Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2020/08/01 :  17:27:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Now that Hardcore Underground 8 has been announced, I'm finding it interesting comparing these predictions to the actual line-up

Friendly reminder that was a fun thread. Thanks Archefluxx for the reminder for this.

BTW, none of my choice were spot. Actually, since surpresively F&D had done a lot of stuff on this year, HH6 and TSIHU2 (pls stop... but continue).

About the current line up. Saiyan is new for me. Daniel Seven could be great listen him (sadly didn't picked the X-TREME HARD Promo that he made :(. sorry Dan) and AoS, outstanding producer, any mix that can recommend to listen while I wait for this one?

Shane's a good guy, he's been helping Luna-C with running Kniteforce for a long while so I'm going to assume his mix will be a big mixture of Old-school Hardcore to Modern!

Awwww thanks! :D

I'm going for a stylistically varied approach, similar to most of my DJ sets. I actually don't think I'm going to get into oldskool though, there aren't really that many people actively making it who aren't releasing through Kniteforce, so an oldskool segment would be like...."okay here's a chunk of Kniteforce tracks aaaaaand here's the rest of the mix".

I also very likely won't be getting into the 160/165 stuff, as that style just got spotlighted in a big way on HH6. I have like...one 160 track in my pool right now, and that's only because it's a killer remix of a track I have an attachment to.

But otherwise everything's on the table. Breakbeat, 4/4, vocal/non-vocal, freeform, powerstomp, makina, and I have an eye towards ending on harder stuff, bit of gabber, kick it up to uptempo/frenchcore at the end. My approach is not dissimilar to Brisk's Slammin' Vinyl Hardcore Heaven mixes, I've actually been listening to them again on the regular for inspiration.

I'm also not likely to include many of my own productions. I'd rather use the platform to spotlight some of the ridiculously talented artists out there who deserve it more. My name's on the front I'm good. xD

By the way, all of us are seeking submissions, so if anyone reading this produces hit us up on Facebook, or shoot me a WeTransfer at [email protected] with "HU8 submission" in the message field, and note whether or not you want me to share your tracks with Daniel Seven and AoS. Make sure it's an email you can be contacted at. No bootlegs or WIP clips please, we're on a clock. <3

Alert moderator Go to top of page
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/08/03 :  18:31:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
banging line up, super stoked to hear this !!

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2020/08/03 :  20:25:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Saiyan:
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
quote:
Now that Hardcore Underground 8 has been announced, I'm finding it interesting comparing these predictions to the actual line-up

Friendly reminder that was a fun thread. Thanks Archefluxx for the reminder for this.

BTW, none of my choice were spot. Actually, since surpresively F&D had done a lot of stuff on this year, HH6 and TSIHU2 (pls stop... but continue).

About the current line up. Saiyan is new for me. Daniel Seven could be great listen him (sadly didn't picked the X-TREME HARD Promo that he made :(. sorry Dan) and AoS, outstanding producer, any mix that can recommend to listen while I wait for this one?

Shane's a good guy, he's been helping Luna-C with running Kniteforce for a long while so I'm going to assume his mix will be a big mixture of Old-school Hardcore to Modern!

By the way, all of us are seeking submissions, so if anyone reading this produces hit us up on Facebook, or shoot me a WeTransfer at [email protected] with "HU8 submission" in the message field, and note whether or not you want me to share your tracks with Daniel Seven and AoS. Make sure it's an email you can be contacted at. No bootlegs or WIP clips please, we're on a clock. <3

Is their a deadline for submissions. Ive not long finished something experimental... tried a cross over of bass house and hardcore which may work well.... maybe lol

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2020/08/04 :  04:18:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage  Reply with quote
Submissions need to get to us within the next couple of weeks, we've been told to shoot for having final mixes submitted by the end of the month.

tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2020/08/05 :  19:47:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage  Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to this album. Loved Daniel Seven's album on HU as well as the various tunes he's done across several Japanese comps. Heavenly cheese all the way. Been loving AOS stuff since he hit the scene years ago. And can't wait to listen to Saiyan's mix...Canada represent!

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/08/05 :  21:20:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Yeah never in a million years would I have predicted that line-up!

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2020/08/07 :  17:09:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
Big ups to Shane! Will love seeing some Canadiana on the cover :3. It's nice to see them really throwing a monkey wrench into things with this lineup. Love F&D, Scott Brown, Brisk etc. but this feels like they're bringing it back to the vibe of the first two.

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2020/08/07 :  17:15:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
(((Accidental triple post; won't let me delete :s)))

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2020/08/07 18:33:04
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2020/08/07 :  18:29:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
(((Accidental triple post; won't let me delete :s)))

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2020/08/07 18:32:31
DJ Saiyan
Average Member

Canada
172 posts
Posted - 2020/08/19 :  17:55:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Saiyan's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey guys, just wanted to take a brief second to say thank you to everyone who submitted tracks. I wish I could take the time to email each of you individually right now, but we're all pretty much done with final selections and license agreements are being sent out, so we're all in crunch mode trying to get everything finished up and ready for release.

Some KILLER stuff got sent in. Only a very small amount wasn't up to standard. And I mean VERY small. There are some insanely talented producers out there, some of you I'd never even heard of before. Future's looking pretty bright for the genre. :D

I may hit some of you up later once this album and one other project are done to inquire about either signing the tracks you sent for KFA, or asking you to do stuff for the label. Feel free to continue sending me stuff (this time unsigned/unreleased ONLY) if you're looking for a home for your tracks, as I'm always looking for new material for KFA, and if you make harder stuff, for Malice, which will be relaunching later this year (finally).

Thanks again everyone! <3

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/09/04 :  17:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
The Good

Daniel Seven & Buzz - Here to stay
Darwin, in-effect & Buzzy feat Fraz - Don't say goodbye
Hartshorn - Enjoy the moment
Sc@r - Live it up (Daniel seven Remix)
D-Lyte - Neon Dreams (Macks wolf remix) he remembered what speed hardcore is this time.
Frisky & Hijub - Love me forever (Ryan kore remix)
Ian K - YTR
Mr Ripley - find your way
Maxi Malone - I wanna know you
Contraption - dreaming of another way (Audio-x remix)

The Bad

Hommarju - The father
Getty - Quantum 2.0
Nakura - Just like before (Jazakid remix)
Kujinfu - Going deeper
Luna C - My Angel (E_tank remix)
J-Trax & Ak47 - Take off (not sure the middle of the track makes up for the start and end)
EzKill - Don't wanna play (God the drop doesn't do the buildup justice)
Seventhrun - Hurricane
Empyreal - Grenzganger

The OK

Daniel Seven - Sun on the ocean
Triplestar - Timeshift
Milano 84 feat Killme Alice - Awesome (Daniel 7 remix)
Chris fear & Daniel seven - You realize
Vau Boy - Rule the world
Bellatrax feat sophie may - I can't help myself (Daniel 7 remix)
Daniel Seven - this dream (Fracus remix)
Daniel Seven & Sc@r feat Dionne - Here and now (UFO remix)
Dounghboy - don't wake me
E_tank - freefall
Audio X - Sick game
Relect & 4 - Find you
Jimmy J & Cru-l-t - Sick Days (Bad Corey & evolutionise Remix)
Ultravibes - dream of me
Force & evolution - perfect dreams (no left turn remix)
Serotonez - Let you in
Entity - Stargazer (frenchcore mix)
Aos & Fracus - wanna be with you
Chris Fear & Aos - refuse to be denied
Aos & angerzone - Bad sensation
Fracus & darwin - Make it tonight
Darwin & Aos -What are you waiting for
Fracus & darwin & S3rl - moonlit eyes
Jack in the box - perfect love
Aos & newton Mea - Alive in the night
Jack in the box - Original Posse
Claxton - Nu dawn
Jack in the box & Fracus - Like this
Aos & Claxton - Epiphany
Aos - Find me

The Horrid

Jazakid - Dance Track
Ranzor & Debisco - mana spring (there are however 45 good seconds that don't make up for this mess)
Graz - Handzup (Oh dear god)
Getty & Noriken - Burnd out

The Great

Daniel Seven & Darwin - kick it again.
Alaguan - Safety net (said as much when HH6 came out - best hardcore "non gabber" tune out this year)

From a quick listen of course and some of these ok tracks could be growers i guess. Don't think there was any slow shit which is a big plus for HU.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/09/06 :  06:47:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I guess it took 7 volumes for them to stop trying to suck mainstream dick? Oh wait, they got Hardcore Heaven for that now...

I don't think you realise the actual history of Hardcore Heaven with you being in a country (Sweden) that pretty much never ever had any real Hardcore scene or decent Hardcore djs..
The brand Hardcore Heaven has been around as long as Bonkers. Was a creation of one of the pioneers of the scene DJ Seduction. Who eventually sold the rights off to other hardcore promoters.

So if Hardcore Heaven is mainstream in your eyes, I guess Bonkers is too.

Loads of the best djs mixed on Hardcore Heaven CDs in the 90's. Scott Brown, Marc Smith, Brisk, Hixxy, Slipmatt, Seduction, Sy & Unknown, Dougal.

It's an original UK Happy Hardcore brand with a long history. So why slag it off?

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2020/09/06 06:50:07
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/09/06 :  07:16:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
I guess it took 7 volumes for them to stop trying to suck mainstream dick? Oh wait, they got Hardcore Heaven for that now...

I don't think you realise the actual history of Hardcore Heaven with you being in a country (Sweden) that pretty much never ever had any real Hardcore scene or decent Hardcore djs..
The brand Hardcore Heaven has been around as long as Bonkers. Was a creation of one of the pioneers of the scene DJ Seduction. Who eventually sold the rights off to other hardcore promoters.

Loads of the best djs mixed on Hardcore Heaven CDs in the 90's. Scott Brown, Marc Smith, Brisk, Hixxy, Slipmatt, Seduction, Sy & Unknown, Dougal.

It's an original UK Happy Hardcore brand with a long history. So why slag it off?

Hardcore Heaven NOW is nothing like it used to be. The old Hardcore Heaven CD's and events were decent. You cannot compare the two. One is happy hardcore, the other is UK Hardcore.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/09/06 :  07:17:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd just stick with the Hardcore Heaven series. I prefer it to Hardcore Underground.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/09/06 :  07:21:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:

Hardcore Heaven NOW is nothing like it used to be. The old Hardcore Heaven CD's and events were decent. You cannot compare the two. One is happy hardcore, the other is UK Hardcore.

It still has the history Hardcore Underground will never have. And there are bits and pieces of Happy Hardcore on there anyway.

UK Hardcore is getting called UK Happy Hardcore again anyways.
Still the same concept in just a more modern time.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page