Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hard House/NRG vs Freeform
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/12/13 :  19:00:46  Show profile Send a private message
I think (or hope rather) that the current stagnating state of hard house in england would be a time for freeform to capitalise on the scenes imminent downturn.

While a lot of freeform thats coming out is getting close sounding to NRG, the other worrying thing that could happen is that Freeform is just absorbed into NRG as another influence and strengthens their scene. That would be crap but with tracks like Fury - 555/Devils out there, its a damn possibility.

WE CANT LET IT HAPPEN!

I love freeform because it doesnt just opt to sound like trance and when it uses drum and bass in it it fits cause its dark and doesnt just seem pasted in for variety as it does with a lot of happycore tunes. I don't care if people fall for the cheap rush of predictable NRG breakdowns, freeform is to good to just become a part of it.

Fenix is coming up from sydney to play a freeform set in the hardcore room at system6 this weekend and I'll be proper stompin it up weather the million Hard house nobs there are into it or not.

Hardcore has made a nice comeback into our minescule scene here and I would love for nothing more than freeform to come in as these peoples next big thing and do over all these hard house pussies.

I dont even know how much freeform is being produced at the moment, but I have never heard it live and I always like it more than normal hardcore cause its so much darker and more eclectic.

Does anyone else think that freeform could be the end of this hard house nonsense? We can make it happen! I know i'll be pushing it at upcoming events...

www.mp3.com/djheist

Alert moderator
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/12/13 :  19:08:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
dont let it be of the mayority.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2001/12/13 :  20:01:18  Show profile  Send a private message
sorry not very educated on freeform,or hard house or NRG for that mata...to be honest i always find myself comparing freeform to other genres that it has evolved from but teh mor ei listen teh more i am apreciating it as a stand alone genr ein it's own rite:D I think that hard house has always been a "go nowhere genre" as far as i was concerned yet ther eis this one guy who i know and he swears by hard hosu elike i swear by my hardcore so mayeb hard house will turn out liek hardcore go.......lose alot sof its Commercial following soon and begin to produce some new n orignal stuf fliek happy hardcore diod afta a while....And even tho im nto a fan of hard hous ethat has got to be good fo rpeople like my friend who genuinely liek the muzik....i also been listenin to alot of gabber n ordering alot of vinyl as well that is gabber......so maybe soon i oreder soem free form to...im really begging to broaden my msuicall tatses now i think:d befor ei was hardcore or old skool that wa sit....or dar ei say it the.....origianl soft rock of the 80's:(..oops but bak on topic.......I think pushing free form wud b a gr8 idea as it has alot of orginal concpets...unlike hhc altho nmy personall fave there aint much to attract peopel who didnt liek it say 2-3 years ago....it still teh same formula really.,

Ant B

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2001/12/14 :  03:02:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
well hard house is already starting to die off, or depending on your perspective, innovate (though i wonder if it can truly be called innovation). Labels aren't content anymore with the same old hoover-breakdown-buildup-hoover formula that hardhouse clings too, and thats why labels like Tidy Tracks and Stimulant Records, to say nothing of proper nu-nrg labels like tinrib, are moving into areas like hard trance, hoover trance, etc...

Freeform is what i spin, so i may be a bit biased in what i'm saying... but what drew me into freeform was that the style just borrows good elements from so many different genres... i could play a set that sounds like trancey hhc and then play another one that's dark as ****, full of jungle breaks etc... Anyways this is beside the point. it's a much more musical style than hard house, nrg, etc... and it's becoming much more accessible to people who are pissed off at hard house in that newer releases are lower on the bpm scale (the choons you mentioned, DJ Fury - 555/Devil's Fury is very slow). Other releases like Rez-Rez Out and Energy vs S4-Evil Returns sound very reminiscent of nu-nrg and as such this will attract a lot of people...

As for the current state of freeform production right now, well... it's huge. Stompin Choonz started up again roughly 5 months ago, and there's a fresh new batch of releases from Nu Energy, Bonkerz and Stompin Choonz coming up from what i've heard. HectTech has a few freeform releases coming up (htec024A has a GABBER sequence in the middle that's tough as ****) and the fan-****in-tastic Digital Beats label is being revived by Shanty and Tazz, with its first release coming very soon. There's a few other new labels popping up - Phase 04 Records, Tilzs' Madness+Mayhem Records, Dionysus' Romantek Records, Simon Apex' No Control Records... there's more that i'm forgetting. Many of these labels are American, which is surprising, but shows that the US hardcore scene is really starting to come of age and start being self-sustaining to some degree.

In any case, the next year is going to witness a big boom in the freeform scene. should be fun

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it -- Sir Winston Churchill

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page