Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Hardcore Harry Presents.. 'Nasty'
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  12:47:41  Show profile Send a private message
hey peeps..
after my little foret into house music here is a little piece.. very much in a D+B stylee..
I found a very cheeky vocal hook that i wanted to use.. and some dirty bass lines!!

feedback welcome.

as always all my tunes are on youtube.com/hardcoreharryuk

Peace

DOWNLOAD THIS DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF 11:23 on tuesday (SO now VERSION 3 - SAME DOWNLOAD below)

http://www.4shared.com/file/122584701/8bb3c931/Hardcore_Harry_-_Nasty.html

Alert moderator

Edited by - HardcoreHarryUK on 2009/08/04 11:26:21
HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/03 :  23:09:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreHarryUK's homepage
BUMP BUMP!!

;-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomsk
Advanced Member

United States
1,660 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  00:59:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit atomsk's homepage
listening to it right now
ill listen 2 more times, ill leave some feed back.....love the bass so far, pretty rocking

@2:14-2:25
i think you should be redone 100%
i really think that part kills the whole song, it just brings the song to a halting stop... i know its a outro but it still brings it down...

i also think you should stick to the same clap in the whole song

i like the piano, idk if that was from the sample but i like it

maybe make the bass more grimy/dirty but keep it deep

other than them i like it, 7/10.. i hope i wasnt to mean =b
hope theres a rev3
also maybe a lil longer?

Edited by - atomsk on 2009/08/04 01:10:35
HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  09:23:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreHarryUK's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by atomsk:
listening to it right now
ill listen 2 more times, ill leave some feed back.....love the bass so far, pretty rocking

@2:14-2:25
i think you should be redone 100%
i really think that part kills the whole song, it just brings the song to a halting stop... i know its a outro but it still brings it down...

i also think you should stick to the same clap in the whole song

i like the piano, idk if that was from the sample but i like it

maybe make the bass more grimy/dirty but keep it deep

other than them i like it, 7/10.. i hope i wasnt to mean =b
hope theres a rev3
also maybe a lil longer?

cheers for feedback..
i think ur right the outro/breakdown doesnt really work.. especially with the vocal too (ive re listening about 20times since post)
i'm probably going to take all of that out now..

do work more on the b-line.. add some effects / changes..
the piano is from the actual vocal sample.. but im going to see if there are other parts of the tune i can sample to add just a piano.. hopefully there is!

but it is a cracking sample i have to say.. the joys of listening to radio 2 early on a sat morning!! hahah that's where the samples are guys.. ;-)

will also look at the breakbeat.. the main reason for so many diff breakbeats is i dont usual make D+B and was seeing what fitted/playing around..

but i agree defo worth a version three..

Peace :-)

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  10:49:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Had a quick listen and I think the track has potential but needs some work on it. I think the shaker is way to loud and the vocal maybe a bit over used. The rhodes piano is nice but I think maybe a play around with the sound a bit because it's not sharp enough if you know what I mean. I just noticed you said the piano is a sample, have you thought about re-creating it so it sounds a bit crisper?

HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  11:12:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreHarryUK's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Had a quick listen and I think the track has potential but needs some work on it. I think the shaker is way to loud and the vocal maybe a bit over used. The rhodes piano is nice but I think maybe a play around with the sound a bit because it's not sharp enough if you know what I mean. I just noticed you said the piano is a sample, have you thought about re-creating it so it sounds a bit crisper?

cheers for the feedback.. i'm just going through a version three.
taken out whole soft outro and replaced with second HEAVY b line..
the sample is only really used in the intro so keeping in a very old skool kinda way..
so it is blantantly a sample if that makes sense..

turning into a hard d+b track at the moment.. so we'll see where it ends up!

will post soon..

Peace

HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  11:27:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreHarryUK's homepage
version three now uploaded!!
same download as original

http://www.4shared.com/file/122584701/8bb3c931/Hardcore_Harry_-_Nasty.html

peace

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  14:44:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Still think the sample is overused in the intro, it's a shame the piano and vocal can't be separated. The square sound that you've got going on @ 40 odd seconds just doesn't sound right, but from 1:00 mark it gets good. Not sure if the bass needs to come down an octave to give it a bit more of a deep bassy feeling. Try Valsier (if your not already) for Cube::Hard, CLSM style basslines.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  16:35:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
I think like Mortis said the sample is way over used. The stuttering started to do my head in, tbh i was hoping when i heard the first few seconds it would be something like this, but obviously not House. That's what i was hoping anyway. Nice clean use of the sample which i think may work better as appose to the stuttering thing. Can you direct me to a link (youtube or something) just so i can see for myself if it would work or there are other elements like drums or something that come in that would ruin it.

That lead sample is out of key with the samples piano and vocals i'm sure, it doesn't sound right to me anyway.

When the track comes in i really like it (i believe it's the 3rd version yeah?), liking the gritty bass though i think the drums are a bit lacking. They're just not aggresive enough for me. If you're attempting some Hard D&B they're not up to it, look at people like Current Value, Donny, Spor Hard D&B experts. You don't dance to their drums, they kick the shit out of you.

Just my very jumbled, poorly explained thoughts on this one mate. It's got some serious potential, but at the moment it needs more work imo. Wouldn't mind hearing it again if you decide to give it another overhaul.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  17:54:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreHarryUK's homepage
cheers for all the feedback.. and i do agree.
the sample is wicked (i think) but overused..
the piano is actually within the vocal sample so im sure not out of key..
basically its just one sample.. (although slight pitched up)

i certainly wouldnt say the track is finished.. but there's something there thats making me want to work more on it.
even if its starting again and just using elements of the original.

i agree on the drums too.. i've not really mastered them particulary.. just arranged them more than anyhting.

i quite like the 2nd B line but i'm going to double layer each bline to give them more depth!

I'm also going to be a bit of an arse of not point u towards the original sample lol
maybe when im done!!

but i do apreciate the feedback..

look forward to hearing all your tunes soon too.

Peace

:-)

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  18:47:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HardcoreHarryUK:
cheers for all the feedback.. and i do agree.
the sample is wicked (i think) but overused..
the piano is actually within the vocal sample so im sure not out of key..
basically its just one sample.. (although slight pitched up)

i certainly wouldnt say the track is finished.. but there's something there thats making me want to work more on it.
even if its starting again and just using elements of the original.

i agree on the drums too.. i've not really mastered them particulary.. just arranged them more than anyhting.

i quite like the 2nd B line but i'm going to double layer each bline to give them more depth!

I'm also going to be a bit of an arse of not point u towards the original sample lol
maybe when im done!!

but i do apreciate the feedback..

look forward to hearing all your tunes soon too.

Peace

:-)

I mean the sort of stab sample that comes in just before the the track comes in and then plays through the track, sounds out of key with the piano from the track you've sampled.

Lol i wasn't planning on doing a version myself mate, i just wanted to see how the track progressed so i'd know whether or not it would have been possibel to use more of the sample. Found it myself anyway, tapped the lyrics into google ;).

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

HardcoreHarryUK

United Kingdom
100 posts
Posted - 2009/08/04 :  19:19:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreHarryUK's homepage

Lol i wasn't planning on doing a version myself mate, i just wanted to see how the track progressed so i'd know whether or not it would have been possibel to use more of the sample. Found it myself anyway, tapped the lyrics into google ;).
[/quote]

DAM GOOGLE LOL!!

cheers for feedback..
i get u about the part being out of key.. probably is..
as its the original sample pitched up high.. and used as a stab
cheers for help.

the original where the sample is from is cool isnt it?

peace

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page