Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Can someone please help me
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2021/05/27 :  08:36:02  Show profile Send a private message
Awhile ago when I was moving house I was robbed. I don?t believe they was after anything specific, just a chancer as they grabbed a few random boxes. One of them had a lot of hardcore CDs in them. With help from people here I was able to replace my bonkers albums and some others.

I?ve realised today that also my battle of the DJ?s albums are gone and also my absolute hardcore albums are gone too.

If anyone has them, is there any chance I could please get WAV rips or higher quality of the albums. I would be so grateful to you

Alert moderator
DJ Bounce

United Kingdom
344 posts
DJ Bounce is verified hardcore artist DJ Bounce has attended 5 events
Posted - 2021/05/27 :  19:18:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Bounce's homepage
You can pick them up quite cheap off discogs, Absolute Hardcore 3 is on there for like 7 quid posted.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2021/05/28 :  12:56:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage
yeah, with the amount I have to replace it adds up though, I dont even think they was aiming to rob my CD's, just take any brown box they could carry, I was gutted.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/05/28 :  13:44:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Sadly, I dont have Absolute Hardcore on CD (only the vinyls)

Also, how do you get any higher quality than WAV? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

htid_4_life

United Kingdom
305 posts
Posted - 2021/05/29 :  13:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit htid_4_life's homepage
good point lol

ReMax

United Kingdom
38 posts
Posted - 2021/05/29 :  19:19:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ReMax's homepage
isn't FLAC better quality?

done some checking if you're looking to save on large file sizes and have metadata (track names/artwork etc) then FLAC would be a better option

from what i can tell the quality is the same as WAV

Edited by - ReMax on 2021/05/29 19:26:39
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2021/05/29 :  21:05:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ReMax:
isn't FLAC better quality?

done some checking if you're looking to save on large file sizes and have metadata (track names/artwork etc) then FLAC would be a better option

from what i can tell the quality is the same as WAV

Not really, especially when it comes to regular audio CD. They are 1411kbps/16-bit/44.1kHz only.
And FLACs are mostly just compressed WAV files

IZE
Starting Member

Singapore
6 posts
Posted - 2021/05/30 :  02:59:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit IZE's homepage
flac is wav in somewhat like a rar file, u can simply unpack it back to its true aiff/wav form

BUT many files sold online are mp3s up-converted and disguise as flac and sold it to none the wiser at a premium cost which is bad, very bad

Edited by - IZE on 2021/05/30 03:00:46
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2021/05/30 :  05:24:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by IZE:
flac is wav in somewhat like a rar file, u can simply unpack it back to its true aiff/wav form

BUT many files sold online are mp3s up-converted and disguise as flac and sold it to none the wiser at a premium cost which is bad, very bad

There's lots of hardcore like this. Hardcore artists didn't seem to care about keeping track of their music.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2021/05/30 :  08:11:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by IZE:

sadly, quite a lot of the NuEnergy bundle and some of Al storms retro bundles have the same issues

ReMax

United Kingdom
38 posts
Posted - 2021/05/31 :  16:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ReMax's homepage
ah cool, i learned something new today :)

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2021/06/01 :  06:54:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
Awhile ago when I was moving house I was robbed. I don?t believe they was after anything specific, just a chancer as they grabbed a few random boxes. One of them had a lot of hardcore CDs in them. With help from people here I was able to replace my bonkers albums and some others.

I?ve realised today that also my battle of the DJ?s albums are gone and also my absolute hardcore albums are gone too.

If anyone has them, is there any chance I could please get WAV rips or higher quality of the albums. I would be so grateful to you

I have the absolute ones mate. If not all three i defo have two of them. Drop us a dm and il sort something for you

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

IZE
Starting Member

Singapore
6 posts
Posted - 2021/06/11 :  12:53:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit IZE's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
sadly, quite a lot of the NuEnergy bundle and some of Al storms retro bundles have the same issues

yup, NuEnergy is notoriously corrupt in this with many of its early releases <2003. I did some investigative work and some of it are the EXACT same track downoaded from mp3 scene groups (which was released way back in early 2000s) as you could clearly hear the same vinyl crackle at the same spots. I also compare the spectral analysis of its 'wav' to vinyl version and a old bonkers compilation, totally different frequencies. NE just took that mp3 did some EQ work, convert it to wav and voila up for sale.

Very dissapointed, they had one of the best early freeform out there and does not deserve this kind of disrespect.

If they sold it as mp3 only i wouldnt be so appalled by it, but instead they took us for fools and sold it at a extra cost for a 'wav' format on junodownload

Edited by - IZE on 2021/06/11 13:05:46

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page