Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Musical Endeavour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Quicksilver Still one of the best hardcore tunes in existence, isn't it? Like seriously, it's so uplifting, energetic and just resonates so nicely. Makes me think of summer. I love the MC parts too, a cool contrast to the female voice.

Perfection!

DJ Flintlock3r This is amazing!
CDJay It wasn't good enough for Clubland, so I think the decent thing to do is ignore it. Pretend it didn't happen. Keep repeating that you just don't care. Keep repeating that there's nothing there.

History inevitably repeats itself without intervention. Watch.

CDJay
Quicksilver Hahaha, they turned it down for Clubland in favour of some watered down pop remix? Madness. But I guess, it's too hard for Clubland audience. Maybe if there was a "soft kick remix". XD
Claxton In my top 5 without a shadow of doubt.
AoS_Lorenzo such a banger!
arpz I love this tune <3 <3

Rework? :D
CDJay Yeah, let's!

The more tImes you ignore something, the happier it becomes!

No?

CDJay
CDJay Rest assured that circa 2016 *nothing* has changed *except* everything else.

I wish I had a voice over guy doing justice, to justice

Edit: Not strictly true. Vinyl and high res audio from heavily tv advertised album shipping now. Don't mind us though, just pretend we're not here.

CDJay
arpz I just realised that the melody is quite like JJ Tribute :)
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Edit: Not strictly true. Vinyl and high res audio from heavily tv advertised album shipping now. Don't mind us though, just pretend we're not here.

CDJay

We should all be sharing and promoting the shit out of this.
My Facebook news feed is full of posts spamming a lot of very run of the mill stuff but there's very little applauding the important things.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
I love this tune <3 <3

Uh, fuck no! Let's not tinker with something that doesn't need any tinkering!

Absolutely love the track and it's a brilliant example of how to properly include MCs in a track!
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
[quote]Originally posted by arpz:
I love this tune <3 <3

Uh, fuck no! Let's not tinker with something that doesn't need any tinkering!

Absolutely love the track and it's a brilliant example of how to properly include MCs in a track!

[/quote

I don't really see your logic, you do realise that when making an update/remix the original track still continues to exist, right?
CDJay I think there's quite enough relentless tweaking/updating/remixing going on elsewhere right now.

Let's focus on original material.

#HuTenYears

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:
I think there's quite enough relentless tweaking/updating/remixing going on elsewhere right now.

#HuTenYears

CDJay

Exactly!
Quicksilver I've never seen you so bitter before, Jonathan! I do understand your frustration though. It's an uphill battle.
Samination If you haven't sucked cock/tits/bollox since 1994, I guess it's a dead race :P
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I've never seen you so bitter before, Jonathan! I do understand your frustration though. It's an uphill battle.

10 years of *always* trying to do the right thing, and being ignored. Often when what I was saying would save everyone a lot of pain if considered. If I wrote a book the only reaction to would generate is flabbergastedness at the sheer wilful ignorance on display.

It's not even bitterness, tbh, we're where we want to be. It's just a shame the scene had to get flatlined and few left standing have any interest in working to fix it.

My greatest fear is that I end up thinking/acting the same way. It's a slippery slope. "well no one ever helped us, me, me, me". No. Get out of the way or expect to be forcibly moved.

CDJay
Captain Triceps Nice, CDJay is bringing a book out, looking forward to that one.
CDJay Seems like a 20 year thing.

CDJay
kazukism92 No Hardstyle/Hardcore rework pls... puts me up.
Quicksilver
quote:
quote:
I've never seen you so bitter before, Jonathan! I do understand your frustration though. It's an uphill battle.

10 years of *always* trying to do the right thing, and being ignored. Often when what I was saying would save everyone a lot of pain if considered. If I wrote a book the only reaction to would generate is flabbergastedness at the sheer wilful ignorance on display.

It's not even bitterness, tbh, we're where we want to be. It's just a shame the scene had to get flatlined and few left standing have any interest in working to fix it.

My greatest fear is that I end up thinking/acting the same way. It's a slippery slope. "well no one ever helped us, me, me, me". No. Get out of the way or expect to be forcibly moved.

CDJay

I believe in (H)you! ;)

Vladel
quote:
I think there's quite enough relentless tweaking/updating/remixing going on elsewhere right now.

#HuTenYears

CDJay

Updating and remixing is fine if the work is good. I've enjoyed quite a few remakes these last couple of years.

Speaking of which cdjay, the one someone posted of heart of gold last year (a new one). Is that an f&d?
CDJay That's Al Storm; more a relick than remix.

CDJay
Warnman Yes, this track is a beast and its such a perfectly produced combination between an uplifting Hardcore riff, rousing vocals and a MC, who doesn't annoy me at all (and usually I dislike MCs in Hardcore music!).
Vladel
quote:
That's Al Storm; more a relick than remix.

CDJay

Will it get released? You gotta know how mad i'd be to get my hands on that one?
CDJay Hixxy also owns the UK Dance back cat.

CDJay
djDMS People want to give him lots of money and he's having none of it.

Scott Brown doesn't seem to be doing too bad with his digital back cat.
Quicksilver
quote:
Hixxy also owns the UK Dance back cat.

CDJay

Why are these "big" (used to be big...) names in hardcore sitting on stuff and just letting it rot? What is the point? What is the argument? I would really like to know why you would deny someone giving you money. We're talking about releasing a few remixes in a small scene, where the guy in question doesn't even make music anymore (I for sure haven't heard anything new in years)...
Samination
quote:
quote:
Hixxy also owns the UK Dance back cat.

CDJay

Why are these "big" (used to be big...) names in hardcore sitting on stuff and just letting it rot? What is the point? What is the argument? I would really like to know why you would deny someone giving you money. We're talking about releasing a few remixes in a small scene, where the guy in question doesn't even make music anymore (I for sure haven't heard anything new in years)...

doubt it's the same reason sharkey stopped his album. But there's been rumours that the raverbaby store has been ready since 2005...
Captain Triceps Too much like hard work remastering everything and the like, probably. But it is ridiculous, before very long it could all be forgotten about, existing only on old records and shite vinyl rips.
Torpex Lovely track. Sums up the HU3 vibe rather nicely!
Claxton I can't believe I'm even contributing to the whole RB discussion (yawn) but he would have made so much more money if they were released 6-7 years ago. I think that there's such a minimal market for them these days.

I'm pretty confident that we will never see a full digital catalogue release of RB. The wheels appeared to start moving a few years back when he started the HTID label and a few RB tracks were released through that, but then that was quickly halted again.
Vladel Claxton has a copy of darwins remix of toytown
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I can't believe I'm even contributing to the whole RB discussion (yawn) but he would have made so much more money if they were released 6-7 years ago. I think that there's such a minimal market for them these days.

I'm pretty confident that we will never see a full digital catalogue release of RB. The wheels appeared to start moving a few years back when he started the HTID label and a few RB tracks were released through that, but then that was quickly halted again.

What did he release? cant have been more than 4 or 5 tracks
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I can't believe I'm even contributing to the whole RB discussion (yawn) but he would have made so much more money if they were released 6-7 years ago. I think that there's such a minimal market for them these days.

What did he release? cant have been more than 4 or 5 tracks

All the stuff here https://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/129813/htid.html

As far as i can see theres sacrifice, Phaze 2 phaze, Hot Looking Babes, Love Comes, Tantric and MDMA from the original Raverbaby label

I do wonder what the reason for not releasing these is, there has to be a genuine one other then laziness?
djDMS I've just baked a ton of cakes.

Could sell them while they're still fresh and in demand, but no, i think I'll wait until they're stale and nobody wants them.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I've just baked a ton of cakes.

Could sell them while they're still fresh and in demand, but no, i think I'll wait until they're stale and nobody wants them.

oh everybody wants your buns, hun.
lurker
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Lovely track. Sums up the HU3 vibe rather nicely!

But ever since HU7 came out, everything else is bollocks right? Not even a compilation with dedicated breaks and freeform CDs can hold a candle to HU7's variety, and F&D throwing out all of their drum loops except one stop-start rhythm that everyone was complaining about 4 years ago really brought out their true potential.
Torpex Erm, I'm not sure what you mean, really. I don't think I've ever said any of that. Do elaborate, let's discuss things. :)

EDIT: Also, is there a recent compilation with dedicated freeform & breaks CDs? Which one?
lurker That was a minor vent based on what people have been saying on here, really. And naturally the album I'm talking about is HU6.
Torpex I think it's pretty natural to get excited about new things. You get it in the mail, unwrap it, it smells like a new album, you know a load of work went into it, you listen, you're happy to be a part of it. :) Did you expect people to bash HU7? I love some of it, especially the Shima & Storm mix. There are parts I'm not fond of or that are forgettable.

To tell you the truth, I often wish Gaz & Nick did some solo work again and didn't try to adhere to the "modern" / "edmhousecore" production standards so much. For me, solo Darwin tracks and solo Fracus tracks are some of the best, most emotional and most memorable music ever. Some of it must be nostalgia, of course, but I still think that if they did some work "the old way", incredible things could happen. Then again, F&D means things like the "Never Let Go" remix, "Come Home" or even the recent "World Collide" or "Join Us Now". Plus I get the idea behind teaming F&D up because of bookings and stuff and that it's not the easiest career in the world, so there's little room left for extra creativity.

So yeah. :) As long as there are gems to be found and heard, I'm happy!
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Lovely track. Sums up the HU3 vibe rather nicely!

But ever since HU7 came out, everything else is bollocks right? Not even a compilation with dedicated breaks and freeform CDs can hold a candle to HU7's variety, and F&D throwing out all of their drum loops except one stop-start rhythm that everyone was complaining about 4 years ago really brought out their true potential.

*senses you didn't like HU7*

We tried to showcase variety within the mixes, rather than sectioning off things so that only the previously engaged pay any attention. I realise it probably didn't work entirely, or you wouldn't be so grumpy, but then by the same metric neither did HU6 as vast swathes of people loudly shouted about what CD they wouldn't even bother to listen to.

What the scene needs is a compilation that *everyone* actively gets behind and works towards. Obviously that isn't going to happen, or it would already.

Being acid spittingly snidey towards the few people who have been trying probably isn't the best motivator at the start of a year, but hey ho.

CDJay

Samination not enough makina or gabber :P
Quicksilver Leave gabber to the Dutch, I like it but that scene is bigger already. :P
robertybob This track is ok, nothing special imo and certainly not the best Darwin track on the album. No love for Without Fear?
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
No love for Without Fear?

Fxxking gem!... What about Connected?
Quicksilver What about Let Me In?
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Fxxking gem!... What about Connected?

quote:
What about Let Me In?

This is the sort of stuff I'd like to hear more of from Darwin. There's a whole lot of HU I haven't heard, so maybe he made more stuff like that. Any recommendations?
CDJay The Hu/Rfu back cat will be up soon.

CDJay
lurker
quote:
The Hu/Rfu back cat will be up soon.

CDJay

Ooh, that is sick. I'll jump on that the minute it goes up.

It took 2.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page