Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Cheap Mixer?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djmonoxide Does anybody know of a good cheap mixer. and I'm poor so im talkin real cheap.

Happy is good for you!!!!!!!!!!
SorceryKid This would depend on what kind of mixing you want to accomplish and what features you need. I've been really happy with my Gemini PMX-25.... so happy I bought two off them. Sadly, they've been discontinued for a while now. I got mine on eBay for about $35 each. They host a lot of the features that you can only dream of on low-end mixers: beat counter led's, 2-channel hi/lo eqs with gain controls, balance control, booth output with volume control (yay!), cue-pgm fader, replaceable x-fader, PFL/master metering, and more. I think it has about 80db s/n ratio and .05% distortion, which isn't bad at all (I've never heard any audible deficiencies, even when taking it out to clubs).

About my only gripe is that it's limited to 2-phono and 2-line level inputs. But I can't complain for the price! The layout is very intellible. The faceplate is smooth with recessed screws and a lot of space for hand movement. All of the monitoring controls are located right between the channel faders, which I find most convenient. It's a standard 10" battle mixer -- very simple, very practical, very nice

Good luck.

--DJ SorceryKid
silver Enter the DJ competition and win a new mixer :)
djmonoxide
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Enter the DJ competition and win a new mixer :)

sry to bring up such an old topic. But silver at that time I didn't have a mixer to enter the competiton with haha why do u think I was asking about a cheap mixer.

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)
o0sameyeam0o when i opend this thread my floppy drive spit out a bunch of cob webs and dust

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX
StrifeII you can't get a good cheap mixer. My crossfaders fukt already and ive had it about 6 months and i DONT scratch either

-Robbie Jay
djmonoxide lol @ sam. Also I have a Gemini pmx-120 I have had it for about 8 months and the crossfader on it still works good. It didn't hurt my pockets either, only $50.

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)
StrifeII lucky s.o.b, i paid £59 for mine and it is rrrrruuubbbiiissshh!!!

-Robbie Jay
djmonoxide I fogot to mention I scratch a lot :)

It took 0.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page