Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 we'll never forget you mc sharkey
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  15:01:37  Show profile Send a private message
posted by him from ush.net

Hello all!!!

I have come to the decision to retire completely from my work on the Microphone. I have given ten good years to this and feel that i cannot take it forward anymore. I have to be ****ed to be on the ravers and my own level to enjoy this as everyone else is and that is my style. This has taken its toll on my body and i cannot carry on taking drugs. I do not recover very well and I do not want to f**k all the other things I do up.
I have been to rehab twice and I have no self control and once i start i cannot stop. the only way i can take drugs now is not at all. and wish to stop as I feel that i have more to give in other areas of the scene. I wish to remove drugs from my life completely and this is one of the ways that i can do it.
I am 28 years old and have partied f**kin hard and had a great time, but like all things it must come to an end. I have to play out most weekends and I produce full time in the week and something has to give. I feel that i have more to offer in the studio and D.J ing and wish to further my career in the production side of dance music. I am busy training up new artists so that the hardcore scene can be more productive and we can look for tomorrow and bleed new talent into the scene.
I have stopped working on the microphone before but felt that there was not alot of new M.C's coming thru and was asked by you the clubber to come back. I did and had a second coming it was fun, but my body cannot take the shit I put it thru week in and week out.
Please dont ask me to come back again as this cannot happen anymore. Everyone gets promoted and moves on into new work, and after ten years for my scene i wish to move on to. I hope you respect this, and do not worry i am not walking away from the hardcore scene i am just moving on into my new field of work production.
I would like to thank all the people i have worked for as an M.C and more importantly i would like to thank all the crazy hardcore heads who have made my time on the microphone memorable(and ****ed lol).
I hope you all still wish to support me in my career change, and i will see you all as normal every week mixing. It is a big decision for me to do this and a decision that has not come easily. i hold so many memories in my heart of the time i spent at Aldershot/Skelter/Druid/etc and i will hold them forever. I cannot re live the good old days when I was in my prime.It is alot for me to let go of and I still cannot beleive that i am stopping getting wrecked(thats a hard one, but it MUST happen!) I have thought long and hard about this and hope for your continued support on this change in my life.

Peace and love to all

Sharkz

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  19:30:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
aww =( we'll mis u sharkey

"It's all good..."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  20:25:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
well its a good thing if it means he will stop doing drugs.

"if you drugs then you're a hippy. and hippies suck."

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  21:33:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
True, sacrafices sumtimes have to be made to get over shiet like that. good to see him doin whats best for him

respekts!!!!

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/06/27 :  06:19:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
shame he was a good mc. Wel at least he's giving up drugs like Virus said but also he said he was training new talent for the Hardcore scene...Thats definatly a very good thing. well done Sharkey.

Sy.

sammypoohuk

United Kingdom
387 posts

6 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/27 :  07:58:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sammypoohuk's homepage
i used to h8 all mc`s apart from him and storm....they made me like mc`s!!!
thanx sharkey!!! we will miss u!!

..SaMmY..

DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
DiamondDog has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/06/27 :  10:29:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage
He was definetley the best mc along with Robbie D and will certainly be missed, at least he'll still be involved in the scene though.

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/06/27 :  11:47:58  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
gutted
sharkeys the best ****in mc, oh well, spose ill have to listen to that garage mc, whiizzkid
:/

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/06/27 :  15:39:07  Show profile  Send a private message
Big up it takes balls 2 say summat liek that and make a decision liek that....To thousands of ravers aswell...Good luck sharkey thats what i say.. Thanx for teh memories, glad hes still staying in the hardcore scene it wudnt b the same wivotu him.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

MC ADB

United States
89 posts
MC ADB has attended 14 events
Posted - 2002/06/30 :  07:33:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC ADB's homepage
It's a dark day in hardcore when we lose an mc like sharkey. But drugs dont make the mc, the mc does! Keep it clean, keep it hardcore, keep it in your pants!
To the future. Adrian

MC ADB
Lyrical Engineer
Sonicfury.net

Tel: 402 730 7355

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/30 :  18:18:29  Show profile  Send a private message
i didn't even get a say on my post earlier! so i'll say what i gotta say now
i bet there's a load of mc's out there that were influenced by sharkey. and those mc's wouldn't be the mc they are now if it wasn't for him.
well done sharkey,you've done our scene proud.

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

JPEG
Starting Member

Japan
5 posts
Posted - 2002/07/01 :  03:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message
I dont see this as a bad thing, he will be missed, but his going to keep producing which is a great thing. If it werent for the producers we have we'd be no where. And not just the producers but everyone, on every level. You cant have one without the other, I dont see him as quiting but simply taking a step down the ladder of steps which makes up the hardcore scene.

-JPEG`

Edited by - JPEG on 2002/07/01 03:38:50
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/01 :  10:13:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
then i have heard sharky for ones live but i dont see the fuzz about all it .

for me its his music and then there is room for other mcs.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/01 :  13:06:13  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
This post has got me in f*ckin tears
for bad and good
first im gonna miss this guy. he has made excellent music, some emotionally stunning while others downright pumpin', right down to the cheeseyist shit ive ever heard, and entertained us for the many years he's been around. Right now im listening to 'the awakening' by the man himself and i think im gonna remember this night forever, and whenever i play this tune. He's provided us with brilliant albums, like bonkers and 100% nu energy, as well as massiv tunes like take me up remix and the one and only 'toytown'.
Im REALLY gonna miss him, he always makes me laff.
But it is brilliant to see that he's giving up the drugs. we all know hes a ****in baghead and sometimes even the way he looks cracks me up, but im glad hes finally made a big decision like this. I havn't heard a lot of his mcing, but im sure gonna when i get some cash. He will always be on my turntable aswell as in my heart.

In short...

We'll miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardcore Will Never Die

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  03:57:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
the great sharky he will be sadly missed .. good to see him leave in style... hes made the right decision.. still producing yah!.. keeping it real in the hardcore scene..

what goes up must come down....

so keep popin

WEBA D

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/02 :  08:47:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
people he is not stopping mixin or producing only mcing!!!

You can't see me,because i am the future.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page