Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2020/07/07 :  15:15:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Will you crowdfund better sources to the 24/7 Retro bundles? :P

What is actually wrong with tracks, what ones i probably have multiple recordings may have better ones, some of them might just be my abysmal early mix downs and productions haha

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/07/11 :  11:37:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
quote:
Will you crowdfund better sources to the 24/7 Retro bundles? :P

What is actually wrong with tracks, what ones i probably have multiple recordings may have better ones, some of them might just be my abysmal early mix downs and productions haha

I had sent a list of tracks through the private message system here, if you remember my "Tracks from the Retro Bundle" message sent around 2019/10/11 :)

But in the end it was just a joke comment from me, you did already reply why some of the tracks were not up to snuff

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

AWal

United States
66 posts
Posted - 2020/07/11 :  11:55:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AWal's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
On a side note, if we do these projects .. anyone have any suggestions of what they want to see that we dont do?

Really, you lot at 24/7 have been pretty spot on at most just getting the stuff out there, and in multiple formats with edits for the causal crowds.

quote:
More crowdfunded stuff will come but what?

Lets see how this two turn out before suggesting further things: We all know CD pressing is very accessible but vinyl still has their MOQs with deposits to meet before they even send off test pressings. These crowdfunded projects had strong starts, but they're still not done, so I wouldnt jump to conclusions just yet...

quote:
Anything were doing badly? :D

The only thing I can really gripe about is release scheduling, as it seems more often than not the music keeps showing up on BandCamp some time after it's been available literally everywhere else. I try my best due diligence to avoid the inevitable double buys, but if I have a choice I'd rather support you guys on a more fair 70/30 platform, especially since they give a choice on format, lossless included.

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2020/07/11 :  18:39:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AWal:
quote:
On a side note, if we do these projects .. anyone have any suggestions of what they want to see that we dont do?

Really, you lot at 24/7 have been pretty spot on at most just getting the stuff out there, and in multiple formats with edits for the causal crowds.

quote:
More crowdfunded stuff will come but what?

Lets see how this two turn out before suggesting further things: We all know CD pressing is very accessible but vinyl still has their MOQs with deposits to meet before they even send off test pressings. These crowdfunded projects had strong starts, but they're still not done, so I wouldnt jump to conclusions just yet...

quote:
Anything were doing badly? :D

The only thing I can really gripe about is release scheduling, as it seems more often than not the music keeps showing up on BandCamp some time after it's been available literally everywhere else. I try my best due diligence to avoid the inevitable double buys, but if I have a choice I'd rather support you guys on a more fair 70/30 platform, especially since they give a choice on format, lossless included.

Yeah some fair points, the company seem pretty reputable and they handle it all, and from what I?ve heard pretty well, and the release scheduling is largely down to my home situation, to cut short my partner had the virus at one point and I was looking after her (also pregnant) and 4 kids by myself, that while moving house and numerous other world changing setbacks haha 😂.. thankfully that?s sorted and you?ll start to see band camp updated ahead of beatport etc, and a fresh new merchandise and 24/7 store in the next few weeks

There will be an extra crowdfunded vinyl project for 95-99 authentic sounding stuff running alongside.. but as you said neither have completed yet and might not, but we are using these to gage wether to do them more or stick to alternatives, and worst case they don?t work and we move on, if they do work we have lots of cool projects we can look at :-)

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2020/07/18 :  06:32:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
but like you said you had some bad issues with previous orders which I can only apologise for but that is all beyond my control, and I don?t understand how you don?t have the anthologies they have had stock for over a month? Have you chased them?

I have contacted them and they said they have no more stock of the CDs and will issue me with a refund. Including postage I hope as the rest of the order was digital.

So it should be all sorted soon.

I backed the new projects and hope they happen.

If the Gammer remix of Surrender doesn't get released this time I will cry. A lot.

Especially as I have heard YouTube DJs playing it now. I guess it's on the 24/7 Hardcore promo list.

Edited by - MusicILove on 2020/07/18 06:33:10
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2020/07/19 :  20:43:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
but like you said you had some bad issues with previous orders which I can only apologise for but that is all beyond my control, and I don?t understand how you don?t have the anthologies they have had stock for over a month? Have you chased them?

I have contacted them and they said they have no more stock of the CDs and will issue me with a refund. Including postage I hope as the rest of the order was digital.

If the Gammer remix of Surrender doesn't get released this time I will cry. A lot.

Especially as I have heard YouTube DJs playing it now. I guess it's on the 24/7 Hardcore promo list.

Who?s playing it? A few have it it?s been given out here and there but we don?t have a specific promo list

Thanks for backing :) I have stock of both CDs here I?ll get them on store next week, all my label stuff will be going through a large global distributer and on our new direct sale store with massive merchandise range etc so a fresh start for us!

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/07/20 :  15:49:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Who?s playing it? A few have it it?s been given out here and there but we don?t have a specific promo list

Thanks for backing :) I have stock of both CDs here I?ll get them on store next week, all my label stuff will be going through a large global distributer and on our new direct sale store with massive merchandise range etc so a fresh start for us!

I won't name names as I don't want to get anyone in trouble if they don't have it without your blessing. I assumed you had a promo list.

No problem. I have waited a long time so it's going to be worth the wait. I have not listened to the other tracks as I want to have a surprise when I get it in my hands. I have never seen a picture disc and don't even know what they are. That will be an interesting discovery for me too.

I understand there are a few others who haven't received the Volume 2 anthologies yet. I will encourage then to get in touch with HU.

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/07/23 :  09:55:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm missing some of my cds from orders as well.

I might be asking a stupid question alstorm, but is there a possible chance of someone like myself backing both projects and getting a refund or what have you on the combined shipping cost? It's going to be tough to swing it otherwise.

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/08/07 :  10:04:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore Underground have found some more stock of the volume 2 Anthologies and have sent me my copies. So for the first time in years I can say they are all caught up and I am pleased to see them getting back on track.

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/08/17 :  12:07:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
Erm.
So I just listened to the preview on the website of Surrender (Gammer Remix)

I was sad to see the track has been messed with. Hoping this won't be in the final release.

Why why why. Would someone stick a part of the HTID mix in to this. This wasn't part of the Gammer Remix that was originally shared. It also wasn't in the HU7 release.

It sounds like a bad edit. Like someone cut the HTID mix in to it.

Please, Please, Please Put it back to the original version.

After all this waiting. Please don't mess it up now.

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
Posted - 2020/08/17 :  14:28:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Erm.

I was sad to see the track has been messed with. Hoping this won't be in the final release.

Why why why. Would someone stick a part of the HTID mix in to this. This wasn't part of the Gammer Remix that was originally shared. It also wasn't in the HU7 release.

nah that's my error. from an old dj edit of it, for HTID USA I believe (that I got too drunk and forgot to actually play haha)

as it stands those projects won't go through anyway, was a tester with upfront stuff but seems the demand for more retro or 90s influenced stuff is much higher. if they don't go through we may press ourselves so expect an email offer as we do want it to go through even if its the only vinyl project we do!

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/08/17 :  15:29:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
Thank **** for that. I was worried there.

If you press them again or release them I will buy in whatever format even wax cylinder or Edison diamond disc, as long as it comes with Digital.

:)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/08/17 :  19:10:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I ****ing hate how the 1990-1995 era seems to get more love than the 1995-2000 one

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Alex Threat has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/08/18 :  10:00:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Erm.

nah that's my error. from an old dj edit of it, for HTID USA I believe (that I got too drunk and forgot to actually play haha)

as it stands those projects won't go through anyway, was a tester with upfront stuff but seems the demand for more retro or 90s influenced stuff is much higher. if they don't go through we may press ourselves so expect an email offer as we do want it to go through even if its the only vinyl project we do!

So you're saying it could still go ahead even if it doesn't fill up? I've been keeping an eye on the amount of backers etc, but if this is the case then i will back it regardless

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/08/18 :  13:52:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I ****ing hate how the 1990-1995 era seems to get more love than the 1995-2000 one

If you employ the following model [rave > settle down > career progression > marry partner > have kids > midlife crisis > rave] then the 1995-2000 renaissance is not far behind!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page