Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 Requesting orginial / different versions of tracks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver Update 2006/09/12: We are relaxing this rule, it was originally intended to protect hardcore artists as sometimes we received emails from artists asking for their sources of material in their tracks to be removed, this has causes track IDing some issues so we will deal with each track in a case by case basis from now on, if the hardcore artist wants information on the track source material removed they can email us on each case and we will edit references to it.
---------------------
There now a new rule for track ID requests, it is very important. All admin's and moderators will now lock any topic requesting the orginial version of any hardcore tune.

The reason is simple, non hardcore people email the original artists or post on other sites the telling them about the hardcore version, then hardcore artists start to get sued. I'm sorry it just has to be, this site has alot of eyes looking at it.

This post is sticky, and will remain sticky (at the top of the forum list) - as newbies and some people that can't read will not pickup on this rule please refrain from answering any requests by these people and kindly inform them of this topic. An admin or moderator will lock the topic. If someone does actually answer the question the post will be deleted.

Don't want to get those lovely hardcore artists in trouble!
Ah well whatever will be, will be .

"Hush little baby, don’t say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It’s just the beast under your bed,
In your closet, in your head"
Exhile Tis a shame really. Its better when the artists actually do things legally though. Like i know scott brown Uses all his samples the legal way.

----------------------------------------------------------

Find all my mixes at www.intenseradio.co.uk

Frank
Shaker What about non hardcore artists thats use hardcore samples, do they get sued aswell?

Peace, Love & U-n-i-t-y.....The feeling what you get when you rush on ecstacy!
Exhile
quote:
Originally posted by Shaker:
What about non hardcore artists thats use hardcore samples, do they get sued aswell?

If your refering to guys like Ultrabeat and Flip & fill then no. They have done everything legally and therefore can not be sued.

Frank
whispering "Usually" if the original and cover has the same track name, its a legal cover. Is posting about "legal" covers still allowed? Also if people try to find the original version, then typing the lyrics on google is a good way, to find at least the most popular version. Hope i'm not bending rules here

Originally posted by DJ Hoekzema:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaker:
What about non hardcore artists thats use hardcore samples, do they get sued aswell?

If your refering to guys like Ultrabeat and Flip & fill then no. They have done everything legally and therefore can not be sued.

Frank

Damn Them!! lol

atomicb 'The reason is simple, non hardcore people email the original artists or post on other sites the telling them about the hardcore version, then hardcore artists start to get sued. I'm sorry it just has to be, this site has alot of eyes looking at it.'

Well then maybe they (the artists) shouldn't do it in the first place? I'm amazed by this... really am :(

Midway_raver
quote:
Well then maybe they (the artists) shouldn't do it in the first place? I'm amazed by this... really am :(

Maybe u wudn't have half ur favourite hardcore tunes if it wasn't done!

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
Exhile I think its a tricky one really. Obviously the guys producing trance dont mind paying legal rights for it as they know the tunes will sell. But its hard as an upcoming hardcore dj to make the money back. Then again though i think that rules are rules and we really should all respect that

Frank
Shade0 Surely though, Suing a hardcore artist for using samples isnt as lucrative as it sound. How much money can possibly be made from a little selling track

SEEKY why don't the hardcore artists just do it the legal way like the trance ones do when they are using hardcore tunes

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
DJDarkside becoz they have to pay 4 the copyright on that tune and can cost alot hardcore artists aren't made of money being a dj does not bring super big bucks in less your a dj in ibiza doing club music too slow way too slow

DJ Darkside
Hardcore Rules!
Go Widda Flow & Don't Stop
Cassells i'm sorry i just read this post and before i asked for track id i don't no if the track is a remix or anything but if i'm in the wrong, sorry.

DJ Superman don't worry cassells, im pretty sure urs was fine it's just if you were to post saying:

"i heard a track with a lyric sample of 'X' in it, does anyone know what the original song is"......... someone might see this and contact the maker of the original to alert them of the version that you heard.

normal track requests are fine, as long as you're not looking for other versions of a tune....... think i got that right, damn this is confusing!

whizz-billy-the-kid's got you in his sights
mr bishi
quote:
damn this is confusing

fecked my head up.Don't understand why this is the only site doing it either.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think
not."

Homer Jay Simpson
silver ^^^ Because we are the biggest site on the internet and alot of eyes look at this site including search engines.

I'd really appreciate your reply to me.
Thanx

JesterDJ
quote:
Originally posted by slipstream:
Can somebody,please, explain to me why was my post locked.
I wasn't asking for the original or a different version of that track.
I'd really appreciate your reply to me.
Thanx

if u let me know what it was u wrote i might be able to help u but i dunno where it is u posted this. Or alternatively u could always ask silver, he makes the rules so he'll be able to give u a better explanation then i could
good luck with that!!!

Actually I GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU SILVER IF YOU SEE THIS?!?!

I know the deal about how the originals request and why it gets banned and stuff but couldn't it be put across to the the person who requests it in a PM so they can still find the tune?

If pac-man really had an effect on us, we'd be runnin' round in dark rooms with repetitive music eating pills!!!
silver ^^^ Not everyone is going to remember that, it's easier to have it black and white saying no orginial ID requests.

JesterDJ I don't see what the big ****ing deal is with borrowing a little sample from another track without asking. alright so its a bit annoying if u turn round one day and hear someone else playing the tune with ur bassline or whatever, but is that realy cause enough to go and sue the shirt of the artists' backs'?
i think thats well out of order. Surely as well, its not as if hardcore is a mainstream genre so its not a copyright breach being broadcast throughout the world, its more subtle then if it was something that happened in pop or hip hop or something

If pac-man really had an effect on us, we'd all be runnin' round in dark rooms, listening to repetitive music munching pills!!!
djDMS So you're saying it's ok as long as loads of people don't hear it?

Unlikely that'll stop somebody sueing your ass isn't it?

Do you really want to see hardcore artists being sued left, right and centre for unauthorised covers/samples? (the question of whether they should have done it in the first place is another topic).

It's a rule here so we need to abide by it, anybody that doesn't like it knows where the door is.

Underloop
quote:
Originally posted by JesterDJ:
I don't see what the big ****ing deal is with borrowing a little sample from another track without asking.

Its rude and impolite for a start

quote:
alright so its a bit annoying if u turn round one day and hear someone else playing the tune with ur bassline or whatever, but is that realy cause enough to go and sue the shirt of the artists' backs'?

its also annoying that somebody is earning money from your hard work without you seeing a penny of it

quote:

i think thats well out of order. Surely as well, its not as if hardcore is a mainstream genre so its not a copyright breach being broadcast throughout the world

yeah, its not like hardcore ever gets played on Radio 1, and theres absolutely no internet stations broadcasting across the world with thousands and thousands of TLH (Total Listening Hours) </sarcasm>

OK, yes I do see your point about small samples, but I can also think of loads of tracks that have ripped entire vocals and used them illegaly. The point is, it is ILLEGAL to use even 1 milisecond of audio from somebody else's track without permission. Yes, this is taking it to the extremes, but it is fact. It has happened loads in hardcore, and if the original artists catch wind, the hardcore producers who made the track, along with the label releasing the track (if the contract isn't watertight) will be in deep doggy doo doo.

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
DJ Frost Hey Guys new here, just like to say I've found my Home page? :P I think if u put DJ Hixxy and Styles together u get true hardcore. I hate being a student man, it means not enough money for eqipiment and booze and oh a car...it also sucks being 17 I'm 18 in september so i've signed myself up for Madness on the 3rd, im 18 on the 4th but proberly blag it.

You love the rush. So do I. Come on guys and girls LETS GET HIGH

Happy Hardcore is amazing. Beeen listening for about 7 years and its gets better and better. My mates brother filmed for Hardcore Heaven. So I'm proberly gonna go with him. ENJOY GUYS Hey do you know any decent programs i can use on my computer that i can create mixes on? Cheer bruv
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Frost:
Hey do you know any decent programs i can use on my computer that i can create mixes on? Cheer bruv

Screenblast ACID 4.0, you can get a 30-day trial version from -> MediaSoftware.SonyPictures.com

BTW, you should have made a new topic for that post, as its not really a reply to the topic you replyed to :)

DJ Frost Oh well just changing the subject. Cheers is there any free programs anywhere? Thankz

You love the rush. So do I. So comeon people lets get HIGH
DJ Pathfinder realy a shame and the producers of the org songs must knew how much new listeners the could get when people hear the covers now the dont come in contact with it.

You can't see me,because i am the future.
TypeR I don't see what the big ****ing deal is with borrowing a little sample from another track without asking.

that would be like if you wrote a book and i decided to take a chapter out of it, put a shiny new cover on it and called it an original work and made money from it. hardcore produces are not exempt from the law just because they make hardcore. think of it like shoplifting, is it ok to do if it's from a department store chain? just because its big they would never know right? it's still illegal. nuff said.

ritalin

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air
djyogi why not be original ?

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz
ResidenT_EviL can someone please help me, im looking for a song, i heard at a rave, the lyrics are something like this

(girl singin) you bring me pleasure you bring me pain, you bring me sunshine and some rain.

Can someone please help me, thankx!@!!

ryg0r
quote:
Because we are the biggest site on the interne

Thats a little ambitions. I think you mean, biggest hardcore dance music site.

In any case, I can completely understand your reasoning. Lets say I remix a Britney track (I don't every want to do that). Well, more to the point, I use an acapella from Britney and then a trance group remix/cover my track. They will probably not get in trouble, for the fact that they wouldn't be the original artist, which happened to use the acapella. I would be. Thus I can get the pants sued off me.

So to avoid such things happening, while still being able to provide great tunes, its best not even ask about the trance remixes/covers of hardcore track.

All in all, great idea

-=[ryg0r]=-
silver ^^^ It's reffering to hardcore site.

"XTC luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv yeah" - Bertocucci Feranzano
farchid sorry i'm braindead explain for the really stupid like me

..._/-Cummin' up like a 747-\_...
chemically eeeevolved Class A citizen
SWEDGE HEAD WHEN OUT OF BED
jenks I say it's only illegal if you get caught

silver
quote:
Originally posted by FunkyFish:
This Sucks...

If you want to see hardcore artist get their ass' sued then go ahead... But big labels check this site... I have seen information requests come at me from Sony Records in less than 6 hours from a post on the site... I have seen trance people complaining to the original artist's web forum about a hardcore version the don't like and the original artist then contacting me for information.... just don't do it.

Of course I don't give any information but it puts me in a crappy position.

it's all hardcore.
TypeR
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
I say it's only illegal if you get caught

trust me, if you sell it as your own work, you'll get caught

------------------------------
www.h20hrecordings.com
shop.happyhardcore.com
www.phusionrecords.com
Buy Your Hardcore Man!! Buy it at these places!

If my volume is altered I'd be forced to snap
HTID_Hixxy The law works in mysterious ways but i think this is as fair as it gets! If i was a big name Dj *prays to God* i'd b rippin mad if someone took a little bit (or a big bit) of my track and sold it as their own....personally i have mixin/dj software on my comp but i use it for personal enjoyment and i aint makin money off it, so no harm in that

Now It's Time To Make Some Noise....For HARDCORE!
jenks Pitty 'DJ Rankin' isn't reading this....

keko_keko is it illegal if you use sample from another song but your not making profit from your work?

silver ^^^ Yes since you don't own the "right to copy the track" aka copyright. The original owners of the track could sue you but I doubt they would as you made no money or little from it.

This is why if you making money from it be careful (hence we had to introduce this rule).

it's all hardcore.
keko_keko ah thanks for clearing that up mate :)

mc_gilroy_05 hey. i heard this one song but i dont kno wat its called.

the wordz on it go

"how ya been now lately, have you been to a pleasure party, do u like the look of the lazorlight. the lg wannabe one night freeze. theres no objection wen i get the mic i step to perfection.

gilroy ov spotland
M.A.D
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Pitty 'DJ Rankin' isn't reading this....

Speaking of which, how does he get around it. Does he, and other artists like him pay for the samples?

Samination MAD: no he/they dont, since they dont remix, they just bootleg.

anyways, artist's own fault if they dont ask permission themself to remix, if they get sony and other artist's after them, then newer producers shouldnt ask either about remixing someone's tune

-==[[[ I'm the most paying pirate on the face of the web, j00 d1g? ]]]==-
Sk8SiM THANK GOD!!!!

end of the day... when i first got into hardcore i loved it cuse it was
underground, Uneak and "original"...

then you pic up something like the "happy hardcore" albums... and the've got remixs of SHITTY POP SONGS (won't say the names of the tunes incase theres no rights and like i member the rule)
and it was like WHY THE **** ARE YOU REMIXS THAT CRAP!!!

And like... i've seen it loads of times... REMIXS OF OTHER SHIT!!!

it was anoying cuse its always been... commercail bollocks ripping off hardcore... only hardcore does JACK SHIT ABOUT IT!!!!

I'm also getting sic of telling ppl that this hardcore tune is the original... this is where it all began... and then i find out that it ent the original... its a rip of something else.... that REALLY PISS'S ME OFF!!!
don't get me wrong... its not like that all the time... but when it is ... **** its a really disapointment... it just puts me off the tune completly!!!!!

it was then when you'd get **** ups out there saying that HARDCORES A RIP OFF of theye POP RIP OFF!!!! (ultrabeat)

you can't win at the end of the day... and i think if your gonna write anything... WRTIE IT YASELF!!! created ya own tunes fully man... don't use anything else that could get you into trobble... personally i don't see whats so fun about using other ppls riffs... ITS GAY!!!! its not uneak....

honestly man... when you make a hardcore tune... and everything in it is YOU!!! the leads, samples, ect... and its all been composed by YOU!!! and then someone listens to it and you watch someone banging there head or boncing round raving to it.... ITS THE BEST FEELING EVER MAN!!! cuse end of the day... ITS ALL YOU!!! AND THERE RAVING!!! AND ITS ALL BEEN COMPOSED BY YOU... ITS ****ING BAD ASS!!! I TELL YA!!!!

but after saying that.... at the same time....
how would you feel if....
THIS TUNE THAT PPL ARE RAVING TOO, THAT GAVE YOU A BUZZ CUSE IT WAS MADE BY YOU.....
was being broadcasted on the radiop, or tv.... BY SOME OTHER ARTIST!!!!

sorry but I'D SUE THERE ASS!!!!! RIGHT THERE... RIGHT THEN
the fact is... if you created something... and ppl are loving it... you want the siasfacten for it... cuse you verserve it...
if someone rips it... and they get more populer... and more sasifacen... then THERE CHEATING... THEY ARE A CHEAT... all they had to do was get the melody and some samples and remix it.... they didn't create the tune in the first place... so in that case you would be pissed off
and i personally think that these artists have a right to sue./.. just hardcore does if other arsit rip them

End of the day... hardcore needs to put its foot down...
i mean look at bonkers.... sorry for anyone who loves it but i've been listen to it for time and today its CRAP!!!!

why???? CUSE ALL THERE DOING IS REMIXS OLD TUNES!!!!
(in bonkers 12 there was a remix of a pop tune aswell... WTF!!!!)
in any latest bonkers... the only good tunes are the new ones...

e.g. bonkers 14 i hate... but "need your emoction" in dougals mix is a ****ING BAD ASS TUNE
why... cuse its knew - its most likly now where someone tells me its a remix... and then there ya go... downer again

like i say... hardcore needs to put its foot down... its needs to be original again... it needs to start becoming something man... if it keeps ripping... its just gonna go down hill and no ones gonna like it if "happy hardcore" is knows for normal tunes speeded up... thats not cool...
fair as i say

make it.... buz of it... sell it.... if they rip it.... sue it.....

simple as
Psycloud Sounds like a vicious circle to me.

If nobody knows what a tune is called then you can't buy it - if you can't buy it then the producer doesn't make any money. Now whilst I appreciate that people don't always do it for money I'm fairly sure that people who make tunes and go to the bother of putting them out on vinyl or digital download do so because they want to get the tune "out there". Fat lot of use 500 test press copies of an awesome bootleg are stuck in a box in someones garage.

There's nothing more frustrating than hearing something that is music to your ears only to be told you can't have it. Music is made for listening to.

Oh well

Psy

silver Update 2006/09/12: We are relaxing this rule, it was originally intended to protect hardcore artists as sometimes we received emails from artists asking for their sources of material in their tracks to be removed, this has causes track IDing some issues so we will deal with each track in a case by case basis from now on, if the hardcore artist wants information on the track source material removed they can email us on each case and we will edit references to it.

It took 2.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page