at b&s, just an example btw lol

it should either be stupidly cheesey or stupidly hard. end rant

This post bought to you by Blasphemy

"Even though i've come to far, i know i've got so far to go"
Leelo1 Gay means happy

DO NOT DISTURB DJ IN PROGRESS
Leelo_1
Audio X it also means you like the cock

http://www.acidplanet.com/audio_ecstacy
mark-ireland Give that Proton muppet a slap from me the fuc*king thick cu*t.
Nothing but a muppet.

mark-ireland
DJ SCOTT DEVOTION Hardcore never dies, its just progression i been following it for many years since 1990 and i love it. 1996 is my fav year but i love the sound now im hardcore and proud.

Trying to push some new sounds of old within some of the new sounds of now in some of my new tracks.

shame some people dont follow it anymore,but each to there own, if it makes you happy still listeneing to it then thats a plus.:)

scott devotion

DJ SCOTT DEVOTION
FBI RECORDINGS ARTIST
PREMIER FM 88.6 MON 8-10PM
Proton Hey mark-ireland. I LOVE YOU TOO m8!

PrOToN in 1994
genericrevolution well I hope to be going back into the studios soon and will be concentrating on hardcore 94-97 styles.. I think a revibe of old skool and drop the hardtrance touch would be good. I think the trancey stuff should stay but I think we are going way to far into the trance sound and forgetting hardcore! imo...

I need bass and techno type stabs! uplifting breaks that take you through the roof and drop you back down to the stomping ground with churning hard breakbeat with 4/4 kick with a driving offbeat stab.... err.. did I get carried away there

dj-freedom HOW THE **** IS HARDCORE SUPPOSED TO PROGRESS IF THERE'S A WAVE OF NEGATIVE ENERGY. IF YA DONT LIKE HARDCORE FIND SOME OTHER MUSIC YOU DO LIKE AND STOP SLAGGING THE MUSIC AND THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE WHO WRITE, PRODUCE AND MIX IT!!

HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore is the passion of the chosen....
DarrenJ I wish someone would release lots of tracks with chipmunks singing songs from the 80s, just to stop the ppl complaining

well I, I will, I will hardcore
darkworld2004 No mate hardcore is not dead its just sleepin I am workin on a set soon all hardcore from 1990 till 2003 and if ya wanna come to the set get in touch wi me

RESPECT

DJ Viper
Proton
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Phoenix:
haha, he's living in the past man... Sure, Hasppyhardcore was good, but i think "Trancecore" and the modern hardcore sound of today is far better...
If the scene changes again... Then we'll all be here saying "remember that trancecore - wasn't that cool etc"
then it will change again - it's how hardcore works!

You were so right with your view into the future back in 2003.

It took 2.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page