Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/09/06 :  07:23:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
The Good

Daniel Seven & Buzz - Here to stay
Darwin, in-effect & Buzzy feat Fraz - Don't say goodbye
Hartshorn - Enjoy the moment
Sc@r - Live it up (Daniel seven Remix)
D-Lyte - Neon Dreams (Macks wolf remix) he remembered what speed hardcore is this time.
Frisky & Hijub - Love me forever (Ryan kore remix)
Ian K - YTR
Mr Ripley - find your way
Maxi Malone - I wanna know you
Contraption - dreaming of another way (Audio-x remix)

The Bad

Hommarju - The father
Getty - Quantum 2.0
Nakura - Just like before (Jazakid remix)
Kujinfu - Going deeper
Luna C - My Angel (E_tank remix)
J-Trax & Ak47 - Take off (not sure the middle of the track makes up for the start and end)
EzKill - Don't wanna play (God the drop doesn't do the buildup justice)
Seventhrun - Hurricane
Empyreal - Grenzganger

The OK

Daniel Seven - Sun on the ocean
Triplestar - Timeshift
Milano 84 feat Killme Alice - Awesome (Daniel 7 remix)
Chris fear & Daniel seven - You realize
Vau Boy - Rule the world
Bellatrax feat sophie may - I can't help myself (Daniel 7 remix)
Daniel Seven - this dream (Fracus remix)
Daniel Seven & Sc@r feat Dionne - Here and now (UFO remix)
Dounghboy - don't wake me
E_tank - freefall
Audio X - Sick game
Relect & 4 - Find you
Jimmy J & Cru-l-t - Sick Days (Bad Corey & evolutionise Remix)
Ultravibes - dream of me
Force & evolution - perfect dreams (no left turn remix)
Serotonez - Let you in
Entity - Stargazer (frenchcore mix)
Aos & Fracus - wanna be with you
Chris Fear & Aos - refuse to be denied
Aos & angerzone - Bad sensation
Fracus & darwin - Make it tonight
Darwin & Aos -What are you waiting for
Fracus & darwin & S3rl - moonlit eyes
Jack in the box - perfect love
Aos & newton Mea - Alive in the night
Jack in the box - Original Posse
Claxton - Nu dawn
Jack in the box & Fracus - Like this
Aos & Claxton - Epiphany
Aos - Find me

The Horrid

Jazakid - Dance Track
Ranzor & Debisco - mana spring (there are however 45 good seconds that don't make up for this mess)
Graz - Handzup (Oh dear god)
Getty & Noriken - Burnd out

The Great

Daniel Seven & Darwin - kick it again.
Alaguan - Safety net (said as much when HH6 came out - best hardcore "non gabber" tune out this year)

From a quick listen of course and some of these ok tracks could be growers i guess. Don't think there was any slow shit which is a big plus for HU.

Thanks for the list. I now know the ones you claim to be horrid are probably good and the ones you say are great are probably terrible:)

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Cedaron
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2020/09/06 :  08:45:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cedaron's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The Good
The Bad
The OK
The Horrid
The Great

It's always fascinating how tastes differ even within a niche genre ;). Many of the tracks you like, I like too. But I also love some "bad" ones, even two of the "horrid" ones:
Jazakid - Dance Track

The Grenzgaenger one is a really growing when just listened as single track. For one the original bpm fits the track more, on the other hand its 1995 gabber style sticks out in an odd way between all these more or less modern tracks.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/09/07 :  06:55:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cedaron:
quote:
The Good
The Bad
The OK
The Horrid
The Great

It's always fascinating how tastes differ even within a niche genre ;). Many of the tracks you like, I like too. But I also love some "bad" ones, even two of the "horrid" ones:
Jazakid - Dance Track

The Grenzgaenger one is a really growing when just listened as single track. For one the original bpm fits the track more, on the other hand its 1995 gabber style sticks out in an odd way between all these more or less modern tracks.

Well it's personal opinion I'm expressing obviously. We don't always agree on what tickles our tummies.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/09/26 :  02:15:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
*Review based on track selection, not dj skill*

Well, after grabbing the USB from Kevin Energy, so far, HU8 has been pretty underwhelming. Multiple 10/10 5 star tracks on the usb. I can't honestly say I found one 5 star or 10/10 track on saiyan or daniel seven's disk. You know. Tingles, goosebumbs, WOW, F**K me, etc.

Don't even try to pull the "nostalgia" card on my ass. Plenty of the tracks i rated highly on the USB I have never even heard. The vast majority of modern hardcore is just not up to par ( for me). No hate, just really different tastes i guess.

I would have liked to see some more kniteforce from saiyan, i'm buying 10/10 tracks from kniteforce all day. I also feel like Daniel seven's tracks were a bit more tame & less upbeat over all than I would expect.

I of course saved AOS for last, I know my boy do me solid ;) <3, will update after I go thru his.

DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2020/09/29 :  17:32:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
I would have liked to see some more kniteforce from saiyan, i'm buying 10/10 tracks from kniteforce all day.

If I ever put more than half a disc worth of Kniteforce-owned tracks on a compilation album like this, which is what I did, shoot me in the ****ing head.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/09/29 :  17:36:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea... Variety is dead if you keep playing tracks from the same label all the time...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2020/09/29 :  19:35:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Since it's a fun thread...

for starters, no Fracus & Darwin (shock! horror!!)

CD1. Transcend & Cyrax doing a remix disc of stuff like Castles in the Sky & the Faithless track they did! Would never clear licenses in real life but it would be awesome and draw in the mainstream listener.
CD2. DJ Sy's Killa Kutz - Like Hixxy on Bonkers 13, anthems except, mixed by somebody decent with some scratching
CD3. Brisk doing a 'digging deep' mix - Like those Bunter CDs but it would be good, like his radio shows on FB/Twitch with some rarely heard but bangingingly awesome choonage.
CD4. Cotts & Ravine - I missed them since Hardcore Addiction stopped, nice fun happy stuff mixed on 20 decks, not Virtual DJ.

Hey Graham

I'm back from travelling now and writing music again, I'm certain myself and Transcend will do another bootleg end of the year/beginning of January

Tremendous :D Will certainly keep an eye out for that!

Ta da!!!!

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2020/10/01 :  00:11:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah I'm pretty bummed that we don't get a Fracus & Darwin mix. Quite a poor choice for the line-up if you ask me, Daniel Seven is good but a bigger name DJ is needed to supplement the other artists featured. Saiyan / Aos haven't made enough of a mark on the industry to yet warrant a place on HU of all things. In particular I've been impressed with Aos but he's still relatively to hardcore (at least to my knowledge). As others have mentioned some J-core would be really appreciated on future albums, Shimamura and Jakazid I'm always impressed with.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/10/01 :  13:33:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll take okay...

danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2020/10/01 :  14:13:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Yeah I'm pretty bummed that we don't get a Fracus & Darwin mix. Quite a poor choice for the line-up if you ask me, Daniel Seven is good but a bigger name DJ is needed to supplement the other artists featured. Saiyan / Aos haven't made enough of a mark on the industry to yet warrant a place on HU of all things. In particular I've been impressed with Aos but he's still relatively to hardcore (at least to my knowledge). As others have mentioned some J-core would be really appreciated on future albums, Shimamura and Jakazid I'm always impressed with.

Shimamura mixed the previous volume alongside Al Storm, and when the first Hardcore Underground album was made back in 2006, no one was a "big name" back then.

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2020/10/02 :  01:06:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage  Reply with quote
I was going to say that...

'Can be a yay for a 4th in a roll mix by Fracus & Darwin, considering that they didn't stop to offer the Hardcore Heaven 6 and TSIHU2 mixes, excluding podcast'

But >personal preferences<

As I said (I don't remember if I wrote that but LOL), is okay HU8 does have some spotlight for the current masses. Already, Daniel Seven has done some awesome job during these years, but AoS and Saiyan is still new for me (I'll focus so soon guys).

Talking about >preferences<, JAKAZiD needs appear with 3 CD project, a mix with the best of his career, UK pure flavor and J-Core + UK style. It needs to be happen.

(Advice: Does it count the bootlegs?)

DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2020/10/03 :  19:02:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Saiyan / Aos haven't made enough of a mark on the industry to yet warrant a place on HU of all things.

Oh pipe down whittle man, your mom hasn't left enough of a mark on the industry.

Signed,

The Industry

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/10/03 :  22:13:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Hu Wholly own the HU album brand, so they can do whatever they want with it. And I doubt F&D would have had enough material to fill TWO whole albums so fairly close to each other...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2020/10/04 :  05:52:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I think we should all be thankful we got a mixed album in today's time of digital music, and all the tracks with the order. I think it's great to hear different DJs. Why would you want to hear F&D YET AGAIN on another disc, when there are 4 pretty recent releases (HH4, HH5, HH6, TSHU2), there needs to be room for new talent to be showcased. I'm sure they're well aware they won't please everyone, but we need to be a bit more thankful for what we do get. :)

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2021/01/17 :  18:56:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
I've just listened to each mix once from I got it, and I think I preferred aos disc, seems to be a few other peoples preferences as well, god knows when i'll listen to it again though

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page