Where are the Ladies?!!!!!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
jambo 29

United Kingdom
135 posts
Posted - 2003/06/13 :  13:25:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It would b nice 2 c more women djs given a chance 2 prove there skills on the decks

Alert moderator Go to top of page
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/06/13 :  14:07:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
IMO if the DJ is female its always a good thing

zarlon

Canada
94 posts
Posted - 2003/06/14 :  10:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zarlon's homepage  Reply with quote
I have 6 to 7 gigs of happy hardcore/oldschool hardcore on my hard drive at home, I'm a happyhardcore mc (who has yet to get on tha stage =/..) who knows all six to seven gigs of tracks word for word beat for beat sample for sample... lol... Oh yeah, I'll probably start spinning the hhC soon, if my budget allows it. =)

I've also started work on a happycore track or two, collaborations with a friend and whatnot... Pretty interested with the world of music.

Oh, hey, look.. and I'm a chick too!! Trés étrange, non?

I guess this applies to a lot of things in today's society, but I see a lot of females being intimidated by the lack of, well, female participation in certain industries. They prefer to take the attitude that if something is/has been dominated by males in the past, that it will, and should always be. (Well, if you don't get the ball rollin', change will never happen!)
I think that what the wimmen' artists need is to suck it up, and get out there.

..Hardcore ain't just a guys sport, yah know.

(Btw.. what ch'all think of a female, non english accented happy hardcore mc... yes, no? maybe so?)

peace :)

kande
Starting Member

United States
17 posts
Posted - 2003/06/14 :  11:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by zarlon:
I guess this applies to a lot of things in today's society, but I see a lot of females being intimidated by the lack of, well, female participation in certain industries. They prefer to take the attitude that if something is/has been dominated by males in the past, that it will, and should always be. (Well, if you don't get the ball rollin', change will never happen!)
I think that what the wimmen' artists need is to suck it up, and get out there.

I disagree- The women who are out there poundin out the 'core, are the ones who are strong enough to overcome alll of the obstacles that stand in the way from being a female dj. I dont see that as the way women DJs think at all- we know going into it that there arent all that many... From my experience at least, its not ,e being scared to play, or to be one of the FEW women hardcore DJs (and yes i mean hardcore, i spin WAY more gabbr than hhc) *BUT* that the problem lies in the people who are interested in booking me. Tits seem to come before talent, at least from my experience, though id like to hear from another girl whose had a different experience...

CaNDi

Canada
23 posts
Posted - 2003/06/14 :  17:24:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hey...there are very few female djs....and i think there should be more....I have tables I spin in calgary...but we need more Ladies
'

PLUR

»»CäÑdÏ««

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/06/15 :  01:33:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
i think the females are mostly less into music buying / producing / mixing

but when more girls are doing that more female djs will be booked

and some djs say girls have less talent / skills is ********.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/06/15 :  01:40:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrsmataveli:
At the moment im producing(trying anyway) and it's like whats the sense in making a Cd and sending it off like anyone will listen to it, they would see that im a female and chuck it. I might sound like im being bias but thats how it comes across. As soon as i can i will send a CD or somit and let you all judge.

Send it to me, I release tunes that are quality, I don't care what sex you are...

Plus the terrible twins release of NuEnergy is two female producers if you are interested.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/06/15 :  02:57:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Personally i'd love to c more female hardcore dj's, Scott Brown and Sy and evry1 are wicked but they don't really float my boat if ya know what i mean. Now get a few good looking women djing and u have corking music and some eye candy aswell!!!

Sorry for the totally sexist attitude there! 1000's of years of evolution was lost on me:S

Seriously tho i think female hardcore dj's deserve serious credit for getting into the scene esp the gabber dj's ( cus u only ever see about 4 women in the techno room even if it's rammed :( ). It seems harder for a female dj over here than in the states by the sound of it for sum reason:(

So im teaching me lil sista to dj so by the time she's sixteen she'll be ripping it up at the sanctuary:D

In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperates us.

kande
Starting Member

United States
17 posts
Posted - 2003/06/15 :  12:31:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i am HORRIFIED to see that someone actually posted here that female DJs have less talent then men...

my tits dont make me less able to match a beat and mix a song...

put me in a room with DJs at my same level and I will keep my own or surpass them every ****ing time...

no need for a sexist attitude...

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/06/15 :  12:55:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kande:

my tits dont make me less able to match a beat and mix a song...

Yeah but I bet they get you places and things I can never get.

I feel I need implants and I need 'em quick .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!

Inferno

United States
109 posts
Inferno has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/06/15 :  20:43:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Inferno's homepage  Reply with quote
Daveo:

quote:
Im all for female DJ's myself.

And I'm sure it's not the "female" part he likes best.

(only joking)

I've only just started spinning, and I've got plenty of time to get good, too.

mollymush

United States
28 posts
Posted - 2003/07/01 :  11:12:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mollymush's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey I just thought I would chime in on this topic....lately a lot more female djs have been popping up, especially in the hardcore scene in the US. I actually threw a party that was all female hardcore djs, only 1 room though, 7 djs.

I am pretty lucky, living in the SF bay area female djs are very accepted, and the numbers keep growing. It sucks that some of you seem to be getting booked only because you are a girl or that promoters are expecting you to sleep your way to the top. Be strong ad just keep popping out the mixes. No matter what, talent will get you far in the end.

If you guys get a chance to check out any female hardcore djs these are the ones I have been impressed with time and time again: DJ Cynikal (Los Angeles, Ca) she spins happy gabber and happy hardcore, and hardcore. She blows any male dj I have seen away, there is nothign this chick can't do, 50 trax in an hour what!?!?!!;) She should have a mix up soon. Also DJ Lite Brite from the east coast spins Happy Hardcore, 2-Step, DnB. She ****s it up on the decks, and has some incredibly rare trax. And of course Chris E Manic, who needs no introduction. She has stepped over the boundry of dj to producers, and puts out some wicked trax. I wonder if her name seeming like a males has anythign to do with that?........

molly
www.mollymush.com
www.hardcoreforthepeople.com

Chrysostomou

United Kingdom
381 posts
Posted - 2003/07/02 :  00:40:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chrysostomou's homepage  Reply with quote
I haven't seen one HHC female dj in the uk but that certainly doesn't mean that women aren't just as good... I would be very interested to hear some female mixing on the online radio so come on girls send some in, and get in there with the big boys

HARDCORE TILL I DIE!
if video games affected us as children, then we would all be running around in dark rooms, munching magical pills and dancing to repetitive music!

kande
Starting Member

United States
17 posts
Posted - 2003/07/24 :  17:47:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
im gonna throw a shameless plug for my new boards out there.. im officially with evl beatz productions outta nyc ;)http://pub151.ezboard.com/bevlbeatproductions15806

ravinlil

United Kingdom
22 posts
ravinlil has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/07/26 :  03:30:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I love the music and everything thing about it, I would love to be a great female hardcore Dj Ive done some mixes on my mates decks and ive got to say Im not that bad! but the problem is I ant got anough money to buy a decient pair of decks or the vynal Ive bin lookin for about 2 years for some decient decks (on the cheeper side!) but there aint none. I think this is why there arnt many women Djs because there aint enough opportunity to equip yoursely without a big wad of cash behind you the same could be said for men too but its also consedered to be more of a lads thing to do. Well thats just my oppinion speaking from experiance that is.

remember keep on ravin!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page