Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Anyone heard of Rock?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
bLOODY_dAN alright you HHC peeps! Its time for "ROCK TALK". Im your host Mr.Raver and today i want to ask you a few questions...

What Rock/Metal/alternative music are you into?
Whos one of you fav artists?
and finaly...Do you ever just wanna punch a whole right through your wall???

-=And behold a light shown forth proclaiming truth and those who believed were saved=-
Brian K thursday & linkin park are all i can think of right now. i'll come back to this when my brain isn't fried from work =P

"we'll delete the weak"
Simon I've allways been a music fan on the whole and that includes rock/metal.....Here's a few bands I listen too, Megadeth, Slayer, Therapy?, W.A.S.P, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Faith No More, Led Zeppelin, Cream, & Loads & Loads of others that will have no doubt currently slipped my mind! I don't like the punk stuff though.

"Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove"
SEEKY Nah I have never been a fan of rock music!!!

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
Blue Frequency Tool, APC, NIN, Convege, Tomahawk, Mars Volta, Mr. Bungle, Neurosis, Pantera, Isis...

Various others I can't think of but those are the major ones. Always been selective of rock music cause most of it now I wouldn't consider music. Even when I had never heard of Hardcore I still only listened to a few bands just do to the lack of talent in others.

{)~No room for hate in Hardcore~(}
DJ Superman i used to be well into my rock, not so much now though but i still listen to a lot of my old albums. iron maiden, tool, offspring, nirvana, coal chamber, manson, fear factory etc. there's some really good stuff but there's also a lot of crap that clogs up the scene...... unlike hardcore

whizz-billy-the-kid's got you in his sights
Knightmare It's good for now and then, but not at a daily basis. I kinda like Oi! (sort of punk), deathmetal, black metal (some of it) electro-metal and the stuff like fear factory makes.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
Hakkûh tot je er bij neervalt gasteuh!
StrifeII heard of rock? lol :P
yeah i like the melodic stuff but the heavy metal/thrash stuffs just stupid. i quite like bits of it personally :)

This post bought to you by Blasphemy

"Even though i've come to far, i know i've got so far to go"
bLOODY_dAN yah panteras good, also

-=And behold a light shown forth proclaiming truth and those who believed were saved=-
StrifeII i used to love pantera :$
in year 6 :P

This post bought to you by Blasphemy

"Even though i've come to far, i know i've got so far to go"
Lixx The last rock album I bought was the first Linkin Park cd and that was like 3 years ago. Modern rock just blows (I blame Creed and 3 Doors Down). I can still listen to my old cds though like Rage Against The Machine, (older) Smashing Pumpkins, (mostly older) Radiohead, Cake, Nirvana, even some early Oasis is good. And I could almost never tire of Led Zeppelin or Jimi Hendrix tho - pure f-ing genius all of it

bLOODY_dAN ever heard of "at the gates"? Also a good metal band.

Lixx Never liked metal myself, most of it seems a bit unimaginative

Xenochrome Korn, Slipknot, Pantera...

Drugs are bad, because if you do drugs you're a hippy, and hippies suck ass.
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Lixx:
Never liked metal myself, most of it seems a bit unimaginative

THere's some really good stuff/bands out there....you just have to sieve through all the crap ones to find it!

"Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove"
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Raver2004:
Whos one of you fav artists?

I like some of the finnish metal bands like Nightwish, The 69 Eyes, Him, Children of Bodom etc
Then i listen finnish punk, but you wouldnt know any of the bands.
I also listen US punk, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Blink 182 etc
I dont listen alternative rock that much, but i like Emiliana Torrini very much.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
mr bishi RATM and Bodycount r the only two ive ever had any time for

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think
not."

Homer Jay Simpson
Audio X Rage Against the Machine, mos def.

http://www.acidplanet.com/audio_ecstacy
DJCrissy Machine head were pretty good and AHC (apparently)
!!stay buzzin!!
xxxcrissyxxx

Chicken Linkin Park is the other stuff on my comp besides techno. THEY are what you wanna listen to when you wanna punch a whole in your wall, or even if you're bummed as all hell. They're right up there with all my techno artists

***Slippery When Wet***
Knightmare Just got a free cd from a mailorder company that sells all kinda cool stuff (mostly rock related Items.) when I bought my anna kournikova calendar . There is some cool rock/metal stuff on it.
Tiamat- wings of heaven
Deathstars - synthetic generation
transport league - Wrapped dead inside
??? - Forgotten words (can't remember who by, but this track rocks!!!)

cool shit

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
Mikeage Emilys Toybox is high on my list. Any band that has a song where part of they main chorus is " Don't you f**king leave me or you'll die!" gets credit from me.
Less Than Jake is another fav. As is Flogging Molly. I think I just like too much music.

Hollywood seduces small woodland creatures.
Chicken Hey mikeage you can never love too much music, music is the best thing about being on this planet ^___^
And Flogging Molly is tight, I love the style

***Slippery When Wet***
DJ Superman I saw "less than Jake" live in Birmingham years ago haha, they were wicked!

whizz-billy-the-kid's got you in his sights
bLOODY_dAN yah flogging molly is one of my favorite bands. all of their stuff is good!

hooverlover I like metal but i hate punk

bLOODY_dAN Soooo how do you feel about polka?

Baby_Angel Oooh ooh, me, me! I like rock/metal! Well according to HMV i like metal cuz all the music i like is under the metal...section thingy....anway, i like Less Than Jake (which is actually ska isnt it? Well its under the metal bit in HMV which is kinda annoying cuz its far from metal!), Lost Prophets, i like a bit of the Murderdolls i suppose...Staind, Incubus...the Foos...Yellowcard and uh...NOFX...and others but ive already listed way too many lol, indecisive BabyAngel!

Thats Kung Fu Ninja Baby Angel to you! Rawrrr!
mjd o yer i love ROCK!! slipknot, korn, oasis, lost prophets, nirvana, the legends that are metallica, and the god that is jimi hendrix. RI.P man we love u

Live Forever
bLOODY_dAN Lost Prophets??? UK band? never heard of em.

Knightmare
quote:
Originally posted by Raver2004:
Lost Prophets??? UK band? never heard of em.

Skate Rock, think they're a US-band. latest track is something with "burn" in it. I like their track "Ride" though (nfs: underground soundtrack

!GABBER 4 LIFE!
ryg0r I really like Linkin Park. They have a cool sound.

I'm also a huge fan of Sonic Mayhem, the guy(s) who did the soundtrack to Quake 3, along with Front Line Assembly.

Its good to listen to other styles of music, otherwise its like too much chocolate!

-=[ryg0r]=-
bLOODY_dAN I defninaltey agree with that! ^^^^^

Swanny lostprophets(yes its one word) are welsh, and IMHO one of the best things to ever come out of wales. Their first album, thefakesoundofprogress(yea, one word, its soooo 1999 haha), was a post-hardcore gem, released in 2000, and taken to the studio to be re-produced for american release. Unfortunately, they waited 3 years before releasing another album, and their debut started to stew and become stagnant amongst the metal elitists. Until they released 'start something', its feel good rock and roll. A definate band to watch.
Tracks to look out for are Shinobi vs dragon ninja, kobrakai, ode to summer, we are godzilla you are japan, burn burn, and last train home.

As for my taste in rock\metal, its arch enemy, APC, at the drive in, black sabbath, bush, cannibal corpse, Covenant, Dark Tranquility, deftones, dream theater(shit hot band), eels, foo fighters, guns n roses, jim morrison, jimmp page, robert plant, korn, lamb of god, lostprophets, lynyrd skynyrd, machine head, metallica, morbid angel, muse, nightrage, pandora, NIN, offspring, opeth, pantera, pink floyd, placebo, radiohead, rammstein, RATM, stones, sevendust, sex pistols, soul coughing, soundgaarden, spineshank, strapping young lad, SOAD, tool, trivium, the mars volta...... i could go on for a while.... but i'll just stop :P

Captain poopdick to the rescue.
bLOODY_dAN Actualy i might be going to their concert...They're playing with hoobastank in MN pretty soon. PARTY HARDY!

quik334 i like alot of ska bands, hardcore punk(Atreyu, Eighteen visions) alot of rock and metal like slipknot,fear factory,static-x,chimaira,mudvayne...

"Dancing the night away.."
quietplace69 dues rock speeks the truth none of that nice crap. anyway my fav bands are InFlames, and Slipknot

quietplace69 by the way atreyu is not hard harcore punk u know fyi

DJ Superman saw in flames and slipknot at a gig years ago when i was younger haha, what a racket!

"Dancing the night away.."
JesterDJ rock? what is this phenomenon you call "rock"? i am a mere hardcore junkie and know nothing of this culture of madness (except the fact that my mate is an 80's rock junkie and drives iron maiden, pantera, judas priest etc etc through my scull everytime i am round at his; nutter).

If pac-man really had an effect on us, we'd all be runnin' round in dark rooms, listening to repetitive music and munching pills!!!

*.*Jester*.*
Simon
quote:
Originally posted by JesterDJ:
(except the fact that my mate is an 80's rock junkie and drives iron maiden, pantera, judas priest etc etc through my scull everytime i am round at his; nutter).

That's good.........Iron Maiden are so ultimately amazing!!!!!

They are the greatest metal band ever, in the fact that they have had so much influence over the genre and have been going for 24 years+, and last years album "Dance Of Death" was classic Maiden at there best!!!! To top it all off there English too!!!!

"Run To The Hills, Run For Your Lives"
JDcricket Could anyone tell me some good Rock Artists/Songs? If you can, Email me at [email protected]. Thanks

JDcricket
(David Bollinger)
cteddiesgirl I'm not really into todays Rock music. I'm more into 80's hair bands and 60's & 70's classic rock.

;) cteddiesgirl - Oh! Just call me ct :p

I'm usually over at DI.fm
MrJakk slippknottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
adema
linkin park
disturbed
godsmack
system of a down
mmmmmmm, only when im not in the mood for hardcore (which is rare)

Hardcore Con Queso

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page