Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  23:36:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Hip Hop influences?

You do know that Hardcore has sampled hip hop music since mid-to-late 90's right?

Yes of course, Brisk and Scott Brown as well as a lot of the Dutch have been using oldskool hip hop samples for years. One thing I always liked about Hardcore.
But I noticed some guys like Nobody are stating to add the newstyle hip hop into his productions.

You will probably hate it as I know you are into completly different sounds, but I really the American hip hop influences throughout.

Nobody - Savage

Nobody - Empty Henny bottles.

This garbage reminds me exactly why I don't like Justice Hardcore.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/01/31 :  08:26:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

You do know that Hardcore has sampled hip hop music since mid-to-late 90's right?

Yes of course, Brisk and Scott Brown as well as a lot of the Dutch have been using oldskool hip hop samples for years. One thing I always liked about Hardcore.
But I noticed some guys like Nobody are stating to add the newstyle hip hop into his productions.

You will probably hate it as I know you are into completly different sounds, but I really the American hip hop influences throughout.

Nobody - Savage

that's horrific, gammer levels of bad.

How do we go from pianos & female vocals, to shit like this?

what elements of those tracks give them the right to be called happy hardcore, uk hardcore, or be played to those trying to listen to a hardcore set?

I would want my money back

UK Hardcore has never been 100% happy. Has always been darker tracks produced.

Why should everything sound the same? I bet your a Taylor Swift fan bro:).. And I am not talking about you her looks.

Props to Nobody for pimping up his sound and doing something different. I would be proud to play this loud on my stereo or at a party.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/01/31 :  08:31:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

Is not for everyone. But being a hip hop fan I have always liked urban samples or rapping in hardcore.

Let's face it hip hop has always been way more respected and popular than trance.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/31 :  11:59:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

that's horrific, gammer levels of bad.

How do we go from pianos & female vocals, to shit like this?

what elements of those tracks give them the right to be called happy hardcore, uk hardcore, or be played to those trying to listen to a hardcore set?

I would want my money back

UK Hardcore has never been 100% happy. Has always been darker tracks produced.

Why should everything sound the same? I bet your a Taylor Swift fan bro:).. And I am not talking about you her looks.

Props to Nobody for pimping up his sound and doing something different. I would be proud to play this loud on my stereo or at a party.

I wouldnt say UK Hardcore was dark at all, but wasn't always "happy" as in huge piano breaks etc.

But it's mostly been melodic to some description, never been dark and by dark I mean Knightvision dark, or dwarf / babyboom, which even though could be classed as dark , fitted in well in the "happy" scene.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/02/22 :  20:36:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Who runs OneSeventy? Does Technikore have something to do with running it?

Wonder if label have plans to release an album.

I actually found an OneSeventy album on Spotify: OneSeventy: The Annual I. You'll see it on Technikore's page.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/03/04 :  20:35:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
This isn't OneSeventy but Technikore related. I quite like this track Find the Spark but I would prefer it if it was faster, a UK Hardcore mix might be good. According to beatport it's 160bpm. Also it's not UK Hardcore and it's not hardstyle. I've noticed couple of Electric Fox videos including this one referring to HappyHard. So is this a sub genre of hardstyle?

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2020/03/04 20:37:02
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/03/04 :  20:42:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Ben Nicky has new track on Electric Fox. Interesting to hear about this.

https://www.beatport.com/release/giving-you-up/2836816

kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2020/03/04 :  21:30:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
This isn't OneSeventy but Technikore related. I quite like this track Find the Spark but I would prefer it if it was faster, a UK Hardcore mix might be good. According to beatport it's 160bpm. Also it's not UK Hardcore and it's not hardstyle. I've noticed couple of Electric Fox videos including this one referring to HappyHard. So is this a sub genre of hardstyle?

Actually, Technikore released a sexy collab with JTS and Firelite in the Dirty Workz Happy Hard label, Electric Fox. About 160BPM Happy Hard tunes, Electric Fox is really a trend. Actually, OneSeventy tried with #YEET and "Hit 'Em Like This" back in the yesteryear, powerful tracks IMO, compared with the Technikore and Tweekacore collab.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/04/30 :  20:56:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Dougal, Technikore, JTS - Never Be Alone sounds great.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/04/30 :  21:01:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
quote:
Hip Hop influences?

Nobody - Savage

Active Force - Where's the hip hop? MC Cyclone on the mic

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/07/16 :  22:07:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Mike Reverie - Ladies x Fellas, disappointed after hearing all the track. Not so keen on intro to track and the breakdown with the vocal samples but I do like the part after the breakdown and sound of main riff.

sterichie26

United Kingdom
471 posts
Posted - 2020/07/17 :  08:05:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sterichie26's homepage  Reply with quote
at the moment i'd say oneseventy is probably my favourite label, not the hugest fan of mike reverie but technikore can still pull a fast vocal slammer out of his sleeve when he wants.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/07/17 :  10:20:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Never really like any of Mob's stuff anyways. His name change didn't change that

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/10/27 :  20:06:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Not long for this to be released :)
https://www.beatport.com/release/oblivion/3145565

Olly P - Horizon and Mike Enemy - Sunkissed sounding good.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/10/27 :  20:11:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
For **** sake. UK Hardcore never learns. Take elements from other genres. Don't just pitch up the friggin track and call it UK Hardcore...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page