of 2

Author Thread  
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/08/01 :  16:44:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
damn i thought we were getting free beer

but seriously folks....
virtigo: although the hardcore one is so much better etc etc (we all know the arguments), the point is that it's still Nick's song - it's still his talent that's being recognised in the charts.

as a songwriter myself, it must feel awesome to have such a compliment to your song! i'm jealous you bitch!!! j/k

quote:
Don't you worry. I'm sat here now with a pen and some paper writing lyrics down. Not going to well at present but I'm sure I'll come good! Then I just need the equipment and stuff to make the tune!!!!! I actually feel that I have a fair few ideas about making some tunes. Plus, as soon as you've made one tune you get ideas about your next one quickly anyway!

you should get together with someone who does have the equipment! many producers can't write songs very well (no offence), and often resort to making covers of other songs (see over half the hardcore released over the past year). we need more good songwriters in the scene! get writing brother!

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Alert moderator Go to top of page
virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/08/02 :  08:45:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
I understand what you mean and I agree. I know full well that its Nick's song and Im gealous of him too. I want to do things like he has. But dont you worry. I'm writing down some good lyrics now with my mate Lozza who also happens to be a DJ!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/02 :  09:37:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
ok ok so dont shoot me.... but
i went out an bought it!!!

i thougth th tekno mix ov it was spot (the dog) on!!!!!

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/08/02 :  09:47:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Well mitzi, you could say you were supporting Nick's tune. If I would have bought it then thats what I would have said! As it happens I h8 Flip n Fill's mix of it and prefer the Hardcore version - The Original. Big up Nick! Quality geezer!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/02 :  09:54:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage  Reply with quote
nick has put a smile on my face on 1 or 2 occasions!!!!
(cough cough)

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  01:18:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by miss-mitzi:
nick has put a smile on my face on 1 or 2 occasions!!!!
(cough cough)

Shhhhhh! You promised!

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  02:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
two words...

U BEAUTY!

Aim for the moon, even if u miss you'll land among the stars...

qconnects

Canada
32 posts
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  09:48:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Proper respect to you, Nick. Shooting Star is making huge waves, even over here in Canada and I think the HHC scene is better off for it. Well done!

Funnnnky...

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  12:56:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
Oh man....

support like this is phenominal. I'm hearing everywgere that people are wanting to know the history of the track.

Whether they'll join the HH fold is another matter but I think it's great that our profilr is being lifted.

I'm very interested to hear the news from Canada (cheers qconnects), and to everyone else around the world, do please keep me posted if the track surfaces where you are. I know it'll probably be the Flip & Fill version but that's cool. Please do keep me posted.

Once again, I gotta say, this is the best scene to be in, and the vibe is what puts the "happy" into HH for me.

Thank you everyone!

Nick.

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  20:17:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Here in Aus most ppl know of shooting star even if they dont know Happy Hard. Its just one of those songs u dont forget even if you hear it once. I love it and think its great so keep up the good work.

Oh yeah i aint heard the F&F version but I doubt it will compare to original.

Aim for the moon, even if u miss you'll land among the stars...

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2002/08/04 :  02:42:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
im really glad its doing so well for the hhc scene and it is great to know that a song which was origionally hhc got top ten in uk charts, but im still not a huge fan of the song...but i think thats cos im kinda biased 2 happy hardcore! i feel kinda bad for slating the song right after i had heard it..(think lots of us r guilty of this !!) if i hadnt heard the hhc version i would probably love the trance one because its mixed really well...but i think ill stick with bang for now ;)

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  03:32:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Pacman, you said:
you should get together with someone who does have the equipment! many producers can't write songs very well (no offence), and often resort to making covers of other songs (see over half the hardcore released over the past year). we need more good songwriters in the scene! get writing brother!

I have written a tune and it didnt take me that long really. I just thort of my girlfriend and it all came to be. I called it 'Velvet Skies'. I've even posted it to DJ Sy and he said it was good. Cant be bad eh? I would post it up but someone might steal it so I'll keep it to myself for now I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page