Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Will Scott Brown ever produce again?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/08/29 :  03:11:03  Show profile Send a private message
The guy has produced more quality Hardcore than just about anyone in the entire hardcore scene. That is including the Netherlands, not just the UK.
The big question is, will he ever get back in the studio & treat us all to some new bangers? If so when? Even some collabs would be good.

His last batch of his own tracks seemed to be back in 2018 and there was loads of quality even then. Tracks like Energized, Make you scream, Fight for you etc.. which I still listen to often.

So Scott if you read this, it really would be good if you got back in the studio bruv:)
Anyone out there know what the story is?

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator

Edited by - rafferty on 2021/08/29 03:24:55
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/08/29 :  07:38:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
If he gets more airtime on Sharkey's Bonkers radio, he might get interested again. His mix on Hardcore Heaven didn't really feel like it was really his and that he was mandated to sound the same as others.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2021/09/01 :  13:56:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
Making a big resume

- Has released a track in OneSeventy with Technikore & JTS.
- Done a Mix CD with the guys from Scarred Digital and Future State Music.
- And done a brand new track for the Hardcore Uproar.

He is still releasing best of stuff, the lastest one was the Lockdown mix.

Edited by - kazukism92 on 2021/09/01 13:57:10
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/09/02 :  07:10:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
I wouldn't be surprised if he's burnt out, he's been producing for 30 years now, and at some point you need to stop.

He's an intelligent guy and knows that the UK scene is small now and if he spends hours upon hours in his studio making music that is going to gross tiny numbers, is it worth it ?

DJ appearances and best of mixes probably get him more revenue.

I'm surprised he stopped the Dutch style hardcore production tbh, because there's a way bigger market there for his stuff. He's done classic tracks like Sonic Boomstick and Juggernaut etc.

I hope he comes back, there's a lot of pressure on him to "save" hardcore. tbh I think it's beyond saving and he just should have fun with it.

But what do I know, Scott Brown is Scott Brown, and he's a legend of our scene, and i'll always be thankful for the tracks he's brought us. I was listening to Heavens Gate yesterday in the car and I just hear pure musical bliss tbh.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2021/09/02 :  09:19:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
I keep finding absolute banging tunes from the 90s that I didn't know about or missed first time around and, lo and behold, they turn out to be Scott Brown tunes.

Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Alex Threat has attended 3 events
Posted - 2021/09/02 :  10:12:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage
I hope he does start producing again, but I would be surprised if he does. As stated, he mainly plays out classics sets now anyway, which are always great to see!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/09/02 :  16:47:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Everyone just rewind and start making music for kniteforce.

Problem solved.

The future of hardcore lies in it's past.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/09/03 :  03:02:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I wouldn't be surprised if he's burnt out, he's been producing for 30 years now, and at some point you need to stop.

He's an intelligent guy and knows that the UK scene is small now and if he spends hours upon hours in his studio making music that is going to gross tiny numbers, is it worth it ?

DJ appearances and best of mixes probably get him more revenue.

I'm surprised he stopped the Dutch style hardcore production tbh, because there's a way bigger market there for his stuff. He's done classic tracks like Sonic Boomstick and Juggernaut etc.

I hope he comes back, there's a lot of pressure on him to "save" hardcore. tbh I think it's beyond saving and he just should have fun with it.

But what do I know, Scott Brown is Scott Brown, and he's a legend of our scene, and i'll always be thankful for the tracks he's brought us. I was listening to Heavens Gate yesterday in the car and I just hear pure musical bliss tbh.

Yeah that's true about the Netherlands. Their Hardcore scene is absolutely thriving. They had massive turnouts at Thunderdomes & events similar.
He would probably make good coin if he took Evolution records in a more Dutch/European direction. Stuff like Uptempo & Frenchcore etc.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2021/09/03 03:04:03
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/09/03 :  03:05:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Making a big resume

- Has released a track in OneSeventy with Technikore & JTS.
- Done a Mix CD with the guys from Scarred Digital and Future State Music.
- And done a brand new track for the Hardcore Uproar.

He is still releasing best of stuff, the lastest one was the Lockdown mix.

Would you happen to know the name of that New track he did for Uproar? Interested to hear it. Cheers.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/09/03 :  03:09:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

Problem solved.

Man that would be unreal if he released a few vinyls on Kniteforce.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/09/03 :  06:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

Problem solved.

I dont agree with this. I think that style of hardcore would be less popular now than it was back then.

Back then it was fresh.

Now it's just a bunch of purists trying to relive the past.

But each to their own.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2021/09/03 :  15:50:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I doubt Scott Brown would really sign to Kniteforce. I'm sure he'd still make an odd release or remix for the label, but Kniteforce has never been his kind of sound.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2021/09/03 :  22:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
He has taken several breaks from producing over the years and always came back strong. This time is probably different though and barring a miracle turnaround for the music he probably wont bother. He has such a massive back catalogue of classics that he can dine out on and make a decent enough living for as long as he wants.

In a nutshell, Scott brown can do whatever the **** he wants to. He has well and truly earned his stripes.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/09/04 :  05:01:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I doubt Scott Brown would really sign to Kniteforce. I'm sure he'd still make an odd release or remix for the label, but Kniteforce has never been his kind of sound.

Yeah your right, Kniteforce is mostly a much older sound.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2021/09/04 :  05:03:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
He has taken several breaks from producing over the years and always came back strong. This time is probably different though and barring a miracle turnaround for the music he probably wont bother. He has such a massive back catalogue of classics that he can dine out on and make a decent enough living for as long as he wants.

In a nutshell, Scott brown can do whatever the **** he wants to. He has well and truly earned his stripes.

What if you shouted him a few Pints, would he change his mind?:)

Edited by - rafferty on 2021/09/04 05:05:30
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2021/09/04 :  10:29:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Considering he has no problems visiting small club raves with maybe only 200 people, maybe a pint or four is all he needs :D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page