Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 kande kids?????
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Trixy(glo)
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  17:49:31  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Trixy(glo)'s homepage
hullos im from the USA and i was wondering if any other place had kande kids or candy ravers besides the united states and if so how kande are they?
if yoyu dont know what a kande kid is go to mah websitehttp://www.hometown.aol.com/sk8rbaby8686/index.html
yea do you guys have Ufos? there pants and do you knwo who anabolic frolic (www.anabolic-frolic.com) hes the best happyhardcore dj
do you know what PLURR is?
i am going to feel soooo stupid if you guys ahve all this stuff but i dun no so im aksin thanx

lil bout me
mah name is Trixyglo (or kim)
im 15 years old
i live in pittsburgh, pa, USA
i love happyhardcore

if you want to chat leave a message in this or at [email protected] thanx buh byes mauhhs

a am representin mah kande kids from p-burgh and mah ravahs all around here yea yea RAVE ON plurr *~* Trixyglo*~*

Alert moderator
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  18:14:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Hi ya Kim.
Good to know another personnlikes happy hardcore.

I know that plur stands for peace, love, unity, respect, I asume you didn't mean to put the xtra R.

We dont have candy kids here in England, although some people have glowing things around them, but not many. We have loads of people with white gloves, whistles, horns yellow, sometimes orange jackets, glow sticks, stuff like that.

Not sure about UFO bottoms though ?

Anabolic Frolic is the bollox of a dj (thats good). I heard quite a few of his Happy 2b hardcore cds. Would love to hear him live. Simon Apex does a few gigs here in the UK.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Trixy(glo)
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  18:30:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trixy(glo)'s homepage
hey there mc oh well in the pic above of me i got some ufos on they have thick strings called atssel that hang ou of the side of your pants lol no reaosn wow candy kids are big here heheh if you want i could send you a pic you will be amazed nothin like it there the best(good) vibe for our scene so you live in the uk? what part i want to move there, just for the scene

a am representin mah kande kids from p-burgh and mah ravahs all around here yea yea RAVE ON plurr *~* Trixyglo*~*

Jams

Canada
50 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  18:38:56  Show profile  Send a private message
Well we have Candy Kids here as well but most people see them as annoying and they aren't that respected. I think they usually add to the vibe but they can be a nusance at times.

As for Anabolic Frolic being the best HHC DJ. I would have to argue with that. I have seen him b4 and i wasn't that impressed and as for the H2BH CDs those are not that impressive either. Being that you are in the US that is probably the most known HHC CDs available to you. I find the same thing with most people around here as well. I mean there was a party here about a year ago with both Anabolic Frolic and Slipmatt and all these candy kids were more excited to see Frolic than Slipmatt. None of them even knew who Slipmatt was or that he is the Godfather of HHC.

I suggest you broaden your CD collection and listen to some of the UK HHC DJs. A few suggestions would be Brisk, Sy & Unknown, Vibes, Hixxy, Dougal, etc, etc.

You might find that you have been missing out on a lot of good hardcore.

"I'm a raver not a crazy drug addict" - MC Storm

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  19:01:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
im not a candy raver myself, but here in Toronto...theres tones of em.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Trixy(glo)
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  19:04:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trixy(glo)'s homepage
hey jams, here kandy kiis arent respected alot either but they arent annoying unless they are rolling(on ecstasy) thanx alot about the other djs i listen to them, actually i listen to everything , jungle/house/dnb/trance i like it all

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  22:00:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
Well, I guess I am a candy kid. I don't sit around talking about plur all day, nothing wrong with that as a general outlook on life, but I do go to raves with green ufo's (gotta love those reflective straps) and a couple of bracelets. Candy (as well as happy hardcore itself) is pretty big in sacramento, even the occasional angry- looking junglist (not generalizing) sports some candy. Usually it helps just lightening the atmosphere, sactown vibes at raves can be really great, and I will say that wearing light-weight pants is a plus when you're dancing for hours. Only thing I hate is loosing crap out of my pockets (should've gotten the zippered UFO's. doh!) Anabolic frolic is a great dj, and it shows much more on his weekly radio show over at 1groove.com than his anthem filled cd mixes, but I wouldn't say he's the BEST by far. Unfortunately (for north america) many great hhc dj's are overseas, but I will have to say the growing scenes are definitely much more exciting over here. I say support your local hhc dj's or become one, that's truly the best way to develop good scene in the US. Peace
-Lixx

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/10/16 :  23:39:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
i played at a party in pittsburgh about a week and a half ago.. its an awesome city for hhc :) love to come back!

adam

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  04:33:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Trixy(glo):

hey there mc oh well in the pic above of me i got some ufos on they have thick strings called atssel that hang ou of the side of your pants lol no reaosn wow candy kids are big here heheh if you want i could send you a pic you will be amazed nothin like it there the best(good) vibe for our scene so you live in the uk? what part i want to move there, just for the scene

I live in a town called Harlow. Its in a county (which are basically like states) called Essex. Its right on the side of London. Loads of raves all over the county but most off them are in the south.

I would love to go raving over in the US or Canada just to see how its like in another country. But I think over in the UK you will see so many more quality DJ's and MC's.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  04:36:54  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by virus:

i played at a party in pittsburgh about a week and a half ago.. its an awesome city for hhc :) love to come back!

Virus I was just wondering if you have played over here in the UK or even just been over to see what its like at raves.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  11:18:15  Show profile  Send a private message
hey i wanna go ravin' overseas too, think happyhardcore.com can set up a foreign exchange program to send UK peeps over here and US peeps over there?

"If Yoda so smart in Force is, why words in right order he put not?"

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  20:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
hehe
ok time for my rant
candykids are great... they add a certain element to a party. I love the whole candy attitude, even though i don't deck myself out in fur. It's not about wearing fur and bright colors, but rather it's about just being the life of the party and being willing to smile at anyone who crosses your way. we've all been on the dancefloor at some point where a really wikked tune comes on and you feel like everyone around you is smiling as hard as you are-that you are surrounded by friends. that's the essence of plur in my opinion. People who wear candy just for the sake of saying they're candykids(and i know many people like this) are missing the point.

Next. Frolic can lick my balls. There's FAR FAR better hhc djs. That is all

A wise man once said duh.

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/17 :  22:48:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
virus::: ever play cleveland?

"We'll always be together, forever for it seems. We'll always be together in electric dreams. "

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  00:03:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
rizladizla: i've never been to the UK.. id LOVE to.. you should get someone to book me over there!! :) ive lots of experience!

and kg4, i was booked in columbus once before, but i havent played in cleveland.. i'd love to tho! I drove through there once, we ate at a harveys (i think) there :) again, bug your local promoters :)

djvirus.purerave.com!

adam

Mr LoSTiT
Average Member

United States
212 posts
Mr LoSTiT has attended 5 events
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  01:02:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mr LoSTiT's homepage
you know it amazing that the old subject changed ( i think in my opinion it did) but anyways to tell you the trouth i havent found and kandy kids her in Hayward and if there is than im stupid and or not lookin hard enough

I cant stop being evil >:)

A crazy homeless guy predicted my rebirth. Sometimes I wonder if he was really crazy, or if he truly was a prophet. But, then I saw the crack fall out of his pocket :/

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  01:44:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Sorry to say this but Groove was a pretty damn shit movie, not only for being a bit of misrepresentation of the scene (maybe not the american one, im not that knowlegable of it) but having some of the shoddiest acting ever. Why would you try to do a watered down picture of the scene for dumb americans, when you could make an awesome pic like human traffic, which while off the topic, didn't just aid the theory of 'kids on drugs dancing to repetitive music'. Better yet documentaries like Better living through circutry which gave an awesome impression of the scene which wasn't fabricated crap.

Groove had the occasional element of realism but mostly, it was a pretty damn poor movie.

Sorry off the topiuc there a bit.

Kandy Kids at raves are some of the best people to meet. You'd never meet people that friendly or good to talk to anywhere else...

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page