Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Audio Warfare - Hypnosis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Audio Warfare Hey people, got a new track finished and up on SC.

http://soundcloud.com/audio-warfare/audio-warfare-hypnosis

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Mortis Sounding really good as per. One thing I would like to hear thought is at 1:27 on the clip, when the extra layer comes in on the melody, after the three bars playing the same notes I think the last bar would sound really good if the added layer is played a few notes higher, then after the next three bars a few notes lower or vice versa if you know what I mean.
djDMS Absolute shite!
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Absolute shite!

Thanks man. :D I was aiming for absolute shite. Set your goals low and you too can be an achiever!

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Sounding really good as per. One thing I would like to hear thought is at 1:27 on the clip, when the extra layer comes in on the melody, after the three bars playing the same notes I think the last bar would sound really good if the added layer is played an octave higher, then after the next three bars an octave lower if you know what I mean.

Cheers mate. I'm not sure I follow 100% though nah. It's not an added layer as such there but added notes turning it into a chord lead. Do you mean just raise the 4th bar an octave and lower the 8th an octave? I just had a play with that but it sounds a bit odd. Maybe that isn't what you mean at all though heh.
Mortis I did mean that but not an octave, I miss typed. I meant just a few notes.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
quote:
Absolute shite!

Thanks man. :D I was aiming for absolute shite. Set your goals low and you too can be an achiever!

quote:
Sounding really good as per. One thing I would like to hear thought is at 1:27 on the clip, when the extra layer comes in on the melody, after the three bars playing the same notes I think the last bar would sound really good if the added layer is played an octave higher, then after the next three bars an octave lower if you know what I mean.

Cheers mate. I'm not sure I follow 100% though nah. It's not an added layer as such there but added notes turning it into a chord lead. Do you mean just raise the 4th bar an octave and lower the 8th an octave? I just had a play with that but it sounds a bit odd. Maybe that isn't what you mean at all though heh.

Sorry mate! Quality work as always.

I get what Mortis meant cos i heard that in my head too when i listened,
Audio Warfare
quote:

Sorry mate! Quality work as always.

Haha cheers man. :D

quote:
I did mean that but not an octave, I miss typed. I meant just a few notes.

Ah I see! That makes more sense, make them bars hit some higher chords. I'll give it a go and see if I can come up with something, cheers mate. :)
Mortis That's it. Just didn't explain myself well enough on the first post.
JayHH86 Yeah, I thought the same! That would give the overall feel a little more 'lift, would make it a smidge more euphoric.

Sounding very nice though mate. Can't remember a bad track from you to be honest.

How do you decide what samples to use? What process do you go through? You always pick good ones.
Audio Warfare
quote:
That's it. Just didn't explain myself well enough on the first post.

Reading it back it does actually make sense, think it was me. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
Sounding very nice though mate. Can't remember a bad track from you to be honest.

How do you decide what samples to use? What process do you go through? You always pick good ones.

Cheers mate. :D I have a vast bank of things I've sampled as I hear them on tv, films etc. that I think would be good in a track. Sometimes I'll do a bit of music and remember one that I think suits it, other times if I really want to use one I'll make something around it.

I guess I'm just a sampling whore haha. I'm often just listening for things to use when I should be enjoying a game/film/show. :P
Ionosphere Yes, very good but I also agree with what's already been said. We want more notes! More melody! More development! More Euphoria!

More! 8)
acidfluxxbass I think this track is very much in line with what Gary always does. I find that he uses a modulating pattern rather than an all out melody. Just his style and I think it works!
Ionosphere ....sorry mate but I couldn't resist it -

http://www.ionosphere.co.uk/AUDIO/AW:Ionosphere-Hypnosis.mp3
Mortis That's quite funky Chris.
Audio Warfare Iono - Haha will see what I can do with it. I like the clip. :D What did you put over it?

Acid - Cheers mate, glad you like it. :)
Ionosphere
quote:

Iono - Haha will see what I can do with it. I like the clip. :D What did you put over it?

Glad you're not offended mate but I really could resist it. PM'd.
djbood You already know I like the tune mate, I wouldn't change much maybe just what I wrote about the sample on soundcloud........Ion's edit to ya melody sounded pretty snazzy mind. Great job :D
Audio Warfare
quote:
Originally posted by djbood:
You already know I like the tune mate, I wouldn't change much maybe just what I wrote about the sample on soundcloud........Ion's edit to ya melody sounded pretty snazzy mind. Great job :D

Yeah cheers mate, will take a look at the sample in the final edit fo sure! :)

quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

Iono - Haha will see what I can do with it. I like the clip. :D What did you put over it?

Glad you're not offended mate but I really could resist it. PM'd.

Nice one mate, got ya PM. 8)

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page