Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2021/07/13 :  07:03:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
People working from home in the longer term is a disaster waiting to happen. The economy depends on people going to work every day not sitting around home in their pyjamas. Really ****s me off seeing how people just think working from home is the new normal. It discourages proper communication and will just make us more introverted in the long run.

As for vaccine passports, no problem for me. Will be getting the vaccine when offered.

For doing the same work, it saves me an hour a day on commuting. Why would i travel to another place when i can do everything at home (and save 5 hours a week)? TBH communicating with Teams is much easier then face to face, since you can screen share. Depends on the work i suppose.

So that you dont become lazy and isolated. People expect far too much these days. Working from home can be ok when needed, but to do it every day is going to cause big problems now and in future.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2021/07/13 :  11:35:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
So that you dont become lazy and isolated. People expect far too much these days. Working from home can be ok when needed, but to do it every day is going to cause big problems now and in future.

I think the exact opposite. Everyone trying to cram themselves into city centers is a relatively new thing.
Now being lazy (at least in my profession) is just as easy in the office as it is at home, though the management do see if you get work done.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/14 :  06:07:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
As suspected. It won't be mandatory.

There are mixed messages about pubs and clubs, but I think they need to get it put in place, get everyone vaccinated and give a good reason to get vaccinated.

I am thankful they are dropping the amber country quarrentine on return if you are vaccinated, I am outta here next month :) Happy days.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2021/07/14 :  09:19:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:

There are mixed messages about pubs and clubs, but I think they need to get it put in place, get everyone vaccinated and give a good reason to get vaccinated.

I am thankful they are dropping the amber country quarrentine on return if you are vaccinated, I am outta here next month :) Happy days.

Not sure what you mean about mixed messages. They aren't legally obliged to, which is all I was talking about when it comes to 'mandatory'. The only obligation they have is to the public, their choice to do it or not depending on what their customers (or they) want.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/15 :  05:29:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not sure what you mean about mixed messages. They aren't legally obliged to, which is all I was talking about when it comes to 'mandatory'. The only obligation they have is to the public, their choice to do it or not depending on what their customers (or they) want.

The mixed messages are that they could well be legally needed, and not down to the owner.

You will need to prove you are vaccinated to gain entrance to a pub or club.

They are pushing the vaccine now for all under 40's .

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2021/07/15 :  11:31:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Nah, it's all recommendations I've not seen anything from the MPs about legally needing to enforce it. Sound like you're getting suckered into the media's opinions and spin, mate.

Both myself and the wife are double jabbed, and neither pubs nor clubs are places we want to frequent, so I am not coming at this from a biased 'nah mate I can still go to a pub even if I'm not vaccinated' point of view.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/07/15 :  15:02:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
There's nothing that stops Barowners from barring customers. It's their right as a private enterprise

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2021/07/15 :  20:48:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
There's nothing that stops Barowners from barring customers. It's their right as a private enterprise

Absolutely and I agree with that 100%.

Though I have no idea what a Barowner is. ;)

*edit* just clicked

Edited by - Triquatra on 2021/07/15 20:48:42
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2021/07/15 :  21:50:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:

I think the exact opposite. Everyone trying to cram themselves into city centers is a relatively new thing.
Now being lazy (at least in my profession) is just as easy in the office as it is at home, though the management do see if you get work done.

Your obviously just a lazy **** mate.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/16 :  05:43:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Nah, it's all recommendations I've not seen anything from the MPs about legally needing to enforce it. Sound like you're getting suckered into the media's opinions and spin, mate.

Both myself and the wife are double jabbed, and neither pubs nor clubs are places we want to frequent, so I am not coming at this from a biased 'nah mate I can still go to a pub even if I'm not vaccinated' point of view.

I'm not getting suckered into anything, they are making the same statements daily, club owners are considering making it compulsory to have a covid vaccine proof on some app or another to gain entry.

I think its a good idea. Especially if it gets the clubs going and keeps them open. They are pushing threats through because vaccine uptake from the under 40's is slowing up and they don't want the vaccine. So of course they'll spin it to make people think they have to do it.

But the owners of pubs and clubs woulldn't refuse the idea if it meant they could open without restrictions.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2021/07/16 :  09:40:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Which, as I was saying, has nothing to do with legalities and is down to the club or pub itself. This is a stupid debate which was prove even more stupid after the 19th.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2021/07/16 09:41:11
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/18 :  04:53:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Which, as I was saying, has nothing to do with legalities and is down to the club or pub itself. This is a stupid debate which was prove even more stupid after the 19th.

I can see by August restrictions coming back in. 10 days of freedom.

UK Is on the red list of a lot of other countries now.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2021/07/18 :  07:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
It is more like Groundhog Day than freedom day. We will be back in some kind of lockdown by September or October. They will frame it as the new normal but its death by a thousand cuts and gradual reduction of freedoms that we all took for granted before COVID.

We are being made to pay for the shocking mismanagement of the NHS over the years. That is the real issue here.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2021/07/18 :  20:37:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I can see by August restrictions coming back in. 10 days of freedom.

UK Is on the red list of a lot of other countries now.

Yep, I can see that too lol.

Plus this parliment LOOOOOOOVE their control. They'll extend their powers as long as they can. I heard they're thinking of extending them way past the September expiry date.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2021/07/18 :  20:39:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
It is more like Groundhog Day than freedom day.

Eyyy I hear ya, Neil Oliver!! ;)

He did speak well, didn't he!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page