Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/09/04 :  15:10:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
Everyone just rewind and start making music for kniteforce.

Problem solved.

The future of hardcore lies in it's past.

I dont agree with this. I think that style of hardcore would be less popular now than it was back then.

Back then it was fresh.

Now it's just a bunch of purists trying to relive the past.

But each to their own.

still be better & more popular than 85% of the shit that comes our way these days.

As an added bonus, we would be guaranteed to not have to hear ******** dubstep, or whiny scratchy hardstyle sounds in every track anymore.

I mean, look at the reception this track got. Modern hardcore just simply doesn't get this kind of love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrGKplWG7E

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/09/04 :  16:55:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
if I were to be honest, I'm able to take an hour of the newest stuff than I can take an hour of oldskool/jungle.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/09/05 :  08:43:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Everyone just rewind and start making music for kniteforce.

Problem solved.

The future of hardcore lies in it's past.

I dont agree with this. I think that style of hardcore would be less popular now than it was back then.

Back then it was fresh.

Now it's just a bunch of purists trying to relive the past.

But each to their own.

still be better & more popular than 85% of the shit that comes our way these days.

As an added bonus, we would be guaranteed to not have to hear ******** dubstep, or whiny scratchy hardstyle sounds in every track anymore.

I mean, look at the reception this track got. Modern hardcore just simply doesn't get this kind of love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzrGKplWG7E

I haven't listened to anything other than that bouncy techno stuff that came from Lethal Theory which was really cool.

I like dubstep and hardstyle and tbh I like most styles of music, but when I listen to that track you posted, I just think, yeah done that , it sounds like a carbon copy of a old track , just stuff moved around.

Now there's nothing wrong with that, don't think i'm saying its bad, but for people who know, we've been there and its done. But for youngsters who never experienced that style, it would be fresh for them, and will spawn a bunch of remasters and remixes.

For me, I find that boring, but then I have moved away from hardcore completely, including the gabber, I simply just don't listen to it at all now. (Apart from in my car, cos the radio's ****ed and I gotta listen to old CD's lol)

Icewind

Canada
116 posts
Posted - 2021/09/07 :  03:43:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage  Reply with quote
Last track I heard that blew me away was Scott Brown - Go!

I hope he comes back to producing too, but I agree with the sentiment that he has earned his reputation. I can't count how many tracks he's actually produced over the years, but I know it's a shit ton.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/09/07 :  06:05:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Whatever comes or doesnt come , Scott Brown will always be the best producer we've had over the last 30 years.

He's transcended 2 maybe 3 era's in Hardcore and excelled in them all. I don't know many who can claim that.

Conviction
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2021/10/02 :  21:05:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Conviction's homepage  Reply with quote
I spoke to him on Twitter a few weeks ago and he said there IS new music coming soon, said he's got his groove back. Being unable to perform in front of people got him a bit stuck.

So definitely look out for new stuff.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2021/10/02 :  21:10:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
It makes me wonder what kinds of day jobs hardcore producers have. Or do many of them support themselves just off the music?

Conviction
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2021/10/02 :  21:19:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Conviction's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
It makes me wonder what kinds of day jobs hardcore producers have. Or do many of them support themselves just off the music?

I think doing gigs is where all the money comes from.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page